Post a spaceship, talk about spaceships

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_lifting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Valkyrie
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Comfy.

The Daedalus is awesome. One of the best ships in sci fi. For me at least

The exocarrier Resolute was fucking sexy.

Dunno why but I like this model

And valkyrie project ships are a pretty fukkin cool practical starship design, if you can figure out how to mass produce antimatter.

And I adore ships with unusual geometry, torus habitats, weird configurations that suggest some kinda superscience drive... I'm tired of skyscrapers on their side with blue flames coming off the back.

>if you can figure out how to mass produce antimatter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_lifting

I don't have any pictures on hand, but I love the ships with a small bubble on the back and a long leaf-like hull out on the front, if anyone has pics I'd greatly appreciate it.

If the Normandy is supposed to be stealthy, why are there exposed engines on the wing?

It coasts on stealth power, if I remember right.

Nigga they've figured out fucking hard light, they've probably got a million technobabble reasons it's stealthy.

that makes sense
>bad design is okay because of handwaving
image related

>he doesn't know about JO crystals

How about a spaceship that turns into a colossal robot?

The Valkyrie project's ships' problem isn't the production of antimatter, it's the containment thereof. That's why they need the unobtainium. It's a room temperature superconductor which makes the process incredibly more efficient. Earlier models of interstellar ships in the Avatar-verse had to rely on regular old superconductors, which meant half the mass of the ship had to be filled with coolant and it wasn't any good for carrying as much load as it had to.

How about a spaceship that doesn't even need to transform to fire it's colossal death laser and is revered as a god by the races it helped to seed across the galaxy?

>The Valkyrie project's ships' problem isn't the production of antimatter
It very much is. Maybe not in the movie, but the movie didn't invent Valkyrie.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Valkyrie

Time for worShip. Although it isn't a really visual ship.

This is literally a kitbash of an Eagle Transporter from Space 1999 and SID from UFO. Both Gerry Anderson shows.

Why would you not want it to transform into a giant robot?

REAL NIGGA HOURS

That's not even the best Giant Robot Spaceship.

My granddad bought me a transforming action figure of this when I was like four, I bet it's still in a box somewhere in the attic. I always told myself I'll give it to my brother if I had one but by the time I had a brother, 12 years have passed and no kid his age was into action figures anymore that weren't on an ipod. You brought a tear to my eye right now.

Although I've never played the game, I really like the aesthetics of Fractured Space's ships.

>standing in front of the fucking propulsion

I think the perspective/depth are improperly realized, he's not actually behind the exhaust.

>The only thing between you and the vacuum of space is six feet of solid style

Yeah I accidentally typed 3 instead of e.

You know... i might as well ask this ... but where do you pilot it from?

Like the window at the front of the ship is right over the kitchen countertop on the top floor.

and the bed on the second.

That appears to be a module in a larger assembly, look at the bottom right.

True but the illustration implies they also fly on their own. separate from the main assembly. so.. how do they do that?

unless its somehow psychically powered by that neural receiver.

>having to go through the bathroom to get to the bedroom

Sims tier architect detected

I really hate this series of pictures.

It's probably controlled by some kind of central operator/unit, the propulsion isn't meant for it to travel, but just to shuffle to a different position in the assembly or move to another assembly.

There's also no shower or bathing unit of any kind.

If I had to guess I would say through the Neural Receiver on the top right or maybe automatically. I would imagine even that whole unit isn't by itself a ship, maybe these pods move around a very large ship depending on the inhabitants tasks from industrial centers to storage bays.

Why specifically?

Not him, but almost all of them have an absolutely fucking awful interior layout.

I noticed this as well. Also
>Taking food from the kitchen to the dining table
>Risk spilling hot food onto the computer they decided to sit in the middle of the hallway every fucking time

Eldar Craftworld - Size of a small planet, guarded by enough firepower to wipe out an Imperial Sector fleet.

I think it's the desk in the middle with the holographic model.

Moya is CUTE!

Should I even ask why that starburst is there?

>ywn captain a command carrier and protect all civilizations from the Scarran menace

Feels bad man.

Umm, excuse me, what does God need with a star ship?

>there will never be a game set in not so distant future where mega corporations battle with each other in our solar system
>There will never be a game where you fly around in a ship that takes months to get anywhere

Nexus's first few missions were the best shit, then it went and did a U turn and became your average Sci-fi game with pew pew lasers, aliens and energy shields.

I really want this too, but I'm too lazy to make up rules for FTL-less interplanetary travel for my Traveller campaign.

>>there will never be a game set in not so distant future where mega corporations battle with each other in our solar system
>>There will never be a game where you fly around in a ship that takes months to get anywhere
Jovian Chronicles.

Just uh.... just remove the mechs.

Orbital.

The longest ranged effect is barely more than twice its width (or even length)?

Source?

>measuring a starship's mass in tons

We don't evenm know if that's tons of steel or tons of feathers. It could weigh anything.

It's space tons, son. In space all the tons weight the same regardless of their mass.

Absolutely. The Daedalus-class Battlecruisers from the Stargate shows are an amazing design for a military starship.

Are we taking about the same ship?

>implying space tons weigh anything

>literally every joke goes over his head

One thing i always wondered why they changed the entire ship designs after getting the Yamato.

Because the old ones were made of the same stuff that the Federation makes GM's out of.
Whereas if you make them look like space battleships, they get plot armour.
Also giant superlasers.

Aww yeah, the stiletto was my prefered ship.

Spaceships?

Spaceships.

Fancy spaceship.

While the caldari ships are usually ugly as fuck, I do find their lack of aesthetics kind of charming.

>Their lack of aesthetics is aesthetically pleasing.

Although some of them are sexy.

You should meme that as
>they look adorably retarded

Original ship, do not steal.

Another completely unrelated ship flying through.

[muffled "Ike ike bokura no gunbuster" plays in the background]

Alright rebels, looks like you all need a history lesson in the GREATEST SHIP EVER MADE! It's not some god killing weeabo ship, or a stupidly sized hunk of shit, it is the IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER

>1,600 meters of pure naz- Germ- Imperial Durasteel
>Gemon 4 Ion Engines for the fastest death racer since Speed racer joined death race
>Class 2 Hyper Drive for ZOOMING high speed chases in the blue of hell space
>Its got shields to, to block out pesky rebel lasers
>Taim and bak XX9 Heavy Turbolaser guns, 60 of them. Taim and Bak is THE SMITH AND WESSON OF THE STARS
>Borstel NK7 Ion Cannons, 60, because you should stop and submit for inspection anyway
>10 count it 10 Phylon 7 Tractor Beam Projectors for the ULTIMATE TUG OF WAR
>72 Tie Fighters the ultimate in imperial throw away's
>8 Fancy Fuck Lambda class T4a Shittles
>20 AT AT Walkers, you can park these fucks outside your ship and use them as a fucking broad side, YOU HEAR THAT MISTER JEROD!
>30 ATST's or maybe you prefer the ATDP I DONT KNOW I LOVE BOTH
>15 Trooper transports because you need to go places right?
>Over 9000 OFFICERS
>27k or so enlisted youth corps space men
>9.7k Storm Troopers of the Cardia Core

With enough food for 2 years it can stay doing FUCK ALL for as long as the rebels need to just flat out die out.

This ship is infact so damn big I needed a whole another post for it, you undstand this!?

Okay carry on.

You need to stop drinking the imperial kool-aid.

Rebel scum!

youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Yeah, yeah, get it out of your system.

Best part is, rebel. THAT SHIP IS KUAT DRIVE IMPERIAL MADE

>You need to stop drinking the imperial kool-aid.
>posts an Imperial project
top kek

>you can only appreciate imperial designs if you sperg out about them

Next he's going to post this, I'll bet.

>Going to post a stolen Imperial Design
>Not just going to post the Tie Hunter

Step up your game REBEL

Too bad there are very few high-res images of Alliance/Union/Company ships

On the outside note of Star Wars, I am supprised no one has posted Honorverse ships, allow me to post first!

I only have the Falcon, the medical frigate and a shitload of Star Destroyers though.

>Honorverse

What's wrong with it?