TCG: Cards that you cant believe are at 3

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28803713
yugiohtopdecks.com/?start_date=04/10/2016&end_date=05/08/2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best trap.

Is that Doctor Light? In a toga?

But that's clearly a woman

Not OP, but why doesn't Veeky Forums hold Yugioh discussions (as well as other cardgames besides MTG like Cardfight Vanguard). Yu-Gi-Oh! is the world's most popular TGC.

>are at 3
what???

Because the Yugioh community is shit, that's why.

Not much to discuss, really. We all know and admit that the game is a complete trainwreck.

>Yu-Gi-Oh! is the world's most popular TGC.
But that's not true. Also most ygo discussion happens on /dng/

What's more popular? You can't say Magic. Magic is bigger in the US (And not even by that much), but worldwide Yu-Gi-Oh! is king.

Fairly sure MTG is significantly more popular. At least in Western Europe it's much bigger than Yu-Gi-Oh (the TCG). Even in Yu-Gi-Oh's home territory of Japan, Magic is huge (which was how the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG came into existence in the first place - it was a manga about games often focusing on the latest fads and its chapters about a MTG-like game were so popular to make it the main focus of the franchise).

Best selling TCG, not most popular.

Well how the fuck do you measure popularity if not by sales?

Yugioh has 4 levels of bans: Banned, Limited (1 copy per deck), Semi-Limited (2 copies per deck), and Unlimited (3 copies per deck, the maximum). OP's question is:
>Name Unlimited cards that should be Semi-Limited or Limited.

popularity = how many people play, interact, follow the product
sales = how many units are sold in a given period

ah

And more sales probably mean that more people play it. It's undeniably shit, but YGO still corners the kids and casual market better than MtG

Because /dng/ exists. What I'm more surprised by is that there isn't an /xmage/ general here or on Veeky Forums.

>probably mean that more people play
no, it only means that it sells more.

So V:TES is obviously the most played game in the world.

Correction: it /was/ the world's most popular TGC until about 8 years ago where shit like pendiums anally devistated balance and caused the game to drop like a rock.

Magic has been holding that chair ever since.

that doesn't make sense.
you: it must be more popular because it sells more atm
me: no, it only means that it sells more.

Honestly I think it's God, which is pretty awesome.

OP as fuck pls ban

Indeed. OP's card is part of a series of cards that started with 'Solemn Judgment'. The original Japanese card was instead called 神の宣告 (God's Verdict) and had halos above the heads of the girls next to the bearded man. In other words, yes, it is indeed meant to be God.

>After TWENTY GOD DAMN YEARS the only power-creep is that evolutions have gotten stronger and EX are some of the strongest basics in the game.
>However that two prize penalty does make up for it.
>Has the same flaw as Yugioh where the game wanted to speed up and as a result made it OP.
>Unlike Yugioh however, pokemon has no infinite loops, no tier 0 decks, no OTKs... it's literally impossible.

>It also does not have the salty unwashed faggot fanbase of Magic.
>It's cheaper than Magic.

>This is the tcg master race.
>Well that and DBZ.

>Mu'h pendulums.

You mean those slow ass things that really only exist to shimmy-sham around tribute summoning but could probably be done faster by playing Blackwing?

1: Pendulums are typically very archetype bound. So a lot of their cheese is limited solely to their own type of cards. Think of Yugioh as more of a miniature game like 40k with new factions in the form of archetype cards.

2: Pendulum is very card intensive. You need two cards to complete a pendulum summon, then cards to actually summon. Have you played Yugioh? it's basically all dependent on your starting hand because Konami HATES card draws and card milling is enormously specific. (Archetype bound yet again)

3: XYZs broke the game long before pendulum. XYZs have not only great utility, but because of the way they function have some of the most exploitable loopholes for OTKs and FTKs.

4: XYZ OTK/FTK wouldn't be so bad were you able to defend yourself but you can't. Yugioh has something worse than rotation and that's a random fucking ban list. There is entire sets worth of cards banned outright. They've completely forgotten about the 1 and 2 card limit and simply write off entire cards which in turn hurts many archetypes that are just trying to be competitive, not OP.

Pokemon lacks interesting card interactions and gameplay variety introduced by expansions. Under these constraints it's relatively easy to avoid power creep. Broken cards come into existence when creators try new things and don't realize how powerful they are, then power creep happens when they adjust other new cards to the new meta.

>because Konami HATES card draws
To be fair, they attempted plenty of card draw in early Yu-Gi-Oh, but it all turned out broken. Card draw is inherently broken in Yu-Gi-Oh in the same manner that (potentially) free spells are inherently broken in MTG.

>Card draw is inherently broken in Yu-Gi-O
i see you don't play classic

Pendulums are archetype bound because 99% of all competitively viable cards nowadays are archetype bound to a point where you just play konami built decks until the new set comes out and the previous best deck gets banned. That's what made the game so uninteresting to me in the last years. No more player built decks and konamis pseudo rotation.

>not building your own mix & match deck
I remember running a Synchro deck with Dark Worlds & Fabled cards. I remember mocking Pendulum users by bringing back Leviathan every time it gets destroyed just like they'd Pendulum summon.

Pot of Greed should be limited.

It really has no costs though. Even Upstart Goblin raises the opponents LP by 1000.

Having Pot of Greed be limited results in practically 39-card decks with an extra luck factor (sometimes people get two cards instead of one). There is no reason whatsoever not to include it when it's legal. There is no strategy to it, either; you draw it and you play it, and that is all. The only potentially interesting gameplay involving Pot of Greed would be somehow returning it from your graveyard to your hand (for example, with Magician of Faith), but returning literally any other Spell results in more strategic and interesting gameplay. And naturally, anyone who doesn't have this broken card in their deck when it's legal is at a disadvantage. When that statement applies for any deck, that is a clear sign that something should absolutely be banned.

You can still top with a completely original build if you're smart enough with your deckbuilding. Last format three people topped with a mishmash deck known as Synchro Fusionist Turbo that was designed to loop your opponent's hand consistently; it was literally just a mashup of combo pieces and draw advantage not tied to any particular archetypes whatsoever. And it worked as planned. It's certainly not as common as it should be though.

Yugioh is pretty dank I prefer its pacing and mechanics to other games the community on the other hand could be cancer af

If people keep abusing this card I get the feeling it won't be at 3 much longer.

Don't respond to Jim Profit.

Is there a 'fixed' Graceful Charity where you draw 2 discard 2? The negative card advantage might balance out the filtering + crazy graveyard interactions.

REEEEEEEE!

Hand Destruction maybe?

idk, cards like that aren't really healthy because of Dark World (old, but it's been a while since I played) and other effects that go off in the graveyard. Card Destruction isn't legal anymore, and that had a -1 in advantage.

Metalphosis, welcome to generic degeneracy, have fun.

Graceful charity type shit is bad because it digs through your deck and sets up your yard.
Pot of Cupidity is banish 10 face down from the deck and then draw 2, that's the closest we'll get to a legal PoG.

the power creep has gotten bad in yugi.
right now its either a pepe variant, monarchs, kozmo or the new "burning abyss speedriod dark law phanton knights" deck at my locals. you either get a good hand or within the first 5 minutes know how the game is going to end and someone forfiets

pokemon keeps the power creep in check by getting rid of the older sets for tournament play, but it requires you to constantly upgrade your deck. which means constantly rework your deck as your strategy becomes useless

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28803713
Kuriboh's are best boys.

> Pacing
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good joke.

I've always liked Pokémon TCG but I do think the decisions you get to make in a game are very limited; I find MtG far more deeper and interesting in that sense.
Only played Pokémon TCG casually anyways, and I enjoy MtG tournament play even though I'm shit

most TCGs do get rid of older sets for tournament play, MtG has done it since 20 years ago I believe and now even Hearthstone does it.

>pacing
i liked it better 10years ago

getting rid of older sets, mean that konami has to design new cards each set to fill in the cap, i don't think konami wants to put that much resources into keeping the game alive, they'd rather just make some bullshit new mechanics that renders everything else useless.

>10 years ago

When everyone was playing goat control? When noone was allowed to make any plays for fear of 2000 traps slapping them in the face? When fun wasn't allowed?

He probably means vanilla beatdown, aka the most boring the game has ever been.

>yugioh
LOL

Literally a searchable upstart.

Why is this allowed?

>This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon", "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon", "Rescue Hamster", "Pendulum Rising", "Magical Abductor", "Wavering Eyes", "Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer", "Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer", "Frontline Observer", "Dragon Dowser", "Sphere of Chaos", "Serpentine Princess", "Dragunity Corsesca", "Vampire Dragon", "BOXer", "Giant Rat", "King of the Feral Imps", "Damage = Reptile", "Snake Whistle", "Performapal Salutiger", "Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer", "Performapal Secondonkey", "Performapal Monkeyboard", "Performapal Skullcrobat Joker", "Performapal Pinch Helper" and "Performapal Call".

Jesus christ.

I
LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
MADOLCHES

Why?

today, people are literally playing auto-decks, you don't even play anymore yourself

>I don't know what I'm talking about and like to complain needlessly; the post.

Dumbass.

>8 years ago
>pendulums
They're 2 years old.

They're unbelievably cute.

But besides that, they are an ideal archetype for how yugioh should be for me. No ridiculous speed 2 ignition effects that make them immune to chain 1 anything. No ridiculous effects that make them impossible to take down effectively without banishing or spin/bouncing like BAs. No bullshit where their boss monsters are untargetable or indestructible natively. No ability to summon 3000 atk monsters with powerful effects basically for free. You have to work for EVERYTHING. The deck has almost no direction and gives nothing for absolutely free. You have to work for every advantage. Misplays are extremely easy to do if you don't think a few steps ahead because plays are all situational and you have to work to make those situations chain one after another so as to always leave one open move available after your best move. A dead end because you didn't think of one little detail like using chateau before getting rid of your fairy and then summoning your Xyzs in the proper order which will allow you to send more material to the grave so that another xyz can take advantage of it, that basically kills you or puts you behind.

It was one of the last decks where you play YOUR strategy, not the staple strategy of getting your kozmo out that is basically impossible to deal with for good without some anti-meta. New meta that gives you everything almost for free broke too much shit and it's not fun. That being said, I'm ok with monarchs. They least have to work for their advantage a little and can be dealt with using most decks if you can get the right cards.

stop being rude to everybody

You mean "stop telling the truth"

>samefag
(You)

>I hate linear decks
>but I like monarchs

Are you ok? Do you have brain damage?

Don't whine, Dracomemes got hit HARD. They're dead compared to our new Kozmo overlords and Dante's Infinite Plussing squad

The deck is dead sure, but that doesn't mean those cards aren't broken.

I mean, that's how most decks (barring D-rulers) were before DUEA. I miss that a lot. Having to think and conserve resources and having fields that could last for more than a turn. Or duels that lasted for more than 3.

I don't like Monarchs. I tolerate them because they're not retarded my designed. I don't hate linear decks either. I just like nonlinear decks. There have always been linear decks. However when it comes to monarchs, you can deal with them WITHOUT having to add cards to specifically counter them. You can beat them with normal tech you probably already have in your deck.

Tell that to all the people who side 3 copies of mask of restrict.

You can side against any deck to have an easier time. The point is you don't HAVE to against monarchs. If you face a kozmo and you don't have any nontargetting spin or 3000+atk monsters you can reliably summon often, unless you run a skill drain deck there isn't much you can do other than beat it before it gets set up which takes 2 turns. What are you going to do? Raigeki them so they can come right back on the field?

If you don't main non-targeting non-destruction cards then that's your own fault, there's plenty out there and you don't have to ruin your deck to fit them in.

user, only a select few decks have those, not every deck is Dracopals, and even they only have 1 Ignister now. Even with Drowning Mirror Force out, you have to run a non-searchable battle trap that dies super easily to Sliprider/Twin Twister.

>only a select few decks have those

What kind of deck are you running that can't even use basic staples?

What staples are those? Tell us.

What staples are you referring to, exactly? Castel targets, so does ARK. Air Force/Drowning are unsearchable, the only card I could think of that fits your description is F0, which is in essence BA exclusive, or Gameciel, which is sideboard.

>storming mirror force
>solemn strike
>solemn warning
Solemn a farmgirl and the kozmo player will scoop.
As for the side deck:
>system down
>imperial iron wall
>chaos trap hole
>shadow/light imprisoning mirror

Why is Kozmo even a problem deck for you? They aren't even tier 1 anymore and haven't won an event in weeks.

>Kozmo
>Not tier 1

user, my sides, stop it

yugiohtopdecks.com/?start_date=04/10/2016&end_date=05/08/2016

Can't even beat pals, which also aren't tier 1.

What IS tier 1? BA? Surely you're kidding. They have zero outs to Dark Destroyer besides F0.

BA and Monarchs are the only decks seeing any real competitive play right now, so yes they're the only tier 1 decks.

How the hell are you supposed to build amorphages? i keep trying to build it, but it has more of a brick hand issue than monarchs, and if one thing goes wrong there's nothing to be done.

Simple answer; you don't.

user, it's not you, it's the deck. There's NO way to make it good, no matter WHAT you combine it with.

The deck will cannibalize itself unless you make a miracle happen, which fits the flavor of the deck.

thing is its not terrible, i've played some terrible decks and amorphages are leaps and bounds ahead of it and it can win semi-consistently.
One thing im wondering about is that since it's a floodgate centered deck, maybe it gets much better in full matches as opposed to the single duels that most people just play in when doing online testing, since the amorphage player can side in more floodgates against the deck they're currently against.

Turbo out pic related.

Upstart's limiting was the strangest thing

It was doing nothing degenerate, yet in the recent wave Komoney decided "lets just neuter all the petdecks"

but.....he's not even that good
i mean, he's alright but nothing to turbo for.

>it was doing nothing degenerate
>he doesn't know about the life equalizer/magical explosion otk

it was just a card they limited because everyone was running 3 of it, it was limited to encourage some variety.

>the life equalizer/magical explosion otk
So what you're saying is that the problem cards were Life Equalizer (which got banned in the latest OCG list because it was the sensible fucking thing to do) and Magical Explosion?
You should work for Konami of America

>otk
it's shit

When that card was limited, I spent all day going through nearly 100 decks and taking it out of all of them, then finding something to replace it.

The fact that tier 1 decks have so much fucking built in staple card effects means they benefit too much from a 37 card deck. Rogue decks have to waste space on staples so they can't fit upstarts in. It's a good change.

Upstart and Chicken Game getting hit was just the dumbest shit
it hit those fun petdecks that relied on them because they had little to no search power for their combo pieces

but hey, tincan , pantheism, dante and pendulum sorcerer get to stay at 3, and MONKEYBOARD DIDN'T GET FUCKING BANNED
HOW DO YOU NOT BAN SUCH A CARD

So does Konami just forget about what cards are on the banlist?
because stratos and the inzektors are still banned.

Believe me, konami knows. Or at least they know about stratos.

While raises a good point you're not wrong. I mean even when Upstart was at 3 we were basically seeing the same shit; 37-card decks where Upstart simply allowed people to cycle. The most PoG being at 1 will do is, as the guy said, cause everyone to run it automatically. Even then, it doesn't win the game on it's own. It just gives solid draw power and that's about it. Besides, most decks nowadays favor tutoring over blindly drawing cards, so it's not like that will do much, especially for decks that would hate drawing whatever out of the deck.