WTF is he doing?

What is this knight doing in this pic? Is he butt mad he didnt get the kill? Or is he trying to sell me something shady?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3UWsHVqN8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He got cut in half at the waist. That's the torso flying off into the distance.

Barrel roll.

Why is it raining SM, Eldar and Orks in the end?

Bodies for the body throne

Demon world.

Expect a Chaos reveal at some point.

Tyranid feeding pool.

>Sprinkle a bit of Ork, some Space Marine seasoning and let it cook for a couple of week! Done, thats your delicious Milky Way Sludge, nutritious for every growing Dominatrix!.

>Eldar won't shut up on how they're a dying race
>Bodies literally raining from the sky

He's trying to teach you some proper jousting and chivalry classes user. He's using his companion as an example of proper jousting an Eldar Wraithknight

I'm wondering if the pilot actually lived through that. the crash would be horrific but the eldar didn't hit the cockpit.

The players are putting their minis back in the bag, of course.

Because it's cool

Please God make this a large scale game with basebuilding and slick animations instead of a version of Company of Heroes that isn't as good.

"Dawn of War is famous for its epic action and those immense clashes are back - but now they're off-the-scale."

Hopefully they're telling the truth

I didn't like Knights until this trailer. Now the D chainsword makes sense. I thought they used it like a regular chainsaw which would hardly make it as strong as it is, regardless of how big the teeth are.

If they're mind-linked into the machine then damage feedback might kill the pilots? Not sure though, I don't know much about Imperial Knight fluff.

some beksinski style surrealism

that eldar building was pretty neat. love this take on wraithbone too.

it was pretty sick. the battle cannons were kinda underwhelming though

Probably wondering why he didn't try to block the eldar sword with his own chainsword.

If the pilot survives the shock of being cut in half he would live. It's possible to just die from shock.

Because having two knights gang up on a WK then kick it repeatedly while its down wouldn't be nearly as heroic.

youtube.com/watch?v=_3UWsHVqN8M

A couple of the HH books have decent pilot-pov accounts of Knight combat. They make it clear that the same sort of things that fuck over Titan crews can fuck over Knight pilots. The trauma of being cut in half would have, at the very least sent the pilot into a coma. But it's much more likely that the sudden synaptic feedback would have cooked his brain.

What fucking Eldar material burns and explodes like that? Why the fuck does huge wraithbone statue powered by soulstones need it?

>I thought they used it like a regular chainsaw which would hardly make it as strong as it is
Advantage of regular infantry sized chainswords is insane cutting power that would allow quick effective cuts. It's very bad at thrusting.

Vehicle sized chainsword can't be used effectively against other vehicles or walkers. Knight doesn't have reach advantage of proportional limb. He holds his wrists at the chest like a chicken and can move the chainsword properly, defeating the purpose of this weapon, quick devastating slashing attacks at distance. Only way to use it is to slam into opponent like shown in the trailer. It would be suicidal if Wraith wasn't swinging and showing off like a chump.

>and can move
*can't move

It's charged with psychic energy that's now busting loose?

It's sparks from the giant chainsaw stuck in side it?

The chainsword is exploding because it just rammed through a Wraithknight?

Most importantly, it's 40k, it's fiction, and it's not worth getting butthurt over, bruh.

>People taking the events of this trailer literally

literally what. It's all symbolic pottery.

what if it was all a vision of some farseer

You drank too much bright psychic goo, bruh

wraithknight is piloted, unlike wraithguard/lord

What does the retard taking on a deff dread with a chainsword symbolize

They represent new players who think assault marines are good against armour

Good point

I thought the trailer was going to be a lot more than it was, the part with the Titan diving at the Eldar was the best part, the rest was shite. I recall, vividly, the other trailers, fighting the necrons in the tombs and Orks, both were great fun to watch. This is shit.

It symbolizes new player who forgot to buy melta bombs for his dudes

It's not a fucking armor suit you inbred fucktard. It's a giant robot mech.

He is plugged in to the machine as if it was his own body, some have been in so long their limbs atrophy and they express desire to be suspended in ambiotic fluid as a disembodied torso and head. They compete directly for dominance with the Machine Spirit, which are especially strong, if not the strongest in 40k, via cabels plugged direcetly in to their brainstem via the Mind Impule Unit.

I... I understand now!

That's the SM player trying to stale the dreads by sacrificing them a squad.

You're thinking of a Dreadnaught, not a fucking Titan.

Jesus christ, Veeky Forums.

Titans, operated by the Princeps, a being of extrodinary willpower needed to dominate the feral intelligence of any kind of Titan. Under them is the Moderati, they control an individual system of the Titan but themselves are not completely wired in to the extent the Princeps is.

>The Princeps exerts command over his war engine by the means of a Mind Impulse Unit -- a technologically complex neural input device which allows for a cybernetic connection between the human mind and a Titan's Machine Spirit, and the ability to impose his or her will upon it. To establish the link between the Machine Spirit and the human mind requires that the Princeps submit to extensive cybernetic augmentation of his or her central nervous system, either by accepting the implantation of a several cybernetic implants at the back of the neck and skull, a series of implants in the spine which enable the linking of the MIU to the spinal cord or even undergoing entombment in an amniotic tank with large parts of the body rewired to accomodate cybernetic interaction with the Titan.

Fucking hell, you goddamn newfag

Don't Knights use a different system though, the Throne Mechanicus or whatever? Not the guy you two were rightly shitting on, but I don't think Knights have Moderati, it's just the one dude acting as pilot/gunner and maybe a servitor.

1. it's a knight
2. in many cases knight pilots and titan princeps are exactly as he describes

>A Throne Mechanicum is a cybernetic control platform utilised by the nobles of the Knight Houses to control their Imperial Knight suits through neural interface sockets surgically inserted into the noble pilot's cerebrum and cerebellum. Umbilical interface cords from the Throne Mechanicum device are then attached directly to the pilot's neural sockets. These mind impulse control links allow the pilot to wear their Knight suit like a second skin through the Throne Mechanicum.

A lesser version of the same technology, can still happen. Moreso as it becomes a faint gestalt entity of all previous nobles that have died in the throne, it will begin brainwashing and reprogramming the man sat at it.

So who is going to be the big bad in the game? I am betting it is either nids who were there all along, or an AI controlled daemonic incursion closes off the planet forcing all three factions to cooperate.

It's gonna be Emrakul

In Dawn of War III you will have no choice but to face your foes when a catastrophic weapon is found on the mysterious world of Acheron.

With war raging and the planet under siege by the armies of greedy Ork warlord Gorgutz, ambitious Eldar seer Macha, and mighty Space Marine commander Gabriel Angelos, supremacy must ultimately be suspended for survival.

That's taken from the website. So most likely it has something to do with chaos

Hopefully it has better balance and less bullshit than its predecesors. There is a reason I keep going back to LotV.

Knights are hooked to their pilots, if they are sufficiently melded with the knight the pilot may feel pain depending on if the machine spirit feels pain.
A human being chopped in half will either pass out or lay in shock AND THEN PASS OUT until he dies of blood loss, a knight pilot is likely to have received internal trauma from the synaptic link.
Odds are he's dead from a melted brain from synaptic resonance, ruptured organs from muscle spasms that mimic being cut in half, killed in the internal explosions that would surely occur, or unconscious and waiting for orks to find and kill him then loot the knights corpse for a morkanaut(or possibly gorkanaut)

because you are a retard?

Do you really think that Soulstorm was in any way balanced or competitively playable?

Ignore him, he clearly played eldar.
Can't you tell how much of a flamming faggot he is?

Rampant idiocy of HFY

Dieing

> Reaper Chainswords are simply fuckhueg battering ram lances with motorized teeth

I'm still not buying one, i'm still not buying one...

Good, because it's shit on so many levels

>Gorgutz is back!

I AM HYPE!

Are there any other crew men on them or just the pilot?

knights are 1-man crew

warhounds are, I think 3

keeps going up from there

are imperial knights basically gameworkshop's attempt at mechwarriors?

Knights have been in the fluff since at least the 90s. They just finally got plastic kit

mechwarrior didnt invent mecha

if anything its a gestalt of all the mecha series with an imperial aesthetic stapled onto it.

Knights are crewed by a single person, until his death or until the Knight somehow deems him "unworthy" and cripples him itself (See: Vengeful Spirit/Knights of Molech)

They supposedly have some kind of bond, like that between a knight's steed OR between a Princeps and his Titan, but the book doesnt elaborate too much on that. I am unsure if the Knight's pilot feel the pain of the Knight's injuries.

Alright, i'm holding my imperial knights codex as we speak, definitive answers.

.....i was unneeded, above anons had it right. The knights control system is the Throne Mechanicum. Using interface sockets surgically inserted into his brain the pilot is wired into the Knight and they merge. The throne allows the pilots thought patterns to become the machines movements, and he receives sensory feedback from the machine (ie, feels like his own body, though i image the new proportions and center of gravity take getting used to)

Other interesting tid-bit. Each pilot imprints his personality on the Throne. The link effects each following pilot, implanting notions of fealty obligation and nobility, along with respect for his ancestors. It is theorized this was intended as a measure to prevent rogue pilots by modifying Knights to embody positive protective virtues. there is also fluff which states that in the event of pilot death it is not unheard of for the gestalt personality of the throne itself to continue to move the knight and continue fighting. in fact there are a few famous knights mentioned in the codex who may or may not have pilots at all.