pastebin.com/5F8RNubX (embed)

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/major-artifacts/song-of-extinction-music-box
youtube.com/watch?v=-TqfBEX6QtE
youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco
youtube.com/watch?v=tUYM5WNdNGc
archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20070803a
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_jar_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(embed) (embed) I am the laziest

You have three days before going in front of Queen Abrogail Thrune and putting on a performance for her and her court.

What song do you play?

Children of homebrew race

am using this as a prospective Jel child

I like that I can buy an hour of time to plan in a semi-prepared game by just putting in wildlife.

The Song of Extinction, obviously.

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/major-artifacts/song-of-extinction-music-box

The song of my people, duh

youtube.com/watch?v=-TqfBEX6QtE

This, cus it's catchy.

Oh, right. On-topic: anons, how can I make a good-aligned musical necromancer ala the video?

wait so elves arent mammals?
how the flying fuck can they breed with humans then

Last thread had some archetype package discussion. Drop something to pick up bardic performance package.

Let's ask harpies and driders that question, user.

Nazi devs say you can't. In lore justification is flimsy, and rule one is that anything can be hand waived through agreement. Technically speaking the music video guy isn't creating undead. He's an occultist. He communes with the dead, and frees trapped spirits like reuniting the girl with her parents after defeating her corrupted monster form.

Dirge Bard

Skald using Spell Kenning to swipe Necro spells

Oh wait, that's a good point. The occultist even has non-evil skeleton creation. Nice!

What race is you're pure perfect 17/10 waifu and why?

tell us about your waifus!

sylphs

BUT WHY!?

>pic related

GANON is that you?

ghibli-tier wind gusts that tell their emotions.

do I look like I'm holding the shift key

>GM never gives out circumstance modifiers because we all optimise to the point we don't need them
>If we ever got more bonuses on top of that there wouldn't even be a point to rolling

Though in fairness, I've gotten through a number of things that really should have required rolls without doing so, just by thinking/talking well.

You mean QANON, right? GANON would be angry about Link.

My own encounters disrupt my plans.

I'll have a session planned out:
>PCs go to goblin hideout to rescue villagers
>PCs return to town, collect rewards, find out there's a PLOT afoot and someone is suspected to hire goblins
>PCs investigate a noble's house while he's away, discover his secret connections
>PCs must confront him at the mind-controlled royal castle

6 hours in, we wrap up with the PCs having successfully fought their way into the goblins' firedrake stable.

Speaking of you two, she mentioned you were newly taken, congratulations!

Woops, you're right.

I knew something felt wrong.

Keep your weird-ass drama out of /pfg/

What is the smuggest character you've ever played, or seen played?

Bonus if the smug is followed with ohohohoho~!

So whats with the robo arm dude? Is he evil or?

Elves bloat with human semen and use it to fertilize their eggs, which are found in shallow ponds.

Not all waifus need to be pure. Can't a guy just like a filthy, naughty, awful, bad girl?

What drama?

I'm not one of the weird-ass shippers, if that's what you mean.

His arm was possessed, Mystery (The dog) removed the arm. Arthur (the orange haired dude with the cybernetic arm) built himself a new one.

Played an ex-familiar cat given great power after her master's death of old age. She took the "cat leaves half-eaten mouse for you to teach you to hunt" approach with /everything/.

Was absolutely hilarious to play.

Nah, just traumatized. He lost his friend and doesn't seem to remember that he did.

(Me)
I should clarify: Mystery removed the arm in order to save Arthur from being fully possessed.

Nah, I don't care about that guy, I want to know what's up with the floating skull man at the bottom. I've seen him around in a few pictures but I have no idea who he is or what he's from.

Yeah, but then /pfg/ will always accuse you of being a cuck because your waifu isn't pure and thus sleeps around.

I don't care how cliche is it, a friendly Drow girl is something I'd fight tooth and nail for.

She can be faithful while still being those things.

Isn't Greta a filthy bad girl that's probably slept with half of the Howlings?

He's from a music video. Here:

youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco

Part 2:
youtube.com/watch?v=tUYM5WNdNGc

Keep talking like that, and you'll be eating pleather for breakfast, user.

That maddwarf will kill us all

Sounds pleathurable

I can't fucking stand pure waifus anymore, it's always demure this and respectable that, it's tiring and cringy and I can't take it anymore.

The absolute best waifus, like any NPC, are the ones that feel like people, rather than anime characters. The shameless tomboy that's fine with stripping down around the guys while cracking jokes is something I'm more familiar with than the stuttering mess that can't stop blushing around senpai.

What do you guys feel is an appropriate time frame/cost for retraining maneuvers?

Everything else can be retrained, including known spells.

While we're on the subject, how would you extend initiators into Mythic, or Epic levels.

How do you react to this situation:

>transporting valuable cargo as part of a caravan
>only actual road passes through abandoned burnt out city, was ransacked some 70 years ago, no one living there now to your knowledge
>as you pass through a large open square the horses on the main caravan get shot
>over the next 2-3 rounds more horses get shot, meaning your caravan isn't moving
>can't see who is doing it
>arrows start targeting people after the horses are dead
>after fleeing into a building realized the places were trapped in advance
>only buildings around that square were, move more than a block away and the traps are gone
>hear movement, little brass brains in a jar followed around by Arcane Eyes are aiding in targeting for the arrows, one of them followed you into the building
>brilliant energy arrow goes through the wall, hits a PC
>what ever it is seems to be have dark vision, the ability to see through smoke/vapor (goz mask), and stone (the druid spell) and is thus prepared to keep shooting no matter where you hide

How do you fight at this point? What is your plan of action?

How do I build a character that does nothing more apparently magical than hit people with a flaming bat and be nigh-impossible to put down, while still being dangerous enough to be ranked 2nd in a whole state of assassins?

I'd honestly just let people retrain maneuvers on levels or between adventures. Or Psychic Reformation it.

Toss up a wind wall and wall of force. Communal protection from arrows. Teleport the civilians out, then return, teleport the carriages, or firestorm the whole thing.

I have a question for /pfg... Is it the majority of people here that think that dumping charisma IRL so whenever they post they sound like dismissive assholes who actually have no idea how to communicate in a way people will be receptive to ideas/feedback or just a vocal self-important minority that acts in the exact same way that the "feminazi's" they often mock do without being self aware?

The windwall does not seem to work, the arrows are cyclonic. The wall of force would stop it for a round then the arrow would fire from a different direction. Protection from arrows does not seem to help as the arrows are magical.

The carriages are too large to teleport out, that's the entire reason they weren't teleported in the first place.

Did you dump int IRL cause your post was close to incoherent. and its retarded

Zweihander Sentinel with Elemental Flux

I teleport behind the shooter, unsheathing my katana...

Reread your post m8.

Again, the entire point of the encounter is to use the sniping rules, you have no idea where he is. Also mithril current can't teleport natively to my knowledge.

Veiled moon+Mithral current is the only way to properly play.

Is there only one sniper? What level are the PCs?

Nice try...kid...

Depends on the character, I currently have two.

One's AC/dr/healing is high enough to walk directly at where one set of arrows is coming from.

The other has permanency'd aura sight/arcane sight/see invisibility and x-ray vision with a +31 to perception, so he'd just fly up and take pot shots with his railgun.

Still no idea where he is unfortunately. The point of the brains in jars is so he can shoot from 1500ft out to stay hidden.

Only 2 years until the next one!

Apparently there are going to be 6-7

What is this, Hellsing Abridged?

Level 12, and you have no idea how many snipers there are. You are aware the arrows can come from more than one direction.

>The other has permanency'd aura sight/arcane sight/see invisibility and x-ray vision with a +31 to perception, so he'd just fly up and take pot shots with his railgun.
Likely neither has the range nor the perception check at that distance. The firing distance for the sniper is between 1500 and 2000ft from the square. This adds 150 and 200 DC to the perception check respectively.

>One's AC/dr/healing is high enough to walk directly at where one set of arrows is coming from.
May work except for teleportation mastery and an emergency dimension door item to move around with for the sniper.

Your GM is bullshitting on you. At that distance, if you find a cover he will NEVER find you again based on penalties.

That's what the brain in a jar and arcane eyes are for, they aid targeting.

He has sensors following you around, keeping track of your position. He's not the one with eyes directly on you. He's the artillery with little guys lasing your position.

>May work except for teleportation mastery and an emergency dimension door item to move around with for the sniper

He'll run out of spells and arrows, then.

Is this in a party, or are our characters dealing with this alone?

>You must concentrate to use an arcane eye. If you do not concentrate, the eye is inert until you again concentrate.
Standard action every round to use just one arcane eye. The brains are presumably some homebrew shit, but there's not many ways to achieve full vision through a telepathic link without blinding yourself or requiring equal concentration.

What classes constitute your party, /pfg/?

This user nailed it beforme me Your GM is bullshitting on you. I don't know what a Brain in Jar is, so I can't say about it.

Warder, Arcanist, Priest (3pp class made to be a Cleric with nearly exclusive focus on casting), Warlord

Slayer, Paladin, Ranger and Arcanist.

The brains are the construct with the brain upgrade. Because seeking arrows exist they merely need to convey the correct square, not give vision.

>He'll run out of spells and arrows, then.
See the question is will he run out of spells/arrows first or will the party die first? The build has it going at a 9d8+12 because of vigilante sneak attack + vital strike.

Warlord/Paladin
Magus
Diviner Wizard
Zen Archer/Stalker
Cleric
Rubato Bard
Invulnerable Rager Bard

Other party:
Spellslinger Wizard/Monk/Technomancer
Monk/Druid/Evangelist
Shadow Bloodline Sorcerer
Stalker/Umbral Blade

It's from Libris Mortis.

>archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20070803a
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_jar_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

i remember you or someone else posting this this week from the DM's perspective

Fighter, rogue, alchamist, fighter, WIZZZAAAAARD.

The warlord's build has it going at 62 AC, 147 HP, Half damage against physical magical attacks, DR 10/Adamantine, and the capacity to heal for 60 every two rounds.

Level 12, as requested.

Actually this one is just a standard animated object construct with the brain upgrade. There are several of them.

The what upgrade? Bioconstruct modification?
>Brain: This upgrade doesn’t permit the golem to think independently, but instead, the brain works as a storage device, permitting the golem to acquire skills and feats as if it had an Intelligence score of 10. Enchantment spells or spells with mind-affecting effects that are cast upon the golem can affect the brain, causing the brain to cease functioning for the duration of the spell. While the brain is suppressed in this fashion, the construct temporarily loses access to its skills and feats. If the spell has a save, the brain uses the golem’s saving throws.
Nothing there gives them telepathy, and they explicitly can't do independent thought. Trying to apply a telepathy-granting spell would shut the brain off.

>>cast arcane sight
>>use your knowledge to work out the angles an arrow could have come from
>>equip a tower shield and run in a direction
>>as soon as your arcane sight begins tog low, fireball

Alternatively, summon some tougher monsters to pull the caravan and hightail it out of there.

What are the party composition? Levels?

Fighter, Rogue, Warder, Beguiler, Witch.

The brains in jars are to aid the arcane eyes getting into buildings, not actually controlling them. They punch through walls/break windows/unscrew grates.

Dude, how? That build sounds nuts. What's his damage output like?

Druid
Rogue
Cleric
Wizard

I mean he can dimension door, as soon as he knows you're heading towards him he moves to a different sniper nest.

I'm actually curious how you got that high at level 12. That's pretty good. What is his AC without armor/shield bonus and while flat footed?

And the arcane eyes don't work unless the caster is concentrating, so we're back to the shooter having no way to actually use any of this crap.

Unless he had a brain in a jar who uses UMD for the eye next to him and was printing/writing out information on locations. The jaw is concentrating while he is free to take aim. The local jar can use UMD since it's brain one has skills.

Other anons already proved that your GM is bullshitting you. Slap him.

In fact, forget that

>>summon as many air elementals as you can
>>make them surround you
>>whirlwind
>>arrows fail

Keep following him. He'll run out of teleports soon enough. Not sure what else you can do, really.

Seems like a cool idea for a combat though.

Doesn't seem to be is entirely possible. The others might not even be brains in jars, maybe only that one.

The brain jars cannot have telepathy.

>In fact, forget that
cyclonic beats that.

It doesn't have to. It's actually standing next to him and casts Arcane Eye using UMD and writes locations out for the sniper to read and target with.

Ridiculous. I pulled all the cheese I could. It was for a Rappan campaign so the equipment is epic tier.

He's a full initiator with mythic power attack. His normal attack is 2d6+44, and he uses improved vital strike/greatsword battler so he can initiate and vital strike on a charge.

It's Rappan, so we have ridiculous items. Thanks to special in-setting crafting materials, his armor and weapon were enhanced by +5 to +10.

So functionally speaking, his AC breakdown is
10 (standard)
19 (+10 full plate)
13 (+10 animated heavy shield)
6 (dex modifier, armor was celestial full-plate for the max dex of +6)
10 (he's permanently incorporeal, so his CHA adds as a deflection bonus)
3 (silver crane waltz)
1 (Dusty Rose Prism)

The king comes before the character in your current campaign (favorite one) and demands them to swear allegiance to the kingdom or die at the hands of his elite knights (extremely high level), but your character has already sworn allegiance to the enemy. How does your character deal with this situation?

The sniper hits past armor/shield and hits flat footed. So you're working with AC 24.

Brain constructs CAN'T THINK INDEPENDENTLY. They're incapable of writing anything unless they're explicitly told "write these words". They can't do anything with an arcane eye unless given explicit instructions on how to move it, and the shooter can't see where the eyes are, so he can't give such instructions.

He absolutely should not have +10 items, let alone +10 pure enhancement, that really fucks both wealth by level and how powerful the items should be.

Attempts to teleport away to flee.

It could follow these orders:
>Follow any living humanoid creature with the arcane eye, if more than one creature is present follow the first seen
>For each creature continually write out their distance and direction from this location

It would have knowledge geography and make checks each round to determine if it knew the correct distance/location. As well it would have linguistics for the writing. It is not making independent thought, it is following explicit orders.

>Level 12
>+10 Items