Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reliving-happily-ever-after-standard-reanimator/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gb-token-sacrificio/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-05-16-iIF-ur-prowess/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Goggles gurns
>tfw had been playing goggles before it was cool

Pointers for drafting:

For the first four packs, pick the strongest card in the booster regardless of the color. Priorities are strong removal and bombs (cards an opponent HAS to deal with or they lose the game after you cast it).

After that, start picking cards in colors you got the most stuff in and picks that synergise well

Pay attention to the cards left in the booster after a few picks. If there are no good cards of a certain color, it means that people are picking cards of that color - you should stay away from that color because you're hurting your own chances of getting something good in it

You're aiming for a two color deck, maybe splashing a third color. Splashing is easier to do if you have some cards that can fix your mana - most of these are in green

Don't be scared of changing your color a few picks into the second booster, after the direction of drafting changes. If you've been picking white/red in the first pack, but are being passed great green cards in the second pack, wheel into green. You'll still be able to snag some good green cards in the third pack. Don't change your color in the third pack, though.

Removal and efficient, low-cost creatures are the most important thing in limited. Likewise, auras aren't as valuable UNLESS they can be flashed in (such as the flash aura that gives a creature +3/+0 and first strike). Generally an aura is just painting a big target on a creature so your opponent can 2for1 it.

Play 17 lands and 23 spells. 15 creatures and 8 noncreature spells. Unless you're really familiar with a draft environment, don't force yourself into archetypes or try to build insane combos. Most of the time, building a solid, on-curve deck is the key.

2-drops and 3-drops should be your most numerous creatures. You should have an expensive fatty or two for lategame somewhere in the deck as well.

Evasion (flying, skulk, unblockable) is very strong because it forces your opponent to have an answer or die

CoCo is just annoying as fuck at this point.

Aggro Deck
Add Green
Win

It would make my brew really good.

But I'm not spending 100 to put a playset in my deck. If it was SOI, I'd consider it. But its rotating out soon.

Bant Coco was annoying as fuck on Game Day. This specific brew was designed specifically to shit on White Weenies and Werewolves. Bounding Krasis, Reflector Mages, Jace, Vryn's Prodigies. It was bullshit.

awesome, thanks
i'm listening to a podcast rn about soi drafting to get a little more info together about it.

>Brewing
Mono-black control. Use Nantuko Husk to sac an accursed witch, then make use of the discount to tear apart their hand with transgress, mind rot and their board with grip of desolation and to the slaughter
>Netdeckin
Upgrading the memedeck with mirrorpool and sideboard titis
>Monowhite weenies

>Literally every deck capable of running white is running Avacyn
>Jumps up to being a $40 staple of Standard
>Format is drowning under the weight of CoCo, Avacyn, Reflector Mage and white deck wins.
>Not a single efficient burn spell to be seen
>Turn Sideways: The Gathering

Remember when the format wasn't all about who spent the most money on their deck?

>Remember when the format wasn't all about who spent the most money on their deck?
No?

>Whatchu brewin
BW Madness or RW Madness
>Whatchu netdeckin
Bant CoCo
>Whatchu losing to anyway
Brought the Bant CoCo to GP Toronto last weekend and had mixed results, losing to BW, white weenies, and Bant CoCo mirror

>Midrange: the Gathering
literally the only deck people play in standard or jund

> no efficient burn spell
> fiery impulse lighting axe AND fiery temper
??
Red is basically the best control color right now just based on their cheap interaction, cheap sweepers and Chandra, as well as card advantage from goggles and tormenting voice

After reading these generals for a few months I've come to realize waiting for coco to rotate out before actually getting into this format is probably a good idea.

I'm just building a deck that's almost exclusively SOI cards. Rotation will be a fun time for me.

yes. do that.

There will always be a "public enemy number one" to wait for rotation on. Next it'll be reflector mage or something.

Exactly what I'm doing. I've actually got a decent base already just off soi without single purchases and probably have enough extra good shit laying around I could just trade to finish any deck I want.

So, I was thinking of building that meme Blue Brain deck, but Part the Waterveil spiked in price because this fringe deck sees 0 play. What should I build now?

That's what I'm doing this weekend, trading for shit I need and searching my shop's common/uncommon box.

at least reflector mage is an uncommon that isn't 25ea

I mean it could be anything, gideon, Chandra, sylvan advocate, who knows what edm and the fall set bring

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reliving-happily-ever-after-standard-reanimator/

Basically building this shitbrew because my zombie deck got wrecked during gameday. I didnt even make top 8.

Seriously this. A black red deck has languish, flaying tendrils, kozileks return for boardwipe and grasp of darkness, grip of desolation, fiery temper, lightning axe, avacyns judgement, dual shot etc - there's an absurd amount of burn spells

You sure about the 4 Mindwreck Demons? Without delirium their downside is pretty big if you don't end the game quickly.

Every white deck will play Gideon and Avacyn
Every Black deck will play Kalitas
Every red deck will play Chandra and Dark Dwellers
Every green deck will play Collected Company and Nissa
Every Blue deck will play Flip Jace.

Those way too pushed cards, with way too much value for standard.

Standard was supposed to have a modern power level + 1 colorless and sorcery speed.
Still we keep getting those 3 for 1 mythics.
We need more value on uncommons and stop pasting evergreens on strong cards just because. Why should Kalitas have lifelink? Why Dwellers must have menace?

Collected Company is good except when you don't get creatures

>Brewin
EDH for Tasigur since I lost my delve deck with rotation
>netdeckin
I don't suck that much that I need to copy
>losing to
White humans only when I get a shit hand

>Brewing
Modern Emeria Control
Standard B/White human Ladies

>netdecking
Lel

>losing too anyway
Season's Past Control when I don't get rid of Kalitas fast.

>Not playing permission

Finally got time off from werk, time for 4chin.

>Whatchu brewin
BG tokens. I went 3-1 last Friday with this pile of SHIT. tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gb-token-sacrificio/
>Whatchu netdeckin
Nothin right now fampai. I might make that mono-u meme in a jar deck to let my poorfag friend borrow
>Whatchu losing to anyway
Big red. All the standard legal burn spells, even the overcosted ones, goggles, those discard & draw spells, with thought nazis, GDD, and fatty chandra as his win cons. It was surprisingly effective. Every cutthroat that came down got burned out immediately

As a side Story this dumb motherfucker playing Esperanto control languished me when I had 2 cutthroats and 6 other creatures on board and had the audacity to get salty when the judge confirmed "yes, you lost 16 life and killed yourself you stupid ass hole" (paraphrasing)

>boo hoo some cards are better than other cards

m8, are you serious?

Addendum to personal blog: going to try and trade up to some Nissa VOZ and improve the mana base and maybe the deck won't be a pile of shit anymore. The briarbridges and the incremental growth were really just thrown in at the last minute.

Incremental Growth and Soul of the Harvest are not Standard Legal.

Both were reprinted in the 2016 Welcome deck user.

Yup. Welcome Decks are not standard legal user.

>not standard legal

Welcome deck is standard legal

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-05-16-iIF-ur-prowess/

Need help with this shit deck please. I'm not exactly a poorfag but I don't want to pay 100 euros for 4 Jaces.

Have you considered lightning hatchet?

Yes they are. They're in the welcome 2016 thingy which makes them standard legal. You can get them from the SOI deck builder toolkits. Shivan dragon is also standard legal atm for the same reason.

Where do you guys buy your sleeves at?
Any recommendations?

Usually from amazon. My store only carries ultra pro. I don't mind ultra pro on my kitchen table decks but modern and standard decks get KMC. Edh decks get dragon shields

Modern and legacy decks get kmc*. Standard usually gets ultra pro le mao

Pony sleeves best sleeves, it is zero-effort psychological warfare against your opponents.

Bonus points if you mix in some cards that are defaced with pony art.

Every T1 deck will have those cards maybe - 80% of other players probably cant afford to have 4 of any of these, many couldn't even justify having one, especially baby jace. If you are coming up against multiple decks at your FNM with people playing 4 of for these cards, go play somewhere else where people dont blow their savings on T1 netdecks. Theres nothing fun about getting curbstomped by someone that can afford better decks than you.

You sound very much like a guy in my group, not the pony part though

Anybody get a chance to play the pro tour gauntlet? It's absurdly fun and you get to try out a bunch of different strategies and git gud with them before committing to buying any of them. I just wish they had it for longer. Kind of want to tune the jeskai madness control deck, I have everything but Nahiri's and she's super cheap.

Like this?

Bingo.

>Shivan dragon is also standard legal atm for the same reason.
Dragon was in Origins. perhaps you meant Sphinx of Magosi?

also I checked, these cards are legal according to gatherer.

I remember.

The Heroic deck in THS standard was like $100. I remember I paid $67 to get the missing pieces.

Best standard fun I've ever had.

Don't listen to the newfags. Standard needn't be expensive.

>Only one of those does damage to players
face it my man, burn is dead.

>someone gets themselves a GR15 3day because of my half-joking post

Shit, sorry.

(I'm assuming it got a 3day, for all I know it was just a delete)

Anyone have a cheap White Humans deck I can netdeck? Or any other white, green, white/green deck? Looking for like $50 tops.

I for one welcome red into the ranks of control decks. Burn is boring anyway. Also technically goggles ramp is burn.

In general though that's really useful except for killing planeswalkers, and they have been shoring that up by making burn spells that can hit creatures or planeswalkers (see: wrap in flames) so it's fine. It's not too often you even want to hit players given the option anyway and it lets them print more cheap red burn spells and interesting red effects without making red aggro too strong, diversifying red's pallet quite nicely imo.

>Talks about THS standard
>Calls others newfags
user pls.

they have been shoring that up by making burn spells that can hit creatures or planeswalkers (see: wrap in flames)

Wait, are you implying wrap in flames can hit planeswalkers? Or do you mean Devour in flames (had to gatherer that)

Yeah whoops my bad I meant that

Well okay, since you went there.

I was actively avoiding Type 2 since 1997 when Mirage/Visions/Weatherlight were in the current rotation.

Theros-Khans standard demonstrated that you could:
1) Have fun
2) Buy into a T1 metagame deck for about $100
3) Promoted interactive play and exciting/explosive turns.

I played Jeskai Black for a bit, but haven't played standard in months.

It may take another 20 years, but I'll be waiting.

You can run a pretty consistent RW Ally Equips deck for less than that, or you can build a Budget UR Mill deck, it's just brutal against midrange tryhard decks, you'll just have to accept that you're unable to beat aggro.