Warhammer: 40,000 General

FAQ Draft is 100% Legal and Carved In Stone Edition.
No news of Imperial Armour 14 sub-edition
SoB are still not updated and people forget they even exist as an army sub-sub edition.
Duplicate File For General: Fuck You Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24585
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What was positive about the FAQ?.

My glorious dream of having a Wraith Host ferried by Dark Eldar Raiders and a Wave Serpent with a Webway Portal have been crushed...but this also means I can play something else and not be a cheesemongering fuckface.

First for this thing got buffed but gg it still sucks

Are Necrons still memetastic? I've been out of the game for a few years

This is "Musical Wounds" all over again
>Ork players comb their codex for ways to make their shit slightly more viable
>cobble together rules (gubbins) to make something consistent
>...
>GW takes it away

kek
*sob*

>*sob*

Triggered. We don't even have any medium tanks, or AA, or flyers, or FoW.

TRIGGERED.

Tabletop? Sure. They're pretty fun in my opinion. Lots of neat stuff to use if you're not a WAACfag.

As for fluff? They have personality now instead of "lol kill all life cuz". But GW hasn't really done anything with them apart give them a load of great Relics in Shield of Baal.

I can't believe Thousand Sons managed to become even worse with this FAQ.
At least before the Sorcerer could maybe potentially cast Doombolt and Tzeentch's Firestorm or Force up in the same turn if you had nothing better to do with the charges.

I'm confused by what you meant with "we"...

Right?

Ahriman got a gigantic kick in the nads with this.

What happened to psykers in the FAQ?

>Blood Angels
>Likely the most psychically gifted loyalist chapter
>Mephiston beats the Black Rage, becoming something more powerful
>Unlocks the full potential of his gene-seed, something nobody has ever done before
>Becomes stronger, faster, tough, a better pysker
>BA are already super powerful psykers and he just got buffed to insane levels
>1/4 of the way into Shield of Baal
>the fluff is written based on events that GW achieves in a battle report
>ohmygod.jog
>Meph (in fluff and likely on table) charges 3 Maleceptors and gets overwhelmed pyschically

Why? Why did they do this? All it did was make Mephiston look like a fucking bitch, an idiot and then a cry baby as he becomes a netlisting faggot who goes "FINE I'LL MAKE A PSYCHIC HOOD WHICH IGNORES THE SHADOW IN THE WARP!". Except it's 15 points and you can only have one relic, and woops, Mephy can't take it anyway and woops, Mephy doesn't have a ++ save, despite being a melee pysker and woops he's only ML3 and has lost one of his rolls to Sanguine Sword

Blood Angels are built up to be knocked down, it seems. Sevrin Loth is just super OP cause reasons. Tigirus can look into the Hive Mind itself, while Meph can't even take on three Maleceptors. Njal manages to conjure a storm to set off tetonic explosions in Prefectia.

Mephy, despite being the strongest, toughest, fastest and apparently one of the most powerful pyskers in the Imperium, he can't do jack shit. Either on TT orfluff. Melee or Pysker.

I mean me and my sister

Can't cast more than your ML number of powers.

They actually confirmed ML = Max number of powers cast like they should have done in the beginning instead of the vague as fuck meaningless bullshit they used in the BRB.
Also stopped multiple psykers in the same unit from casting the same power someone else in the unit already used.

Nothing people just didn't read the rulebook where it says, "The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his
Mastery Level."

This'll probably make powers that cost multiple warp charges a bit more usable, since it'll be harder to spam the cheap ones.

This ML thing. I always assumed you could cast as many as your level.

For exampme. Mephiston would be.

1. Quickening
2. Sanguine Sword
3. Force Activation (that's a 'spell', right?)

And then you can't do anything else and unless you got lucky with Electroshield, you don't bother. Warpmetal armour isn't bad thou.

Oh, then why the fuck are people complaining if nothing changed? I mean, psykers will ALREADY only have 1 more power than they can cast by default. So an ML3 libby will have 3 powers, plus the primaris. He then has to pick 3 out of the 4 to cast each turn.

That was already a thing in this game. Yet people are now bitching about it?

Nigger please. Wraiths are the best point for point unit in the game, on top of being a huge pain in the ass to deal with.
And that decurion formation is the original gangster on the block.

>mfw I don't even know how pyskers work in 40k
>mfw I don't know how the phase works
>mfw I don't know what a warp charge is, how to get it or what things do

Gargantuan not having cover if they are not 25% obscured.
Finally.

is it time my fellow magpies? to be great again or anything that counts?

Have you considered opening a rulebook?

I know user, I just said if you weren't a WAACfag and used some of the other interesting units. You could have fun. I like lots of the shit they have.

Like the Tesseract Ark or Canoptek Sentinel.

> mfw I own 7 librarians
> mfw they never see the tabletop
> mfw my memory is so shot to hell, that even if I bring them, I wouldn't be able to use them because I'll just forget they even exist.
> mfw this sometimes happens even if I bring the cards and set them in the middle of the damn table

>Oh, then why the fuck are people complaining if nothing changed?
I'd assume that people never actually went through the rulebook an instead just did what other people told them was correct.

The way they phrased it also made it inadvertantly sound like normal vehicles DO get cover without being 25% obsucred as well, although that'd be a very odd change.

I lost the BRB book. I should maybe download it, but I had hoped for a simple thing like

>roll dice
>that's how many warp charges you have
>you can now cast up to your ML in spells per phase
>left over is used to dispel/block stuff

>I lost the BRB book. I should maybe download it, but I had hoped for a simple thing like
There is a pdf in the OP.

>let's just make this phase as complicated as fucking possible for no good reason

Why not just give each psyker a dedicated power or set of powers they can directly pick from, and then during shooting they roll to cast it?

Rolls:

>5+ to cast without using a mastery level (could cast max of 1 power this way)

>4+ to cast if you use one mastery level

>3+ to cast if you use two mastery levels (if you have them)

etc.

And you could split your mastery levels. So if you're ML 4 you can cast 4 powers on 4+, 2 powers on 3+, one power on 2+, etc.

Oh, well if you wanted a quick rundown.

You roll a d6, and each player adds the total mastery level of all their psykers. That's how many warpcharges each person gets.

Any psyker can spend warpcharges to cast powers they know, up to their mastery level.

The opposing player can use their warpcharges to try and deny.

>"The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his Mastery Level."
But that doesn't actually fucking tell you anything meaningful.
Was it because that your ML was the casting limit or was it that having a higher mastery level meant you would have more warp charges and thus could cast more spells? Until the FAQ happened you could have argued for either.

A ML3 Psyker who stuck in one discipline would have 5 powers, including Force.

They are bitching because Librarius power spam. Also, a ML3 has 5 powers if he does Psychic focus. The 3 rollls, the primaris and focus.

All in all it would be a good FAQ if it hadn't buffed the Tau and Eldar to the sky while gimping Orks, CSM, Deldar and (depending on your playstyle) guard.

And yes, this comes from a marine player that ran a librarius of nearly 1000 points. Fuck, I will miss my two relics for Chapter Master Blingasius.

So with this FAQ nerfing the VSG and Tankbustas, this is my only viable ork list.

C&C?

CAD-
HQ-
- Big Mek (Kustom Force Field, Da Finkin’ Kap, 2x Grot Oiler)-105
- Zhadsnark Da Rippa-150

No Slot-
- Mek-15
- Mek-15

Troops-
- 15x Warbikers (Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole)-310
- 15x Warbikers (Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole)-310

Heavy Support-
- 5x Lootas (3x Meks, 3x Grot Oilers)-99
- 4x Mek Guns (4x Traktor Kannon, 4x Ammo Runts, 1x additional grot)-135
- 4x Mek Guns (4x Traktor Kannon, 4x Ammo Runts, 1x additional grot)-135

Lord of War-
- Kustom Stompa (Krusha Ball, Mega-Klaw, 2x Kannon, 2x FlameBelcha, 2x Grot Bomm Launcha, Red Paint Job, Supercharger)-575

1850/1850

Party in the stompa with the meks, self explanatory.

>777

Praise be! Me too, but I actually have a reason to forgetting shit. Got a head injury, makes unimportant ot difficult stuff fade away. It's why I like physical codex, allows me to read stuff and remember it, visually.

/blog

You'll get to use them one day. Conclave isn't too insane now.

Trumpykins will do it user.

Buying Psychic powers would be great. I can see min-maxing issues cropping up, but being able to get a power reliably adds to the personality of characters in your force.

Aye I'm doing it now.

Right. That's the bit I didn't get, the adding up bit.

Cause, I seem to remember, there is a formation in Warzone Damocles for the Imperial Guard which can make the formation ML8 in total. Which obviously would mean lots of charges if you have a Lib Conclave nearby as well.

Thanks user.

I could really use some feedback on my list. it's 1500 pts with three detachments. IG/FW IG/Admech with an emphasis on killing tau faggotry via the Beasthunter shells.

>IG/735
>Pask/Punisher+Bolter Sponsons+Lascannon
>Exceutioner+Plasma Sponsons+Lascannon

>Veterans+Carapace+Flamer+Taurox
>Veterans+CamoGear+GLauncherx3+Autocannon+Chimera
the Servitors will be in the Chimera
>Wyvern

IG/FW Detach:430
>Vanquisher+Commander+Co-Axial Stubber+Artificer Hull+LasCannon+Beast Hunter Shells

>Troops
>Vanquisher+Lascannon+CoAxial Stubber+Beast Hunter Shells

admech/270
>Techpriest Dominus

>Troops
>Destroyer Servitors

Who the fuck is that supposed to be in the OP image between the renegade/LatD and the Scion?

I didn't mean buying, I mean literally in each unit entry they get powers they have automatically or can choose between. Characters would have set powers permanently.

Is Zhad still legal to take?

Eldar Corsir army. Good idea or bad idea?

Yep. The Kustom Stompa is far more out of date, Zhad is more recent than the Daemons codex.

I think a better balance would be buying the spells you want and then rolling for them. So say, Endurance, Warp Speed, Iron Arm, Electroshield, Might of Heroes. The more you have, the more it costs.

So you got these spells in a 'table' you then roll. I dunno, basically I'm suggesting you make your own table by buying the powers you want. Then rolling on that table.

That way, you get 6 powers you want, but you don't get all 6. You get 3 (you don't get Lore Mastery if you use custom table).

This kinda crops the flexibility of many characters. Tigurius stuck with one discipline comes to mind; librarians were only mildly useful thanks to being able to roll on the tables to counter some builds on the go.

Yea, unlike tumblr, I would rather not go into the details of why my memory is so bad. I'm starting to bring librarians more now, since the cards came out that I can have right in front of me. Apparently the Lib conclave is pretty beastly when attached to a 10-man Honour Guard. I had a 5k game where the Invisible, Gates of Infinity, Enduranced' guys with 2+ saves managed to tank the entire combined shooting of the tau army across the board.

That being said, I don't take reserves of any kind at all. They suffer the same problem for me that psykers used to have.

It's another scion, but the Operator-tier one. People liked the beret guys more so put them as 'leaders' with the Operator-tier one below it.

I'm an ork player and I balk at the prospect of ever buying that piece of shit that is the Orkanauts.

GW will have to make the game actually work before I buy that pregnant dread.

What do you run? As in, what Chapter? I'm sad that Loth can't fit into a Conclave.

Who says they couldn't still counter stuff? Only now you could counter more intentionally and specifically if you had powers you could choose from already given to you.

>Buying Psychic powers would be great.
The current way is fine. You really don't wan't me to consistently have a 2+ invulnerable save re-rolling 1's on my screamers.

Every army used this tactic to some extent, though. I used it to kill Knights with a unit of charging Fire Warriors.

Yeah right. Try countering a wraithguard unit with a biomancy Loth. Or a fearless blob with a divination Tigurius.

Kinda a good concept though.

Ah, I run Raptors. Pretty much the only guys I have that would go in reserves are my Hammernators and Cataphractiis. I also used to have one of those stormtalons, but I sold it to the LGS.

My main strategy for competitive games right now is to have Lias Issodon infiltrate Grav-Cannons into shooting range on turn 1. In more casual games, I just stick to a single demi-company led by "Generic Captain 1"

I'm Tau, too. I just kinda zone out during that phase.

Nullzone is a godsend for this bullshit.

ok i gotta ask, where is anyone seeing these FAQs? i've got a tournament starting tomorrow and i want to be on top of this stuff

...what? They wouldn't have just one table. They would get powers to PICK from--that could be any power from any table they already have, or it could be specific ones balanced around them. They wouldn't be locked into one table.

Still missing the genestealers, tho.

WH40k FB page. It's an album of pictures in order with page.

pffft
>you don't see the other "Imperial Ally" forces complaining about their lack of options

Yeah, but do you need your fire warriors to be able to kill knights?

>lack of complaining from allies

ok here we go

>scions need chimeras, snipers, more navy-SEAL-in-space shit

>Inquisition needs multiple acolyte types with different statlines and reasonably-priced wargear

>Skits need something other than a maniple and war convo

>assassins are boring, overpriced and bad

Sure, not ever codex is as well rounded as SM/IG but my point remains.
>sisters players complain the most of all allies
>literally "orks and nids" tier complaining when they have so many fluffy allies

>Vehemence attack pattern.
Once again MC>Vehicles
>Intolerance
>Lul fuk Burnabommas
>Indomitable
>Twice as useless.
>Fortitude
>Lul fuck Wazbomms KFF and the formation too

After this and the FAQ I'm just gonna put my Orks in storage and cheese up my Eldar, If I can't have fun, noone else will either.

Not bad, they are pretty mid tier. They are everything Dark Eldar should be.

>Q: If a unit consists of more than one Faction, what Faction does the unit count as when targeted by special abilities that affect one of the Factions in that unit?
A: They count as having all the Factions of the models in the unit.

does that mean sticking a tyranid prime in a broodkin unit makes them suddenly get buffs from nidstuff? stick a commissar lord in a spess marin squad to give them orders?

If I played sister I'd mostly complain just because shite metal models that look like manfaces.

I want to buy some paints, but I don't need any models right now.

I am tempted though to buy a knight box, but I would never be able to field a renegade knight for logistical reasons, let alone two.

Also as powerful as knights are I am very conditioned now to be instantly wary of any unit over 300 points. My codex is full of too many bloated options that achieve too little.

Tankbusta bombs count as melta bombs, which are not grenades. So the ruling does not affect tankbustas. If anything, they are even more valuable now.

>IG
>well rounded

They're doing pretty bad.

>SM
>well rounded

It's basically a bunch of OP bullshit propping up overcosted power armor units that every other army is designed to be cheaper than and more powerful than.

Melta bombs are grenades, as they're listed under the grenades section.

>melta bombs, which are not grenades.
>GRENADES OF THE 41st MILLENNIUM

advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24585

Tau seems happy with the FAQ.

My mistake, you are both correct. Thank god I don't run tankbustas holy shit.

So can Orks just no longer deal with Imperial Knights?

I own 22 tankbustas.

I'm thinking I might sell them along with the rest of my orks. The new flyer update and then nerfs to VSG's and Tankbustas is really putting the nail in the coffin for Ork viability.

>Leave for three days to supervise kids on a school camp
>Return to scans of the new Ork flyers
>They're shit
>Check the new scans of new Flyers rules
>Shit for Orks
>Check the FAQ
>Orks' best unit nerfed to dogshit level

And they said codex specific FAQs are coming out in a few weeks. I can't wait to see what delicious surprises are in store there. They'll probably destroy our last competitive build by removing Nobs in a Naut.

On a side note, was anyone else blown away by how many questions in the FAQ were ones that were blatantly answered in the rulebook?

>On a side note, was anyone else blown away by how many questions in the FAQ were ones that were blatantly answered in the rulebook?

No, because even on Veeky Forums faggots can't be bothered to read the rules.

Pretty much. I guess that a Klawstompa can deal with one, but those cost way more than a knight, and knights can have more than 1/army in most tournament formats.

This is why I'm getting depressed about my viability here.

I used to be able to sacrifice a 130 point unit by having them jump out of a Gunwagon, kill a knight, and die in the explosion. Now they don't do shit.

it's going to be some massive nerfs for Orks is my bet.

GW could fix this by just flat-out increasing eldar points and buffing the shit out of orks, but I have lost all hope a long that GW gives a fuck about ork players

At least wait until they finalize and cement these into actual rules, plus the codex specific FAQs. People are complaining about the grenades in melee thing all over the place so maybe it won't stick. Orks are my first army and I too have considered selling them but with my luck they'll get revamped the moment I let them go. The flyer update fucking sucks though. I was days away from buying two dakkajets. In a way I'm glad I can spend the money elsewhere but I'm bummed they're getting nerfed so badly.

>FAQ says you can use blasts against Flyers and FMC if they have Skyfire
>Oh sweet, all Flyers can have Skyfire if they choose
>Most Flyers now lose Skyfire

It's like poetry.

>Fast Skimmer passengers must fire SS if it goes over 6"
Fuck Offffffffffffff

I doubt the tournament starting tomorrow will use those FAQ:s yet as those are an early draft

It rhymes.

>Tfw play orks, eldar and CSM

So anyone have any experience with the new corsairs army list?

Its the only flavor of eldar not played at the local shop and I thought I would look into it

>If the vehicle jinks, passengers have to SS
Thank fuck my list only has 2 units on transports

you can't play eldar and bitch.

I play CSM, Guard, and BA, I get to bitch

You all demanded GW fix the game and make more FAQs.

Now look. They actually managed to break the game even harder despite setting out to fix it.

You should've just let GW do its thing. It wouldn't have been good but it'd have been better than this.

>I wish GW would update the FAQs

FM's remain infinitely better than Flyers as a result of that stupid Fucking supplement. They just get to hit flyers with templates now. Because fuck vehicle flyers.

What if all I want is plastic sisters? No rules even, just plastic

flying monstrous creatures are the bane of my fucking existence.

Okay, you get female heads/boob plates to convert space marines for an extra 50$ for 3 heads/torsos

They look like tau females

Been spouting it for months and being told I was wrong, fucking knew I was correct about it.

>metal SoB are turned into Finecast "plastic"
>no updates for SoB for decades since they got "an entire range update"

Blitz Brigade is kill.

I'm happy that jinking FMC's can't vector strike.

I'm pissed that jinks can be done in overwatch.

I'm happy psychic powers with no profile automatically hit.

I'm super happy that GMC's and SHV now have to declare all shots and all targets before any to hit rolls are made.

What are your favourite contradictions in the FAQ though??