Ethereum

Should you/we invest in Ehtereum?
What are your opinions about its future?
Is now a good time to invest?
What is your experience in investing in cryptos other than bitcoin?

Guys what projects are competing with ETH right now?
NEO? what else?

ETH is the best alt-coin also BitCash is up there too but ETH markets for future are a lot higher

Yes.
It will revolutionize internet commerce and IoT with ability to support cheap, instantaneous microtransactions based on trustless smart contracts.
Yes.
I invested in ETH in 2016 and again in 2017, up about 1800% so far.

EOS and Cardano are competing as Gen 3 cryptos. I think EOS is a bigger threat than everyone realizes

>I think EOS is a bigger threat than everyone realizes
How so, being a just another ERC-20 token?

EOS is a disgusting dan larimer scam, gtfo out of here with that bs

It's a placeholder token until it officially releases in the Summer. Do you know what EOS currently does and is planning to do? If not, go do a little research when you can

>Do you know what EOS currently does and is planning to do?
not really. there are just way too many shitcoins to keep track of, and do anything you could call "research"...

Thats actually one of the worst arguments I've read. You are the kind of people I've been making my money off of in crypto so thanks for existing

no, I think you got me wrong. What I'm saying is that I can't research all the coins out there. I do for the ones that catched my attention, and then I might go all in.
EOS hasn't catched my attention yet. Simple as that.

Let this be the moment then. I think smart money has been picking up a few over the past month under the radar. Dan Larimer gets shit, but he successfully created Steemit, a killer dApp. Now he's super confident on this. I'm not sure if it's going to have an Ethereum-like effect, but there's a chance so I got some now and will get more later

>Should you/we invest in Ethereum?

Yes, if you haven't already you are dumb, but it's not too late if you haven't.

This shit is going to be revolutionary. Bitcoin will go down in history as the first successful crypto currency, Ethereum will revolutionize the internet, banking and finance. The only reason this shit hasn't outperformed BTC is name recognition among normies. Normies have no fucking idea what Ethereum is or does. If they did, they'd be scrambling to buy it and they'd be dumping all of their BTC to do it.

yeah, I might have a look at it. Got plenty of things to read/work through in my inbox already...
>he hasn't realized that ETH isn't revolutionary *enough*

It's going to be revolutionary first in the corporate and banking world, and then it will trickle down and start affecting normies.

This shit is a long term hold, it's not going to be an overnight success and anyone who says otherwise is a retard. It's the safest best in the crypto world though.

What I'm saying is that with respect to Bitcoin, Ethereum is not revolutionary enough. It's better than Bitcoin, sure. But I doubt it will make it in the long run.

Do you remember Sega and what they tried to do in the 1990s before people were ready to adopt the new technology?

What did they do user?

I wanted to believe in EOS, but it's obvious they've been recycling ETH in the crowdsale, and there's some seriously shady people involved in block.one.

Besides that, while Larimer delivered on BTS and Steem, his tendency to leave projects doesn't give high confidence down the line. DPOS is also controversial... You either love it or hate it.

It's interesting for sure, but investing a significant amount of your portfolio right now is more of a gamble than a strategic choice. Give it a few months post launch, we'll see how the chain performs and what's the adoption.

> >he hasn't realized that ETH isn't revolutionary *enough*

fucking hell you are delusional, but go ahead and lose your money

safest bet?
it got hacked and forked
proven multiple times it is not secure by design

>PoS
>Sharding
>ZK-snarks (= privacy & fungibility)
>Programmable

Name one other coin with the same ambitions and a team half as capable

why is it slowly bleeding down over the last couple months?

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that pre-moon behavior?

It isn't if you compare it against USD instead of BTC.

Bitcoin did have an emergency hardfork because a bug allowed some guy to create billions of bitcoins on the 8th August 2010.

It's just that Maxwell in his usual way defined that hard fork as a soft fork because reasons.

The second point is that neither the (direct) witness nor the computation approach is the best, they are complementary. Some things are more efficient in the witness form, but most aren't. I/O bandwidth and storage is a much, much bigger problem than calculation speed on a cpu.

Witness-only style requires storing on the blockchain a log of *all* intermediate calculation states. Gas-style allows use of the witness in the rare cases where it's better and direct computation otherwise - it's the best of both worlds.

There are possible ways to shrink the witness to something with constant size, but so far, they are not practical (either require a trusted setup, extremely slow or big). That's going to change one day, and guess what - ethereum will just fork and add the capability.

>it got hacked

Ethereum itself wasn't hacked.