Dawn of War III - III, 3, Three Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Step into a brutal battle between three warring factions!

>In Dawn of War® III you will have no choice but to face your foes when a catastrophic weapon is found on the mysterious world of Acheron.

>With war raging and the planet under siege by the armies of greedy Ork warlord Gorgutz, ambitious Eldar seer Macha, and mighty Space Marine commander Gabriel Angelos, supremacy must ultimately be suspended for survival.

>Take control of towering war machines and tip the balance of battle in your favor with the biggest characters in Dawn of War history. Turn the tide with the mighty Imperial Knight (Space Marine), the clattering Gorkanaut (Ork), or the haunting Wraithknight (Eldar).

>Take your battle plans to another level by deploying powerful collectible elite squads, each boasting their own special abilities and bonuses that will help you unlock and develop new attacking strategies to conquer your foes.

>Cause devastation on the battlefield with powerful super-abilities. Rain down total destruction on your enemies with the Space Marine's Orbital Bombardment, the Eldar's blistering Eldritch Storm or the Ork’s Rokks to counter your unsuspecting rivals.

>THREE-FACTION CAMPAIGN
>Learn what makes each force formidable through alternating missions. You'll soon come to understand the combat advantages of Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar and the rules of a universe with no heroes or villains… only war.

>Build your own universal army from the very first moment you are matched in a melee. Progress through battle after battle with loyal troops by your side across both challenging campaign missions and dominating multiplayer maps.

Only 3 factions confirmed at launch, unless Chaos are a hidden fourth faction in the campaign and day-one DLC.

Remember that this is the new SEGA-owned Relic, and SEGA also owns Creative Assembly, the studio behind Total Warhammer where Chaos are also a DLC-only faction. Coincidence? I think not.

On the one hand, sucks for Chaosfags. On the other hand, it's not the first time a DoW game needed expansion packs for more armies and StarCraft has demonstrated that three armies is enough for a RTS to work with.

On another note, who's willing to bet that Macha's still bitter about Gabe letting that Daemon out of the Maledictum?

>Gorgutz, Macha and Angelos
When Chaos, the IG and the Tau get announced, their commanders will be Eliphas, Sturnn and O'Kais respectively.

Screencap this, boyz. We're getting the band back.

This is Chaos we're talking about though. "Powerful weapon discovered on no-name planet" literally screams Chaos. They're probably being worked on, just not launching as a multiplayer playable faction because greenbacks.

>Sturnn
Canonically dead, betrayed by Taldeer.

>Gorgutz is alive, which is awesome.
>Macha is alive, which means smutfags will have a field day.
>Gabriel is alive, which we already knew.

Seems like it'll be pretty okay. Hope to see Eliphas, Bernn and O'Kais make a return, whether in DLC or just side references.

Gorgutz was always alive. Wasn't there some fluff where he ended up on a backwoods ork planet and made them into yet another Waaagh?

It's just nice to know he still isn't dead. Sucked that he wasn't in DoW2.

Bluddflagg was a hilarious change of pace though.

What about Vance Stubbs?

Bluddflagg+Gorgutz would be the BEST duo since Gork and Mork.

They'd fight like cats in a bag over who was Orkier.

So seeing as every race is getting a "big thing" what would you like to see the other races equivalents?

Tau will definitely get the Riptide or possible the stormsurge
Necrons, probably an awakened C'tan or the good old Monolith (We could hope for that forgeworld pimp mobile)
Inb4 chaos gets a lord of skulls

I have no idea what the Guard would get. I would hope it wouldn't just be more Knights...

>Riptide
>Stormsurge
Nigga they're getting the Manta.

>mfw no Chaos again

I'd be okay with this.

THE BANEBLADE! a hundred of them.

Baneblade

Baneblade would be the obvious one.

Skitarii/Mechanicum faction dlc?

Sturnn is possibly alive, as per a piece of a wargear stating he led his regiment of IG to the titan.

If we have a returning IG commander, it'll probably be Vance Motherfucking Stubbs or Castor though.

>Lord of Skulls

pls no

pls god no

This game is going to be terrible. Now the Lord of War creep has FULLY entered DOW 3 where it was fairly limited in 2 and only lightly present in 1.

Plus I can't fucking stand the scale of big battles in DOW 1 because of how unfluffy they are. If you're going to have massive armies for all the factions, then space marines shouldn't be in the game.

...right. Forgot. Tanks exist.

I just wonder if the space marines will still have a landraider.

That dreadnaught is praising the sun.

And is that..... IS THAT A FUCKING RAINBOW.

They could get a greater daemon, or something Geedubs wants to sell.

Enjoy your skull tank with stubby arms.

What's a Lord of Skulls, and what's so bad about it?

Fucking glorious. Venerable Dreadnought Solaire of the Sun Praisers, anyone?

Goddamn did gabriel get fat.

Kek.

i'd think the name would clue you in

What would DE get?

I'd hope for that big ass forgeworld boat but we'll probably see an Archon's barge/dais

He's wearing Terminator armor.

Cronos Pain Engine?

No perils for Pelvic Sorcery

He's wearing Cataphractii.

Rolled 3, 6, 6, 1, 5, 1 = 22 (6d6)

Rolling to Deny the Witch on Pelvic Sorcery.

>Cataphractii

I think I came a little

Now I want to make such a chapter.

I wish E3 had PC section.

>Cataphractii.

It's lens flare from the PRISM cannon's blast.

Recovered from a Thousand Sons armory world, no less.

You know guys what would be fucking awesome? If somehow a Skitarii faction would make it into DW3. I would literally day 1 purchase this shit just for that

>Gabriel Angelos uses Rubric Marine dust as jock strap powder

Jesus fucking christ that copypasting.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the grimdark, warhammer-y feel the other 2 games had from those screenshots

The Dais? Or the Reaper?

Talos/Cronos are HS - Then again they Monsterous creatures

Pre-Heresy.

Generic lava terrain with Blizzard saturated blue color makes it look cartoony.

If they had done stark desert or ashen grey urban ruins it would have been very DoW1/2/40k.

Did you even play Dawn of War 2? That game wasn't Grimdark until the third expansion.

Relic completely went bonkers on the franchise after Winter Assault.

>Gabriel Angelos uses ground up legionnaires as jock strap powder

Never seen a Tau?

Everything in red is copy-pasted in PS.

skeptical

>Sturnn is possibly alive
Didn't he die in the SS intro or was that Lukas Alexander?

And he will be gifted several of those during the campaign.
Anyone think we will see the old DoW2 crew (Diomedes&co) back?

Alexander.
Though I still refuse to accept that death as canon since it was lame as fuck.

I liked Sturn the most of any of the commander's, I liked the whole grizzled old man thing.

>no shining spears

Absolutely disgusting, monkeighmilia

First DoW had non-playable IG and WA Necrons. I wouldn't count a hidden NPC faction out.

No perils on pelvic sorcery.

Look at the fucking three stripes on the pulse rifle in the foreground and look how their fucked because some child used the smudge tool, compare to the other guy and notice they're EXACTLY the fucking same.

The planes are very clearly photoshopped as well.

The AdMech on the other hand? No problems, all done properly. Clearly the guy did them first, but then got told that it wasn't 5th ed anymore and he couldn't just have them all shooting at some unseen enemy to the left or right, and he just kind of fudged a few Tau in grudgingly.

No Perils for Pelvic Sorcery!

>Only 3 factions confirmed at launch, unless Chaos are a hidden fourth faction in the campaign and day-one DLC.

Considering it's SEGA publishing now, a dlc faction is unfortunately probable. Just remember that DoW2 was announced with just orks and space marines though.

Chaos, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Admech, Imperial Guard and Tau

So much material... wasted

No perils for Pelvic Sorcery

>the biggest characters in Dawn of War history. Turn the tide with the mighty Imperial Knight (Space Marine), the clattering Gorkanaut (Ork), or the haunting Wraithknight (Eldar).

Check Ultimate Apocalypse mod with Imperial Titans and Gargants

Looks like they are following the standard 3 faction template

I imagine that there won't be much outside of CPU daemons

So this is how i would personally release the DOW III races

DOW III
Eldar
Orks
Space Marines

DOW III The Enemy Within
Chaos (Mortals and Space Marines)
Chaos (Daemons)
Sisters Of Battle

DOW III The Enemy Without
Imperial Guard
Tyranids
Tau

DOW III The Enemy Beyond
Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Eldar

i have seen that pic thousands of times. Yet never have I felt the level of smug I just felt now.

>In the grimderpness of the far future, there is only war.

morkier

>enemy beyond
>not daemons

You dun goofed.

>morkfags

You'z a git!

>Enemy Beyond factions are all specifically the enemy without or Imperials

>Within
Lost and the Damned
Sisters

>Without
Tyranids
Guard

>Beyond
Demons
Gray Knights

>No Merrick

Why even consider buying it

What is this? A thread for gets?

Because we get Gabe, Gorgutz, and Lewdseer back.

>The campaign Wraithknight is Taldeer and Ronahn.

It wasn't Alex.

Alexander was confirmed dead via the flavour text of one of the items in DoW2

I think it was a storm claw

DoW1 was announced with the same three, too.

>When the horns kick in as the Wraithknight is introduced.
I don't care much for eldar but holy shit that was a great scene.

Orks: Stompa
IG: Baneblade, Stormsword variant
Tyranids: Trygon
Chaos: Soul Grinder
Necrons: Monolith

The knights for me. That shoulder bash through the pillar.

stompy robots are so fucking adorable

Did Beksiński design this trailer or what

If the dead can design things we live in a better world than I thought.

>that league of legend style of graphics

urgh

I thought I was the only one

Alexander has been killed during the purge of Victory Bay.

Sturnn is the best IG General, debate me.

Why does this game look like cartoony cell shaded shit?

>space marines shouldn't be in the game.

hahahahaha

No Perils for Pelvic Sorcery

>LIIVII returning home to see a giant Wraithknight in an apron, who promptly greets him with "Welcome home, mon'keigh. Will you be having recaf, distilled herb-juice..."

>Suddenly grabs the stunned Vindicare with a gigantic wraithbone hand, lifting him several hundred feet to bring him face-to-face with an glowing ovoid head.

>"...or me?"

>"T-Taldeer?!"

I know this is bait but please McFucking Kill Yourself. In DoW 1 every faction had a literal super God unit that wrecked face and launched your army into overpowered mode. Fuck off.

No debating. He's the best voiced general.

Winter assault is probably my favorite dawn of war, especially because you can flip hte eldar the bird and brofist over their corpses.

Honestly, geared up IG were already massively overpowered in Vanilla, even more so in Soulstorm