Horus Heresy General /hhg/

The Future Is Grimdark Edition
Bearversors, Slothcares, Owlexus, Callidoctopi, oh my! This forest is wild Sub-Edition
On the old thread we made bets on the price for the Stormbird, talked about our dudes, and helped an user understand Fulgrim's ugly mug, GW's track record with names proved to be like Italians at war, Mr. Rocha's children were discussed, space truckers are inbound, there was a leak and not the kind we like plus more in the old thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321788-new-flyers-stormhawk-and-blastajet-all-new-flyer-rules/page-28#entry4386718
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Dorn's glorious moustache

Second for best captain.

Finished my first blood angel for my ZM army. Are veterans gold trim? Looks nice, but I feel like I am doing something wrong.

What was the most recent landmark event to be reached in the novels and codices?

SO 30k Aircraft

Fire Raptor
Attack Craft, Pursuit 3 Agility 3

Xiphon
Fighter, P3(4?), A3

Lightning
Fighter? Bomber with bombs? Attack with Ground Auguries? P3 A2(3?)

Storm Eagle
Attack, P3 A2

THunderhawk
Attack, P3 A1

What else is there?

I'd probably go with completely red Bangles, that old Index Astartes pre-Heresy scheme looks the best to me, and either decorate or designate them as vets.

Path of Heaven is 4 years into the Heresy, the Traitors have entered Segmentum Solar.

You forgot about Stormbird, dude.

Ah yes maybe something like

Stormbird
Attack P3 A2

Wait Sotrmbird is bigger than the Thawk maybe Agility 1 im not sure on its new fluff

Gonna take another crack at reconstructing Fulgrim's face while waiting for 3rd party heads to arrive

Theres very few conversions of the primarchs to look at for inspiration

>Attack P3 A2
What's this?

The flyer rule sfor warhammer got updated. Everything gets a Pursuit and Agility stat now. There's a dogfight phase now too.

I doubt FW will update their flyers so I'm brainstorming quick fix for their stats based on what other aircraft got.

Didn't the attack on the moon take a year in old fluff?

>Lightning
>Xiphon

Make them Fighters with the ability to become Ground Attack with the Cunt Augurs.

I remember some dogfight things from the Shield of Baal. Where do I find these new rules?

>Implying anyone who plays 30k is going to use that bullshit

Im not even using it in 40k

People said the same thing about flyers, multiple detachments, and superheavies in 6E and psychic phase in 7E.

Look how that turned out.

Not Sol System, the Segmentum.
Not sure about the new fluff, but it's gonna be one hell of a ride trying to take over even the outer layers of the Solar System since it's riddled with artificial planetoids and defence forts.

I'm surprised they haven't extended the timeframe of the heresy yet.

Is there any way to make Tartaros from the plastic Cataphractii? Like...giving them tactical marine shoulderpads instead of the fancy Cata ones?

that would look like ass

Just run them as count ass, who goves a crap. Id rather pretend cataphractii is tartarus than look at shitty conversions

Death From the Skies. Just came out today.

I know my group is ignoring the dogfight phase AKA the RNG phase. But we like the new stats and expanded rules.

Sub Orbital Strike Wings that can do attack patterns might make it go from bad to almost good.

Question guys. Did Mastodons make it after the Heresy?

Definitely. Gotta be able to sell the model to the maximum amount of people.

I figured it would become a relic or something lost forever because of Horus's temper tantrum. The Sallies did field 150 of them before so I imagine maybe they would still have some in Vulkan's garage. If they could find the key to it that is.

No more than pretending a bolt pistol with a scope is a sniper rifle.

Indomitus would make a better base. Get legs without knee pads (MkVI style greaves) and greenstuff the back to make it one solid plate. Indomitu arms are somewhat similar. Shoulder pads and torso are a problem.

>giving them tactical marine shoulderpads

I don't think even terminator pads will fit the cataphractii.

>No more than pretending a bolt pistol with a scope is a sniper rifle.

I swear this is an actual model bit.

>I don't think even terminator pads will fit the cataphractii.
They don't.

It is, it's in the marine scout box.

Just got tabled by Iron Warriors

Ride the Ironfire is no joke

Yeeeeeeep yep yep yep.

Nothing like deleting multiple units a turn. 2stronk

What did the IW player have?

What did you play?

So you let them get close and never attacked their artillery? But any contermeasure against them would be hard to enact if you go second, I guess...

Say, besides the obvious Medusae, what else did he have?

First for the first legion. Fuck the Lion.

I could never get far at all into Descent of Angels, what the hell was it even about?

I like your work!

I woild have gone for a shorter twin edged nlade though. After all, Ferrus made it and that has me thinking of something utilitarian.

If you find a good head, send pictures to FW. Maybe that'll show them to release the better mini.

Best Fulgrim conversion I have seen!

Ironfire with 2 squads of 2 Vindicators, Y/N?

Traders pls go.

Hammer of Olympia instead with Perturabo.

Or do disordered charges lose furious assaults?

The idea of the RoW sounds like shooty World Eaters to me.

With two squads of Vindicators, you can't take medusae, Tyrants, and Havocs. Why limit yourself? Hammer of Olympia is the only way to take all our best shit.

I don't have any Medusas, not really fond of the model. IW scream Vindicators to me, so I have two, and considering two more. Next order is a pile of Quad Mortars to make up for Tyrants not being elites any more.

I also don't know if I want to shell out for Perty. Regardless of whether he is good on the table or not, I don't like him very much. I might later, I might not at all. I have the shitty Kabuki knock-off from their clearance sale though, legitimizes FW cost through its sheer ugliness.

Sucks that both of your special units are Heavy Support, especially since you're the Heavy Support legion. Did any other legions get shafted like that in the force org department?

>did any legion get cucked as hard as the Iron Warriors
feelsbadwarmaster

No worries, I just like the image of angry IW storming forward shooting while templates hit everybody.

All those bad legion products, all so you could have this one cool head.

Was it worth it, IWfags?

I like their dreadnought and am ok-ish with the star--plate.

Sue me.

Seriously, IW were allways clunky angry metal faces.

Unpopular opinion time: I quite like the idea of having a separate dogfight phase as long as it isn't massively clunky. I also think the psychic phase works really well.

>I'd love [X] from GW, done by GW
>as long as it isn't massively clunky
>isn't massively clunky
>GW

How's that 7th edition force org treating you.

It require an additional, separate board at least 48"x48". Has 4 sub phases where you play a mini-guessing game(RNG) of battlefield gothic lite and then see if one of you attacks the other.

It's clunktastic.

Star plate is completely unrelated to any of their fluff. Contemptor is fine, but it really looks more like a 40k IW 'bot than a 30k one. At least we'll always have the Death Guard contemptor

Christ... that's... that's just worse than I could have possibly imagined! Sounds a bit like the dogfight stuff from Aeronautica (or whatever the fuck the bastard child of BFG and Epic was called) but with more expensive models! Come to think of it, I should have known.

TBF I quite like that too, for me it encourages a bit more creativity and fluff rather than the standard bullshit. At the end of the day I play to have fun and because of the "narrative" rather than to win.

>What kind of legion do you want?

Reading Fulgrim... seems like the same shit with Horus.

Few rememberancers, few captains that support his Chaos corruption and few that are against it.

Fulgrim is crazy.

I thought i was about to read the Calth story, but insted Fulgrim is talking to his sword and painting pictures with shit.

>painting pictures with shit
and blood and cum

Why would you think you'd be reading about Calth? Neither Horus nor Fulgrim were at Calth.

Yea, at this point they were still in the "only nine books planned." Then they shift into the "let any idiot write a HH novel" followed by "micro-shorts and novellas for everything! Stall for time until Abnett or ADB can get a book out!" Thankfully we're done with that phase, as seen by all of the anthologies coming out. Now that the team is primarily Haley, Wright, French, and Kyme with the occasional ADB or McNeil, I'd say we're back to some pretty good quality, full length novels. Not to mention the desire by all the authors to make the push to Terra more front and center.

Problem is we're still going to get Kyme's dreck for anything Salamander.

I was trying not to remind myself...

Reminder that if the Loyalists on Isstvan III had giant flamethrowers, then they could have burned the Life Eater before it fucked over the planet, if Kyme is to be believed.

Kyme said in a recent interview that due to the success and popularity of his original salamander trilogy, he is going start working of a new Salamander trilogy.

You guys hyped?

How frequently do you guys use Force orgs other than the basic Age of Darkness? I was thinking of using the Onslaught with my Orbital Assault just for guaranteed 2nd turn, but then I started feeling like a WAAC cheesefag.

I dont mind the dread, as for the torso, it deserves to be decimated

>idiot write a HH novel" followed by "micro-shorts and novellas for everything
Then we can get that story where the Emperor takes the Sisters of Silence on an erotic diner date?

Nurgle, explain how it works.

eh i'd read it on a train to somewhere

What do you guys think of legion? got a birthday comping up, and its a toss up between that and Germs, Guns and Steel

Just don't let ADB near it. Have McNeil do it.
>gems
>guns
Blood Angels have both.

>Gems

nigga read

Sorry. Not Calth, but Isstvaan V, i always get those two mixed up

Isstvaan begins with an I, the I of Horus.
Calth and Ultramarines both begin with C.

I just finished Legion last week, and honestly it was my favorite one yet. Note that the only ones I'd read prior were the first trilogy, Eisenstein, and Fulgrim.

Nice trips.

I assume you are calling Ultramarines cunts

My bad. I didn't see the r.

welp, seeing as those are the ones i'v red (plus mechanicum, plus outcast dead, but OCD can suck a big black cock), i take that as a glowing endorsement!

In Deathfire, the Death Guard attack Nocturne. There is not a single orbital defence platform, station or vessel to stop an already crippled battleship from attaining orbital supremacy over a legion homeworld and bombarding it. They unleash the life eater virus upon the planet. You know, the Virus that turned Isstvan III onto a dead world? Yeah, well the Salamanders burn it away with giant flamethrowers. Forgetting that by the time it hits the Atmosphere, the Planet is already fucked. Forgetting that flame + Life Eater creates a raging inferno that should have at the very least scoured part of the surface clear. Nope, somehow the Salamanders have proven that if they had put giant Flamethrowers all over the Choral City, the Loyalists on Isstvan III could have stopped the Life Eater.

Was the gaint flamers even powered by psychic energy?

>It require an additional, separate board at least 48"x48"
What? No it doesn't.

>Forgetting that flame + Life Eater creates a raging inferno
That's not why the Inferno happened on Istvaan. It started because they ignited all of the methane that was released into the air from the death of everything living thing. The virus itself was already gone.

Is Descent of Angels any good?

I found it very meh

It's alright, gives a little insight into the Lion/Luther relationship, but the story is overall meh. I even forgot I had read it when I was recommending Legion to the user above, and I had read it right before Legion. So take that as you will.

Yes it does.

And at least 36" apart, plus the length of the flyer and that gives you about 48".

You need another game board or use the floor.

What the fuck is that shit. That almost makes me want to never take flyers so I don't have to put up with that bullshit if my opponent wants to. At least the psychic phase consolidates psychic powers so it's abundantly clear when they happen, this adds nothing but moar randumb and pads out an already long game. And I'm guessing you can lose your flyers before they even make it to the table. Fuck that entirely.

Right?

Attack patterns and wing leaders? Cool. Makes Sub Orbital Strike Wings not suck.

Attack and Pursuit stats? Cool, make them feel like actual aircraft, not just really fast skimmers.

No cover other thank jink for zooming flyers? What happend to true LoS?

Only fighters get skyfire? What the actual hell? Oh they have -1BS to compensate? I'll take Strafing Run and Twin Linked weapons for 500 Alex.

Dog Fight Phase based mostly on RNG that needs a side board for a mini game? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelll no.

Nobody's denying scoped pistols exist. But using one as a sniper rifle in the game...?

>Only fighters get skyfire?

Weren't ground attack craft able to engage in air combat as well? And bomber can have turrets and shit shooting in the air. That's what I got when I read the descriptions in the WD scans.

Would make sense that bombers are dedicated ground attack vehicles that can defend against enemy fighters, but can't go around dogfighting very well. Ground attack craft would be in the middle, ok in both. Fighters would be the air-supremacy interceptors that fuck up flyers, but aren't so great at ground combat.

>Dog Fight Phase based mostly on RNG that needs a side board for a mini game?

What, you don't want to play MORE? Next we must make outflanking units able to attack enemy reserves. Including your drop pods and shit. Because that makes sense, right?

Marine sniper rifles shoot a laser to create a hole for a poisonous crystal to enter.

There's worse in-lore.

Special turrets and stuff still get it. But that's a case by case basis.

>Marine sniper rifles shoot a laser to create a hole for a poisonous crystal to enter
Are you sure that's not Dark Eldar snipers?

I wish it was.

Does anyone have the other pages?

I don't know what to say. What's the source on the marine laser hole making poisonous crystal shooting sniper rifle?

Every modern marine codex ever

>Marine sniper rifles shoot a laser to create a hole for a poisonous crystal to enter.

It's still a rifle, not a pistol with a scope. I don't know what you're trying to state here.

Got that from BnC bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321788-new-flyers-stormhawk-and-blastajet-all-new-flyer-rules/page-28#entry4386718

That an absolutely ridiculous weapon already exists. It's a beam of light that guides a frozen poisonous dart that also pulses to penetrate armor. A bolt pistol with custom long burn ammo or something is more believable.

That's stupid. Too stupid.