Warhammer 40k General

FAQs First Draft Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322077-40k-faqs-first-draft
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/742
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daemon and KDK buffs in the FAQ

Just as planned

You wanna know why I hate Leman Russ?
It's not because of his boner-inducing penchant for teamkilling.
It's not because of his hypocrisy in regards to Nikea and psykers.
It's not because of his inability to back up his boastful nature (see his fights with Lion El'Jonson and Angron).
It's because immediately upon swearing fealty to the Emperor as the 2nd found primarch he had to upstage Horus and his LUNA WOLVES with his own superlative legion title.
Two "official" fucking legions in and we have the Luna Wolves and the Space Wolves.
What a fucking douchebag.

Reminder:
Looks like the Flesh Tearers taxi service is dead

My Raiders are useless. The 80 points I'd spend on a Raider with Splinter Racks and Night Shields could be better spent on another 10 man squad of dudes to replace the ones that got pasted because I didn't think a 3+ cover save was worth snapfiring the next turn. I can't even kill units with my Shock Prows since apparently they can magically teleport away as far as they need to. Hell, Battle Brothers can't even being the damn game embarked on them so deep striking Eldar or Harlequins is right out too.

._.

Just... why fucking bother.

~We'll always have Slicus
Oh wait,
~We'll always have a Corsair Prince with basically Slicus' abilities.

shit tier bait is still shit tier.

What demon and KDK buffs?

FAQ Link
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322077-40k-faqs-first-draft

Tyranids are at Terra's door.

How did the High lords of Terra let this happen?

I'm really happy about this change. Lots of tryhard combos just got snuffed with it.

Just fuck my Dark Eldar army up, GW

If I wanted to run Corsairs I'd be running Corsairs. I want my evil elfs yo, with their jinking boats and stupid shenanigans with deep striking clowns. Now all I have is a bunch of disappointment and compromise.

SUDDENLY, DORN
What do you think the other Primarchs will be like, personality-wise?

>Blasts with Skyfire can now target FMC and Flyers

Where were you when the Tau became the best army in the game?

>Text-speech cancer
Who gives a fuck

Ultramarines seem really out of place that close to the Sol System. Feels like Wank to me.

>Now all I have is a bunch of disappointment and compromise.
Isn't that mostly how the Dark City is run though? Everyone's disappointed, everyone has to compromise with Vect :)
Seriously though, I remember the Dark Days of the 12-year-old Codex, I'm right htere with you. I've shelved my Wyches for Harlies recently though.

>No, "there's" in reference to Formations and Detachments, which is the top of the page. Different Transports "belong" to different formations and Detachments. If some of those F&Ds are BBs with each other, they are forbidden from embarking on each others transports. Read the whole thing

I stand by that if this is killing the FT Taxi service (which needs killing) it needs to kill it with an unambiguously worded question.

>'There are two detachments, of factions that ally as Battle Brothers. Can a unit from one detachment embark onto a (non-dedicated) transport from the other during deployment'

or

>'During deployment, can a unit embark onto a Transport vehicle from a faction that allies as 'Battle Brothers' with the unit's faction

Don't have Tyrannic vets that go around hunting Nids or training other captures how to to fight nids?

>two entire companies of Ultras
WELL HOLD THE FUCKING HORSES AND STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES, *TWO* COMPANIES?
The fuck is this? Sol is the most fortified area in the entire GALAXY outside MAYBE the Black Library, what are 2 companies of smurfs going to add to that?

It says they can target them, but right above that it says they aren't hit by them.

Shame this comes just after Heldrakea losing Skyfire. Baleflamers being able to burn aircraft would have been a nice bonus.

Just a friendly reminder that even though your army can no longer take more than one Relic per model, Tau still can.

>tfw they answered my questions
NO TO HIT ROLL FOR WITCHFIRES WITHOUT PROFILES

I guess. I love their fluff but playing them on the tabletop has always been difficult. Now it's gone from challenging to just straight up not fun. I mean crap, even my Eldar battle brothers are significantly less effective now, and they were the only chance I stood against stuff like Tau.

Only the Ultramarines know how to defeat the Tyranids doe.

was thinking this as well

>I stand by that if this is killing the FT Taxi service (which needs killing) it needs to kill it with an unambiguously worded question.
I respect you bro, but I think it's damn unambiguous. You can ask a straight question on FB page probably and hope for updated wording, but since it's listed in F&D section, that's what they mean by "belonging," they belong to different F&Ds.

>What do you think the other Primarchs will be like, personality-wise?
Well the Lion will be most Loyal and worthy of Warmaster during the final battle ahead.
He definitely won't turn to chaos like horus
I definitely don't do any voices for that channel

>It says they can target them, but right above that it says they aren't hit by them.
So the only thing this changes is "that invisible unit is a pain, I'm going to aim for the neighboring flier and hope for scatter"

>what are 2 companies of smurfs going to add to that?

Are you fucking kidding?

Two companies of Ultra are the equivalent of hundreds of lesser chapters.

>he fuck is this? Sol is the most fortified area in the entire GALAXY outside MAYBE the Black Library

The Beast Waaagh! had an easy time reaching it and besieging place. Also Terra almost fell to Xenos hands numerous times during the 10K history of the Imperium.

silly delf.

Fill your cardboard box full of slith, flat out on the first turn, and jink like crazy. You're assaulting something on turn 2.

Also, the crew does not snap shoot following a jink. It makes no sense, but dem's the rules.

What's your issue? Why do you hate fun?

>You can ask a straight question on FB page

Like an hour ahead of you.
Read it and the rules lawyer in me was triggered so hard.

>Where were you when the Tau became the best army in the game?
Tau are not competitive. Kill markers and watch them crumble.

Ork players, rejoice! You are no longer the worst codex! That position of honour goes to the Eldar's own Dark Kin, because evil factions can't be anything but utter shit.

The FAQ clearly states that embarked units on a jinking craft must snap fire the next turn. Also who the hell brings Slyth?

Yeah, they have vets, but if the tyranids were detected that close to Sol you'd think half the Imperium would be bearing down on them and a couple companies of Ultramarines wouldn't really be all that. Especially if they had to travel all the way from Ultramar...

>NO TO HIT ROLL FOR WITCHFIRES WITHOUT PROFILES
what? pics or it didn't happen.

>The Beast Waaagh! had an easy time reaching it and besieging place. Also Terra almost fell to Xenos hands numerous times during the 10K history of the Imperium.
That just means that despite being well fortified it's still not perfect
That doesn't change the fact that adding 200 smurfs is just pissing in the wind.

Weapons that have "bearer" rules are now permanent effects and not merely applied when attacking with that weapon.

Possession can be used to summon any variant of bloodthirster.

FMCs can arrive gliding or swooping when deep striking.

Psykers in chariots are exempted from the embarked psyker rules restricting powers to only witchfires. Only really matters for Heralds of Tzeentch and Slaanesh, but makes them much more solid options.

I know we're all very excited about the FAQs, but there's this too.

Some more on
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/742
but doesn't have the whole book.

Is the Maleceptor now not a complete waste of space?

>is just pissing in the wind.

In reality, they would be the ones that make the difference and win the day.

please educate me, user - where is this faq of which you speak?

>because evil factions can't be anything but utter shit.
But Chaos Demons have been getting fucktastic toys for a while now...

The Necrons are goodguys now?

total newbie here trying to decide on an army and would appreciate some help.

I was originally set on necrons because they sounded like they were pretty versatile and fun to play with but their models are super boring which is kind of a big turn off for me.

Now I'm leaning towards chaos daemons/marines together because they seem pretty fun and cool looking but i'm not really 100% on the rules so i don't know what can be used with what or how.

Also very interested in tyranids because i like having big armies, they look awesome, seem very versatile, and have lots of giant monsters. Ive heard they're hard to do well with and i imagine big army = big money to get into.

Any input is appreciated.

Suppose this is worth posting too.

It's said in at least 2 of the pages shown on their facebook page, this is one

In fact if anything, this makes the stormsurge crazy hard to use in the hunter contingent. declaring all of your shooting before resolving any? Egad.

Umm...
Right there.

>140 points
>additional jets are 125

What?

I don't get this "orks are bad" meme. I mean, they get a 22" blast S7 AP3 armourbane with 72" range on a superheavy tank that costs less than a Knight and has much better defenses. How bad can they really be?

Yes, now it's only a partial waste of points and warp charges

Isn't there a minor hive fleet near Terra anyway?

>Especially if they had to travel all the way from Ultramar...

How long will it take for them to get to Terra from Macrage? Can't be more than a week.

No, but it may be played casually without being embarassed and actually managing to deal some wounds from difficult to hit or penetrate vehicles

cheaper to mass produce duh

Yes. They want to close off the warp

You can indeed ally CSM and daemons and be at least mid tier. CSM on their own are in a bad spot right now but daemons can be top tier if played well. I love playing nids but they are in an even worse place than CSM in this edition. Above all, pick the models and army you think is the coolest and then try to make it work. The amount of time you'll spend gaming pales in comparison to the amount of time you should spend modeling and painting and if you don't like the models you may lose interest. I have much more fun with my orks despite them being far less competitive than my grey knights.

good thing I just got my xiphon and I can't use it at all :')
yes armies with more models will cost you more money to finish up. They also take longer to paint overall and you may get bored painting it. Daemons/marines are a good combo because there are a lot of painting options so you won't get bored as easy. Not sure if you care more about the models/winning/lore or whatever though.

GAME
CHANGER
Took them a lot longer than that during the Siege...

Sure, when the best tau lists are just riptide wings and stormsurges "Kill the markers" seems like a solid tactic.

They should apply this to all units.
Fuck MSU

they really should. make squadrons make a bit more sense with wound spillover

The adamantine lance lives again!!!

>Vehemence attack pattern.
Once again MC>Vehicles

>Intolerance
Lul fuk Burnabommas

>Indomitable
Twice as useless.

>Fortitude
Lul fuck Wazbomms KFF

After this and the FAQ I'm just gonna put my Orks in storage and cheese up my Eldar, If I can't have fun, noone else will either.

Nah, only huge tendrils of Leviathan

WE 30K NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

WOW 2 WHOLE COMPANIES!

At least our bikes can jink before assaulting.... Oh wait, yeah 5+as s3 t4.

HAHA SAY GOODBYE TO WAR CONVOCATION!

>Ork formation
>The Wazbom in this formation must have the KFF
>All the planes in this formation have a 5++ if in the fortitude formation is the formation bonus
>The planes would have a 5++ anyway from the kff
>But also a 4++ from being in the fortitude formation

DO they even look at the shit they write?

I'm most upset about tankshock being much much less able to kill things. I enjoyed running people over.

That's got to be a 3+. Not even GW are that silly, right? Right?

Big units cheaper than MSU.

If this FAQ is any indication then 8th ed is gonna suck shit.

My mistake. I would ask why more space marines when we could give the Inquisition, guard, or Sisters a chance to shine and channel Cruddance on these Nids but then I remembered BL is BL. Will this even be good?
No. They need you to suffer so they can make a new battlesuit for the Tau out of Ork player suffering.

Ok the cosplay is cool and a good effort but I feel safe judging him for his edgy Khornate Headboard.

(Heh, 'head'board.)

second pic

>adamantine lance
What is this?

What should I expect about the Eldar at 600 pts?

It's still a solid formation, it's just not total faggotry anymore.

That nigga has Khornate symbols on his shower curtains or curtain.

I wonder if this is how they playtested stuff like the maleceptor, and why it got the points value it got. I mean, it's still too much, but it makes a bit more sense.

>implying they playtest
Yes yes, very good.

>I'm most upset about tankshock being much much less able to kill things. I enjoyed running people over.
what changed?

Honestly I'm more interested in building and painting than playing but i will still be playing and don't want my shit pushed in every game.

I was also considering tau because i'm totally gay for mechs but it seems like they have pretty much zero melee options.

I think I'm going to go with CSM/daemons, thanks for the input.

Can i pair any marines with any deamons or do i have to stick with one god/type?

An old Apocalypse titan formation.

>Interceptor Drones can finally use the overcharged profile against something.

You can pair them however you like, but I'm assuming certain formations require devotion to a single god. I don't play CSM or Daemons so I'm not sure but if you're running a CAD + Allies then you should be fine.

Frankly, half a company will be more than enough.

>Will this even be good?

We will know in a few weeks.

CSM and Daemons are battle-brothers but ICs of each can't join units of the other. The lone exception to this might be KDK daemons as they don't have daemonic instability.

this. it's the wulfen nonsense all over again.

>No
>No
>No
>No

It's almost as if the players are fucking faggots who need to stop trying to cheese RAW.

>Tankbusta nerfed
>Relic combos that actually make the warboss survivable are no more
>Dakkajet bs1 against ground targets

What a fucking horrible time to play orks

And it will only just get worse

Every time orks have changed its been for the worse

I think unbound lists consisting of nothing but buildings would be kind of hilarious though.

Can Orks and Dark Eldar just form some kind of separate game where we don't let the meta in and go back to playing 5th edition?