Warhammer 40k General

Check Your Primarch Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9AaTV4-yw
pastebin.com/QbE4pjvb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you will never be a strong but weak willed gaunt packed tight inside the warm moist confines of a mucolid spore

Courage and honor, Emperor and Primarch, ASTARTES!

youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9AaTV4-yw

>Check Your Primarch
Can't find him.

Primarchs are overrated manbabies.

He's dead ;-;

How much divergence is usually acceptable between how your models look, and their gear/stats on the list?

Built my first unit of Skitarii Rangers before reading the rules carefully enough; now I have two extra special weapons than I'm actually allowed. Can I just hand-wave any visual discrepancies, or is it usually necessary that the models and the list match 100%?

You need to look within Battle-brother. The might of the Lion is within all of the First Legion.

ask your opponent, or if you play in a tournament, abide by the TO's homebrew rules

What you are refering to is WYSIWYG (Wizzy Wig) or What You See Is What You Get.
This is mostly on a group by group basis and is best asked with those you play with but most non-cunts will have no problem with you saying X is Y as long as it is identifiable and you don't try to cheat.
>No,no that wasn't the meltagun, THIS guy was the meltagun

it's better to be on model especially so your aren't tempted to say "you actually killed my regular guy, this is the real special weapon"

GUYS

Who's the VampFag that is attempting to fight El'Johnson?

Is it Cruz or is that supposed to be the corrupted Luther?

The FAQ got me thinking...

YOu can use PotMS to fire at full BS after jinking. Jinking makes you snap fire. SHooting at a flyer without skyfire makes you snap fire.

Does PotMS let you shoot at flyers at normal BS?

They both modify/set the value. But I remember it was a point of contention a while back. Now with only skyfire for fighters it's got me thinking about the Storm Ravens PotMS.

>40000 years into the future, you will never enlist in the imperial guard just to escape the petty politics of your shitty home world and die a death to make the emperor proud

So i heard the new FAQ fucked over the admech War Congregation formation.

Admech/Skitarii now mid tier only. Great. now i have three mediocre armies and one shitty one. should i just give in and buy some tau so i dont play a game of masochism?

OH SHIT

NO

...or maybe yes?

NICE SHOP

>filename

Well of course they are, they're both secret agents of Chaos.

Mark the bases with a dash or number and assign it to the one with correct gear.

nice, you did it right this time

They fucked them over in the sense that they cant be even cheesier and take drop pod allies now.

Whats wrong with mediocre armies? Is your playgroup such shit you have to play something tournament worthy? If so then don't play.

If you don't like or want Tau then even more of a reason to stop.

>Not the Emperor's Barbeque edition.
Am disappoint, user.

>Some men want to watch the world burn. This an an army of these men.

CCS
3 flamers
Heavy flamer

Chimera
2 heavy flamers

Infantry platoon:

PCS
3 flamers
Heavy flamer

Chimera
2 heavy flamers

Infantry squad

Infantry squad
Flamer

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Infantry platoon:

PCS
3 flamers
Heavy flamer

Chimera
2 heavy flamers

Infantry squad
Flamer

Infantry squad
Flamer

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Hellhound
Heavy flamer
30 flamers, 10 heavy flamers, 1 inferno cannon. 1000 points.

>Check Your Primarch
He's right here. And if he tries to go to some other whore I'm gonna kill the bitch

the only secret here, is what Filthy Chaos god YOU serve, heretic!

>they're both secret agents of Chaos.

Do not compare the most loyal soldiers of the Emperor to heretics like the Luna and Space Wolves.

I'd say no. The jinking PoTMS has been a specific allowance.

Its a Vampfag, that is all you really need to know.

Right, ?

Still in stock in other regions, calm your space tits.

Are you really so up yourself that you can only play top-tier factions and the thought of playing anything else fills you with bitterness and regret? Just play what you like, it's better to win with a list you like than win with one that you built just for the sake of winning

I play CSM ;_;

>tfw I have been winning too much and now am toning down my list

I naturally built my first real army a bit too competitively.

>Some other whore
This implies you yourself are one, Curzefag. Are you?

Is this the ultimate anti-nid list?

You should probably just buy some Eldar. They are the more reliably OP faction. Either way you will get to drink the tears of your enemies so it's up to you.

Being a whore isn't a bad thing. I mean c'mon it's 2016.

Any chance to see the new Death from the Skies in the mega or in a torrent soon?

Played my first game using the Infernal Tetrad tonight. That formation is super fun.

Daemon Prince. Currently laughing at what's going on Fenris.

No I'm a pure

Some girl who graduated last year from my high school recently got arrested for trying to sell her body online

Now that tankbustas in melee got shafted, is it more viable to kit a shooty transport with bustas or with lootas for taking out armor? Assuming I have MANz to punch things in melee

Nah.

I was bored. A little writefaggotry

pastebin.com/QbE4pjvb

Wasn't there a searchable FAQ pdf? Searching the archive but to no avail.

> Pink Orks
Fuck, this reminds me of the time I tried to write a fanfic called "Speshul Snowflake an' da' seven squats", featuring Gazhkull and a magic mirror, a white ork named Speshul Snowflake, and obviously seven squats.

I'd say Bustas still. Tank Hunter and the ability to fire while moving seems like it would still be more helpful.

It's in the previous thread.

Not that I have seen. You could check dakka or some other forum but I sure wont.

Took me about 5 seconds to find

>40k fairy tales
This is an interesting concept

Thank you. I'm glad. I looked through 5 threads and unless they spelled PDF, FAQ, or searchable wrong I dont know where I could have gone wrong.

>frogging out when people will finally stop bitching about the tinmen even though war convo is easily beatable if you've ever fought them more than once

I'd go so far as to say losing with an army you like is more fun than winning with just the next popular netlist.

I always thought AdMech were mid-tier? Was this not the case?

Also, I'm conflicted between starting a Guard army, or a Skitarii army.

>Is your playgroup such shit you have to play something tournament worthy? If so then don't play.
Yes. Most of the locals are WAAC faggots. And it's tempting to just quit. I've gone on breaks before might as well do it again.

>CSM
I'd play you bro, give me a chance to use some units i want instead of units i need just so i dont get tabled in 3 turns...
>my basilisks are so dusty....

they've been Op in every edition i can think of. i really should. i'd like to play once in a while knowing i wont have to suck it up and grit my teeth the whole time.

You know what's even more annoying? A tournament began recently and the rules are extremely restrictive yet unsurprisingly benefit Tau the most.

>pic related for the organizer

with War Congregration they could be high+ depending on the setup. Now War Congregation is shit, i have two useless units that will never see use and a drop pod i just recently received as a gift that will never be used.

That's the fucking worst bit, War Congregation isn't even that great but it gave them a competitive edge at least that they sorely needed.

Yeah it's a pretty shitty feeling - Convo is a blast and a great list but without any decent mobility or delivery system it'll be mid tier at best.

>mfw first time I ever faced War Convo
>my first 2000pt game
>he has a FW Knight Atropis (which I hear is more meant for other superheavies)
>end score was 8:5 my lead

It wasn't even bad. I was so spooked. Unfortunately he is the cool admech player who prefers it to be fluffy and had steel confessors for allies with no Drop Pods and the other War Convo player was straight out the gate WAAC. He faced my friends list (and pushed him to go to a point level he had to pile garbage in to fill, which is my friends fault as well) and shat on him with 3 drop pods and insisting on playing a 4x8 table with a terrible killing field.

So I can see how it could be over the top in the right hands and when you want to be but I don't think it is an auto loss to go against.

Did GW ever clarify if it's supposed to be either Vanguard or Rangers in the Dominus Maniple from the Start Collecting box? If not, is it in the FAQ?

this was just a BRB FAQ they are still working on codex ones.

so I guess supplements are after that :^)

right, for more fluffy play i'd go sans drop pod but i was planning on entering a tournament this month with the harder list. so much for that. just going to sit it out.

Savage trips don't lie.

Lootas have a good all-round shooting but obviously can't do anything to AV14 (not that Bustas are much better vs that). Frankly we don't really have shooty transports outside of (now-discontinued) Forgeworld options so I'd say the best bet is still to just load up on MANZ.

At this point I'm probably not going to be playing my Orks in anything other than Zone Mortalis for the foreseeable future; this FAQ on the back of the appalling new Flyer rules has just broken my will to play.

Man, I'd love to run an AdMech w/Steel Confessor Allies list, but I'm the sort of autist who'd love to see an official color scheme for Kalevala Skitarii.

Last time I checked AdMech didn't suffer from the grenade nerf like the top tier races and Orks

So is there literally anything left for Orks that can handle AV14?

Well he certainly wasn't talking about any grenade nerf. WarConvo can no longer deploy in Battle-Brother's Transports which means no Drop Pod shenanigans.

Warboss with a klaw and some of the weirdboys powers.

Bloody hell the Battle Brothers transport thing goes way further than I'd realized. Units from different detachments treat their own faction as Battle Brothers. That means if I take a Blitz Brigade, I can't start the game with Ork units embarked upon those transports. Thus really negating the entire point of the Formation.

Nice and reliable.

First draft man, it'll be clarified down to same faction/chapter tactics being cool later on for sure.

>no drop pod shenanigans
>no staking relics which was a big reason to take it to begin with
>Russes can no longer re-roll Plasma Overheat so taking plasma is a fast way to kill your tanks
>monstrous creatures are still superior in every way to vehicles

oh fuck it i'm done with this game for now.

You know, pods make fluffy sense in some cases. Like Exorcists would probably let a Malleus Inquisitor use them, or a War Convo could get one from Steel Confessors or whoever.

The only really bad instance is Flesh Tearers spamming 6 of them at a time, since it makes 0 sense fluffwise and is just broken.

the new FAQ puts limits on unbound. even the fun rules are no fun allowed.

So I'm just getting started, Space Marines. Rate my chapter choice, Veeky Forums.

Pretty good.

Starter chapter/10

Here's the better quality version of it.

I love IF. Hammers of Dorn are one of my favorite successor chapters.

I like this image a lot because it shows how those huge pauldrons are actually not a bad idea. Covers the important parts from direct blows anyway.

Should go with the good yellow chapter, Lamenters.

>playing ultimate apocalypse with my friend against bots
christ I want titans now

Lamenters a shit.

They're like big hands free shields.

I want to get into the game with Death Korps but given the prices I'd like to have a full list in mind so I'll know exactly what I buy. I've done some research on units and detachments and what not but I'd like to get some feedback on if the list is legal or just bad. I don't mind being suboptimal so long as its fun and I can at least win half the time.

2000pts
Death Korps CAD
HQ
Company Command Squad. Vox Caster, Master of Ordinance, Master of the Fleet

Troops
x2 Infantry Platoons. Vox Casters for everyone and three autocannon teams for each.

Elites
x2 Heavy Quad Launchers and crew.

Combat Engineers with Hades Breaching Drill. Max engineers, heavy flamer, flamer.

Fast Attack
Death Riders Squadron. Backup meltabomb for the ridemaster.

Cyclops Demolition Carriage

Heavy Support
Medusa Siege Cannon with crew. Camo netting and breacher shells.

Lord of War
Malcador Infernus with Chem-Inferno Gun.

Fortification Detachment
Aegis Defense Line with a quad gun. Four tanglewire obstacles. (How large are tanglewire lines anyway?)

Imperial Knights Oathsworn Detachment
Knight Errant.

The plan is for all my heavy guns and weapon teams to form a firebase together around the company command squad for orders. The infantry picket around it to hold and buy time while one squad mans the quad gun. The Infernus, Knight, and Death Riders are meant to form a spearhead and distraction. I really like the engineers and hades and really want to field them, hopefully they'll cause some damage and throw off the enemy's battleplan. As for the cyclops I had some extra points and figured it would be funny if they forgot about it with the two superheavies and bombardments pounding them, or hold it back to run over to some deep strikers after they arrive as a welcoming gift.

Well, they're covered in shit and constantly get shit on and are currently attempting to redeem themselves for this, but I don't think that makes them shit.

Good. Fuck AdMech.

Suicidal Emo Vampires with terrible luck. No thanks.

Looks good, but I would put a focus on threatening AV with the engineers. I can't remember if they can take meltaguns but they should definitely bring a demolitions charge. You already have a lot of horde melting stuff in there.

With that said I think you should also consider splitting off the HW teams (although I think they might get more expensive if you do that, it's been a while) to free up your infantry squads more and allow them to get stuck in without wasting the heavy gun. You get an order that turns their lasguns into shotguns and you'll definitely want to use it if things get hairy.

>muh bleeding hearts getting shit on ;__; so noble

I'll pass.

>mfw Veeky Forums hates Lamenters for being shit on and taking it
>mfw Veeky Forums hates Marines Malevolent for being shit on and shitting back at the universe
>mfw Veeky Forums hates Dornfags
>mfw Veeky Forums hates Iyanden because of Wraith faggotry

I think you guys just hate yellow.

>"muh"-ing the good guys for being good guys
>picking faggot yellow guys who can't do anything but build forts

Come inside my fort and say that, you faggot!

Alright from what I'm seeing I can take either a demo charge or a meltagun on the engineers, along with a meltabomb if I really need it on the watchmaster. The meltagun I can fit by dropping a line of tanglewire and replacing the flamer. Or I can grab the democharge by replacing the flamer and dropping the heavy flamer.

As for the autocannon teams they're already separate and attached to the platoons in groups of three rather than the squads themselves so they're not slowing anyone down. I could move them to heavy support where they're the same and I have the slots to, but then won't they lose objective secured?

so I got a black templar back when they still had a codex

under the new clusterfuck, is there a way to run a fluffy army?

Everyone Dorn and co. comes into contact with is a fag. Not because of in-universe reasons, but because of their following.

>Veeky Forums doesn't hate the iron hands because they keep forgetting they exist

at least they have more presence than they used to

Tanglewires are in 6" sections a piece, with no real restrictions on how tall or wide they need to be(Please don't abuse this). In your list, you would have 24" worth of Tanglewire to place on the board.

I had a narrative campaign once where I had 1000 points worth of "fortifications and random shit" to use to represent my chapter's fortress on the given planet, and part of that included 144" of Tanglewire(Which is only 120 points, for fucks sakes), along with 72" of Tank Traps, and 60" of Barricades.

All of it was handmade. It took me two freakin' weeks to assemble everything. All the tanglewire was made by taking a length of 20 gauge florist wire, and coiling it around the cup of a perfume bottle.

There is also a bit of fun to be had with Barricades. The book only says how wide and long they need to be, but not how tall they can be. I had 18" of barricades that were tall enough to give a cover save to an Imperial Knight, or enough to block line of sight to a whole section of the board.

Tell me, Veeky Forums, is there any tactics for running a FULL Decurion detachment.

Context is that I'm doing an apocalypse-level game with a bunch of pals (half of whom shall help me play this army). The points = the full cost of a decurion, after wargear (idk what that is yet).

Is this list good enough at 600pts?

++ Tau Empire: Combined Arms Detachment) (600pts) ++

+ HQ (65pts) +

Ethereal (65pts) [Honour Blade, Hover Drone, Recon Armour]

+ Elites +

XV8 Crisis Team (108pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual, MV1 Gun Drone]
····Crisis Shas'ui [Target Lock, Twin-linked Missile Pod]
····Crisis Shas'ui [Twin-linked Missile Pod, Vectored Retro-Thrusters]

+ Troops +

Kroot Carnivores (90pts) [9x Kroot, Kroot Hound, Sniper Rounds]
····Shaper [Kroot Rifle]

Strike Team (186pts) [8x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]
····DS8 Tactical Support Turret [Smart Missile System]
····Fire Warrior Shas'ui
····TY7 Devilfish [2x MV1 Gun Drone, Sensor Spines]

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team (55pts) [5x Pathfinder (55pts)]

TX4 Piranhas Squadron (96pts)
····TX4 Piranha [Burst Cannon, Seeker Missile (8pts)]
····TX4 Piranha [Burst Cannon, Seeker Missile (8pts)]

Really? Neat, thats way more wire than I thought I had. Really just picked it up because I saw it and thought it would be fun and fluffy to lay out at least some barbed wire around my gun batteries. As for height that won't be an issue since I'm not making any walls or anything, I wouldn't abuse it anyway though. Thanks for clearing that up.

As a side note it must be cool to have that much terrain about for your own use. How did the campaign go?