Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Undead Initiator Edition
PoW Undead Discipline. Stat it.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX (embed)

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FRQD2Gy3
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes---paizo-inc/warlock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are there any new archetypes for Vigilante since UI?

What kind of spells do Psychics cast? Like what's the specialization of the spell list and what makes it different from the wizard's or cleric's?

Some are coming in inner sea intrigue.

Anybody got those scans of Armor Master's Handbook? Specifically the feats section and Advanced Armor Training?

5th for the SHIPPING PANTHEON for a simplified setting

>PoW Undead Discipline. Stat it.
Isn't that just Unquiet Grave?

what's the point of low light vision? Is it at all useful ever? I can see darkvision and better being useful because of no light being required, but wouldn't low light be functionally the same as normal vision most of the time?

Low light vision is 100% vision at night

If a light source gives 30 ft of light and then 30 of dim, then it gives you 60 and 60. Thats as far as drow darkvision. For the light given by a torch.

Plus a lot of things are identifiable by colour, which DV doesnt do.

in my headcanon, dwarves only see in black and white except for gold, which has a unique color to them

Ok I'm here to post my shitty Muscle Wizard again.

The Iron Age
Wizard 5/Alchemist 1 VMC Battle Oracle

Stats w/o buff cycle:
Str: 16
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 16
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Stats w/ buff cycle:
Str: 30
Dex: 12
Con: 20
Int: 16
Wis: 14
Cha: 10

without buffs/with buffs
HP: 56/74

Without buffs/with buffs
AC:22/30

Saves:
without buffs/with buffs
Fort: +8/11
Ref:+5/+5
Will: +8/+10

+2 against divination

Traits:
Transmuter
Well Hidden

Feats:
Human: Tribal Scars (Sloth Jaw)
Wizard Bonus: Scribe Scroll
1st: Toughness
3rd: VMC
5th: Power Attack
Wizard Bonus: Extend Spell
Alchemist Bonus: Brew Potion

Curse: Merciful
Revelation: Skill At Arms
Lay on Hands: 1d6 1/day

Arcane Bond: Familiar, Rat w/ Protector
School: Enhancement Transmutation
Opposition Schools: Illusion & Enchantment

Standard Buffs: Bear's Endurance + Bull's Strength + Haste + Monstrous Physique I + Rage + Enhancement School Power + Shield + Magic Weapon + Long Arm

The game is founded on the idea that the main kind of combat will be gladiatorial, which why I am comfortable with all the buffing.

He has a sipping jacket with a extract of cure light wounds in it, and can lay on hands himself once as well. With haste he has 2 attacks.

With all his buffs his attacks do this:
To hit: +13 (with power attack)
1d12+19 (with power attack)

Thoughts? Because of him not needing much magic gear (7.5k out of 16k) he instead has a ton of utility spells.

Needs A) grappling feats and B) Throat cutter feat
If you want to get crazy, maybe instead go magus with spiked gauntlets or cestus, and hamatulatsu strike + greater grapple.

As a standard, you can move 30 feet, attack a guy, grapple him as a free action if you hit, pin him as your move action, and then next turn snap his neck like a twig.

Asking a dwarf to describe how they see gold is like asking a wizard to describe octarine.

That does make for an interesting visual. Black, white, and gold. Like Madworld, but gold instead of red.

I must make this Magus now.
The big problem I saw is mainly the "torch" part. Wouldn't things see the torch and consequently the benefits you'd get off LLV are mostly lost? Or is it simply that there's more to use it for than scouting and I'm uncreative?
This is great though.

I forgot to mention, the move 30 feet and attack as a standard is the Bladed Dash spell, if that wasn't totally clear

...So, sort of a greenish-yellow purple?

Sorry I dont play magus but I checked those feats and none of them let you get a free grapple on hit. What magus feature lets you do that?

Power to power, darkvision is preferable, but LL isnt to be discounted.

Recall that a lot of the time when scouting, you want to see things without them seeing you. This means stealth or outranging their darkvision, which is difficult to do.

And did you mean hamatula strike, or hamatulatsu? They're different feats.

Throat cutter feat?

>hamatula strike
Hamatula strike requires BaB 7.

Hamatulatsu strike requires improved unarmed and greater grapple.

This guy is really feat poor.

Thanks doc.

sorry, that's Hamatula Strike I meant. Hamatulatsu is a different feat

With low-light vision...
Bullseye Lantern = 120ft of normal light and another 120 of dim light. That is 240ft total.

Torch gives 20ft-20ft of light. So it's 40ft of normal light and another 40 of dim light.

There are many way to use it. Dancing light away from yourself? Cast light on stone/arrow and throw it away?

You don't need to have a light source infront of you.

And this extend to the light source your enemy use too. See enemy within their camp fire 200ft away? Darkvision would do you no good. Low-light vision would let you see their whole camp.

My mistake. What was 30 feet, the Light spell? I forget.

Throat Slicer.

Also the plan is at level 7 to multiclass again into Vigilante.

His two personas are Benjamin Moore, a 67 year old NG kindly but decrepit shop keeper and widower. His vigilante persona is the famous LN gladiator The Iron Age.

His social talent is Gossip Collector, which represents the network extending from his well established place of business. He would also choose Avenger for the BaB. .

How does this sound? He after his wife died decided to he would become a gladiator, training for ten years in secret to don the iron armor of his own son, who died years ago in the war, and become The Iron Age. Essentially it is a defiance at his own old age and a decision that he would not follow his wife and son quietly into the grave, but instead die a famous and great man for them. It is an attempt at redemption for leading a mediocre life, something his son always hated him for, and what he blames himself as the reason his son died in battle. He wants to die with a reason to go to them smiling.

Is this a terrible character motivation?

>Throat Slicer.
He has the merciful curse from his VMC oracle. He actually can't perform the coup de grace action. Even then he can't grab the other feat because low BaB.

Good day, /pfg/
This is my 6th(?) iteration of the Fighter's fix I am working on.

I call it the Fighter's Focus
The concept is based off Fighters being the 'dabbler' class who studies in other fields in order to complement their unique martial style.

Its an additional set of options, on top of their bonus feats to make the fighter a more unique class or at least a class with their own unique niche based on the focus they take. Please give me your feedback and criticism - its highly appreciated

pastebin.com/FRQD2Gy3

Hmm light is also 20ft IIRC. Can't remember which one is 30ft light.

So, I thought the minimum ability score needed to cast spells was your unaltered, natural ability score. So to cast level 6 spells, you needed a 16 in your casting stat, etc.

According to a few people I've spoken to, though, item bonuses can satisfy it. So, if I have a level 20 wizard with 16 intelligence, but a headband of intellect +4, I can cast my full level of spells. That seems kind of broken though.

Which is the case?

Yes, a wizard can cast all spell levels with 20 int, or 19 if you want to get precise. Of course, said wizard is going to be a far worse character than a 30+ Int wizard with more spells and higher save DCs.

Yeah, bad example. I'm asking for a battle Oracle I'm making, whose the only heavy/strength melee in the party.

Is there any reason not to increase my charisma instead of my strength?

I mean, increase my strength instead of my charisma.

>Fighter
Flight at 4th level is a bit much. Also what leve of flight is this?
Why does divine give + to cha skills? Cleric and Paladin are typically wis based
What's stopping me from having a cohort, a pet, and a familiar?
Why is there no way to get Ki?

This has potential but it needs some hammering out.

Eh, if you're sticking to buffing and healing/status removal, at most you'd want some more spell slots, but you can probably cover that with some runestones of power.

>Cleric and Paladin are typically wis based
>Paladin
>Wis based
U Wot?

>What's stopping me from having a cohort, a pet, and a familiar?
The DM

The mechanics sure as hell don't
Also I had a brain fart cause it's 1am

Paladins are Cha based in PF. Wisdom is typically a dump stat for them now.

>Why is there no way to get Ki?
Monks are shit. Apply yourself.

>In college with playgroup consisting of students
>Only place everyone agrees to meet is the student center lounge
>Normal people milling about everywhere
>Our grid and rulebooks/character sheets clutter two coffee tables that we push together
>In several normie clubs and don't look like a neckbeard so I know people who don't know I'm a huge nerd
>Two of the people in my playgroup can't control their volume and will loudly get excited about how their +3 GREATSWORD IS GONNA SLICE THROUGH THIS FUCKING DRAGON
>Half of my interactions with them is just me softly chuckling and lightheartedly suggesting they mind the people studying ten feet away from us

Thank god I'm moving into a nice house next semester, Veeky Forums. I can't wait to host game nights that I don't have to be embarrassed about

Question:
The Vigilante archetype Warlock gets a Mystic Bolt. It's damage is described as...
>A mystic bolt deals 1d6 points of damage plus 1 for every 4 vigilante levels the warlock has.

Does that mean it only does 1 extra point of damage for each four levels, like, 1d6+1, then 1d6+2, then 1d6+3?
Because feels way too weak, but it looks like what the rules say.

Or is it supposed to mean 1d6+1, then 2d6+2, then 3d6+3, and so on?
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes---paizo-inc/warlock

The RAI is probably +1d6 per four levels. RAW it's +1 per four levels.

No.

Definitely not

To all who are wondering how to counter initiators by non-initiators:
Cushion The Blow exists and it renders all strikes (as well as many boosts) worthless.

Ah, a psionic only option. So very applicable...

Well, manifesters are technically not initiators. :^)

>not having a Vitalist in the party

Honestly though casters/manifesters already have a ton of ways to avoid even getting hit. I want a solution for martials.

>Not using SoP to replace vancian/psionics

>I want a solution for martials.

>2016
>playing a non-initiator martial
Seriously, though, there are things like crane wing, or opportune riposte, or whatever.

>replacing Psionic with SoP
How's that internal balance? Though, I will agree it's better to replace Vancian with SoP
And this is coming from a guy who actually spent money on all the handbooks

PoW feels way too vidya for me to enjoy in a ttrpg. All those special moves that need to be recharged and such.

Not perfect but still beats the hell out of vancian and psionic stuff.

>beats the hell out of Psionic
I would like to call bullshit. If anything, Psionics is vastly more balanced than SoP.
You recharge automatically between encounters, you can regain mid combat, and most of the mundane maneuvers are based on actual fighting techniques

>renamed vancian spells only more flexible
>balanced

>rl techniques only work once until you do nothing for six seconds, or grant you Scent, Detect Evil, absorb spells, etc.

To be fair I admit that did specify mundane maneuvers and I missed that before

>renamed vancian spells only more flexible
>maneuvers
>more flexible
u wot m8? Show me a maneuver that can replicate the effects of Suggestion, Wall of [Insert material here], Wish, or minor image (that one veiled moon maneuver doesn't count because you can only use it to make an image of yourself)

Maneuvers are the opposite; comparatively less flexible, but generally more powerful and combat-oriented

Paizo devs pop into this /pfg/ *right now* and ask, quite sincerely, what we would want to see in an AP!

What do you say?

Hard mode: It needs to use the current Golarion
Nightmare mode: It needs to be something they would find agreeable
Dante Must Die Mode: The devs visiting are Jessica Price and Crystal Frasier

>If anything, Psionics is vastly more balanced than SoP.

Reading comprehension. Try looking at more then the second half of the post I replied to

I just want a good campaign where you play as a group of thieves or other organized criminals,

Pathfinder is about as "freeform" as your mother is chaste.

It's one of the most crunchy, rules-heavy, caster-supremacy systems ever born from the ungodly mess that was 3.5.

You mean like "Council of Thieves?"

well fuck my nostrils

The summary for that AP says nothing to suggest you actually play as thieves. Even the player's guide gives a pretty vague premise, and I wasn't about to go purely by the name.

I want a Rahadoum AP where chaotic religion saves the day while lawful euphoria is helpless.

Like, legit, I just want to see the tears that would be shed all over /pfg/ if this happened. Crystal, hear my call!

>play as thieves
>good
Council of Thieves fulfills neither of these criteria. It's barely even a campaign.

I can see Milani, Shelyn and Sarenrae spearheading that adventure!

I want actual, respectful representation, not the hamfisted, defined entirely by sexual preference or gender identity mockeries that tge APs have been featuring. So, nothing they would ever agree to write.

I want a trench-running AP set in the mana wastes where you eventually end the problem of the location's rampant magic by turning the entire place into a dead magic zone that stands as a bulwark against the myriad threats of magic.

Hard Mode: Mana Wastes
Nightmare Mode: The antagonists are Lawful as hell, profiting off the constant war in the region, while the group you are fighting with is a plucky group of CG revolutionaries trying to end the war economy.
Dante is Kill: One of the leaders of the anti-magic force is a gay man with a loving husband, an adopted daughter and a fantastic moustache who goes around righting wrongs and training women to fight.

But it's called Council of Thieves, it's about thieves just like Jade Regent is about Minkai!

Has anyone ever called Paizo out on the fact Hell's Rebels is literally Council of Thieves 2.0?

Is there any decent low CR undead races?

Jiang-Shi looks cool but you can't play it unless you have 5 levels in stuff already.

Ghoul maybe?

Well, it is. Armorist is worthless next to a Soulknife.

And that makes it balanced how? You're comparing classes for two fifferent systems, pointing out the one from the higher power system is better, and claiming that somehow makes the high powered system balanced.

Yes, it's better balanced for high power shenanigans, which are quite literally the only reason you should care about PF.

No, it is just that Soulknife does what Armourist tries to do but better and in a more sensible way.
Mageknight fills the role of Armourist better than Armourist in real terms, especially if you go Doomblade.

Nit him, but Soulknife is low to mid Tier 3, while Armorist barely scrapes in at Tier 4. Thematically their supposed to be the same, but the Soulknife does the job much more efficiently while the Armorist can barely do its job due to summon equipment eating the same resources as its magic, and being mostly only good at hitting things in the same level as a Fighter, just with more money to spend since he has his own equipment.

SoP is plenty high powered, just not as crazy as vancian and psionics. Really, if you like things that over the top, I recommend Exalted.

I'd legitimately join this campaign.

>I've never read psionics in any edition, yet I am still an expert

There's a good argument to be made that full manifesters are overpowered(and certainly Psions are a t2 class), but saying that they're just renamed vancian spells is bullshit, plain and simple.

Did I not just say that being stronger doesn't necessarily make it more balanced? Never had any issues with armorist, but soulknife causes plenty of headaches when DMing.

The final would basically be following a fabulously gay moustache-man into battle against the board of directors and CEO of a wizard PMC.

How does Soulknife of all things cause problems? It is basically a martial that can actually do what it needs to do well while still having a few tricks available.

Psionics is squarely Tier 3 magical system. The only thing that gets even close to Vancian levels is Psychic Reformation, and that's it. SoP had massive power disparity between Spheres and classes. Just compare Conjuration Sphere to Light, it Incanter to Armorist. Psionics classes, meanwhile, are much closer to eachother in terms of power and capability, especially since Psionics has much more limitations on their use due to both PP requirements and caps.

I used psionics plenty before SoP came along. All the problems are still there.

Freddie Mercury?

He is now.

This sounds like it would be manliest AP ever made.

>but soulknife causes plenty of headaches when DMing.
How? Are you just an incapable DM? Do you lack even a basic understanding how both it and Psionics works? Their essentially the same class, with the Soulknife have slightly more versatility. Heck, on initial release the Soulknife was actually considered too weak, hence why they've had to buff it overtime

>All the problems are still there.
Which ones? Care to share with the class instead of bitching about vagaries and your irrational hatred?

Needs to end with the president reminding the party they cannot touch him due to a geas, until the CEO says "you're fired" and the group now has the greenlight to open fire.

>Golarion Freddie Mercury and also Big Boss
this AP sounds hype as fuck, too bad the caster-babbies would cry about how they wouldn't be able to use their magic

>soulknife causes headaches
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Come now. Even if an Aegis/Warsoul starts packing XASERs it's just a matter of "entire character causes high damage once everything is added up", no different from all the other high damage characters except not *completely-fucking-worthless* outside of just doing said numbers.

Which actually leads to *less* total annihilation in your campaign, because the character has more than just a hammer in his toolkit.

Seriously though.
Soulknife.

The Armorist is exactly in the same boat as first-version soulknives were. That is to say, it's shit. It's complete shit, and if you're "having no issues with it" it's because the rest of the party's been carrying the Armorist so well you didn't notice just how badly the Armorist was lagging behind.

Or well maybe the party's like crane-wing monks or somethin I dunno.

You know, I really would like the Armourist to be good.
Perhaps giving it some way to animate the suits of armour it makes to fight from multiple locations or put them on enemies as restraints and stuff would be cool.

Nah, Full Psion/Wilder are in fact Tier2. They might be low on 2 depending on their archetypes though especially without Reformation (2's plenty powerful though, not saying everyone needs reformation)

They have the teleports, the planeshifts, the divinations, the Save-Ors, the summons, the heals, the blasts, the "NO ACTUALLY THIS HAPPENS", the genesis torpedoes, and so on and so forth.

They're perfectly capable of pulling out abilities that flat-out redefine what is or is no longer an adventure to their party. They may only have a small handful of said abilities at a time even compared to sorcerers, but they have them.

Can anybody recommend a good compatible campaign setting, and a good module that takes place within or is easily made to fit that setting?

By "compatible," I mean either actually made for Pathfinder, or made for 3.5 since the two can essentially plug-and-play together.

All these anons getting mad over a game they don't even play in.

But hey, maybe you're right. When I think about it, the class isn't do bad, just that itgets access to some bullshit psionics feats. So, allow soulknife and ban all psionic feats?