Heraldic Coats of Arms - Taking Requests

Hey! :)
I did a thread like this last night and got half a dozen requests - which was sadly the full extent of it - done! :)

I am Taking Requests today as well:

In Exchange for:
> Name of your Noblehouse, Adventuring or Heroes Group
> a short story of the Group / Family
> a short list of members of that group
> a Description of their Coat of Arms,
... you can be as detailled and or fancy with the description as you lik
... text scrolls with the Words or Motto of the Group are of course possible
... be creative

I offer:
> Designing you that Coat of Arms :)
> Posting it here for you

Depending on how much original work I have to put into the request, it will take from
... 10 Minutes ( when I only need to arrange all the composite parts of the Coat of Arms and have all of them prepared )
to
... 40 Minutes ( when I draw custom decoration, custom Helmet Styles etc )

cheers! :)

as a bit of trivia:
The Image I use there is the Banner of "Galottas Arseholes" - the Letters to the left of the irregular Seven-Star signify their former allegiance.

After the dissolution of their homecountry and the death of emperor Galotta, the Mercenaries reformed and are now called "Galottas Arseholes", so they stitched buttcheeks, an asshole, cock and balls ontop of the banner, then ran a yellow sewing line down the middle.

Usually before battle, they smear some mud on there as well - taking a piss and a shit on the false and traitor emperor that had them stranded in a faraway foreign country! :) :D

How technical are you expecting people to get with heraldic terminology? Are you looking for "Chequy gules and argent, a griffon rampant azure", or do you want something more like "Red and white checkers with a gold griffin"? (Not asking you to make that, just using it as an example)

not technical at all.
Since english is NOT my first languages,
and i do NOT speak french,
but rather only German, English and Spanish

it is easier if you give simple words descriptions :) The simpler the better, so that I understand properly what you want! :)

That's cool. I just thought I'd ask in the hope I'd get to actually utilize my ranks in Knowledge (Heraldry) which (it turns out) is mostly a pretty useless skill.

I'd like you to do a shield that's half dark blue, half gold. On the blue side is a gold lion rampant (looks like pic related) and on the blue side is a gold sword.

By the way, I like your ass banner.

^^ Thanks for liking the ass banner! :)
I'm having a late lunch right now, and after that I'll do your coat of arms :)

I have the same ranks in Knowledge (Heraldry), but only for the german language, I'm afraid. Also, you described two blue sides, and both items in gold. I'll do two versions with those interchanged.

In German it could be:

"Auf und in Blau und Gold vertauscht geteilt, steigender Löwe mit Schwert."
which the literal translation would be
"On and off blue and gold interchanged halved, climbing Lion and Sword"

Argent, a tower Sable, on a chief sable embattled, a Raven argent (possibly in splendour)

OR

Argent, a tower sable, one a chief embattled sable, a raven argent betwixt two comets orange bearded gules

Both have served as arms for a noble family in a HRE themed game I'm running. The first is the familial arms proper, and the second is the arms of a religiously fervorous cadet branch.

I'm not entirely sure if the cadet arms count as having broke the rule of tinctures, since I consider my description of comets to be comets proper, and therefore not breaking the rule. Anyone else have thoughts?

Read the thread, user. Stick to layman's terms unless you can blazon in German.

Oh shit, sorry, didn't read the thread.
Here they are again in simple description:

1. White field with a black tower, with a strip at the top which looks like the battlements of a castle wall. Above the battlements, the field is black. In the black part of the field is a white Raven, possibly wings outstetched and perched on the battlements. Not sure if that can be described properly in heraldic language so I jist left it.

2. The same, but instead of a raven in splendour, in the black part of the field, there is a white raven between two red and orange comets.

I think in order to avoid violating rule of tincture you would have to specify a "comet proper" rather than "gules bearded orange". Although I think it's more usual to see comets or, so that may be considered proper.

>unless you can blazon in German.

Something tells me OP can't blazon in German either.

That should work then. Golden/yellow comets would suffice.

Dyou know any other times the rule of tincture is disregarded? Is it just a general disregard if you want thing?

I think in general if it's a "natural" color rule of tincture can be ignored (i.e. proper charges, furs). Also IIRC some non-standard colors have been considered metals in order to bypass the rule. Really, though, very few people are going to notice or care if you violate rule of tincture for a cool fantasy coat of arms. As long as you're not playing with an actual herald you'll probably be fine.

Black shield with white castle, two squares and the sides of the castle with a red fleur de lis on the right square and gold crowns on the left square, on the castle their are two towers on each side and a gate in the middle, each tower has ivory and gold checkered lions. The motto above the castle is on a beige parchment "Et gae'her, Net oil" at the bottom is a similar banner says: "glory be"

House Prendan
Originally the land of minor knight who became a vassal through exceptional valour in the battle of Nen Mavri in 1322 FG, the family knight expanded exponentially by draining and reclaiming the bogs and mires surrounding Nen Mavri (the site of the battle was their fiefdom), they traded and eventually prospered and became extraordinarily wealthy. Their castle, Knight's Manor is more of a self styled mansion rather than a solid defense. Their current leader is Ferdan Nastigor, a widower with 2 sons: Vel and Moran. The land's trades are agriculture, wood and world renowned tulips and flowers along with weapons and finished goods

Poster here made this up btw not real. For a campaign I'm running

soooo lunch took forever,
and the kids wouldnt lay down to sleep
sorry for the wait, mate, here's your coa, hope you like it :)

I'm going to do this oned now! :)
Shouldn't take too long :)

I can't offer the background details you've requested but if you would entertain me I would like to describe the coat of arms for my family name and see how close to the original your depiction is.

A red shield that displays 3 crowns. One on the top left, one on top right, and one in the center bottom. A closed full face helmet on top of the shield, with bright red and yellow plumage surrounding the top of the helmet and shield. A golden ribbon underneath the shield with the family name.

:) Aaaaand Done:
first, with the comets

second, without the comets:

give me a family name to write on the scroll, and I will do it after doing...

this one, which I am doing now :)

Family name is Grant

>spanish
Spanish from spain?
Either way that makes things easier, need to find a reference image first, hope the op is still around

aaaand done, i think :)

yes, I am still around :)
but I am not spanish by birth, no

allright, I'll be taking a little break, bring the kids to bed and read a story for fifteen minutes,
after that I'll do your coat :)

Ya thanks op

aaaand done :)

This will be it for tonight for now,
I'm having a gamenight, tomorrow is a holiday here in germany, and we're gonna be gaming all night! :)

I will most likely be back tomorrow, and can take more requests at that time :)

until then: cheers

Alright, OP you still around?
In Exchange for:
> Name of your Noblehouse
Reissman Family
> a short story of the Family
A family primarily of magic practitioners, they have influence on the city/province's politics, and have a big share of the magical goods market.
Oswin: Grandfather, former magician, currently retired, likes to take it easy and is very jolly, often joking or playing pranks with his grandson.
Franciska: Mother, very charismatic merchant, not as good at magic, cares a lot for his son
Eckhard: father, Powerful wizard and politic figure, not in good terms with his son.
Zeslaus: Only son of Eckhard and Franciscka, troublemaker who's always causing headaches to his father, great magical potential but little practice, decided to go on a journey to improve his a fighting style which mixes magic and martial arts.
> a Description of their Coat of Arms
A fox similar to pic related, a feather and a book/scroll should be present in the shield (best thing that came to mind that represents magic really, and I don't think a wand would look good)
Colors should be orange and yellow
As for a phrase or motto: "Power in knowledge"

hey man! :)
I'm saving what you wrote in a .txt and doing it after I'm done GMing tonight,
I'll be posting it tomorrow when I do a new thread :)

Thanks OP, have fun.
I ended up taking a while to post this since I had to do dig or remember some small details.
BTW what software do you use to draw them?

Photoshop Creative Suite :)

I'm guessing you're don't take requests that happen after you sleep?

You're amazing

bump

thanks for the bump :D

I had not realized, people posted something after I had gone to sleep!
Apologies!

So I did the two coats requested last night after I had gone to bed,
#1: "Katsvallen": Three Daggers over a Cat killing a Snake in Full Moon.

thank you very much! :)
You are amazing as well

I am now gonna do this one.
Sadly, I'm not quite sure wether you want the fox to be on the coat itself, or a standing figurine on the side supporting the shield :-S
Maybe I'll do two versions then! :D
The Motto I'll do latin,
Scientia Potentia Est!

If there's people still having request, I'm still taking them, the night is young yet! :) :D

thank ye kindly, this is awesome.

Now I just need to cook up a house motto.

The Sanguine Legion

Born from the ashes of a great Empire (Not!Macedon) this clan of rabid warriors has embarked upon an eternal crusade to reforge their broken empire. After the passing of a great cataclysm in which the veil that separated the realm of demons from that of the material realm fell and foul creatures of the Abyss broke the world, an enigmatic noble, clad in gold and brass, pushed back the darkness with the help of only twenty good men and the final sacrifice of the greatest of their number. This mighty warrior, both brilliant tactician and shrewd politician, (Not!Alexander the Great) rounded up the fractured Clans and factions and from the ashes of the Apocalypse forged savages into a Legion of disciplined warriors, ready to martyr themselves for the greater good. Now their Hegemon marches upon the rest of the world, and those that will not bow down will face the true might of his legion.

>The Hegemon
Their general and Emperor, this masked titan of a man is seemingly the best of men. Able to lay low ten men in a single stroke of his huge blade, negotiate entire Kingdoms under his banner, and possessing some of the greatest tactical acumen the world has yet seem, the mysterious Hegemon would be seemingly divine if not for his ruthlessness and complete lack of mercy. Those that follow him must be prepared to give everything and more for his cause of global unity, and he will demand yet even more. Those that do not disappoint are rewarded with the safety and splendor that his burgeoning utopia offers, but such a goal will be hard won in blood and flame.

Those close to the Armoured giant will confide that there seems to be a hidden darkness within the warrior king, a hidden evil and shame that stems not from his necessary brutality but from some dark secret of his past, perhaps even from before the Apocalypse...

>CONT

>The Argean Senate
A collection of the the greatest minds, generals, warriors, and artisans that the Hegemon can find, these individuals are expected to lead when the Hegemon is participating on a crusade or otherwise indisposed. While they still ply their crafts and lead others below them, the Senate often convenes to advice the Hegemon in matters of great import.

> a Description of their Coat of Arms
Embossed upon a round shield is a brilliant silver sun, in the center of which lay a bleeding heart. Crossed behind the sun are two Hop lite spears.

Generally greek/Macedonian in appearance

Basically the theme is grimdark post apocalyptic sword and sandals

bump, I'll probably request another one later.

hey
kinda fell asleep, lol sorry
ima be going to bed now :)
More Coats of Arms: Tomorrow!

Sleep tight fa/tg/uys

bump

> Name of your Noblehouse, Adventuring or Heroes Group
House Blaze
> a short story of the Group / Family
House Blaze is the founding family of the elven Kingdom of Danktopia. This family brought the religion of OG Kush the Great. The house has ruled danktopia for generations and maintained the land in a state of peaceful isolationism. Though their current heir currently travels the land to spread the teachings of their god and his heavenly plant.
Snoop Dogg Blaze(Founder)
Ganja Blaze(current ruler)
Marijuano Blaze(heir)
> a Description of their Coat of Arms,
Their coat of arms has an emerald green shield depicting their alien like god,OG Kush the Great,taking a hit of a marijuana. Their house motto is "Just blaze."

House Iroq

In charge of protecting supply lines in war and policing trade routes in peace, House Iroq does not strictly own very much lands. Their servants, however, hail from all over the region, often protecting the routes near their hometowns. Although not legally allowed to have stakes in the economy, their unique position has resulted in many connections with merchants and has a hand in nearly every type of trade and craft. The King has sometimes had to crack down on them when too much focus on economic ploys lead to lax guards and bandit attacks.

>Coat of Arms
On the shield, a caravan without a horse. The road is made of golden coins(make it as vague as you want). Sitting on top of the caravan is a pie, steam wafting over it.

Horses flank the shield on the outside.

Order of the Aetherforged
Though technically an order focused on self-improvement and aiding others, in practice they're pretty laid back and do everything all in good fun. Friendly competitions are fueled by coin while bonds are forged by beer.

>Coat of Arms
A very tiny human sitting in meditation atop an anvil. A hammer is striking the aura around the human.

On top of the shield and to the left is a turret, and within it is an arcane eye blasting a target on the right with magical energy.

scroll caption is "warriors of a more civilised age"

And another picture with a different scroll caption: " Steel Will, Tempered Spirit "

The order is a motley collection of knights, artisans, and scholars, united in purpose but divided in assigned tasks.

Gardham Casters

This company is responsible for maintaining and expanding the high pressure waterworks that keeps the city running. Valves are turned, joints are sealed, and water is kept (relatively) clean and flowing, free of insects.

Their banners are made from an unusually absorptive cloth, and placed in strategic zones near pipes but away from the rain. If a Gardham Banner is dripping, you call them immediately, because it means a pipe is leaking.

>Banner
A gear with water flowing down its sides.

bump

Requester here, the fox like that is what I wanted, and the cloak was a nice touch.
Only complain is the cloak color: blue clashes a bit with the other colors, I believe an orange or yellow cloak would look better

May be off topic but when I read the title I immediately thought of a coat MADE of arms with, "Fuck Da Emperor" carved into it.

wow, this thread is still alive?
OP here, I got some (You)s :D
I'll be doing the requests that came in over night! :)

ya, I agree. I was just really tired and fell asleep. I'll be getting you the yellow cloak in a minute! :)

Here's the Reissman Cloak, but in yellow :)

O-OP...m-maybe you can hook a brother up?

love it! Legiona Sanguina,
Hope you like it! :)

yeah man - I was already working on it, LOL :D
Loved your description :)
I put the spears BEHIND the Shield,
b/c otherwise the shield woulda been crazy crowded and the spears hard to grasp and flimsy :-S :)

I am going to disregard this one, sorry! :(

gonna do this one instead next! :)

Thanks OP

The Knights of the Bear. Symbol is a Black Bear Rampant over an amber background. Creed is "Strong Arms, Strong Mind, Strong Heart"

Hired by the local Southern Lord, this Clan of hardy Northern warriors won well over a thousand engagements in total., leading the Lord to become the First Emperor, uniting all of the Human, Elven and Dwarven Kingdoms under their rule.

Each surviving clansmen was given a parcel of land and a Knighthood, with their warrior lodge being birthed into a fully fledged Knightly Order. Popular figures in the public eye for their down to earth and "Common"disposition, the newly acquired wealth and armoury has allowed the Knights of the Bear to flourish, with a flood of new recruits traveling to the banners and to their mighty northern stronghold, "The Den"

aaand House Iroq for you

House DragonThorne

Family that gained wealth from gold mines, but they soon ran dry so the invaded several neighbors, uniting the area around their Ancestral Mountain> Worships the 3 Gods, of War, Secrets, and Fertility

Lord of the house is currently debating invading a weaker eastern kingdom, weakened by plague. However the fact that the 1st born sons are twins, means the kingdom expects some sort of duel or civil war as soon as the lord dies.

Requesting a Red Dragon (Wyvern style), flying over a gold mountain, on a checkered field of White and Black.

it's awesome!

and now I feel guilty because this is the third request you've done for me and you're probably doing a fourth.

That's actually pretty cool that you are doing this. I'm actually starting a game soon and could use one for my character.
1. Cadella Family
2. Noble family that's been around since the start of the country. They were once well known for their military contributions and dueling abilities. Now there is almost nothing left of their power, money, and authority.
3.The list is short.
Ardin Cadelle: Father who works hard to hide the fact that he caused the last bit of ruin to the family name
Victoria Cadelle: Mother. Trying so hard to hold on to the last of their lands and nobility, but it isn't going well,
Grans and Barthol Cadelle: Older brothers of the family. They fall behind expectations of the parents who try to push them towards more military careers.
Edana Cadelle: Only daughter who was brought up as a traditional noble woman to be married off into richer families. That all stopped when she started rebelling and started beating her brothers in combat prowess.
4. I haven't actually thought much of how the coat of arms would look.
The country's main colours are purple, black, and red. Maybe having either rapiers crossed on it or a duelist facing down a monstrous looking humanoid would work.

If that isn't too much trouble. Feel free to be creative if there isn't much to work with.

Do you do science fiction stuff too?

Ensird Shapers

The oldest craftsman clan, they practice the First Craft, Shaping. Dissolving raw materials into elemental components, they contract the aid of a spirit to mold their weapon of choice.

Though significantly smaller due to their inability to match other clans in sheer production volume, their adaptability and refined techniques keep them major players in the Crafting world. Many nobles and generals still commission custom pieces to serve them in war, and they do not disappoint.

>Founder
Although any trace of the bloodline within the clan has long since vanished, the Shapers proudly maintain that their founder was King Arditio, ancient ancestor of the royal family.

>Banner
These nine elements, arranged as a diamond. Instead of metal, a sword mold pointed downwards.

bump

The SCO
The quickest and swiftest fools to pick up weapons and march to war, who are in some aspects some of the best and worse soldiers you could get your hands on.

>Members, CM, Zhu, Lemsip, Chappy

The coat of arms is two crossed swords over a black shield with flames on the swords, with Foxes head on the shield :3 And above it if you could put like a black star, thanks :3

the motto of our group is Sit Nomine Digna

Bump

Southridge Slayers

Only recently recognized as a craftsman clan, they practice the Third Craft, as yet unnamed. It is the art of modifying the body parts of monsters as little as possible into usable arms, relying on the unique properties that they are famous for to hunt still more monsters.

While the art has long since been used, it has always been treated as improvised or haphazard, never respected enough to warrant formalization or title as a Craft.

It is only with the recent surge of mutant species, and the general effectiveness of the Southridge militia in exploiting them, that Southridge is treated as a clan alongside a district of the City.

>Head
Often voted into office, the most striking privilege of the Head is access to a full suit of Dragon Carapace armor. Although, due to fitting and size issues, a head will usually never wear the full suit.

>Banner
A carving knife, a loop of rope, and a cup of glue.

bump

The Unbroken

Caption: " Unbroken to the Last "

An organization devoted to peace, particularly bridging the gap between the haves and havenots.

>Coat of Arms
Chain links. Although broken, the cracks glow as they are repair themselves to reform the chain.

bumpity bump