How was your last session?

So tell me, Veeky Forums.

How was it?
What did you like?
What didn't you?

My latest session went pretty great. The DM was happy. This was 5e and we went from people catching feelings last sessions and actually bickering to being able to squash the beef like adults and play the game and have fun all around. I'm hoping it keeps and the cleric stops trying to be overtly sexual just because he picked a fertility goddess as his deity.

Technically it didn't happen because noshows.

Before that, the party was down some PCs (nowshows) and accidentally got tangled up with an encounter intended for a bit later in the game. Long story short, we almost got a TPK, several added enemies including a boss with multi-attacks came into the encounter and started critting all of us, my daughteru died, some of us are now captive/stripped of gear/expected to get into our heaviest combat yet, and now I'm a rat lycanthrope and have a 50% chance of turning on my allies.

Things have been better.

What's wrong with being overtly sexual though? Are you gay?

I fucked up as a GM, a little, but got lucky.

Party travelling cross country, the hireling-type with them at some point gets replaced by a doppelganger, and disappears next day with the macguffin they were couriering, along with most of their rations. They split off, two of them tracking him ranger style, while the barbarian uses beast sense with a raven to search ahead and the halfling rogue stays to guard his senseless body.

Randomly decide the rogue/barbarian have orcs stumble across them, and two of them appear. Some absurdly good rolls from the orcs result in both the rogue and barbarian being incapacitated (admittedly rogue fucked up by attacking them instead of just staying successfully hidden). Luckily they both stabilized themselves, so I ruled it as them being captured and dragged off by the orcs, but now the ranger and bard have found the cave where the doppelganger escaped to, with no idea their friends are missing.

Our party had gotten talked into helping one group of smugglers/pirates pull off a coup and overthrown another group of smugglers/pirates and take over their territory/criminal empire. Originally we were doing this in exchange for information about one of our party member's kidnapped father, and planned to GTFO once we got said information.
True to their word, the group we were helping did give us the information we were after. However one of the roguish bastards working for the new guy we just installed ended up pickpocketing the teleportation scroll we were gonna use to leave. So now we're sorta trapped on his island, outnumbered by all his guys, with no easy way of escape. This is doubly bad because, as outsiders, there's definitely a risk in letting us escape with all the information we have on his operations and the identities of his lieutenants.
So far he hasn't announced any intention to kill us, in fact, I think he finds us useful since we did such a good job helping him attain his new leadership position... but he's a careful bastard too. I feel like there's very little chance he's going to let us leave so easily without some kind of... insurance.

Basically, we fucked up and got outplayed by a bad guy.

There's being sexual and then there's being overtly sexual to the point of being that guy. Like I ain't trying to see someone out their fetishes into the game because it makes it weird

Last session i had was pretty good, 5e, My DM is fond of making his own stories in the forgotten realms (we are all comfy in this setting).
We are set in Chult and or home town was just raided and we think its due to our actions.

>how was it?
9/10, lots of serious effects comming through and solid role-playing from all Pc's and the NPCs
>What did you like?
Pretty much everything, Solid story and there was a sick wyvern fight, was clutch and we nearly lost our Cleric
>What didnt you?
It gets a tiny bit slow sometimes and one of our Players takes a while to get into gear but when he is in his comfort zone we work well, also our Paladin had to retire due to character issues so the PC is running a new Char but playing it well, still sucks because me and the wizard are the only original characters now.

My last session didn't happen.

Work bullshit made me miss it by over 3 hours. (Out of the usual 4).

Sad times desu m80s.

Pretty good. I experimented with some homebrew for my group to spice things up, and while there are improvements and clarifications that need to be done, I think the concept is sound.

Currently I'm in an alternating schedule with my D&D GM--he runs 5e one week, I run Marvel Heroic the next, so we each have time to prepare and don't have to worry so much about our getting in prep time with our schedules.

I wasn't originally set to GM, though--it was sprung on me more or less at the last minute--and I am (and everyone else is) new to the system, so I don't really have a plan. I've mostly been rolling with the punches and designing things session to session.

Everyone's having fun so far, which is nice, and last game was the most generally successful all around. I'm still getting the hang of designing good combat encounters in the system.

Last session the team beat a helicopter up and a successfully fought and contained a genetically engineered symbiote-like living weapon before totally curb-stomping a small low-caliber security team, and then founded a secret headquarters: a private hangar with an attached warehouse, nominally as part of one characters' business holdings. Utilizing that will be pretty fun!

>go to first session of pathfinder with new group
>only person I know is the DM
>Setting is tens of thousands of years after the fall of a great civilization. Nature has reclaimed the land and once great cities have become forgotten ruins. Society has devolved back to Caveman style hunter gatherers.
The characters were as follows.

>Fluffis Red-eyes - Catfolk Oracle of Clockwork who was banished from her tribe for having too much interest in the cursed ruins and the tech that lies in their dipilated walls. Insatiably curious amd highly territorial, she made herself a small home in the ruins and spends most of her days smacking metal with wrenchs in hopes that something will happen. Has a little robot dinosaur familiar named Grinder.

>Jobsnobbler - A Goblin Barbarian (Feral Gnasher) who was born with an incredibly massive head and equally massive jaws. His only goal in life is to eat one of everything there is to eat in this world, including other species. He was kicked out of his tribe for attempting to eat the shaman. Unlikely best friends with Fluffis.

>Tyron Weepingoak -a Rogue hailing from the city of elves, the only semi-civilized place in the setting, Tyron was banished from the city for his incredibly ugly appearance. In actuality he just has a severe allergy to the type of pollen that runs rampant throughout the jungles and ruins, causing large pustles and boils to break out all over his body.

>then That Guy revealed his character.
>it was quite literay Papyrus from Undertale.
>Not a character inspired by him.
>not a character who is a recreation of him
>literal Papyrus.
>spends the entire session dropping memes and mentioning spaghetti whenever he could possibly do so.
>it took every cell in my body sayong no to not just fucking murder him in game and blame it on territorial Catfolk traditions.

My latest session was Last Things Last, the module included in Delta Green: Need to Know. I used it as the start of my new Delta Green campaign. PCs are a FBI special agent, a FBI forensic doctor and a US Marshal recruited for the recently resurrected Delta Green. It was a fun session. I like the new Bonds system and how they slowly are eroded when your sanity shatters.

Well I played 5e with a curse of strahd adventure. Guy wanted to tested it before a con. I liked it except at the end of it, I was thinking to myself. "WoTC. The flying fuck how are you not suppose to die outright?" Because our DM ran the Death House part of the adventure.

Also if you want to play Curse of Strahd stop reading right now as this part of the adventure module has some major spoilers.

So it's pretty straight forward you know, spooky thing this, windmill that. Bats and insect over there! But here is the kicker that made me mad at WoTC. So throughout the house you eventually get to a hidden area where the main two children reveal that there is a secret bottom part right?

1/?

Well once the PC go down there and check it out, you get attacked by the following things.

1 Animated Armor.
4 Ghouls
1 Spector
2 Ghosts
1 Shambling mound.

Doing the math of adding all the XP values and determining the threshold of this encounter if assume this house was ran at least once or twice in one sitting, here is what I get. 5200 xp

Thats alot and the players are about lvl 2. for a 5 man party that will fuck your shit up. Well a sorrcer got one shoted by the spectors bullshit either grab nonsense. And the shambling mound grapples all the things. So like...is WoTC unfairly gauging the house. This is just unnecessary cruel. to the PC.

And not to mention that I highly doubt your Party will do a short or long rest in that house if your DM is a dick, nor will you want to go back to the in and you 'spawned,' at either.

Or maybe my party just doesn't know how to strategize well so meh.

The players have all got plague, the treatment they're taking for the plague will only grant them a few more days before it stops working, the treatment is causing impaired vision and could result in permanent blindness, they almost died by foolishly attempting to raid a bandit hideout, and they pissed off not one but three religious temples (by insulting the first two, and breaking into the third).
They're are now quite a great many people who want them dead, in prison, or punished in some other way, and a f that wasn't bad enough, they're slowly going blind and dying of plague.
Such is life in the world of Warhammer Fantasy.

Well, the last one didn't run but the one before that was pretty good. We went through this lizardfolk hideout and ended up killing a dragon ended it. Out of a party of magical people (cleric, monk and warlock), my kind of wimpy rogue managed to get the final shot, so that was great. Rolled like absolute arse at the start though, and my GM goes for the 1s are fumbles always, even on skillchecks thing which kind of annoys me, my rogue with a +10 to stealth still has always at least a 5% chance of not only failing but failing spectacularly.
DnD 5e, btw.

Last session was pretty good. Our party was on a ship going through some marshlands. At one dock he had to stop at there were these two dire wolves eating on some dead horses.

Me playing a neautral chaotic druid decided to use dominate animal on wolf #1 making it attack wolf #2. I had quicked spell so I also set wolf #2 on fire with produce flame as he's already being attacked by his friend.
As our ranger on the ship was about to shoot wolf #2 our chaotic evil sorceror uses unseen servant to instead knock our ranger overboard.

wolf #2 is dead and I resume to use dominate animal to make wolf #1 drown itself in the river.
At this point our sorceror/necromancer manages to push my druid overboard and then presumes to jump overboard himself so he doesn't wake any suspicion.

After this we sneak up on a hut and hear some orcs arguing about something. Our sorceror use his unseen servant to punch one of the orcs and they start a fight. As they are fighting themselves our party bumrush them and save their captive.

Play with a better GM.

Nah, it's not a big enough issue to get pissy and/or leave over, I'm happy I have a group where this is my biggest issue, and everyone in the group is fun to play with.

Last session was pretty fun, albeit it fucked over my character and party (sorta). This is DnD 5e for the record.

We're all a party of Evil aligned people (CE myself) who started living inside my fiendish patron, a literal gate to hell. Got assigned to head off to the celestial realm and murder celestials to help interrupt a high ranking guy's ritual. Once we killed them all we realized that there wasn't enough blood in the high ranking dude to spread around 4 people to help empower us and complete a ritual.

Two of our party members were Dragons and had a conversation in Draconic (which neither me or our wizard understood) at the same time I was debating breaking it off with them in Abyssal with our party Wizard since they were caustic and mocking towards us both.

Unfortunately they got the drop on us due to their hesitation. Due to having no short rest and the like between the last battle and now (+bad initiative luck) I had no spells left to really help being a warlock. Them having a Sorc with 1 Spell + breath left, and a martial we were sorta disadvantaged anyway outside the Nercro corpses and recently dead angel the Wizard friend had.

I just turned invisible, waited for them to leave and helped revive the Wizard afterwards to go ask my patron what the fuck to do since they ran off. He's sufficiently pissed and is refusing to help.Still honors his pact but we're on a wild goose chase now after them.

TLDR: Don't make a league of Evil with people with like minds. Especially if they can speak a language you can't comprehend.

You're a submissive cuck aren't you?

>willing to ignore one annoyance to have fun with group
>must be a cuck
Christ you sound like a baby, do you kick up a fuss about every little thing people do?

My disfigured soldier-wizard managed to seduce the future version of the magical shopkeeper (WHO HAS P-CUPS THANKS TO A LUCKY BODY ROLL) he met, while in the future (obviously). They both agreed that it would be best for him to just initiate relations in the past when he goes back (it's been 350 years), instead of trying to painstakingly keep in contact through separate eras.

So basically, he's going to retroactively start dating her when he hops back to his own era.

>Make party a group of Revenants with the goal of 'Lift the wretched curse from the lands' or some similar shit
>Have them not give a single shit about dying because they'll come back in a day anyways
>Go through the adventure constantly wrecking shit
That's how you make it fun, boss

>Party fighter pissed on a chest to check if it was a mimic
>it was
>he is not as much of a man as he usted to be
Mimics with wizard class levels are fun.

It went pretty well all things considered, a major plot point that had been mounting for awhile finally boiled over.

I liked how the DM juggled scenes between all of us, and played out the actual development. Also the big reveal was really cool and handled well by the player responsible for it, everyone was a little surprised.

I didn't like that because of the nature of the development, the group chose to act without my character. However it was more than made up for by my character becoming the focus of attention after the development occurred, *because* he wasn't involved. I'm expecting some weird roleplay in the coming sessions but am looking forward to it now that the game has taken an interesting turn.

meh, Our gunslinger is going to die sometime in the future. He pissed off what is basically the pope of the world religion.

I discovered that my two friends are fucking backward savages. I knew one of them would act like that but I kinda expected the other to keep him in line. Within twenty minutes they made a pact to deface a statue of a God, and within fourty minutes they were planning out how to murder an NPC and assault his wife.

4 hours of useless in-game chitchat, most of it about the chicken with mashed potatoes.

Been DM-ing LMoP. They fought basically all the undead in the mines at once, and won.

And the wizard had the nerve to bitch about being squishy.

Looking like one of my 3 players might just quit the game in the next couple meets due to characters actions finally biting him in the ass something fierce. The character prior to this point was really going against how the world naturally works and took a lot of allies for granted since he saved their skin that one time. Now the NPCs are ousting him for his bullshit and it's pretty clear his image of how his ties with these people wasn't what he thought it to be.

Sucks because we haven't had a game go on this long in quite sometime, and 2 players + GM seems to small to justify continuing the story since it would be difficult for another character to jump in at this point...