MTG Pauper General: No One Cares Edition

>MTGO Pauper Guide
cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-9666685-9a0c9afaf20bf0938e38479e38e40ad3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i do care to be h

No, no one cares.

But I do care to but just don't have any idea for discussion. I don't playing MTGO, just sometimes paper pauper with friends, mainly spending pauper-time on drafts and trying to make this damn pauper EDH deck for weeks. It's sad that pauper is dead on Veeky Forums

Also posting uncommon tits

>It's sad that pauper is dead on Veeky Forums

Not only on Veeky Forums.

Just use fucking goblins and if the losers at your shop play "paper" pauper load up on goblin grenades

any izzet blitz player here?
post/link your lists i want to do some comparison

mine is

4x kiln
4x delver
4x nivix

4x ponder
4x preordain
3x gitaxian probe
1x gush

4x lightinig bolt
1x gut shot

4x apostle's blessing
4x mutagenic grow
4x temur battlerage
1x slip trough space

2x Izzet cancel (gainlands are for pussies)
1x lonely sandbar
8x island
7x mountain

side

2x shattering spree
2x gut shot
3x dispell
2x echoing trouth
2x deep analysis
2x flame slash
2x electrickery
goin to remove something to make space for 3x flearing pain tho

I already invested in Burn. I hate local players. Weirdos. Trying to stay MTU own Pauper league at a local nerd bar that keeps social retards at bay.

My own*

what do you think about Dauntless Cathar? Would it have a place in a token deck?

>Dauntless Cathar
Having 1W 1/1 flying blocker is better than having no blocker IMO

My LGS plays paper pauper and allow Goblin Grenade. I've been testing this Red Metal list based on my old standard Zendikar/Mirrodin list and it honestly seems disgusting.

4x Ornithopter
4x Foundry Street Denizen
4x Goblin Bushwhacker
4x Mogg War Marshal
1x Skirk Prospector

4x Kuldotha Rebirth
3x Panic Spellbomb
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Goblin Grenade
3x Reckless Abandon

4x Great Furnace
3x Teetering Peaks (may change to Smoldering Spires)
10x Mountain

Thoughts? I wonder how prevalent t1/t2 wipes are in my meta, which seem to be the only real thing that can disrupt it. Am I crazy?

RIP thread

trying my best to animate those threads but seems no one gives a fuck nor even opens them

gotta fear those electrickeries

Whenever I cast Thought Scour, this really obnoxious meatball at my LGS starts screaming and going apeshit about it.

What should I do to make him rage even harder? Any more cards with similar effects I can play in Pauper?

Oh boy, didn't know that one

I'm not a big fan of mill, but I will make a little nasty deck just to annoy that guy

>Electrickery
That shit is dope.
What's the context? Why would someone get mad about getting milled for fucking two? Wait until he gets hit with a Conspired Memory Sluice.

Doing it at instant speed after he scries, drawing a card at the end of his turn...that kinda stuff

Can my Zuberas play too?

though he was just mad at seeing mill stuff, thats why i suggested

would grixis zuberas work?
should be 4-5 colors to get full potential from those guys but having such a messed up manabase is kinda impossible in pauper

5 color would work fine, evolving wilds solves problems. Just need some counterspells and a sac outlet like Ashnod's Altar or Viscera Seer.

>88
>after he scries
Heil fucking Hitler

we are looking for istant-ish mill effects
the point in tough scour is that it can fuck up a preordain scry

Find out Dream Twist from old inninstrad
U istant mills 3
has flashback 1U to fuck shit up even more
still dont think erasure/mills will ever be decent archetypes

a machine for PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS

What did he mean by this?

to be honest i cant see what would be the point of this deck
>i have a gimnick that allows me to gain 4 life every 2 turns!
>look some removals!
>check it out! mulldrifters!!

seriously how is this supposed to work?

>"similar effects I can play in Pauper"
>Posting rare
user, why

It's just hardcore value, which is pretty much every BUG archetype deck. Typically it goes reen for fatties and mana, blue for draw and counters, black for hand disruption and removal. BUG wins by grinding your opponent down with resources.

you should probably watch the pauper gauntlet.

I tried last time but it's REALLY quiet here. Here's a BG Aristocrats deck I've been thinking about for some time, just wanna pen it down somewhere.

4x Young Wolf
4x Blisterpod
4x Nest Invader
4x Carrion Feeder
2x Nantuko Husk
4x Driver of the Dead
2x Ornithopter

4x Springleaf Drum
4x Rancor
3x Swarm Surge
3x Grisly Salvage
2x Fling

4x Jungle Hollow
2x Holdout Settlement
7x Swamp
7x Forest

With some Gurmag Anglers and Vault Skirges in the sideboard for mode shifting. Not sure if Unearth would be better than Driver, and whether Chainer's Edict sits better in the Grisly Salvage slot.

Driver is really synergistic, I'm just wondering if it's not cost prohibitive over something like Unearth. Swarm Surge seems sick if you can stack up enough bodies. I would think you might want to run a couple Altar's Reap, just for a bit of gas.

In a deck like this I like to think of Driver as a Sorcery-Speed Collected Company. If I was asked to run Altar's Reap, I'd go for Sign in Blood or Read the Bones, I had them as a two of in a earlier draft.

If the Fling plan turns out too janky for this deck, which I hope not, I've got 6 Red sources, I might replace those with a gas spell.

I guess cost prohibitive is something I'll have to test online for. I do have Scions and Springleaf Drum though. One more thing, do you think Hunger of the Howlpack is potentially better than Rancor?

BUGS

AND

PIGS

It durdles a lot but I got hit pretty hard by it before.

Ooh, here's a brave man. I think you want a lot of graveyard recursion and a good win con. So what said, Grixis and have some death triggers and Gurmag Angler as insurance.

I played against this online yesterday and it was really good. That version had Sylvok Lifestaff as well.

The deck is really good at grinding out value. Its fairly impervious to most removal and pretty well immune to bounce.

Pauper Gauntlet progress report: most of Delver has arrived safe for a Bonesplitter and two Deprives. Goblins, Stompy and Tokens are on the way. Getting missing pieces for Affinity and Bogles.

Not at all. The trample alone is super valuable, as is the recursion, especially in a sac deck. Maybe the toughness bonus is worth something on Howl, but overall I wouldn't think they're close. Rancor is an absurd card.

Well fuck me sideways, a card called Rite of Consumption exists. Screw Fling.

I mean, you can't respond to removal with it or use it after lethal blocks are declared. It's a lot worse.

I'm one Chain Lightening away from completing my Burn deck.

Problem is, I'm a fairly normal guy, and all the MTG players around here are fat smelly weirdos or skinny hyper nerds.

How do I get along with these people? Everything I say is either an attack or an insult to them. Is it because I'm normal they hate everything I say?

I want your money pls.

It's science money bitch. Do science, make money, accumulate deck over time.

are you from US?
moslty here on 4c would call me a fuckin normie but at my LGSs (im italian) we are all a bunch of normal people

think the weirdos and hypernerds are more of a US magic scene thing

Well there are normal people, but the majority here are weirdos with terrible social problems. I ask them if they would like to play at the geek bar and they shit themselves. They don't know basic social graces. It's terrible.

For some reason I'm looked down on for being normal and having a career and wife and kid and home.

would trying to brew a land destruction centered list worthless?
i cant remind this strayegy being even slightly competitive even, but most destroy-land cards are common
also
is sinkhole playable in pauper?

If you're playing actual pauper, then no, sinkhole is not.

If you're playing kitchen table casual Commons then go ahead.

Playing this bad boy here

deckstats.net/deck-9666685-9a0c9afaf20bf0938e38479e38e40ad3.html

I'll probs swap the Scavengers for a 4th Rootwalla, 3rd Deep Anal and 2 Mandrills though.

cool

Goblin Fireslinger Vs Spark Elemental as a 3 of in Burn? Is main boarding anti Delver really better with fireslinger?

You shouldn't care about Delver or even about interactions at all, you should just spam your 1 CMC 3 damage spells as fast as humanly possible. Their counterspells cost 2 mana only, so you'll have the tempo and mana advantage anyways.

That said, Spark is pretty bad, so go with Fireslinger unless you're not running:

4 Lava Spike
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Rift Bolt
4 Shard Volley
4 Flame Rift
3 Fireblast

If you're missing something from there, then use those 3 slots on it.

>muh netdecking
>muh tryhards
>muh counters
>lolrandom xD
Then they rage about losing and being scrubs. I hate LGS autists so fucking much. It's so easy not to be a fucking tool.

I really like this list. Are the artifact lands just to bolster delirium?

Aristocrats is such a cool archetype, And there are so many different versions of the deck.

Have you considered playing a humans themed deck with Falkenrath Torturer, Servant of the Scale, and other bg humans?

I like this Servant of the Scale! He's essentially two sacrifices worth of cards. I can see why people like the Humans theme too. I'm gonna try Eldrazi so I can have the option of going wide- Swarm Surge is a great spell in Limited and I wanna make it work in Pauper.

blue counterspelling decks are evil.

You only need to generate a good amount of tokens to make that card work. Why would you care about trading favorably when your objective is to deal a bunch of damage?

Well, if I can activate the First Strike, that puts me up cards, right?

What are you going on about, Counterspell is like the single reason I'm playing this format.

who brun here

moi!

Sweet deck m8, I'm missing Chain Lightning and Flame Rift, otherwise I'd just piece mine together from my Modern Burn Zoo.

Any reason you're not running Searing Blaze? Or do I just have the ocular senses of a lobotomised cockroach.

I own it, but I find it horribly boring.

I'm this faggot btw

I honestly don't really like it. I find that with only 19 lands you're more likely to hit a non-land, which kinda ruins Blaze.

got any other ideas for the falkenrath aristocrats
any cards you suggest besides the two that make it synergize well like it would with nantuko husk

A popular idea is a monoblack zombies build, their graveyard recursion is strong enough at Common level.

Im not sure rightnow, butill check. This thread in a few hours. I know that there are some mercenaries that were errataed to be humans, though...

wow that brings back memories of a really old (pre-mirrodin) deck I used to play,but with carrion,nantuku,symbiotic elves,penumbra cat ,shades form ,sadistic glee ,crypt rats & other removal.
shades form on symbiotic and sac it and tokens to nantuku was the main win after putting rat activation on the stack .
fun times ,really should throw an updated version back together :)
p.s. needs more 'Unearth' and maybe 'vampiric link'

Can someone explain to me why chainer's edict is nearly 3 euros each and other cards like diabolic edict or geth's verdict that do the same are 1 euro the playset?

It has flashback and speculators love old uncommons.

>people running 4 Shard Volley in Burn main deck
>Not running a bare minimum of 3 Searing Blaze main board
>No Incinerate being an auto 4 be of in any pauper burn deck

You guys are shit burn players.

It's like you guys have never played burn.

What are the best one-drops in white weenie or soul sisters?
Doomed Traveler
Thraben Inspector
Icatian Javelineers
Soul Warden
Soul's Attendant
Court Homunculus and Ardent Recruit when artifacts

Anything missing?

WON PAUPER NIGHT
WHY IS THIS DWEEB FORMAT SO EASY HAHA THANKS FOR THE $20 LOSERS

>WHY IS THIS DWEEB FORMAT SO EASY
Because no one plays it seriously? Pauper is for cheap fun and that's pretty much it.

sorry user but you seem to be in the wrong thread
the casual mtg thread is that way --->>>>>

Butthurt because you only beat some casuals who wanted fun?

what? no, i played super tryhards because that's all anyone is at my store
i'm just making fun of you for playing games for fun instead of to win
did you know that there is a 90% correlation between people who unironically enjoy any kind of competitive games and having low testosterone levels?
>you confirmed for low test dweeb
do you even lift?

>>you confirmed for low test dweeb
>do you even lift?
Fuck, ya got me!
Please share your secrets with me, I want to be a lifting high test magic player like you ;_;

hey say that to my face and not online you little faggot and see what happens
fucking 1v1 me on modo add me ign is steel101
you won't

What about something that causes them to shuffle their deck after they scry but before they draw? Different way to do it, but it still makes their scry pointless.

Yeah, but I'll probably swap them back for basics since I'm cutting Scavengers

are land destruction or stompy/all-in red viable in pauper? Coming from modern it seems like there's a lot of good mana acceleration and land destruction but not a lot of good finishers.

Doubtful. Most common land destruction in red is 4 cost. Black has several 3 cost spells plus sinkhole, but even so I think you'd be likely to get run over by a burn deck or a t1 delver with daze backup.

Black also has Dark Ritual, which I would recommend. Your best curve would end up being
>t1 land, dark rit, 3cmc
>t2 land, sinkhole
>t3 land, 3cmc

It definitely has potential, but there are a lot of fast decks in pauper that will just lay you out if your draw is slow.

i was thinking more along the lines of 1 and 2-mana spells. I'm working on a modern deck that does pretty well with smallpox and a low curve so i tried to make this like that.
also i have no idea what creatures are good in pauper

stompy without land destruction is better in this format. land destruction doesnt feel viable enough in too many matchups

Maybe MTG isn't for you. I'm being genuine, I don't get why you would enter a crowd you can't relate to.

actually stompy doesn't really make sense as it looks like pretty much every deck is fair and i can't even find lock pieces anyways

stompy doesn't run lock pieces.

i was referring to the ancient tomb/chalice/blood moon style of deck.
Browsing cards, it seems like common has plenty of fast mana but nothing worth spending it on...

stompy is for beating delver and other similar blue decks, as well as control decks