/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Previous kalpa: Several rounds of debate ensue, but no actual facts are presented, and Dhavin finally moves to adjourn. An entire evening wasted.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus except Pelinal Whitestrake please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unsent_Afflicted_Letter
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43642/?
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mysticism_Trainers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Telvanni.

second for redoran

Third for Mora.

Fourth for Indoril, not pictured due to BETRAYAL

>the whole Great House gets massacred by Morag Tong
Hardcore.

>implying house mora is dead
The Ra'athim are behind everything, user. Everything.

>that filename

kek'd

May I present one of the few good things in ESO

cute dragonsneks

TES needs more Sneks. If they do Hammerfell next, I want some version of Mongolian Deathworms. Just as snakes instead of worms.

I wouldn't mind when if they visit Black Marsh, that there were all sorts of serpents and wyrms and shit. Sort of like how there are different forms of Khajiit, but the Hist basically made all these solely for making sure anyone who invades Argonia can politely fuck off. Argonians being the only really diplomatic race.

It would kind of work, since there's already things like hydras.

Its alright to bully Peryite, right? He smells like farts

Bethesda's 'capital cities' will never not trigger me with their 20 houses.

I find it odd how his enemy in Daggerfall is listed as Vaermina. You'd think with his whole natural order thing, he'd be enemies of Molag Bal, who tries to upset the natural order.

Still, I honestly don't think Peryite is that dickish of a daedric prince. Skyrim especially seemed to try and mellow him out a bit.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unsent_Afflicted_Letter

>trying to spread a disease all over tamriel
>mellow out

Well yeah but he's not being a dick about it.

Pery has always been a dick, even in Skyrim.

They're competing for the role of least relevant Prince.

so,uh, ESVI when?

never

ever

is it OC?

Was Magnus blind to the potential of Nirn, or was he right to abandon Mundus before it was too late?

Was Lorkhan a devilish trickster, or a wise spirit who wanted to create the best possible world?

Magnus had to leave, his presence made Nirn unstable.

>Was Lorkhan a devilish trickster
If you're a filthy knife ear. Talk shit about Shezarr again, see what happens bitch.

How did the early Imperials manage to take control of the White-Gold Tower? The Aylieds built it and made its stone, and there's never been another instance of a tower being 'passed' to another race.

after we get ESV

Pelinal banished Umaril, got dismembered, and the aylieds decided to fuck off once their demigod warrior king died.

Speaking of Pelinal's dismemberment. Is the armor from Knights of the Nine Pelinal's body? I haven't played it in a long time, back when I didn't know any lore.

Probably not - each one was said to be made by the Divines, so it's probably literal armor to go over his cyborg body. Or the remnants of his body have changed over time, like the shape of some artifacts do.

And looking at Varieties of Faith, it says that Morihaus is portrayed as the Taker of the Citadel, so it[s probably not just Umaril's death.

Pelinal was said to have a face in one of the song of Pelinal books I believe, so it is his armor. His mortal remains long decomposed. One could argue it was a projection, but I doubt it. Always take deep lore stuff with a grain of salt, especially if it's not mostly in-game.

So Tiber Septim mantled Shezzar, right? Talos is obviously a fairly pro-human god.

Well, Pelinal being a construct of some sort, and not a man, is heavily implied in The Song of Pelinal.

>beneath the Pelinal's star-armor was a chest that gaped open to show no heart, only a red rage shaped diamond-fashion

So he's literal rage incarnate. He might not be a future death robot sent back in time to kill elves, but he is definitely not a man. Although now that I read that, he does have star-armor, so my original question was answered there I suppose.

after we get ESIV

who's the little guy near the flower?

An imgakin

>ayylieds
fuck you tumblr

"mundus was a mistake"
- magnus

But they're literally called Aylieds. Heartland High Elves is a bit of a mouthful.

Ayleid. E-I

I BEFORE E EXCEPT AFTER C

not for a proper noun

>most worshippers of Z'en were wiped out by a plague

So that's why the Bosmer seem unable to work for anything.

There are more exceptions to that rule than words which follow it. Also, this:

Peryite is the prince of disease. He pretended to be the prince of order after Jyggalag went bonkers but nobody actually took him seriously in that regard, in no small part because he had no idea what he should actually DO as the "prince of order".

He's at odds with Vaermina because Vaermina gives him nightmares

ESO says that he keeps things orderly in Oblivion by fighting wild daedric creatures.

>Peryite is in charge of keeping daedrons - chaotic creatia made sentient from the exertion of Daedric or mortal will - from causing damage in Oblivion, mainly through events known as 'realm-rips'. When asked, Lord Fa-Nuit-Hen says that "trying to keep ahead of it all keeps Peryite mighty busy, but nobody really feels sorry for him - after all, he earned it."

Personally I think it's a stupid way of working in the natural order part of his portfolio. It should be like Nurgle and his unchanging stuff.

Yeah well ESO can piss up a rope, because that's not how daedra or oblivion work.

They didn't work even then, they just stole from the best thieves and gave to the worst thieves.

Lush Ascadian Isles looks really good.
Better than a lot of texture replacers.

>tfw bb clothes keep clipping with robert's bodies

wow this thread is moving fucking slow today

It's been a while since I've last played Morrowind.
Does it also have more bandit population that city folk in a fashion similiar to Skyrim?

As far as I remember, most of the enemies in the game are creatures and dagoth faggots, though there are a few bandits.

A lot of times, you'll see someone on the road, talk to them, and then they'll try and mug you. You wise up after a while. Most bandit groups are like, 7 people or so.

Playing Sotha Sil Expanded
Where is the Archcanon?
Where is the Temple District?
Where can I get a bed to sleep?

What is the truth of TES, Veeky Forums? What's the point? Who do we want to win in the end? What philosophy should we follow?

It's just a video game, user

It is to know love.

There is only one truth, and that is
That none of it matters from, at best, this point forward

The point is to kill things, read books and be the big hero that lets the world keep spinning for a few more years.

Wait, does Nirn spin? Does it orbit a star?

Hey, wanting to set up a game where the party plays as bandits. Any ideas on what to include and how to run it? Was thinking of setting it in Daggerfall, Skyrim or Cyrodiil before possibly getting into more alien terrain.

Nirn is the center of everything. Nirn spins, Masser orbits Nirn, Secunda orbits Masser. The sun sits between Nirn and the void, where Magnus watches the world he designed from afar.

Will this bandit group have a history reaching back centuries to the great founding bandits whose relics are either lost or kept out of the reach of the players?

Like seemingly every faction the player joins.

Is that map to scale?

Nope. Just a bunch of dudes who formed under an old orc. Very recent group. Setting it either after the events of Skyrim, After the events of Oblivion or Five years after the Great War.

I don't believe so. I don't think we know for sure how big the other planets are, being God bodies and such. Its just to show the astronomy.

This is the official Orrey, so this might be better to scale.

I'd recommend after the Oblivion Crisis - nothing's quite fragmented yet, but there's a lot of problems, and plenty of opportunity for bandits to make coin. You could even literally watch everything fall apart.

And I'm a bit of a Bretonfag, but I'd recommend starting in High Rock. Orcs are pretty plentiful there in Orsinium, and you're distant enough you have time before you have to react to events going on - unlike in Cyrodiil, where the Legions will be prowling everywhere and there'll be too much devastation for a good profit.

>Zenithar is closest to Mara and Dibella

And thus it is confirmed that only hard work can get you women.

But seriously, how can they tell which ones are which? Does the size mean anything, or the positioning?

Rally all the bandits and take over the world. The collective population of all bandit groups easily outnumbers the folks living in cities, even more so when you take rogue mages, necromancers and cultists into account.

A number of bandit camps like to use traps, catching wolves, fighting pits, bars, hostages, drug trafficking, slaves trafficking and of course attacking travellers and trade carts, some of which have guards and powerful artefacts that you have to give to the boss.

A quest could be to catch a vampire while they slept to use as a trap. The vampire will need to be starved before you can rely on them to go berserk on an intruder once released from a cage, which is also when they're most powerful. That's some quality bandit security right there. And don't let the players convince the boss that it's a bad idea, it's a GREAT IDEA!.

Then there's the problems bandits have to deal with. Invading cultists looking for a crowd of sacrifices. Guards patrolling and attacking. Adventurers and possibly even Heroes come to wipe you out. Falmer, Spiders, Dwemer Constructs and other deep cave dwelling creatures breaking into the hideout from below or the bandits digging too deep. Second in commands trying to usurp leadership from the boss. Local pair of ogres/trolls chased away another group of bandits from a trade cart they took down. Farm stopped paying protection money because the Legion appeared. Have to move since trouble's brewing too hot. Have to rescue boss' son from another group of bandits. Boss been eating the mushrooms that're making him a bit loopy and giving weird commands.

Don't forget inter-bandit warfare. Bandits and Marauders, different gangs lead by different leaders, people who quarreled and formed split off groups. It could sort of be like rough politics on the edges of civilization, forming tenuous alliances and backstabbing the worst of your friends and turning the rest on the most dangerous of your enemies.

So the chameleon spell was probably dropped for being too OP, so what lore explanation can you all think for why it was dropped?

They still have invisibility so as far as I'm concerned the loss is benign lore-wise.

Simple - necromancy wasn't available in earlier games due to how it was illegal. Chameleon type spells were banned after the Oblivion Crisis, because of the Emperor's assassination and later fears in Skyrim about assassination of local leaders causing chaos and instability.

A lot of magic is about what is legal, what is available, and what is taught. A lot of mysticism was constrained to keep it from delving too close to true necromancy.

Highrock does seem like the place. Breton nobles tossing their coin about, hiring brigands to intercept rival trading routes and such. Eventually I want them travelling all over for some reason. Gotta find a catalyst for that.

Depends on when you set it, but a good general reason is that some noble gets strong enough that he decides he no longer needs your help and forces you out. Or the pickings just get too slim, or the roads too dangerous.

How about visiting redguard? I imagine hitting a forebear envoy or something like that would win them a powerful enemy. What would Orsinium even be like? I never hear much talk about the kind of city it was.

What does /tgesg/ think of /r/teslore?

Sure, that could be a good plan. And it's called Hammerfell - the race is Redguard.

As for Osinium, we don't really know what the town itself looks like. I'd imagine it's like one of those Orc strongholds in Skyrim, but bigger and with some proper walls. Orsinium is also the name of a larger Orcish kingdom that formed after the Warp in the West.

Too tinfoil hat-y.

Casuals, autists, ESO supporters.

It's alright.

Head through the residential district, last I checked there's a Guide at the front of each one who gives directions. Either way you can sort of navigate it just by looking at what buildings have lightning rods over them, since the only buildings in the entire clockwork city have those rods over them.

Don't you immediately get a house once you walk out of the place? The voice tells you to use Fyr Manor.

Alright tgesg, how do the cultures of Nirn celebrate Mother's Day?

Orcs usually visit your mom on this day.

They don't, as far as we know.
But it was Second Planting yesterday, and tomorrow it's Marukh's Day.

Based Temple.

>putting deep and philosophical thought into drunken squabbling of some basement dweller

like every weekend

What are you anons doing for Lady Mara today? She is the Mother Goddess after all.

FUCK OFF BETHKEK

rude

Every day is Mother's Day

thanks
I can find Fyr Manor storage, but not Fyr Manor itself.

I like teslore, its a good place to go during the weekdays, so long as theres no C0DA or ESO bullshit going on, its fine

>A lot of magic is about what is legal, what is available, and what is taught.

Is that why in Skyrim you can't Enchant Spell Absorption, and Spell Reflect is utterly gone? Because the Thalmor did it (to make it even harder to fight back against them)?

did someone order a package of memes?

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43642/?

Ah, Illusion. One of the most subtle schools, it changes perception, not reality. You will never be able to change what is or is not, only what seems to be. But what if perception is reality? Why you could be a god, something worth pondering.

Destruction, most mages deride it as a blunt instrument, barely worth consideration at an academic level. Be wary, destruction begets destruction, and always seeks its own. But under a steady will, a well aimed bolt may carve a jagged gash through history.

Conjuration is a trap for the careless and the foolish. Creatures bound only work under sufferance, and the Daedra are ever eager to betray. They are immortal, and their memories stretch endlessly. If you are wise and courtious, you may survive. Never suppose that any being is completly under your thrall.

Alteration creates no mere change in perception, it affects what is. In many ways Alteration is the most grounded of the schools of magic. Just remember, grounded isn't the same as simple.

I confess, I never get much of a chance to practice Restoration. I suppose I could always experiment on you, but not even Restoration can bring back the dead

You cannot explain Mysticism. It defies the hopes of wouldby scholars seeking to fit it to a definition. It is a school of paradoxes and internal inconsistincies, and the Psijic's treat it as a way of life. Mysticism cannot be taught, and each of us studies it in solitude

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mysticism_Trainers