EDH/Commander general

Manly group slug edition

>RESOURCES

mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

>Do you enjoy seeing/playing group slug?
>Who would you say is the best commander for the archetype?

Other urls found in this thread:

hareruyamtg.com/jp/k/kD081120/
starcitygames.com/article/30505_Updating-Obliterator-Rock.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-05-16-karn-silver-golem/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-05-16-tasigur-the-golden-fang-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-03-16-ashling-edh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You really should try playing Oloro breh. You might like it.

Nah I'd end up playing suicide Esper tokens with it or something

I think Anya could make a good group slug / MLD / boardwipe commander.

I just switched from Mogis to Kaervek and man the deck got a ton better

Gahiji is pretty fun, since he makes your opponents swing at each other for a crapload of damage

Reposting because last time was at 3 AM as the thread died:
I was going to get my friend a cool foil for their birthday, nothing too expensive but you know, something to show that I remembered. His favorite deck is Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord. I was planning on getting a Deckmasters foil Necropotence for him, thoughts? Any other GB foils that won't break the bank but are nice?

I built a list for Token Gahiji. He's like having an overrun for a general.

Judge Pernicious Deed is only 50 bucks. Greater Good is like 30.

More than I would spend on a magic card, but it is a birthday, so that seems reasonable.

You could also get judge Hermit Druid for 20 and then stop playing EDH.

Reanimate promo or premium is cheap.

Necropotence is nice, but I find it awkward in Jarad due to it interfering with Dredge and discard.
Go with one of these. Or a judge Crucible if you feel very generous.

Dread Return.

Why is this card 30 fucking dollars, I've never seen it played

Thanks, I'll probably go for Reanimate

Only time I remember it being played was in a fringe Modern deck with Gray Merchant.

It is popular amongst 60 card casuals. I know someone said they've never seen a casual drop 30 bucks on a card, but big spenders do exist.

Lot of monoblack fans out there.

Dont know, but i bought three with current price.
Now i dont know what to do with them.

Did it do well? Reminds me of Bloom Titan being somewhat fringe until that asshole cheated his opening hands and started posting up crazy results. Azusa doubled in price because of that

RIP Bloom Titan I miss you

Can't find the Gary one, but I did find these two:
hareruyamtg.com/jp/k/kD081120/
starcitygames.com/article/30505_Updating-Obliterator-Rock.html
Neither of which I have heard of before, and neither of which justify the price tag. Speculators gonna speculate.

>starcitygames.com/article/30505_Updating-Obliterator-Rock.html
>Phyrexian Obliterator Hypnotic Specter The Rock
>2016
God Bless

Those don't look too bad, but I don't see that driving the price to $30. Shit, the foil isn't even double the price of the normal card

Man I don't like speculators

Is Talrand usually built as hardcore control? I kind of want to build him as Big Blue somehow but I don't see that working

>that deck
Why? You can play Jund instead. Speculators are bullshit. Part the Waterveil went from bulk to a 6 dollar card in one night.

Either counterspells.dec or cantrips.dec are the ways I have seen Talrand played. You want a ton of instants and sorceries.

Thassa is good as big blue, she helps you hit your land drops, then makes fatties unblockable.

What's the rock? Funeral Charm?

The Rock comes from a G/B deck that used Phyrexian Plaguelord and efficient creatures(such as Deranged Hermit), along with removal and disruption to win. It was called "The Rock and his millions" because the guy who came up with it was a wrestling fan.

Was it Legacy? Man they have the best deck names

It was Standard at the time, and later on it was played on Extended.

What are some newer cards you guys think will be EDH staples that haven't caught on enough yet? Pic Related

Do you mean within the last 2-3 years?

Looking for input.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-05-16-karn-silver-golem/

I recently removed Staff of Nin and Howling Mine in lieu of Eon Hub and Extraplanar Lens.

I'm trying to gear it towards passive artifact abilities since my playgroup likes to tutor up artifact hate like Stony Silence.

Wow, I suppose you're right, it doesn't feel that long at all. Anyways i was hoping for cards that just are good that haven't really become as popular as it seems like it should that have been printed recently. I just wanted to mention that card though, I never see it and it does so much for a mono-u card.

Well this isn't particularly recent but god damn it can put in work

I loved this card the moment I saw it. It's funny and thematic and powerful and funny.

I'm always puzzled when I don't see Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx in a mono-colour list. With a decent board presence it's an any-colour Coffers.

Pic related is a new staple in voltron, no question - and it's 50 cents!

cause it's as close to phyrexian negator as we're going to get, and people love nostalgia

That instant that removes a creature then manifests the top of their decks.
Fuggs with top tutors and such. Can't think of the name.
I'll ask the same question for old cards, what are personal favorites that have over performed for you. I personally love canivalize.

>Pic related is a new staple in voltron, no question
Not if you're not in white ;__;

Card is good though. Absolutely won me a draft last week, I drafted 2, got to search for a Haunted Cloak and Skeleton Key and put them both on Odric 2.0 in a RW weenies deck

Shit went off

First of all, I would put Staff of Nin back in, drawing an extra card in MUD is pretty huge, and the ping is surprisingly relevant. I think the more competitive your meta is the better the ping ability will be, it hits Animar, Goblin Welder, Hermit Druid, Dark Confidant, Young Pyromancer, Eternal Witness, and Scooze to name a few.

Oblivion Stone is pretty key to be able to deal with enchantments, though it isn't cheap due to Modern Tron decks.

With only 13 Wastes I don't know what you plan to do with Extraplanar lens but I advise against it.

I quite like Brittle Effigy as an answer to just about any creature than I can target. You pay it's cost over 1 turns and can drop it turn 1 if you want.

I Don't think Cloud Key is great, you don't have many good ways to refill your hand and I think this slot would better be filled with something like Serum Tank.
Sure, I've got a few old cards that I love to pieces
>Bosium Strip
Notable for letting you buyback spells from your graveyard, which a great deal of people don't realize.

But user all the best voltron commanders have white. Who are you running? Skullbriar? Kresh?

Godo

But user all the best voltron commanders apart from Godo have white.

Not him but I run Thrun

Apart from totem armours and Rancor there don't seem to be many good green auras. Is it big on equipment?

>he doesn't know

It's a weird fucking deck, man. It'd get torn apart in a competitive meta. Voltron might have been a bad term for it, it's more "make tokens, buff Thrun, use fight spells"

Branchwood Armor and Might of the Masses are pretty dank

How much infect to kill in edh
My friend says 20 when i hit him with his own blightsteel colossus
Not sure if he is being a shit lord or telling the truth

There's no rule that's set in stone. While loss by poison counters is dictated as 10, it's commonly held that half of your starting life is a good benchmark.

It's 10 unless it's a house rule.

Because in mono-black casual decks it's a T4 5/5 trample "protection from damage".

It's always 10

If somebody tells you otherwise they are either

A-lying
B-wrong
C-cheating (aka houseruling)

I'm looking to make a glissa the traitor toolbox deck, anything secret that I need?

I need some help with this, its very budget since I had most of these cards lying around

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-05-16-tasigur-the-golden-fang-edh/

So, does anyone know of a decklisting site where I can make a notation while making a deck if I have a card or not?

I use Kaseto myself. It's pretty dank 1v1, in Multi-player it's a game to see how many people I can knock out and how fast before I lose. It sometimes even wins games!

What do you mean toolbox deck?

Skittles pls go

Any cool wincons or combos with this dude besides sage of hours? Or just good cards for him in general?

Bioshift lets you go off unexpectedly if you have counters on a mana dork or something

He is the patron saint of Morph, Manifest and Megamorph

Use him well

Also using Kaseto on Mistform Ultimus

I like effects like Wild Beastmaster a lot.

Earthcraft

guys, how do I get into commander? Are the starter decks any good?

They're meant mainly to be played against other precons but some of the commanders are quite good

See if your shop runs an EDH night, say you're new and maybe ask to borrow a deck from someone

A tool box deck makes use of tutor effects to pull out the right tool for the job. In his case, it would seem he plans to use Glissa's recursion effect to use the graveyard as a tool box.

Flash in Necromancy. Chump. Profit.

Bunch of deathtouchers? I dunno

Your friend is being a shitlord. Infect always takes 10 poison counters in any format. Saying otherwise is being retarded or trying to make a house rule.

I went out and bought Skithiryx for my Mimeoplasm deck, legit 2 games later my playgroup changed the rule to require 20 instead of 10. But then again, my playgroup has house banned combos or cards before,

Dude just make Karador. So much more satisfying. Trust me, I killed my Glissa deck to make room, and kdog is way stronger

>My friend says 20 when i hit him with his own blightsteel colossus
He's being a shitbaby, it's 10

Reminder to pick up Dictate of Ererbos while they are cheap if you need one for your deck.

10 cents a year ago and now approaching 3 dollars and will likely continue to increase until it reaches Grave Pacts price point.

Have seen one flashed in in response to a blasphemous act before, that was pretty fun

Guy was playing it in blue/black copy/steal deck

Hedron Archive
Warping Wail
Reality Shift (it can 2 for one if the manifest hits a instant/sorcery/artifact)
Shamanic Revelation
Swan song

>realityshift

still kills me that you cant use a spell that has been manifested

>tfw got a foil for 2 bux when it came out

Again I'm gonna say this card isn't that good, exiling 3 creatures at sorcery speed for 5 mana generally isn't what I want to be doing in a blue deck

gyre sage

So do any of you have a red Ashling deck? I Want to build one how does she run and waht are some must haves?

I have a list I have been working on, it might help you get some inspiration:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-03-16-ashling-edh/

fuck

let's see those playgroups

These are the worst thing since questions in the OP, the same autistic faggots who post these every thread like anyone gives a fuck.

>look at me everyone, I have a nice and diverse playgroup

I'm genuinely interested in seeing what other people have in their playgroups. I'm not asking you to care

Needs rocks

You're genuinely autistic and a faggot, so no one cares what you want. I am asking you to kill yourself though.

Why is it not welcome? It puts my play group into perspective compared to people across the world.

Now updated. I haven't had the chance to play with it yet.

Who's really being autistic here? You're the one getting ass blasted about images posted on a Maori Diving Forum

Maybe, but what would I cut? The list is tight as is.

You are really being autistic, you would be able to tell if it wasn't for your crippling retardation and complete lack of social skills you chodesniffer.

Go be a cunt somewhere else.

Do the world a favor and kill yourself, faggot.

Cut 2 mountains for Flamekin Village and Terrain Generator.

And a third for Valakut.

And a fourth for Ruination.

>chodesniffer

3/10

Why does aisling want flame kin village? She doesn't need haste

>he sniffs chodes