/mtg/ - Standard

Tireless Tracker Gonna Find Out Why The Threads Keep Dying - Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-spirits-of-tithes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nahiri is about to significantly spike in value. Every foil copy has disappeared off ebay. I managed to snag the last one, being as it didn't have "foil" in the description.

I normally only play modern, but this standard looks really nice currently. B/G aristocrats is probably one of my favorite decks of all time so far. Sad that noone plays standard around here

>mfw I bought two this morning

I really need to get two before the spike,it really fits my deck.

Why the hell did Nahiri's price spike?
>tfw have a promo one from pre-release

i just bought dragon shield sleeves

they good?

bump

can't wait for rotation so standard will be fun

This. My soi base is good to go and the extras I have will be enough to trade into a good deck with eldritch moon release. How likely is soi already recently priced cards to rise on rotation when people have to shelve shit like coco and Jace?

I hope a lot. Once Coco and Jace are out, it ruins most of the decks that are dominating standard.

According to some faggot, it sees modern play in Kiki-Chord, hence the spike.

Thanks for the heads up, I have one and I see no place for her in decks that I am running. Maybe I can finally get that mana fixing for modern.

Can anyone please comment on my U/W spirit deck and the ways in which I can make it suck less? It took 4th spot in the top 8 during the game day but it's not enough/consistent. Here's the list:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-spirits-of-tithes/

So far I am considering swapping Reflector mage for orchid knights since they provide mana fixing and I overall find reflectors to be clunky w/o CoCo.

Shouldn't you be asking this question before you buy things?

They're ok. I prefer KMC because they're better for double sleeving and don't become sticky after half a dozen games.

Would Mono B Eldrazi be decent for FNM in a not-super-spikey shop?

I wanna run a more midrangy version with matter reshaper, thought knot, reality smasher, and one or 2 of the big nig titans.

Amy suggestions/lists?

Wait... there are people that unironically not only play Magic: The Gathering, an obsolete card game (in the words of it's own creator, who also designed a better card game) but play the worst format (standard)?

Wait. .. There are people that unironically go on Veeky Forums and still think they're well off enough to judge others?

Many Magic: The Gathering players ask the question "i just bought dragon shield sleeves

they good?".

Dragon Shield's sleeves are among the finest currently on the market, here in the United States, and abroad. With their newer, 'matte' sleeves, Dragon Shield have managed to solve the previous issues of the sleeves going icky, and a, frankly, subpar shuffling experience. It should be noted, however, that they are significantly harder to double sleeve with, and I must strongly advise against doing so, as you may even end up damaging your cards. But for a player who is not interested in double sleeving (perhaps for playing draft down at your local game store) they are the best product available on the market today.

Grade: A-

Henry Cavill not only browses Veeky Forums, he likes to shitpost. So, yeah.

Oh shit that was tight,
Can you do one of him reviewing a sex toy?

I actually like this guy.

I don't think you're getting a bigun out in B even in midrange. You're killing people turn nine, not turn fourteen.

Standard provides for the most competitive lowpower environments. What's wrong with lowpower environments user? They're more competitively varied, offer more interesting problems, and stay interesting via rotation.

Other than requiring a little more money than Modern, why play anything else? Other formats are almost exclusively dominated by decklists that go unchanged for years, often with no interaction.

If you wanted to get off playing solitaire, I could recommend some hgames that would be a better use of your time.

>They're more competitively varied
How does a smaller card pool lead to a larger variety of decks?
>offer more interesting problems
Like what? Am I running blue and thus need 4 Jaces?
>and stay interesting via rotation
Stay expensive more like.

Because the cardpool changes every four months and people don't have time to fully break them and anything "broken" early on is often entirely based around well called meta predictions.

For example white weenies is not only viable it stomped. That's a deck ruined by 4x languish in any deck with black and chump blockers among like eight other ways. The things that pass for "broken" here are adorable in the wider context of magic and figuring out how to play around NPC level opponents in a novel environment is fun.

Jace is a bitch and a half on the meta since his arrival but he only fits three (maybe five if the person just owns them and refuses to not play them) of the top 10 decks.

A problem for everyone was coco. In four colors it was abusive but now we have ways to work around it and it's really not all that much stronger than some other options these days. But yeah sideboarding actually matters so that's something.

I'm told it's expensive but I haven't experienced that yet. I dropped a couple hundred on boxes in the beginning and have gotten everything else draft/fnm-standard and I play some seriously assholish decks. It's not a format you can just buy a deck for and expect it to be able to stick around forever.

Lower maximum power levels means more options as there are more low level cards or strategies that can compete with the things existing as our power caps.

People who can't get over why other people can possibly have a perspective different from theirs are intolerable, like if you want to ask do so without be so condescending and maybe you can glean something from people's discussions in here instead of asking pointless trolling questions.

Anyway, anyone want to help in my quandery?
Was play testing my Mardu control vs eldrazi splash boros googles I am almost brain dead on how I beat it. Do I side board in all my sin prodders? The match feels like whoever can get nahiri to stick first is going to outvalue the other however. Boros seems incredibly consistent and my removal seems almost totally tailored for bant and tolkens. Is it worth it to to side board in my Dragonmaster Outcasts as well?