Warhammer 40k general

The tau best trained fire warriors are barely equal to your standard trained guard edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD'

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10125704
knuckleduster.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=267
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for you can only fire one gun during overwatch, by RAW.

Second for you're a fucking liar

third for chaos are shit.

ITT:Taucucks whining about ITCnerfs.

Play Farsight Enclaves or SHUT UP

fourth for you are right, but i regret nothing

Fourth for orkz are a melee race.

Bamping for Tau Supremacy.

Confirmed as troll for using shit old image.

Ninth for Chaos players are WAAC Fags from 3.0-.5

On a scale of 1-10, how douchey is it to bring an all-knights list at 1.5-2K games?

Chickin is not 40K. Chinkin was removed.

It's not the worst thing, but they're pretty dull to play against unless you're prepared for them.

looking for this but with chaos chapters, anyone have it?

I've been sitting on Betrayal at Calth since Christmas, unsure of what I want to do. But, looking at just how far the TT has fallen as of late, would it better to just play Kill Team? What's a good Dark Angels list for Kill Team?

bump

Are these new nerfs, or just the old "use common sense" nerfs?

>What's a good Dark Angels list for Kill Team?
As many bikes as physically possible.

>I've been sitting on Betrayal at Calth since Christmas, unsure of what I want to do.
Well, 30k is far better than 40k, and you have a 30k kit sitting right there...

They're "rule in favor of RAI/weaker interpretation" of vague RAW rules where Tau get the option of "lol that's fucking broken noway GW meant this when they wrote this shitty unclear rule" or "that's pretty good why do Tau get more special shit on top of this formation full of good units?".

It's by vote too so don't blame the organizers, the players themselves don't want to put up with an entire Tau army all benefitting from the same shared markerlights and ignore cover.

...that didn't answer my question.

The coordinated firepower nerf is old new by now. So did they get new nerfs, or are we still complaining about nerfs that are several months old?

People have only recently begun to complain about ITC being "houserules" that were "made by the biased owners of FLG", so what do you think?

When has Veeky Forums ever not been several years out of touch with the state of the game?

I have zero interest in playing HH.

Did any of the new datasheets for the flyers leak yet ?

>Play space G.I. Joe
>get utterly annihilated at every game, tonks getting destroyed like t-34's in a open field filled with 88mm guns, infantry squads slaughtered even before having the change to roll some shots
>store owner gets pity of me and borrows me two knights
>get hate for fielding just one

is this the fate of the guardsman?

I've been out of touch lately, are the new FAQs up ?

are there space communists in 40k?

"New" player here. I've been reading the lore for years but never bothered to play the game.

I'd like to play with Eldars or Gray Knights. Any advice?

Does the book give flyer units that didn't have squadrons the ability to be squadroned?

>Helldrake Squadrons

Yeah, play IG (Astra Millitarum) instead.

What are you even talking about, IG is high tier even without knights.

What is your list ?

I may be remembering this wrong but from what was leaked up to this point apparently flyers will gain the option to be squadroned, So you take 1-4 of the same flyer for one slot in the FoC.

>houserules
But they are house rules. That doesn't make them bad though.
>biased
M8, when more than half the players play marines, you can bet things are biased.

People claiming otherwise are the same faggots who insist some games are objectively good. Some people need to stop using words they don't actually know what means.

Go to a local store that sells 40k stuff, look around and get a feel for when players are around and if there's any other places you can play, don't buy anything though that's important, do some research (maybe have a look through the codices), then build yourself a 500 point list or so and go see if anyone is willing to play a bit to show you the ropes.

I'm going through the same thing myself.

I thought most people use the ITC FAQ, even in more casual games, no?

ITC rules are fine IMO. The only bullshitty part is not allowing come the apocalypse allies but otherwise it seems reasonable and balanced.

Not exactly "squadron", as that makes them a unit and requires unit coherency.

Each "choice" can take up to 4 models, but they can act independantly. They just get bonuses for being in certain formations.

Some do, and it IS widely used - as I said, house rules aren't necessarily a bad thing. But you cannot claim they aren't house rules.

Yeah, they are mostly fine, my only beef with it os the lack of direction. At first it was intended to be a "global FAQ" to answer shit that GW refused to clarify. Then they started making actual rules changes. And I mean, sure, some of them are fine (Straight up nerfs lile the Tau Drone factory and Invisibility) but it just feels way off when you start nerfing certain things, but leave others be. I can understand trying to balance the game, but if they want to do that, they should actually do it, rather than nerf a few specific things, but leave other things untouched.

This way of halfassing it just feels stupid in my opinion. Either you go full balace mode, or you stick to clarifying the rules that people disagree on.

Discussions about the Tau Tidewall seems to have died off quite hard after the inital spergout we had here on Veeky Forums, so I thought I might bring it up under less dumb conditions.

Since I run a farsight enclaves CAD, i can fit in fortifications. My initial thought was to bring it all, but that becomes expensive AND unwieldy. If we assume taking only 1 of them, that ISN'T the railgun platform, what would you prefer? The wall? The drone platform? Maybe 2 seperate pieces?

strawpoll.me/10125704
strawpoll.me/10125704
strawpoll.me/10125704

SUPERIOR POLL. VERY IMPORTANT. VOTE OR YOUR MUM DIES IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT

>space marines and imperium being two seperate things
Are you retarded?

Why are retards even in this thread when the one that was up first is at 270 posts on page 2.

Real Thread

>used to play 40k when I was 12-16
>stopped after going to college because money and time
>23 now
>earning good money
>always contemplate going back but have no idea if actually playing it with the strangers at games workshop (or warhammer now whatever) would be fun

You guys play with friends or do those store meetups? Also how expensive is it really? Did it just seem like a whole lot because I was a kid or what

I have a decently active shop and have made a few good friends there so I usually get 3-4 games a month in.

It is still expensive but it is a very inclusive hobby in that it is more than just the game. Compared to my friends that play Magic and console games I am probably inbetween those two with hobby price.

Nice edition, Tau and AM are basically the same army anyway.

Yeah: don't bother, the tabletop is shit and all of us hate it

>I thought most people use the ITC FAQ, even in more casual games, no?

I'd never even heard of them until now.

So a couple of lore questions.

What is the expected fleet loadout for a Space Marine chapter? I don't mean those that are fleet-based like the Black Templars, I'm talking about your average chapter like the Ultrasmurfs, White Scars, etc.

I know the average chapter has 2 or 3 Battle Barges, with obviously larger chapters having more (especially those that don't follow the Codex for force sizes), but what about strike cruisers, support ships, etc. Any concrete info there?

Any sources on how many crew are in various tanks?

For example:

A Russ,

A Baneblade,

A Predator,

A Vindicator,

I think the Leman Russ cutaway had 4 crew

Baneblades are at least 10-

"The tank is a venerated Standard Template Construct (STC) design, with ten people needed to fully crew one. It is also one of the oldest STC designs in existence. They are often used as command vehicles by Imperial Guard commanders. "

Here is the pdf for various rules when fighting on diffrent planets. Just thought if someone here wanted it

Space Marine Tank crew seem to be fully armoured marines.

Not serfs, not even marines not in bulky armour whilst trying to load a fucking Demolisher cannon, fully armoured marines.

I'LL TAKE MY ARMOUR OFF WHEN I'M INTERRED IN A DREADNOUGHT BROTHER, AND NOT BEFORE. NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A PLANE TO PILOT.

Russ has 4: driver, loader, gunner, commander. Predator is 2, driver and commander, IIRC. Vindicator is probably the same. Space Marine vehicles use the Machine Spirit to aid in firing and handling multiple weapons, whereas Guard vehicles require humans to do it.

Did one of our drawfags do this? This is way too good, I feel like I owe the Emperor a vote just for this

The longer you look at it the better it gets

What exactly are these ITC nerfs that everyone is getting tizzy about?

No Tau where I play so I never even hear about it.

Baledrakes aren't that good anymore, and Hadesdrakes are getting gutted with the new supplement.

Baledrakes were only oppressively good when they could Vector Strike a transport to death and flame the dudes while they were bunched up, and that was always a fairly lucky occurrence. As soon as your enemy spread out, Baledrakes struggle to make their points back.

>wafer thin
Is this a monty python reference, or it that just a common saying out in England?

It's common enough usage.

OK, then what the fuck is a wafer
>looks it up

What's the best loadout for a Leman Russ squadron ? Thinking about 2 demolishers.

He's not talking about the chicken you ass. He's talking about the lack of Renegades.

I've hated the OP image since it debuted (what feels like) years ago, and have never stopped hating it.

How do we fix tabletop Tzeentch?

Make his Psychic Powers table not shit.

The tabletop is fine, players are fucked.

Once per game, an enemy squad becomes yours for the rest of the game

They were alpha legion in disguise

Ffffffuck deathballs

A slaanesh herald is I7 but if she charges trough cover she is I1 due to no assault grenades.
If I bought her a locus that gives her +5 initiative, would she be I6 or remain I1?

Just as planned- all enemy units lose obsec and Tzeentch marked units gain obsec for any one turn.

If you take Demolishers, kitting them with a heavy flamer and heavy flamer sponsons is good for area denial once you're close enough to use the cannon. An Executioner as 'squad lead' is nice, especially fitted out with plasma cannon sponsons. Gives excellent crowd control.

Make Thousand Sons S5 AP4 Bolters with Soulfire. Make his psychic table a mix of Telepathy and Divination (a bit like how Sanguinary is a mix of Biomancy and Pyromancy)

I1

Still Int 1.

pretty sure it's after modifiers, so they're still I1

There's no point in taking anything on the Demolisher nor the regular Russ. Ordnance makes them snap fire all the rest of their weapons, so you're wasting points on weapons you're barely ever going to use. Only upgrade I'd give them is a pintle-weapon to reduce the chance of losing the main gun in case of Weapon Destroyed, but other than that sponson and hull guns are useless investments.

Right now I'm planning on fielding a pair of Wiverns for crowd control so I'm looking for something to deal with heavy infantry, MCs and heavy tanks.

The other two non-doombolt powers should be replaced. Maybe one of them should turn a model into an insane, writing mass.

Mark of Tzeentch on the Sorcerer removes the ability to cast Biomancy but now grants access to Divination and Telekinesis
Mark of Tzeentch on units without an invuln save instead get a random statline buff (Rolled on D6)

Soul blaze needs to be made not useless

Rubric Marines need to not be very expensive and are otherwise fine

What kind of dust are Rubric Marines? Can you snort/smoke them?

I play among a group of 20+
None of us use those houserules, we've only seen one player show up who was using forgeworld riptides and citing stuff from those rules that made them better.

The fact that many use the ITC houserules is a fallacy they propagate to promote their rules, which won't matter when GW releases their FAQ's very soon.

I1. It's stated in the initiative section that rules that "set" initiative take precedence after rules that add or subtract to it. AFAIK, locus isn't an exception (so the locus would be overwritten by your initiative being set at 1 by the charge).

What do you think doomrider's been doing all these years?

Why would Trump be supporting Sanders? They're completely different from eachother.

>fallacy
is a logical error in an argument. It doesn't just mean something that's wrong.

The ITCs are fine in my view, but optional. They're pretty hard on Tau though, dunno why that player would cite them unless he was being selective.

Where are you getting the idea that FAQs are coming anytime soon?

Is there anyway to make a freebooter army? Badrukk is a model but there's no troops with the bicorne or other pirate stuff.

Hillary killed him, and Trump has said he likes him despite their political differences

Badrukk leads mobs of Flash Gitz, cause he's a pretty Flash Git himself.

So, you run lots of Flash Gitz and greenstuff hats on.

there are some pirate gretchins, but they might be out of print

Give all MoT units Soul Blaze on their attacks.

>fix mark of Tzeentch by making it random and therefore worthless
Spotted the GW writer.

It's better than a 6++ invulnerable save.

Trump also said Carson was a child molester, then called him a great guy who he always liked

Trump will literally say anything, so that's not much of a defense.

Heavy flamer as the hull weapon on a Demolisher: If you get weapon destroyed, you're close enough to maybe get a chance to use it, it's free, and there's a very limited number of situations where firing a heavy flamer is more useful than a Demolisher cannon anyhow.

Mark of Tzeentch goes to 5++ base. Make CSM not shit.

Aspiring Sorcerer gains a wound and can buy a spell familiar and second Mastery Level, Rubrics down 2 PPM, Relentless unless no Sorcerer attached then Slow and Purposeful and mindlocked a la Servitors.

CSM get all BRB disciplines, cast Malific as Daemons Malific should just go Chaos only, and Tzeentch Discipline is unfucked.

Icon of Flame is just an Auspex/Omnispex. Icons regain deep strike homing.

Better, Warpflame.

I've never used greenstuff, bicornes seem have a pretty simple shape so it wouldn't too difficult, right?

So does Skies of Death have rules for FMC or are they just left with jack shit?

Alternative is to buy models like:
knuckleduster.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=267

and chop the hats off.