Warhammer 40k General

You'll Never Ride A Reaver Jetbike Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/all-products/ad-mech-infinite-circuit-ebook.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for dude where's my fighter?

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN FORTIFIED!

Secons for put genestealer back.

It was never there.

>Genestealer
What Genestealer, loyal citizen of the Imperium? There is no Xenos presence here but the sanctioned fauna that we have brought with us.

Onto more serious discussions, however. Provided GW does go the way of making the new flyer rules and Dogfight phase non-supplemental, how do we feel the meta will be affected?

>Orks
>I2
>s3
>bs2
>ld7
>6+
>av 10
>no invulnerable saves
>pay twice the points everyone else does for similar equipment but has half the ability to use it

Where is chickin?

Are you trying to make a joke, clinically retarded or both?

>reply to a post hours later after that user left

Man, you are either a coward or someone really petty.

What if Tzeentch is the true Benefactor of the Tau rise so he can become as powerful as he used to be during the Dark Age of Technology full of Hope and Wonder?

Praise the Omnisaah, btw new codex when pls GW

Not there. The same autist has been making the threads because the chicken and tau face trigger him.
Just don't make a big deal about it and wait a while and the chicken will be back.

Is there's some strategy that the Eldar can't handle?

What if your hand was a scorpion?

Gotta have the last word user. Veeky Forums did not become the most baitable board on Veeky Forums by not replying to things.

I have to know OP, what's with the mouths?
I understand why the tau face and chicken are controversial, but why would someone edit the mouthes out? How could anyone be bothered by that?

What sort of eldar, what lineup, what deployment, who has first turn, what enemy?

Siege and attrition?

According to the Iron Hand in the "Infinite Circuit", he can feel the mirth and mocking contempt of the stasis'ed Necron entity in the story.

Also the Admech were using it as a power source and subject of worship.

blacklibrary.com/all-products/ad-mech-infinite-circuit-ebook.html

Probably unlikely considering the Tau have explicitly less psychic presence and therefore their emotional runoff is lesser than that of Humans, and drastically lesser of that than the race of Psykers the Imperium may one day possess.

No, it's called me leaving to go out before he replied and replied back.

I'm sorry I don't stay all day on /40kg/ arguing with people who don't understand simply things, perhaps he's on the spectrum, I don't know.

It was a joke, someone notices if they removed their gaping mouths they instead got frownyfaces.

I did the edit and people have run with it occasionally.

Let it go, you autist, let it go

youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE

Veeky Forums is far from the most baitable board.
Go onto /pol/, for instance, post some image or article that argues against the beliefs on /pol/ (so any thing that goes against the west, consertive values, christanity, capitalism or any of the ideas of the alt-right and libertarian factions that make up the majority of the board), the stupider or more easily debunked the better, and type in big letters at in the topic bar and at the bottom:
/pol/ ABSOLUTELY BTFO.
And watch as you get hundereds of replies.

Veeky Forums isn't great, but we're far from the most baitable.

I'm cool, I was having a discussion with him, I wasn't mad or angry, it just seemed rude, I had to pop out for the family.

Whatever. Life goes on.

If they were alone, yes, but what about the dozens of subject races that bring with them?

Different user, but by replying to him you're proving your own inability to Let It Go

Whats the best chinaman if CCON doesn't have what I'm looking for ? Thx.

Tzeentch is big on prophecy. Farsight is destined to succumb to madness and emerge as the Mont'shaar. It's strongly hinted that it's due Chaos corruption.

Anyway, Mont'shaar means the "Terror that burns dark". Ahra who is a fallen Eldar PL is said to have burned with the dark flame of Chaos.

Coincidence?

this, ow so this. While eldar has some stupid op options, once you get past those it's actually a decent codex in that it has a fair variety of different options among all the other things.

Take out wraithknights, scytheguard, warpspiders, and make bikes back to 1 heavy weapon per 3 and the codex would be one of the best releases in recent years.

Do what I say not what I do

If there's librarian dreads and chaplain dreads, where's the Techmarine Dreadnought?

Just because Tzeentch might be messing with them doesn't mean he's using them to return to his former power.
Mankind would be far better for that. Heck, it wouldn't supprise me if he's made sure that one planet with all the psykic STCs is completely fine even though it's a daemon world, just so mankind can jumpstart their progress again.

Help me choose a 3rd army

I have CSM and Orks

Tyranids, complete the set.

What's your favorite chaos god?

Guard.

Slaanesh. My emperors children double as a 30k and 40k army

Posted this a couple of threads ago but got no input. Copy pasting for opinions.

How's this list looking for starting DE? I only own a Venom and 20 Kabalites, but I'm getting a nice bit of cash and am gonna splurge on an order. Everything that isn't 20 Kabalites and 1 Venom is what will potentially be on the order. I own the 20 warriors, but I don't want to pay $40 for Incubi, so I'll wait for the chinamen to come around for those, so I'll be proxying 4 of the Warriors as Incubi.

DE Realspace Raiders

Archon: Huskblade, Kabalite Armour, Shadow field, Soul-trap, Splinter Pistol, The Armour of Misery

Incubi: 3 Incubi and Klaivex with Double Splinter Cannon Venom

10 Kabalite Warriors in a Raider, Dark Lance, Blaster. Raider: Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks

5 Kabalites in Double splinter cannon venom with a blaster.

Scourges: 4 Haywire, Solarite with Lance and Blast Pistol

Triple Dark Lance Ravager, Nightshields, Aethersails.

Dark Artisan Formation:

Plain Jane Chronos

Haemonculus: Agoniser, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, The Vexator Mask

Talos: Agoniser, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, The Vexator Mask

Total 1325. Planning a 2v2 with Harlequins as the ally.

Malal.

Tzeentch is schizophrenic with his plans. His plots often contradict each other. It wouldn't be strange if he had a dozen plans like this with the Tau having lasted longer.

The Emperor.

Probably daemonkin

How would you fix Orkz Veeky Forums?

I already recommended aspectdar

Also, going back to what was mentioned in the last thread, the new White Dwarfs adding 'once per year' to the Young King/Avatar fluff is stupid is so very many ways and should be religated to the same level as thing s CS Goto wrote.

On mars.

Daemons. Keep being the bad guys while getting to play a good army.

There is no fix, only a proper rebuild will work.

lose an attack, lower PPM by half.

More bubble nonsense

I think it's cool. Makes the avatar more badass.

White Dwarf regularly get fluff and stuff wrong, so I wouldn't put to much into it. Unless they explain how Eldar mark their time and thus how long a year it, is could be anything from 1 Terran standard hour to 1,000 Terran years.

Unless they meant Terran Year, then how do the Eldar mark 365 Terran days? Which goes back to 365 Terran Days could be an incredibly long or short time.

They're little snippets of fluff for people to read, I wouldn't worry to much bout it.

So going to a crazy Apoc Game, looks like basically all commers vs 10000pts of nids and how ever many thousand CSM are needed to make it balanced.

So I'm thinking of brining basically every model I have as 3500pts of craft world warhost.

Core: Eldar Jethost
only core formation I have enough models for and barely. 6 normal bikes 6 heavy weapons.

3 aspect hosts
Host of Wrath: Scorps and double banshees
Host of Ruin: fire dragons and double dark reapers
Host of Victory: dire avengers double hawks (if I can finish painting my hawks, otherwise a second min squad of avengers)

Other: Hemlock, Wraithlord, fire prism

Leaders: Seer Council on foot, Avatar, and Baharroth

Honestly the idea of having to make an Eldar sacrifice to awaken the Avatar is really dumb. Especially given the insane resource sink giving up a fucking exarch represents.

It's the sort of utterly excessive Grimdark waste you'd expect from a human.

Get swamped and die

i'm so sad they didn't make that version of fulgrim into something purchaseable

The Codex Apocrypha article is a fluff based article where the studio designers pick a topic from 40K or fantasy and write about it. Sometime it's a small panel and sometime it's a huge article.

For example the article where expanded on zahndrekh's lore and wrote down a new battle for him (picture related).

Anyways, the Eldar mention solar cycles sometimes.

I like the hypocrisy of the Eldar making a blood sacrifice to summon something uncannily close to a Daemon of Khorne, despite being the greatest enemy of Chaos this side of the Imperium.

I thought it was just a young male/female who was chosen by the Seer Council based on their visions, stripped naked and chucked into the room to be boiled alive?

That's not bad, that's 'grimdark' as the Eldar can't afford to do that, especially not young (and assumingly fertile) Eldar. But the fact is they need the power in the next fight, so it's worth doing it. Once upon a time, they didn't even explain what happened to an Avatar if it died. Did it have to be recovered? What happens if it went into the Warp via Vortex shit? I believe the answer was it just auto-returned to the Craftworld, which leads us back to Goto and his 'lol he's lost his weapon' thing.

the Young King lore is already badass. Once per year makes no fucking sense. There is no 'year' on the craftworld. Other lore has them select the Young King right before the battle. One per fucking craftworld was enough to make them unique and special.

Having it be an annual thing rather than in response to crisis makes it less cool, because it's less and act of increasing desperation.

not so much worried, as mildly annoyed. Like someone sticking gum on the underside of your table.

You do know aliens also worship Chaos right? They sacrifice themselves to summon daemons too.

I know what the Codex is, are you saying it isn't little snippets of fluff or something?

Regardless, the Eldar solar cycle needs to be explained in codex. If you're knowledgable, please, tell us how long a Eldar 'year' is in relation to human time systems we have currently.

Im trying my damnedest to sculpt that head from scratch

If I succeed I may do a small run for people on Veeky Forums, keep an eye out

I was talking about the Eldar in particular, in that supposedly they have a greater beef with the dark gods than anyone, and yet they still do shit like this. I know there are aliens in general that worship Chaos, but the Eldar explicitly do not (consciously)

It's odd. Only thing I can think of is they awake it once per year in order to do an important battle, based on their Seer Councils opinion. Perhaps they don't want to risk doing it too much or can't do it too much. So the Seer Council look through to the future and work out which is the best or most needed or balance tipper time to use it?

I'm know I'm not alone on the other side. I mean, even as good as eldar are campaired to nids, 3.5k loses to 10k.

And I fully expect to be swarmed, but fuck it. and again, this is almost every model I own. I've got about 15 guardians, and 5 more avengers and that's fucking it. I mean if I had the models I'd totally bring support batteries and full squadron of Nightspinners, but I don't.

Also, I want to see how much I can kill with the avatar before he goes down.

Aren't their Gods artificial constructs made of pure Inmaterium? Not so different.

>Having it be an annual thing rather than in response to crisis makes it less cool, because it's less and act of increasing desperation.

I don't you don't get it. They select an exarch each year to be the sacrifice. If a criss strikes the guy gets tossed inside the avatar room. Once the Avatar done its job, they have wait until the years end to commence the choosing ritual. That's how I get it.

It seems reasonable.

Anyone got a good source for alternate models for Sonic Weapons or Daemonettes?

I don't think*

>teleported into stone, ripped apart by force fields
Don't necrons revive from that?

It takes time for Necrons to reconstitute themselves after being disassembled and torn to bits like that.

One should always assume a Necron revives from anything that doesn't outright atomize it.

Khaine is an eldar god not a chaos god. This has always been the case. It's also true in fantasy.

In fantasy he was primarily worshipped by the dark elves. and in 40k he originally wasn't one of the popular eldar gods among the non-deboched and crazy. Craftworld eldar follow him because he's the only god left who they can contact, and only in a splintered state.

And the sacrifice is voluntary. More so than the psykers sacrificed to the emperor. It's a desperate act of a desperate people, sacrificing one of their own to tap into their darker desires to fight against a hostile galaxy.

could be. Or I can ignore this bit of fluff and stick to what's been the case for years.

>The Young King is selected every year by the ritual divination of the Craftworld's Farseers

Where's the goddamn APOTHECARY Dreadnought.

>Eldar fans in charge of knowing their lore

Would orks be able to do that?

Now I've got this great mental image of a dreadnought throwing bodies in a huge cage on his back to bring back to the fortress-monastery. Alive, dead, doesn't matter. If they can't stand, they go in the basket after getting the gene-seed from the dead ones.

One should always assume that no matter how improbable, anything is possible to a sufficiently motivated Ork.

right, but that's less desperate. Because you get used to things you do every year. It's just a thing that happens. and given how the eldar have been for a long time, the aspects been somed every year for while now.

On the other hand, have it a ritual they are performing more and more, allows for ramping tension. and for the craftworld to become more distinct in how they think of the ritual.

Also, it being an exarch is ALSO new. and while that makes the sacrifice a bigger strategic lose, it makes it more strategic than personal. Sinc exarchs are basically lost to the social life of the craftworld already.

I think a gun that shoots healing gas would suffice.
>One should always assume that no matter how improbable, anything is possible to a sufficiently motivated Ork.
This.

Pretty sure it's not just one guy
You on the other hand, are the chicken lover

I would recommend one focused on shooting
You have CSM which do melee and shooting
Orks which are basically just melee plus random bullets
So something focused on shooting

As it stands friend, only start DE if you can find them DIRT cheap and are willing to wait for an update, they got boned real hard in the recent FAQ
Your list looks fine, can hold up to everything but min maxed faggotry

okay, while I now see an old reference
>six exarchs
reveals that it outdated, as there are 9 shrines listed, and it's explicetly mentioned to be other aspects than those in the main codex.

Also year still doesn't fucking make sense, and strikes me as another 'GW has no idea how a fucking galaxy works' example.

remember when stormtroopers were an elite force of 10 000 soldiers for the whole imperium ?

Decrease cost of PK, add more melee options (some that rend, some that give extra attacks, some that could even increase I), give people a good reason to bring hordes (I like the 30k idea where there's an inbuilt discount for larger unit sizes), give them good ranged AT (fuck it, invent a gun that shoots nobz with PKs directly into combat if you want. Just something so they can actually wound a land raider from range).
THEN remove some of the self-defeating randomness. Remove don't press dat, remove the new Mob Rule, give a reroll on guns with randomized S and give orkz more options to move into close combat.

Thanks for being the first to input. My group is getting a large order, so we're getting the stuff 30% off GW price. Even if they got boned hard, I don't play competitive, so aside from the jink shenanigans, my lances can punch through necrons now. Plus, I think it'd be better to have the stuff while it's available in case the rumored update is actually coming. I was ready to wait at least a year for my Grey Knights to get an update and we got...well...what we got...So I think if it takes long enough, it'll be good/decent.

I dont know if I could do a shooty army. Shooting is something used to soften up units to finish them up in assault. Doing nothing but shooting just feels so.. wrong.

>‘You hope to find a solution to the Grand Experiment in their genetic code,’ said Urquidex. ‘It won’t work. Veridi giganticus’ genome is structurally unstable. It is a mosaic of recombinatorial sequences and mobilisable elements, continually on the cusp of one speciation event or another. Veridi giganticus should not be at all.’

--------------------

>A map.

>The artisan trajectorae was making a map.

>The very genetic instability of Veridi giganticus was the way in. A population would be expected to accumulate sequence alterations over a very short period of time. As they moved on and established new populations, those unique alterations would be carried forward and added to, and so on. With enough samples those changes could be tracked back. The Adeptus Biologis did it all the time. Mapping the spread of viruses through hive worlds, extrapolating the evolution of newly discovered Homo subspecies at the request of the Inquisition. Thus was the grace of the Omnissiah made manifest in the base material of Its organic machines.

>Urquidex could see sample tags referenced to Ardamantua, Undine, Malleus Mundi. Hundreds, thousands of names: worlds from the breadth and span of the Imperium. The ork incursion was more widespread even than he had realised.

>‘You are looking for the orks’ home world.’

-Beast Series Book 6 "Echoes of the Long War"

It begins. The Admech are making a map to the Ork homeworld. Once it it's revealed they will loot its secrets and destroy it. This will end the Orkish threat FOREVER!

>You on the other hand, are the chicken lover
No, I'm just a guy who doesn't want any bitching about the OP image.
and you do know that both sides are made up of more than one faggot, right? There isn't a singular chicken lover, but a bunch of morons who want the chicken, juct like there are a bunch of moron who hate the chicken.
It's a stupid silly thing, but a thing nonetheless.

I thought the ork homeworld was already a thing, isnt that where Ghazzy came from?

>I dont know if I could do a shooty army. Shooting is something used to soften up units to finish them up in assault. Doing nothing but shooting just feels so.. wrong.
How about assaulty Space Marines? Even Tacticals can do pretty OK in CQC simply because of 3+, S4/T4. Run them into Fire Warriors or Necron Warrios causing you trouble and mop them up with combat res.

Also any chapter can bring a melee-hero with honor guard to blend some shitheads.

Admittedly, it's pretty ancient. Later descriptions make it sound like a (comparatively) more spontaneous thing, for instance the current codex:
>As the craftworld prepares for war, this psychically receptive chamber pulses with the collective battle-lust of the Eldar. The Faresers choose an Aspect Warrior, known as the Young King, to be given the honour of becoming the Avatar of Khaine.

3rd edition was another time I can remember the yearly election business coming up, the Court of the Young King in Codex: Craftworld Eldar being made up of Exarchs who'd each survived their year as the Young King. I think it's gone back and forth a bit, like whether the Young King is an Exarch or a regular Aspect Warrior, or whether Exarchs keep their bodies.

>‘Veridi giganticus has somehow managed to overcome the discontinuity between efficiency and scale,’ said Van Auken. ‘Or otherwise devised a solution to circumvent the Omnissiah’s constants.’

>‘It sounds as though you admire them for it.’

>‘They are a superbly constructed species, individually adaptive, collectively diverse. They are an apex species, magos, as once we were. There is much to re-learn from them, and yes, we are not above admiration. We have narrowed their point of origin to six or seven candidate sectors. A few thousand systems at the galactic core of Ultima Segmentum.’

>Urquidex’s mind spun out a stream of hurried calculations. Stars came fast and close in the core and a few thousand systems need not, comparatively at least, cover a lot of space. A search of it would still be a massive logistical undertaking, but compared to the galaxy as a whole…

>‘Has the Imperium been informed?’

>‘The Fabricator General will apprise them if and when the timing is opportune. The Imperium is more than Terra, magos, and humanity is more than the Imperium. We must learn how Veridi giganticus operate their technology. You were there on Ardamantua. The Eleventh Universal Law applies. You have observed Veridi giganticus. They are not unknown to you.’

>Eldon nodded mutely, numbly. The instruments before him continued to gorge on the galaxy of data they were being fed. Too much to smuggle to Terra. Far too much. He had to find the world.

>One world. One word.

That, he could get to Yendl. And to Terra.

The madmen. They did. They found it.

Nah, it isn't. Ghaz's world was destroyed by super nova, iirc.

So long as you're dedicated and not playing at tourney level, any army is fine. Have fun

Hmm then what's one thing you wish those two armies could do, but can't? Choose another army based on that.

>admitted he loves chickens
Thanks

> Boyz are 60pts for the first 10, 5pts for the next 10 and 3pts for the last 10.
> While above 10-models in the unit, Wounds are allocated by the Ork player
> New range of melee weapons introduced that aren't KlawNobz
> Examples include Power Swords, Power Axes, buffed Big Choppas, Tankhammers, Bombs-on-a-stick etc.
> Embedded melee weapons in Mobz
> Actual anti-tank and low-AP shooting introduced
> Mob Rule regressed to the previous version, Bosspoles allow rerolls at the cost of beatings
> Snazzguns ditch the random AP and instead are 'build-a-gun'
> Lootas can get different weapon options including skyfire and lascannon-equivs
> Kommandos get Demo charges and cloaking tech
> Nobz get a price plummet and cheaper melee weapons

>TFW you don't care which image is used as you made most of them

Personally I prefer the cleaner one.

>Any army is fine
I love your optimism, and I'm probably a terrible player, but I've got like a 90% loss rate with GK and I've had to concede on turn 2-4 in most of those games or lose by objective points in the others. The ones I did win were complete uphill battles. Dice gods just hate my fucking guts.

this reminds me that at some point I want (if I ever have ton of free time) to write the proper version of Path of the Warrior.

Where every time he puts on the mask his personality disappears into that of the aspect. and where becoming an exarch is treated like a funeral to the rest of the craftworld. then ending with him putting on an the exarch armor, and showing his perspective disappearing into the gestalt of the exarch.

Snazzy helmets for aliens.

I play csm, orks, tyranids and dark eldar

I never once said I loved the chicken. Nor do I hate it.
I'm just pointing out that based upon the post formatting, the language used and the file names of pro-chicken posters that there's clearly more than one of them.
And now that I think about it, this OP is clearly made by somebody who doesn't care, they simp,y downloaded the last OP image used.