Pathfinder General - /pfg/

What terrifies you edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CuG4Mst-DS8
youtube.com/watch?v=1_z3yLcVfsU
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/adept-godling/archetypes/rogue-genius-games---adept-godling-archetypes/harrier#TOC-Bard
youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How would you simulate the lethality of combat as seen in Call of Cthulthu?

>What terrifies you edition
Stress damage

I know this guy is a bard/rogue with some bleeding attack stuff, but how do we make him proppahlike

How would your party fare against the necromorphs?

By playing another system.

Toss them over 1000ft up in the air and look at them fall.

Maybe with the massive hit point damage rule, slightly reworked so it is a serious possibility when you are fighting something Gojira-sized.

???

Summon monster.

Scare them away and give the Brother Moons nightmares.

Ludicrous fear abilities and the ability to punch through all immunities leads to odd possibilities.

Likr King Mogaru or Oliphant of Jandelay?

Are there any weapon enchants or Mythic powers that can reduce a weapon's handedness?

I'm going to be going into a WotR campaign (don't worry, GM will remove the retard bits), and I know that there's going to be a Holy Avenger at some point, and I want my Knight Disciple to be able to wield both it and his family's ancestral greataxe

And yes, he will be a Paladin of Damerrich.

Effortless lace can simulate this by letting you wield a weapon 1 size category bigger without penalties. I think this means you can wield a large dwarven waraxe as a medium one.

Anyone has a good music playlist for Pathfinder Session? Especially, Battle theme / Boss theme (since those are like 1/2 of the session anyway).

Effortless Lace remove penalty but doesn't do anything with the "handedness".

You still have to wield Large dwarven waraxe as two-handed weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=CuG4Mst-DS8
youtube.com/watch?v=1_z3yLcVfsU

Thanks. Now I need a few more.

Good luck hitting anything with -4/-4

...A Bard/Rogue with Bleeding Attack and/or the Rogue Trick that adds bleed to Sneak Attack damage.

Gonna have to drop a feat on it. At least I think Stupendous Strength reduces handedness.

Does anyone have any feat suggestions for a primarily ranged Living Legend Soulknife? I've got the big 4 already (2, thanks to feat tax rules), as well as the psicrystal feats, but I can't figure out what else to take.

Duelist's Vambraces can give you -4/-2, but that's about as far as it goes. Proper "treat as a light weapon" reduction is locked away in a fighter archetype at 11th level, never to see the light of play.

Take Mythic Two-Weapon Fighting if you absolutely must.

Right so Tieflings and Aasimar are the result of low-level beings and mortals intermingling.
And that there are tieflings and aasimar for just about every single Good-Evil plane.

How come the neutral races don't get their own little half-kids?

stop whining and blade tutor.

Because the neutrals don't care enough to breed.

So you need a shitty buff that last for one battle to make a build work?

Throw away the axe and just fucking two-hand the holy avenger.

This guy just doesn't look all that angelic or holy to me. He looks like he should be evil.

>When you voluntarily use one or more actions or feats that apply penalties to attack rolls with your melee weapons (such as a charge, fighting defensively, or using the Power Attack feat), the spirit reduces the total penalty on affected attacks by 1 (to a minimum penalty of 0). The penalty is reduced by an additional 1 for every 5 caster levels you possess (to a minimum penalty of 0). Only penalties incurred by voluntary use of feats or maneuvers are reduced by this spell.

So you can only remove the penalty with a CL 20 Blade Tutor. SO VIABLE.

By playing Call of Cthulthu

It might also be that they're simply too inhuman.
Right like from what I can recall the neutral guys are represented by sentient math in the shape of people, lawful-jerk robots and chaotic murder snakes.

"Genie-kin" are the result of elemental races (or those weird Janni) intermingling with mortals. They're called Genie-kin because the Outsider ancestor is typically a genie, though they add other examples like Tritons, Invisible Stalkers, Azer, and, oddly enough, Xorns. Also there's like some single mention of Undines descended from Nereids. Also there's those Chaotic-related whatsits from Distant Shores but I can't remember how they are spawned.

The book wasn't written by JJ.

Did you not read any of the stuff for him? He's the God of Responsibility, Judgement, and making herd choices while ensuring justice. Of course he's going to look dark an sullen, because he's essentially the God of "You're gonna carry that weight"

Besides, at least he ten times better and more interesting than the homicidal edgelord Ragathiel.

PF butchers the titanomachy from Greek myth. Anyone else think it should be changed so that the titans created the gods and were usurped?

Someone sticks their dick in a Protean.

I was looking at some this: d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/adept-godling/archetypes/rogue-genius-games---adept-godling-archetypes/harrier#TOC-Bard

Specifically the sidebar. about 'archetype packages'

Would it be reasonable to say that the jester has dropped the spellcasting from the bard in order to gain the 'sneak' archetype from rogue (sneak attack at 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th and 17th and trap sense). and somewhere along the line has grabbed bleeding attacks?

Or the reverse could be true, he dropped the sneak feature which still leaves him with half sneak attack progression (3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, 19th) and grabbed the performance package (effectively losing bard spellcasting and bardic knowledge... and half the will saves) but keeping rogue talents, evasion and uncanny dodge.

I'm not sure why you can't just do one or the other.

The Bard could take that power attack feat for bleed, the Rogue could focus on UMD for the buff/stress removal.

Inevitables are basically robots and won't do anything except fulfill their Prime Directive. Axiomites are intelligent mathematics in the form of golden dust disguising itself as a perfected humanoid.

Proteans, well, nsfw pic related.

>PF butchers the titanomachy from Greek myth. Anyone else think it should be changed so that the titans created the gods and were usurped?

Paizo's fucked up a lot of things, user.

Making their pantheon a boring collection of deities who never really do anything outside of like, one ancient battle is really a sign of just how little they give a shit about cosmology, or indeed the state of their world in general.

The setting exists for APs and Pathfinder Society, without those two I can guarantee Paizo would be well into their next setting.

They're not interested in anything besides dumping 'options' onto the player, and an indulgence of options means you can't have anything conflict, and if anything DOES conflict anyway for any reason whatsoever, you need to do something that allows things to co-exist and basically smooth everything over.

It's not 'butchering the titanomachy' to use the name titan in a different context, you fucking autist.

You may wish to note that Zeus and the Olympians don't fucking exist in Golarion as of yet, and may very well just be gigas and giants with casting abilities if they did. It's not like the Greek gods were ever particularly powerful, with the exception of the primordial entities that spawned the titans in the first place.

>sentient math in the shape of people
>Axiomites are intelligent mathematics in the form of golden dust disguising itself as a perfected humanoid.

I still think you could fuck it.

That my magical realm is too strong to escape playing, and people notice

Is it a bad one?

Of course you can fuck it, the thing you need to realize is the fucking was statistically likely to occur, and they knew that.

Which is a real shame considering conflict is a great way to create character backstories that mesh well with characters from other nationalities.

Consider, for example, the interactions between a Paladin of the Silver Flame and a Shifter, or perhaps a Cyran exile and a Brelish man-at-arms.

>It's not like the Greek gods were ever particularly powerful

Well, they were powerful in the way that a high-level full-caster is powerful, and had comparable morals (or lack there-of). Most every display of their fantastical powers other than the above mentioned titanomachy involved something like transmutation, turning women into snakes, statues, spiders, etc., reviving a cooked human with necromancy and then using more transmutation to give him an ivory shoulder to replace one they ate, turning themselves into all kinds of things (including a golden shower). They're all just dick wizards, basically.

Not particularly. Fairly low-key.

Still terrifying though

user-kun, he was asking *what* your magical realm was.

Nah, just asked if it was a bad one.

Totally understand all the same.

>Their dick pops out as a new life form detaches itself and goes on to murder the countryside.
>You are now a proud parent.

If that user isnt asking then I want to know.
What is your Magical Realm?

Probably a lot more agreeable than the murder snakes.

Yes, but what would the children look like?

they'd probably go on to get jobs as lawyers or accountants

It's basically playing cute girls in fancy dresses. Not even sexual or anything, but not something I want people to call me out on all the same.

I would say that they look like normal people or whatever race their mortal parent was.
Just that whenever they start to think weird glowing math/language starts hovering around them, getting more detailed and intricate the more they think.

Gets even worse if they're a magic user.

Not him, but yeah, I kinda know how that feels. My options are tragically limited. It's either musclehead generic mcgees(my experience playing non-lewd), or the most bizarre depraved fetish garbage imaginable(my experience playing lewd).

>Just that whenever they start to think weird glowing math/language starts hovering around them, getting more detailed and intricate the more they think.

So basically they become the protagonist of every early 2000s "genius solves crime" series?

I literally cannot imagine a reason why that would be called out, especially if you're playing something like a sorceress or alchemist.

Pretty sure the user's just got an irrational fear.

Or got burned by people who freak out at guys playing girls.

What's your favorite lewd though?

My favorite?
It's gotta be the long burning relationship kind.
But only with the purest form of love between a PC and somebody else the player plays, like a cohort. I've had so many good ideas on that front. So many, and yet none managed to play out because of the aforementioned problems. Even the cute standard kind like playing a sorceress noble and her loyal butler she's tsundere for. Absolutely nothing.

I would hug your cute girl in frilly dresses and call you a potentially wonderful parent who deserves to run an orphanage full of cute girls with wardrobes full of dresses

Mostly I just always found myself wanting to play girls in irl games but played with the wrong kind of basement dwellers until I got to college

So now I'm apparently scarred or something

Pretty much this.

>got burned
>scarred

That sucks.

Here. Have a cute dress girl.

So why haven't any Metallic Dragons gone to kill a Linnorm and gain a whole Linnorm Kingdom to rule? Surely they can make their natural weapons count as Cold Iron via magic, and the resources of an entire kingdom would be immensely vital to furthering the cause of Good. I mean, I can at least see the crusader-minded Silvers or Bronzes trying it.

Plus, Linnorms are Always Chaotic Evil anyway, and a Dragon is much more likely to make the save against the Death Curse than a human. Beyond even that, Ragadahn, that Linnorm Eldest, claims himself to be the father of all Linnorms on the First World and Material Plane (including Fafnheir), and thereby claims himself the Father of all Dragons - which is absolutely heretical, because everyone knows Apsu is the Father of all Dragons.

Why is there no Draconic crusade against the heresy of Linnorms?

To be fair he is the only one of them that admits to bathing.

Hey! I don't do that. That's a little rude to the GM and kind of weird.

Maybe because it's really fucking cold in the Land of the Linnorm Kings, and no dragon wants to go there.

S I L V E R S

Whites and Silvers are immune to cold though, aren't they?

Because they are busy playing with eugenics programs.
Arnt silvers entirely cold based?

I want to protect that smile.

Because ruling over some frozen barbarians isn't fun and there are more important evils to face.

!

Yeah, but silvers are probably too busy pretending to be young squires or silver-haired ojou ladies.

You'd think Mengkare would be the one most likely to do that since he's all about dat eugenics and canoncially interbreeding with Ulfen invariably produces offspring with the best traits of both parents.

You'd think he'd want that shit on lockdown.

pls don't, paizo might read this and import their bullshit into the one good place in their fucking setting

Doubtful, JJ hates Mengkare but isn't allowed to say it so he's unlikely to stick big old gold in anything for fear of engendering interest.

so we are going to write this as an ap and send it to paizo to edit and release is what I am hearing?

Idk user, but it reminds me how badly I want to play a dragon. Why can't I play a dragon?

>:(

So in not!Asia there are a bunch of places taken over by evil. Right like there is an entire nation taken over by Oni, one by goblins and one even taken over by a kraken. Minkai is going to betaken over by an Oni as well. And that's just supernatural evil.

But isn't this also the place with the numerous nature spirits? Possibly even a celestial bureaucracy of sorts staffed by spirits, dragons and ran by gods.

So why isn't there some sort of crusade to retake these places back from the forces of evil?

Because Paizo doesn't care

>Celestial Bureaucracy
>Bureaucracy
>Doing things

There's your answer, I'd say.

>not Tian Xia
>Or Vudra
>Or Garund

So who wants to help me write up a "Mengkare takes over LotLK" AP?

Are you talking about the kami when you say 'spirits'? Because the kami are neutral, and thus don't have any ties to the celestial planes.

As for the rest, you may as well ask why there's no crusade against Cheliax or Nidal or Razmiran. You can't just pull a crusade out of your ass; you need a major power already in place to organize and fund it, and the most stable major powers ARE the evil ones.

There was a celestial intervention in Tianjing when the qlippoth invaded through a local Worldwound-equivalent, and Amanandar exists as the result of a Taldane 'crusade' that ran away from their moldering empire back home. But those nations are now occupied with holding their borders and maintaining the peace locally, not with trying to start shit with Kaoling or Minkai or anyone else.

>You can't just pull a crusade out of your ass
Venice would like to have a talk with you.

Anything good come out of Arcforge? The mech rules seem interesting, and I'd love an excuse to get something similar to aegis without just playing an aegis again.

Any 3pp settings that are better than Golarion?

A Hermea centric AP could be great. Especially if you get into how it's less "LG dragon dictates peoples lives" and more "LG dragon pays people in his study/drug trial with living in paradise and plays matchmaker for them". Have a wide range of waifus/husbandos to recommend to each PC based on their tastes. Stock of genderchange belts for trans vounteers to be their sex of choice when they make babies. No gays though, but bi/pan/etc is acceptable. Mengakare isn't evil, just has an idea and learned a lot of humans are into breeder fantasies.

Bad guys can be trying to ruin the project with fey/outsider nloodlines or something.

Nope.

Eberron.

>no gays
Correction, they just go with artificial insemination

So /pfg/, why are you not actually even planning on playing PF these days?
I'm holding out for a GM willing to run a Psionics/PoW gestalt game.
youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

I've been eyeballing the Armor Piercing rules, because I hope that would make people less leery of guns (muh Touch AC).

If Paizo did write it, it'd probably be about a bunch of people who got butthurt over being passed over/kicked out/whatever for Hermea and decide to go in and "free" everyone who lives there from Mengkare's "oppression" by being spunky 7 WIS CG rebels.

And the AP would conclude with some hamfisted space flea from nowhere boss fight that somehow "justifies" the actions of the rebels as being good all along.