Alright Veeky Forums I haven't painted anything in probably 15 years but I've accumulated a crap load of things to...

Alright Veeky Forums I haven't painted anything in probably 15 years but I've accumulated a crap load of things to paint. What I want to know is where I should start as the majority of paints I have are not really good anymore. What paint does Veeky Forums recommend to get back into the mini painting scene?

I'll just post some minis I found.

>What paint does Veeky Forums recommend to get back into the mini painting scene?
Acryllic paint.
Primer
Base paints and shades
Citadel paint is expensive but there's the other paint whose brand name I forget

Vallejo is good shit. Their airbrush paints don't even need to be thinned as they come in the perfect consistency. They have a bunch of bundle deals that can potentially match up with the army you want to paint. They have equivalency charts with both the old and new Citadel paint line.

Thanks for the input.

>Big dwarf robots
Now this is what would get me to buy into Warmachine. I love those guys.

model thread

What is that representing?

Why are you posting Bionicle in Veeky Forums?

>green screen marines

I don't need a reason

Well, these are the first minis I've painted in years. Crew from a friend's Type 7c U boat (yeah I've gone into filthy scale modelling now). Ignore the tank crew uniform on one of them, it's a working model so spending a ton of money on the most overlooked and easily broken parts isn't a good idea.

I've heard of Vajello before, how widely available is it? Since I have a GW down the road big shipping costs would make it cheaper to use citadel paints (which are pretty awesome still).

It's pretty common. You can even get the stuff at Hobby Lobby. Check nearby FLGSs too.

Because Bionicle is dope

Those are Eldar models.
They're related.

Do you not think they have a good paintjob or something?

That left guy's face is awesome

>ayy komrade

>CONSTRUCTICONS! FORM DEVASTATOR!

Why can't I paint white like that, HOW DOES HE GET THOSE BLACK LINES!

There's no easy way to do it. Either he primes/paints black and puts white on top and leaves black in the cracks, which is a bitch cause you have to paint ALL that white over the black.

Or he primes and paints white, but carefully puts black wash or black paint in the cracks only.

Of course there might be an easier method, simply prime white, paint/wash cracks black, then clean up. I see one very slight wash smudge on the pentagon shape above the cockpit so he probably just did white with a wash.

micro paint pen