"Lamias and saíir go into heat annually...

"Lamias and saĆ­ir go into heat annually, a week-long period when the urge to reproduce outweighs almost all other desires
and at which time they are the most fertile. The intelligent lamia types prefer to mate with humans in order to produce
offspring of their own sort, but if none are available they will mate with their own kind. If they encounter a human outside
of the summer mating season, the human's presence may cause them to come into heat out of season. Common lamias are hermaphrodites; any two of them can mate, with either of the pair being impregnated in the process. This also means that they can mate with both male and female humans. If a common lamia mates with a male human, the lamia can be impregnated, but if the lamia mates with a female human, the unfortunate woman bears the cubs."

- Spike Y. Jones, "The Ecology (Love Life) of the Lamia", Dragon Magazine #192

It's okay if you read it in BBC documentory host's voice.

fucking hell if your going to make this thread at least post snektits

How about Nigel Thornberry's?

Well that's not far, Tim Curry's voice only makes it sexier

Fuck you.

Did you seriously think this was a 'problem' limited to Veeky Forums only? Oh, ye of little faith...

>Article published in Dragon Magazine
>unrelated to Veeky Forums
Huh?

I have this strange vision of Attenborough doing a MonMusu documentary now

Sooo, magical realm general thread?

This board's userbase, user.

>Dragon magazine
>unrelated to the userbase of Veeky Forums
I'll say it again: huh?

>Did you seriously think MAGICAL REALMING was a 'problem' limited to THE USERBASE OF Veeky Forums only? Oh, ye of little faith...

Jesus, how dense can you be?

Dragon Magazine also gave us the Drow word for "orgasm induced by your babies trying to kill eachother in the womb". And a lot of the people who wrote this kind of stuff went on to write Pathfinder.

I think I found a new fetish!

If it didn't involve a fucking orgasm, it'd be a cool word to have in the Drow lexicon. It'd give a lot of insight as to what kind of creatires they are when fetuses killing each other has a specific word.

>Lamias are primarily attracted to humans, a completely unrelated species to whom they have basically nothing in common physiologically, when viable males of their own species exist.

Fuck. Right. Off.

To be fair, it's pretty specifically described as being better than an orgasm.

>basically nothing in common physiologically,
I thought they were basically the same from the waist up.

That's the main issue, everything below the waist. Also aren't Lamia cold-blooded? Why go through the mess that is hand-waving these things away instead of just doing the sensible thing and making Lamia/Human reproduction impossible/extremely unlikely except for extremely rare and controlled circumstances?

You have defiled the sanctity of Sir David Attenborough's voice.

May God forgive you because I can not.

a (horny)wizard did it.

So the drow are sharks?

Are we talking about the "Traditional Lamia" here? Are we talking about 1e D&D lamia here? Are we talking about D&D Lamia Nobles here? Are we talking about the D&D Lamia that are actually some sort of insects here?
The answer depends a bit on that.

Reguardless of inter breeding matters it is natural for a species to primarily be attracted to members of their own kind, thus lamia breeding seasons would very much resemble garter snakes all rolled in a big ball as they try to get themselves in the closest hole, and if as the article states they are hermaphroditic then it becomes a daisy chain of fertilization

I presume the article is talking about the "traditional" lamia (which is a centaur-type creature with a female human torso on a lion body). That's how lamias in DnD have usually been portrayed as, with the snake-lamia bieng a separate monster (called a lmia noble) added later. Except in 4th edition where lamias were women that could transform into a swarm of bugs. They went back to liontaurs in 5th edition, though.

>when viable males of their own species exist.
Look at it like this: viable females of our species exist, but we'd drop them like a bag of bricks if lamia's, mermaids and elves existed and were desperate for human cock. If you get to choose between yet another boring and demanding human bitch or a deliciously brown muscle elf, which would you choose?

Wasn't it so that they weren't really women that could transform into a swarm of bugs, but rather a swarm of insects that killed and took over bodies, in order to get more "food" or something?
And by "Traditional Lamia", I was more referring to the snake-lamias. I wonder why there have to be so many different kinds...

Lamias are to humans as lizards are to chimps. It makes no sense for creatures with a completely different physiology and, most likely, psychological structure to be attracted to creatures with which they have nothing in common.

I didn't know lizards were miniature apes from the waist up.

Because the lion type is based on classical myth, with other options added later on and sometimes not based on anything. Then Japan got DnD books and decided they liked the snake kinds, while DnD was off making yuan-ti and nagas for snake people.

Isn't the "Japanese" kind based on the poems of that one Brit, though?
Anyway, when you think of it, both are the same amount of right, as the myth only said that Lamia was half human, half some sort of a demon, which could be either lion-like or snake-like.

In DnD humans are second to only dragons as the optimal breeding partner; they can mate with nearly anything.

That makes no sense at all, whatsoever; it shouldn't be that way either. It just seems like thinly veiled HFY, and a way to justify bullshit like half-dragons, half-giants and other shit while preventing mixes of other kinds. I mean that instead of applying the results universally, by making half-dwarf+orcs they went for unabashed masturbation fodder.

Adaptability is the classic d&d human trait. It makes a very small amount of sense, but it does make sense

That's the issue here though. They are two/three parts lion/snake/human hermaphrodite things and humans, on a fundamental level, are not.

They're human enough to be fuckable by non-furry standards. Most nip-style monstergirls are effectively humans with some weird, unique traits. Except centaurs, fuck centaurs.

Dragons and giants are multiple times the size of humans. It's most likely that their testicles alone are the size of the average human woman's fists, if not larger. I shudder to think both of the dick size and the eventual child's size, weight and nutritional needs. It is not how such a thing should be. The casualness with which such things are waved away is unacceptable when the rules of logic are immediately, if rightly, applied to others.

We aren't talking about fucking, that's a whole different wheelbarrow. We're discussing reproduction, as in babies. Humans, of no kind at any point in their lives, are not three/two parts snake/lion/human hermaphrodites all at once. That's just not a trait humans posses.

What the fuck is up with Dragon Magazine?

Another user here, and I don't get what you're saying either. Try rewriting your point more clearly.

>fuck centaurs
I wish user

Why are you thinking in real-world biological terms. Genetically, lamia fuction as a seperate race rather than a seperate species. A lamia fucking a human is no different from a whitey fucking a black or asian.

And from an evolutionary point of view it adds genetic variance.

...didn't know that I wanted this, but now I really want this

Problem faggot?

Centaurs are just mermaid tier to them.

THEN WHY DO I WANT TO FUCK A THRI-KREEN, HUH?!

That's not fair though, everyone is Darling-sexual

I'd watch it

A subset of Veeky Forums is a subset of dragon mag readers.