Veeky Forums - The Spring Babby Cup Edition

Nine hours to go!

youtube.com/watch?v=AabN4PmzViE&t=12

Who is the Shadowrun rep and the Quest rep? America-san and Murderface? The roster isn't updated yet.

Our first match of the Spring is against . We defeated them 4-1 in Autumn 2013.

heres hoping our manager doesn't suck shit this cup, who am i kidding its actually incredible we lasted in the elites as long as we did and winning the cup was a damn fluke.

Since I'm not going to wake up in time for the pre-match thread, I'll just post this now.

Your first, possibly last Daily Neckbeard of the Spring Babby Cup.

Different managers.

Goddamn, the Veeky Forums - Veeky Forums game was amazing.

Hopefully the new guys will be more useful than that useless fuckwit called Jace.

Only a couple more hours till today's matches begin, just stopping the thread from falling of the catalog.

Akur Akir Akam, bretheren!

Bit of an early thread there.

Still, it's almost time now.

So begins the day.

it begins, let's see if we can get our groove back.

All this weeb shit ain't kawaii at all.

3PM EST, if anyone was going to ask. Who the fuck is Sam Vimes?

>Who the fuck is Sam Vimes?
Get

>not reading Discworld.

Should we really have a Quest Rep?

I mean, /qst/ is a thing now.

Team was ready before that, expect a replacement for Summer if the board stays..

eh it's not official yet besides we can Always change it after the cup.

Currently 2-all between /wg/ and our FLGS bros /m/. Show 'em some support, lads.

Keep us apprised user, I can't watch right now.

Good luck to /m/.

3-2 just now for /wg/
so far pretty tense and even match.

Seems more Veeky Forums to me. Seriously, a d12 would be more Veeky Forums related.

Why is our roster so shit?

And Char restores the balance! 3-all!

He scores 3x more goals than other zakus.

Yer skirtin' the line fer a bannin' offense there, user.

>Every
>Fucking
>Thread

Stop. Just stop. Kill yourself.

we just had a roster change what the fuck more do you want if you don't like it you vote limpdick.

It's not that we have a shit roster. It's just you that have shit taste.

Woah, let's not get hasty... I like my fantasy fiction just as much as the next guy. I'm just wondering how he hangs with the rest of the memes.

We got new players? Who are they?

Veeky Forums hates "genre fiction", along with everything else.

Char hattrick! 4-3 /m/!

Literally 3x more.

Go /m/!

By the way, we have a Veeky Forums Cup IRC.

Server: 50.116.23.163
Channel: #Veeky Forums

And Alteisen buries it for 5-3!

Lets hope we can do the same.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that "GURPS" and "Shadowrun Rep" were the epitome of good taste.

I've got a strong feeling that the people who are most dedicated to this thing might not be the best at selecting a cast to represent anything outside of 40k.

"Shadowrun Rep" isn't a player you mong, America-san is the shadowrun representative, and both the battlemech and shadowrun generals were asked for who they wanted on the team.

Wrong. The roster is decided by the fans, through the poll. The fans voted for this and if you can't accept that then I guess you should just kill yourself.

If you really want to try and convince me that the current "fans" knows what a good roster is, you might want to have a good roster to show first.

You're right, in that the people who care about this should be the one's who help decide who's on the team, but you're doing a pretty good job at making sure that a lot of people don't want to care about this.

>Veeky Forums games are some of the most watched, and is one of the most popular teams in the cup
>a lot of people don't want to care about this

It's only you that has the problem mate, since you show up for every cup to cry about the roster. But you know that and are just here to troll. Die.

Suggest us a good roster then?

C'mon, lets see it.

Quests are still more Veeky Forums.

Christ Hitbox lags like a motherfucker. Is there no other place to watch the stream?

See Lots of changes. Jace is out. Atlas is out. Cultist-chan is out.

This; my stream looks like crap right now. Twitch at least had the virtue of being stable.

>quests
>more Veeky Forums than /qst/
>quests are more /traditional games/ than /quests/

What the fuck are you smoking senpai?

I can make suggestions about the games I play. I'm a fan of Emracool and Urban Mech is okay, but Sir Bearington and Old Man Henderson are awful picks.

>Quests are more Veeky Forums related than they are quest related
???
Regardless if you think quests are Veeky Forums related, having a board specifically for quests would mean quests are more /qst/ related.
If they get a team, then obviously Veeky Forums will have to cede their quest rep.

It just feels wrong that Cultist-Chan is out.

But, looking at the population of Veeky Forums, it's hardly a sizable group of fans.

Alright, who would be a better CoC rep than Henderson, or a better rep than Bearington?

>Veeky Forums will have to cede their quest rep.

Not if the rep is from a quest that runs on Veeky Forums.

Looking at the population of Veeky Forums the 4CC is extremely niche and doesn't appeal to more than 1% of users, it's a global thing, and Veeky Forums has a fuckton of fans, I'd say just below /pol/ or maybe even /mlp/. Veeky Forums is an incredibly popular board, moreso than /v/ which has a much higher population.

>implying that we're not in a grace period and quests will be slowly shunted off to /qst/

Once/if /qst/ passes the trial phase I imagine all current Veeky Forums quests will be moved there.

If anything, it would have to be some of the real old stuff, Like Drew the Lich or Ruby.

If the /qst/ board sticks around long enough to get a rep in the cup then by then it will have stopped being "trial board" status and all quests will have been moved there.
If it becomes an "official board" and mods don't move quests over to /qst/ then that'd just be pants on head retarded.

This; /qst/ is getting a ton of activity since it went live. Mods are going to go Nazi on Veeky Forums quest threads once it goes past trial.

How long are boards in a trial state anyway?

Actually if you look through the /qst/ catalog most of the threads are oneshot quests under 200 posts.

No idea.

Things come and go user, we can't dwell in the past forever.

Sure, but if the board stays afloat until it stop being a trial, all the Veeky Forums quest runners will have to run there, and ergo it'll pick up a lot of new activity and stay there.

We should be proud. We've finally got a sibling/child board.

Link to the stream, anyone? Is it broadcasting yet?

implyingrigged.info

Personally, I'll just be reading the stuff I follow on whatever board it's gonna be posted.

Quests are an incidental thing for me, though, so I've picked up a bunch of those quests because they looked interesting on the Veeky Forums catalog.
I'm not sure if that's gonna happen on /qst/ since I'm not already looking over that catalog for my Veeky Forums topics.
I think that might become an issue with attracting new users on /qst/.

However long mods and Hiro decide. /film/ was in trial for about 2 days before they decided it was /trash/ because /tv/ just shitposted all over it instead of using it.

/aco/ had a trial period of 30 seconds before it was made official and all Western was banned off /d/.

I am really liking how the stadiums are named under the scoreboard.

Just give the /qst/ catalog a quick glance every once in a while, it's easy to see if a quest is something you'd be interested or not.

I think /qst/ would be better implemented if it covered all "forum games", stuff like CYOA, nation builders, risk, skirmishes, etc, so it had enough variety and general appeal to have a flow of new users.

Henderson isn't really a CoC rep, considering that the game he ended up playing barely resembled CoC.
Also, an elder god would be a good pick for a CoC rep. Hastur or even just straight up Cthulu.
Hell, even just putting HP Lovecraft in would be fun.

And for a D&D rep, it's hard to go two steps without tripping over a better one than Bearington.
Outside of the official character like Elminster, Drizzt, or any of the gods/demons/devils, there's also video game characters like Minsc, Veeky Forums story characters like Yellow Dragon or Stuffed Tarrasque, cartoon characters like that squat little Dungeon Master, and even just broad ideas like Natural 20. Some of these went up for a vote in the past, but even if they're not great, they're still better than Bearington.

>playing barely resembled CoC.
That's the point of the Henderson scale.

Lovecraft is already on Veeky Forums you noob.

Bearington isn't a D&D rep. He's just a fun meme.

The Cup and the Team is about having MEMES play soccer. We do not have "reps" in the normal sense, except that the poison of generals means certain franchises have more votes. A lot of fans were sick and tired of having 6-8 Warhammer players and wanted more variety, and Shadowrun as a franchise got more votes than other games like Warmachine or Traveller. Quests also got a lot of votes scattered around a half-dozen threads, so that's on the team as a "Quest Rep" until we see what NED and Marqod came up with for the player.

>henderson scale
>fun meme

Ugh.

We went back to Murderface since the Quest Master idea that got voted in to replace her got voted out even harder in the next poll and there were plenty of quest votes but no agreement in the poll.

At least with Murderface we know that she wasn't really hated on.
If only Decu got back to actually running his quest instead of drawing lewds and collecting expensive toys.

Lovecraft is already a Veeky Forums player, and /x/ already have Cthulu/Elder God on their team, whereas Henderson is distinctly identifiable as both Veeky Forums and from a CoC storytime.

I feel like just name dropping characters who don't have board significance (for example, CREEEED/Tactical Genius was a meme here before Creed got on the team), Pelor the burning hate was a player for a while I think.
Yellow Dragon was a decently fun storytime but it didn't have the simplicity or lasting appeal that Bearington does, I've got no idea what Stuffed Tarrasque is so I can't comment.
We've got a decent number of just "broad ideas" such as That Guy, Grognard, etc.
And I'm not sure if you can make the call that they are better than Bearington or have more appeal to a lot of people, because as you said they lost the vote to get/stay in.

Voting already happened for the Shadowrun Rep and the Quest Rep, dunno why they aren't updated on the wiki.

>We've finally got a sibling/child board.

I disagree. Unlike the /mlp/-/co/ relationship, quests weren't purely contained on Veeky Forums as a topic. Other boards like /a/ or /b/ had their own quests, and one of the main reasons quests turned sour here was that the other boards' quests got pushed here on a whim and we had to deal with literally fanfiction.

There's a 650+ risk thread in /qst/ right now.

Grognard is also a representative of the various historical wargaming threads.
After all, there's a second (actually the original) kind of Grognard.

As a CoC player, I'd actually prefer no rep instead of OMH.

I don't mean like /mlp/-/co/, I was talking more in the /v/-/vp/ or Veeky Forums or /vr/ sense. And let's face it, quests are incredibly Veeky Forums inspired. That's why they were pushed here in the first place.

We should embrace our relationship with /qst/. Now their threads aren't cluttering up our board, people who don't like quests don't have to deal with them, but people who like both boards can acknowledge the connection our boards have.

I wish that were the case, but I have the feeling that there will be longlasting resentment from the questpeople who have been for all intents and purposes kicked out of the board, with no lack of cheering and mocking from the antiquestpeople. Better to keep things distant imo.

You got outvoted.

>Now their threads aren't cluttering up our board

except they still are

I have a much bigger problem with all the fucking generals than with any quest thread.

>MTG General
>Pauper General
>EDH General
Why?

That's also how Quest Quest made the roster.

Give it time. It'll take a while for some questers to adjust while we move through the trial period. The new board's got all sorts of nice trinkets to help with quests.

Trial Period, user. Give it time.

MtG's a divisive game, user, what can I tell ya?

I dislike generals but I can see how it's not really enforceable to ban them, since unlike /a/ or /v/ Veeky Forums doesn't really get a lot of new content for things like shadowrun or DnD outside of every few months, so how do you decide when having a few shadowrun threads becomes a general?
I don't like them, but I can see their use and also don't think that there's a real solution.

If nothing else, he's a great example of LG done right.

>simplicity
It certainly has that. Bear Chickenboo sums it up entirely.

>lasting appeal
That's what it lacks. It has the qualities of being easy to repost endlessly, but there's nothing much beyond it after you've read it once, and the joke falls apart if you understand that D&D doesn't work in the way the writer thinks it does.

Not since we managed to get banned from twitch, twice.

Funny as hell, though.

For the record, OP, don't include "Quest" in the OP since a lot of anons have that filtered.

But.

We.

Have.

/qst/

There are still plenty of quests in Veeky Forums.

Well, time for our bros /k/.

Best goal horn so far today by a wide margin.

b-b-b-b-but it's not official

Gotta love that Airbrushed, though.

Anamanaguchi is also pretty good.

>/i/ kills /k/