Go to Magic night at my friend's house

>go to Magic night at my friend's house
>bring a soldier deck I threw together with cards in my collection
>5 player FFA
>the other decks have at least a dozen cards that cost more than my entire deck
>one costs $1200
>the guy with the $1200 decks flips the fuck out becuase I have a skullclamp
>"skullclamp is fucking banned user"
>"oh, sorry, but let's be honest, my deck is nothing compared to your guy's, so I think it's okay"
>keeps playing a few more rounds
>I get some lucky draws, wipe his board with fell the mighty and swing for lethal
>player flips the fuck out, throws a hissyfit and leaves for the night

>frogposting

It's really his fault. For not kicking you out the moment they found you're playing banned card.

>frogposting
>caring about the value of decks
>using banned cards in a format (unless it's casual than its a house ban and you're an ass) and claiming it's okay because your deck is cheap

report frogposts

sage frogposts

hide frogposts

>go to Magic night at my friend's house

lol what is wrong with your life that you would willingly do this

I will always be amazed at people who care so fucking much about what is banned.
Unless if it's a tournament, who gives a flying shit what McSchmuck over at MTG-HQ thinks you are allowed to play. If you do care, establish that BEFORE playing.

This shit is just as bad as people who flip their shit when you used a Blaziken in a casual pokemon battle.

>how dare you use Primeval Titan user, that card is banned in EDH
>lol turn 2 blightsteel colossus

The faggots who are most obsessed with bans are always the most cancerous fucks

Yeah, why the fuck should anyone have friends? Faggots.

>magic night at someone's place
>HURRR THE BANLIST IS REAL

I always thought you can play whatever the fuck you want when you play kitchentable magic.

Dumb frogposter

>I always thought you can play whatever the fuck you want when you play kitchentable magic.
You can't play un-cards, and honestly I don't see any difference between un and banned cards.

Depends on the playgroup.

>player flips the fuck out, throws a hissyfit and leaves for the night
Cool. So, why the depressing frog?

>Not playing with un cards at kitchen casual
>The fucking set designed around casual play isn't for kitchen table.
What are you smoking? Cheatyface is one of the most memorable UN cards and the UN basic lands are popularly called the best full-art lands out there.

In response to OP. The guy with the $1,200 deck probably cares so much about banned cards because he spent a mortgage payment on his pile of 60 cards instead of using the cheaper banned cards. He probably feels cheated. Otherwise he's a flaming faggot.

>The guy with the $1,200 deck probably cares so much about banned cards because he spent a mortgage payment on his pile of 60 cards instead of using the cheaper banned cards
I could understand this considering he's a minimum-wagecuck. That's like an entire month's pay down the drain on paper toys.

Hey guys, how expensive can my deck be before the ban list applies to me? I'd like to keep it right at the edge of that.

If you have to ask or it's at all ambiguous, it applies to you.

about tree fiddy

>he wants to use primeval titan in EDH
I'm glad bans shut you down, shitter.

No cards above $1.15 that were individually bought. If you got a single sylvan advocate in there because you pulled it from a pack that's different.

Okay. Guess I'll make a budget black/white ally deck with doom blade, ally encampment, ultimate price, and a brutal hordechief I pulled from a pack.

>lol I just called a really good card bad, that must mean I'm sooo good at magic that I don't need great cards XD