Worst Action/Greatest Regret

The worst thing one of your previous/your current character has done or the most thing they regret having done in the past.

Pic semi-related.

>Killed one of his soldiers when he realized that she was tainted with the mark of a Cannibal. Didnt give her a second to explain before cutting her down in a hail of bullets.

>Haunted by her dying gasps and death rattle every night since then.

I've never gotten to play before -- lifetime GM slave. These are recounts of a player I had named Jeremy.

Jeremy likes to start shit. He's a white kid who claims he's in the Crips, then a week later claims the Irish Mafia. Has a pair of nunchucks and a .22 pistol in his trunk. He's super cool.

Anyway, Jeremy was in my Heroes Unlimited campaign some years ago. You never need to worry about splitting your party or a villain when Jeremy is playing -- he's got that shit on lock. So in this campaign Jeremy's character is watching news stations for remote live broadcasts. When he finds one, he flies over to the location, slices off the reporter's skull cap, then eats their brains on live TV. Later we find Jeremy's character in one of the other PC's apartments raping the PC's wife and throwing the couple's baby out a window. The other PC's finally catch up with Jeremy's character and utterly destroy him. Jeremy (the real life one) rages, runs to his car, pops that trunk, then paces around his car for a few minutes with his gun-in-hand. He finally jumps in his car and peels off.

Some time later Jeremy's in another one of my games. This time it's White Wolf's version of Street Fighter. Jeremy's at it again -- pitted himself against the other PCs and has joined Shadowloo. Jeremy constantly enters tournaments the other PCs are in so he can have a chance at defeating them in front of a crowd. He fails -- every single time. At one point the other PCs (out of frustration) jumped Jeremy outside of a mall - causing permanent injuries. Out of pity (and to even the odds a bit), I had the Shadowloo organization hook Jeremy's character up with cybernetics. In the next tournament Jeremy is a powerhouse -- running through everyone on the roster. In the final fight, Jeremy is pitted against one of the other PCs. The fight is really close, but Jeremy ends up nearly winning. He had the other PC severely wounded and locked in a stun. Instead of finishing the PC off, Jeremy decides to parade around the ring and boast. The other PC breaks from the stun and delivers a devastating hurricane kick to Jeremy's head - knocking Jeremy out and winning the tournament.

At this time I had a rule (mostly because of Jeremy) that you couldn't create another character unless your current one was dead. But Jeremy's character wasn't dead - he was alive due to the miracle of modern medicine! Though... a paraplegic vegetable and in ICU on feeding tubes.

Pretty sure Jeremy threatened me with a katana that time.

Goddamn.

Did he ever leave the group?

I would be to afraid of playing with Jeremy because he could snap and actually kill me

I would be afraid of kicking Jeremy out of the group because he could snap and actually kill me.

It is lose-lose situation

Cant someone just call the cops?

>CoC
>We're investigating a serial killer
>It's misty up ahead
>There's a shadowy figure
>Think it looks he's holding a gun
>He shouts for us to put our hands up
>I quickdraw and shoot
>Go over to inspect this ruffian
>It's a kid
>He's lanky and thin, maybe 13 or so
>Holding a pipe
>No idea what to do
>Party soldier forces me to crag the body to the canals and dump it
>Have to read about what a sick fuck this serial killer is
>The kid was a war orphan caring for his 4 brothers and sisters

Yeah, his parents divorced and he moved out of state.

I was a dumb kid and thought the shit he was pulling was hilarious. In hindsight, yeah, basically we could have been murdered. I mean, we were falling on the ground laughing when he was pacing with that gun - easily could have pushed him over the edge. No one was actually afraid of him - which was really naive looking back at it.

Never learned how to draw, so the fan art my Paladin draws of his Goddess is of low quality.

You did the right thing. Anyone who bluffs they are holding a gun (which he did by telling you to put hands up) is accepting the risk of getting shot.

Never played Call of Cthulhu, but it just seems to me EVERYTHING a GM puts in front of you is probably a trap, yeah?

Everything is a trap of some kind. Even when the GM gives you boons, they're usually inside traps that destroy or withhold the boon.

Don't destroy the blood altar? Get a powerful item. Take the item? Corrupt the holder? Purify the holder? Destroy the item.

Sweet god so many regrets with current Superhero character...

>Never told the girl he was in love how he truly felt until she left the Academy. Was best friend for two years prior. Most brutal rejection I have ever witnessed In or Out of a game, that I had waited this long and chose to drop this on her at the last second when she had just joined a Convent (She was super religious NPC)

>During a training exercise, accidentally killed an NPC teammate. I was trying to knock him out with a mental attack, botched, rolled ona chart, turns out I lethally botched for him and he botched his saving throws down the line. Been nine years have not touched that power since.

>Inadvertently started a civil war in our academy because I was juggling two chicks. Apparently both of them thought were exclusively even though it had been agreed upon that this was an open for fun thing. Bitches right?

>Could've saved the new girl I had a thing for from getting horribly injured, but was too worried about getting hurt myself that I wasn't able to shit but watch.

>Some former classmates had gone rogue, oen of them was a guy who'd helped me out over the two chick fiasco, legit saved my life during it. Ended up drowning him in a pothole just outside of Hoboken NJ and leaving the corpse behind.

>Nailed best friends and number 1 homies sister. His twin sister. With whom he shares a psychic link with that is always active. Can never go back to NYC.

I'm fairly certain murdering is faster than the cops.

My mage could have in hindsight saved millions of lives just by desperately and futilely trying to counterspell an archmage's spell at the beginning of the campaign.

Like, he didn't at the time because he knew it wouldn't stop the spell at all, but having it be just a couple of points of potency weaker would have in hindsight allowed us to kill the guy way later in the campaign when we had actual proof that he was a cackling evil asshole, BEFORE he put the city past the point of no return.

In terms of actual reprehensible shit the worst would be my shugenja who had 2 peasants carry him through the shadowlands for over a week so he never set foot on tainted ground, only to execute and incinerate them after the nightmare was over and we stood back at the base of the great wall. Like don't get me wrong I'll make sure their families are treated well for peasants to honour their sacrifice, but there's no way I'm going to tolerate having disgusting possibly tainted peasants living out their lives in my village using precious jade tea supplies that could be going to samurai.

She locked dozens of nobles in their banquet hall and slaughtered them after taking over their duchy. She had no sympathy for those who remained complacent after what this duke had done.

Even so, their guilt was questionable at best, and children were present at the banquet. She eventually dedicated herself to bringing balance to humanity.

>lifetime GM slave
Why do people subject themselves to this torture? I've been DMing for 10 sessions, and I haven't really enjoyed any of it. I persist because the players are enjoying themselves, but it's not the same as playing a character.

I, personally, enjoy being a GM.
Then, othertimes, this one person who keeps nitpicking on fucking everything and tries to tell me how my setting works makes me hate being a DM.

The only reason I do it is because I want the type of game we're playing right now and I know none of them would be able to run it in a way I'd be interested in.

Some people enjoy GMing. I personally love the hell out of it for the most part, every once in a while though I regret ever sitting behind a screen. It just depends on the person. Some like crafting a tale, some like weaving a single portion of it. And there is nothing wrong with any of it. Unless it's Powergaming, Munchkinery and Railroading. Thats not right.

I bounce those fuckers right out of my table.

Is your Superhero game all about banging hot chicks or something?

As legit reason as any. Someone needs to take up the mantle, and I'm sure your players appreciate your efforts, even if they're retarded sometimes.
Nah, he isn't a that guy, but he sometimes tries to apply Tolkien-logic into my settings, even after I have explained that my setting isn't a carbon copy of the Middle-Earth. Otherwise he is a good guy.

No, it's just gone on for 13 years, i think we're coming up on 14 years here in a few months, only personally regret relationship stuff, don't regret any of the physical harm I've caused most people in the game.

AHhhhhhh one of those types. Had a guy like that in a L5R game I ran. He tried to force it to be Purely Feudal Japan almost every game.

I just don't enjoy playing. I like coming up with the hooks and all that. I'm constantly coming up with new characters - that works out better as a GM than a player that is bringing a new character to every game.

>that image
Reminds me the few kids we've met in our VtM game. One time, we were hiding out in the sewers and I was guarding the entrance. I had to knock some skulls together because we were about to get found out. Turns out this kid witnessed everything. I took him with me down below (my plan was for someone to change his memory with Dominate) and left him with a few "friends", since I had to report stuff to the Prince at the time. When I got back, all I found was a drained husk of a boy. Gave him a proper burial and all, but politics made it hard to go after his murderers.

In general, I like how our ST does morality. Instead of bashing us above the head with "this is evil" and shit, she just lets it play out and leaves us to agonize over the results, but often describing how terrified the people it affects are. Like, I tend to go out of my way not to kill, but there are times where I've just needed a snack and killed a few prostitutes and random people out and about during nighttime, and they're sometimes really scared and crying unless I nab them before they have a chance to react. This one time I found a love letter on this guy I had just killed. Really sad.

I feel like our GM just enjoys watching us squirm in the situations she sets up, like rats in a fucking maze.

Also, it's probably really fun to play all those different types of characters at the same time. Confusing and hard for sure, but exciting.

Not picking up the orphaned slave kid we found left behind in the abandoned mine.

We were gonna go fight daemons and witch cults, so I figured it would be a mistake to bring a kid.

Then exterminatus happened.

My GM likes to do that sort of stuff as well...the Teammate I accidentally killed I got to go to the funeral and explain to his widowed mother what happened. Wish to the gods above I could find a decent WoD darkness in my area...But the local scene is just flush with powergaming assholes, at least as far as I've found. I love the WoD setting, especially the Old WoD with VtM.

>Worst action?
Falling in love with a werewolf hunter, while being a werewolf.
>Worst regret?
That she fell in love as well.

Of course, that sort of thing doesn't work out like it does in trashy erotica. Our GM was far too good at describing things...

Tell me more.

STORYTIME

Pussy. Youet in his face, grab his .22, point it at your temple and fucking unnerve him with your balls of steel. Then you kick him in the balls and cap him right on the dick.

I'm afraid I'm not any good at story telling lads, I give a dryer account then getting sue by Disney does.

C'mon you cant give us a tragic love story synopsis and tease us then not go all the way, c'mon man.

Well, to put it simple, lone werewolves attract the attention of packs looking to wrestle them into the group. they also attract the attention of the opposite gender, who in usual >canines before apes fashion don't see any problem in attempting to off any 'weak' humans clinging onto to their target.

On her side, the whole having a family full of hunter meant she couldn't exactly keep in human contact without the danger of a relative tracking us down and murdering me, and possibly her. Plus the fact that seeing a werewolf triggers a primal fight or flight response meant she was always on edge around my beast form, which made me edgey as well. Though that last part did get a bit better.

Anywho, that sets the stage for what happened.

Know what you mean. Gives me the headache when people play WoD, CoC, 40k or other dystopian settings as a D&D hack and slash. Fuckers are missing the point of the settings.

Basically, a pack led by a fem alpha attacked, we beat them back, though she took a lot of damage. And then her family turns up, having been tracking said pack. They executed her in her fucking cot while I'm was out hunting the cabin.

Had one decent WoD GM, ran two games, first one was a Mortals game that was leading up into being a Supernatural game. Was kind of a Delta Green like game. Second one was set during the middle ages, Werewolves on the Silk Road, was fucking baller.

This is generally why I can't stand people who have only played D20 systems.

It's one thing to be a powergamey arsehole in D&D, it's another thing to take that mentality to a game that's supposed to be about the narrative.

> shooting a woman

I'd do it without the cannibalism

>The worst thing one of your previous/your current character has done or the most thing they regret having done in the past.
Worst Thing: Slaughtered almost an entire caravan of slaves and their slavers.
Biggest Regret: Not killing a baby.
In hindsight, killing the baby would have ended a stalemate and ultimately diffused the situation with less bloodshed, him in possession of greater resources, and the resulting consequences would have served his ultimate end.
LE character, but not an edge master.

That image/story sincerely gave me feels. Who could be such a soulless bastard ? Even schools shootings make more sense to me.

Damn, man.

Current game,

>Sleeping with the Queen of the country

The repercussions led to the group having to flee the country of which most were born natives, as well as leave behind a really cushy position we had. Now we're on the run, headed to someplace else probably shit.

>Then you kick him in the balls and cap him right on the dick.
>with a .22 pistol
Would be better off just stomping him in the dick.

I know man. I honestly got mad at the fucker. I sincerely hope it was fake, but it probably was real considering the fucks that live in our world today.

Gonna point out my group actually has 2 GMs: Me and a friend of mine. We're each running campaigns and we bounce back and forth based on what the group wants that day and how much the other guy has set up in our campaign. (My campaign doesn't need setup, it's more open-world with a guiding main quest and a war going on in the background.)

He and I actually plan to co-GM a campaign after his is over, all evil characters. He and I are going to share a character (two souls trapped in the same body) and have our own classes, it'll switch back and forth whenever the other takes over as GM. Should be interesting/fun.