kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last thread

My god...
..that was quick.

As if I would ever reveal my secret plan to gather enough CP to buy the Divine Lion option in Narnia.

Wait.

Shit.

Changed the first two. Not sure how I missed that.

I am not educated in such matters, but I've been led to believe the whole enough after X instead of before thing is common in "literary"/old english, which seemed fitting considering the relevant item. I'll change it if it's just wrong or falls flat though.

I'll clarify the other two points about the armor, and yes. Nerve and Mind are different things in the game.

I am seriously glad I decided to be cheeky and post this because goddamn that's some big stuff I overlooked.

Reposting as it was posted towards the end of last thread and I figure it'll otherwise be missed.

Update with expanded items section.

>Buy Divine Lion
Not Sea of Chaos?

So, looking for a consensus here, would people be fine with me posting the Overlord jump to the 'upload new jumps here to be sorted' drive?

Hey ccdt, can I just say that you're my favourite jump maker. Can I also ask for a full list of jumps you've done? I don't want to miss any.

Go for it.

Who wrote the Sword and Sorcery Jump and what else have they done? Because it's fucking amazing.

That's WormAnon, writer of... Worm. Also some other shit.

Sure.
Though if you could raise the CP limit too, that'd be great too, you friggin CP vampire.

Does Pause from Tropico allow you to use any powers that don't require you moving while you're paused?

Seems decent. One question I've had for a while though, isn't the ability that lets people animate their own shadow for use in assassination supposed to drain literally years of life from the people that do it? I seem to recall that being the case. Are you just an exception cause you bought it with CP or what?

What are the best gun-fu perks?

'A Funny Thing Happened' from the MCU jump, Operative background, specifically mentions being able to gun-fu people using that exact wording.

The Art of Yun-Woo from Wuxia.

Well isn't that nice. Sort of post that makes me think my mom has learnt to use the internet and is trying to boost my self esteem. Or that I'm much more intoxicated than I thought and I'm pretty shamelessly samefagging but can't remember it.

My jumps are:

Adventure Time
Age of Mythology
Archer
A Song of Ice and Fire
Bioshock Infinite
DC
Divinity Dragon Commander
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Futurama
Horror Movies
Harry Potter
Mount and Blade
Muppet Treasure Island
Nightmare Before Christmas
Rick and Morty
Sitcoms
both Elder Scrolls
Venture Bros
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

Nope. We never see it taking years off the people casting it.

More polished than a lot of stuff up there. Still think maybe there should be some Level 100 examples for origins other than Magic Caster though.

Shadowrun has Mystical Adept, you can do some John Wu stuff and sling spells.

Would the toggle perk from Young Justice be able to remove the drawback of the Unified Focus perk by turning off the linking whenever your magic or physical strength is stymied?

Operator from Magical Girl Noir
John Woo Shit from GTA
Ambidexterity and Commando from 80s Action Movies
Kind of a Badass and Moves Like Monty from Project Freelancer
High-Flying Sharpshooting Act from Dr. McNinja
Hero of Skill from Fable
I Know Gun-Fu from Half Life

Just stack all of this shit together, it should do something.

I think there's a perk somewhere that let's you make your own martial art. You could make a literal Gun-Fu

>I think there's a perk somewhere that let's you make your own martial art
You don't need a perk to do that.

Since that is a super-power and not magic or a physical ability I would say that yes you could do that. You wouldn't benefit from the ability while it was turned off though, no turning off just the weakness and leaving the good bits.

Well, YEAH, I know that.

I just meant that I think there's a perk out there somewhere that let's you make one, and if it's perk-enforced, you could probably teach it to normal people, so long as it doesn't require anything truly supernatural.

Ya feel me?

there's one in PS 238, but if you're going with your own custom thing it only goes up to what you see in kung fu hustle. There is also a less flexible one in X-Men cinematic universe.

Animorph's 2hr time limit. Is this still active post-jump?

The halfway Drop-in(but not really) thing is a bit awkward, but I don't really know how you'd do it differently.
Guess I'll just convince Momo-kun that I totally got sucked in from a different game. That actually sounds like a very entertaining, "act." Imma have fun with this.

I think so, but it'd be pretty easy fix for a science!Jumper with access to an Escafil Device.

It is, yes.

It's a jump-fiat restriction, yes.

I love when things get cheaper and I get CP rebates.

Torn between a pet Dire Wolf and another Valyrian Steel weapon...

Yes, however it is the type of thing a lot of people probably house rule as gone post jump. Honestly it is not hard to find a way around it, with so many perks out there that could act as a way to get rid of the limit you may already have one without realizing it.

a good number of your jumps are cornerstones of my Jumper. I wouldn't be the world-hopping man that I am if it wasn't for Futurama, Archer, Adventure Time, Venture Brothers, Rick and Morty, Mount and Blade, Muppet Treasure Island, Harry Potter and A Song of Ice And Fire.

It seems good to me, yeah.

...Through I echo

>>Heraldry and Words
House Jumper: Look out Below.
Heraldry is a parted field, one half having four guys in green carrying fishing lines over their shoulders, the other a line of fence posts with stink lines coming off. It's good to have companions who understand your jokes when absolutely nobody else in the setting will.

I don't get it.

I feel like I should be getting it, but I don't.

>Guess I'll just convince Momo-kun that I totally got sucked in from a different game.

>"Yeah, ever hear of Sword Art Online? Not a great game, let me tell you. In a lot of ways, really."

I think that's the point, it's explicitly an in joke

So /jc/, are you a vampire, werewolf or a mix of the two? What are your favorite places for either?

Pic unrelated, if only because I don't have a good pic featuring both.

WormAnon, who in addition to Sword & Sorcery and his titular jump gave us both EVO: Search for Eden and the Sherlock Holmes jumps.

Do we have a Shield Bro jump?

Would assume it's something from our world, or a more modern one, but that makes more sense.

It's a problem with the technology that grants the ability, not a restriction by the jump itself. The technology is just flawed in that way. In the books the jump is made off of, the main characters frequently have problems with and have to work around the time limit. One of them even gets trapped in a morph forever in the very first book.
So yeah it's still active.

But if you can spend a minute to shift back to normal form and back, that resets the time limit.
So it's more like you just have to take frequent breaks.

not sure if if it counts but I'm pretty much the only jumper I am aware of who is explicitly sword and board

I am neither.

On all levels including physical, I am a lizard.

I'm not either (yet), but I am a monster.
>Favorite place
Hellsing for Vampires, obviously.
Don't know about Werewolves, though. Maybe Underworld? Those are pretty hardcore.

>dat gif
OUR DARK MASTERS HAVE AWAKENED!
Seriously, though, what is that? My chemistry-fu is shit.

He is referring to the setting where the MC is the hero of the Shield. One of several heroes summoned to defeat a demon king.

No, I don't think we have one. Would be cool though.

Honestly, the time limit's one of the few things that makes Animorphing not completely busted to shit.

what kind of lizard is that? I've never seen that kind before it looks so adorable and clumsy with that neck pouch and can't into food

No, it's explicitly a joke that a bunch of (frequently inbred) backwater medieval (at best) hicks won't understand. It's a pretty blatant Veeky Forums reference with shitposting and baiting and so on.
And then there's the words, that are just a joke about Jumping (and also a joke about how most of the nobles in the setting are full of arseholes shitting on the smallfolk).

Oh.

Goddamn I feel retarded for not getting that.

what said

I dunno either.

I do sword and board a lot, too, but it doesn't mean I don't have, or use, other weapons. I think my favorite is either my sword that can't kill, it's only semi-physical, pushes through flesh and bone like a thick skin on pudding, and leaves behind blue fire wherever it hits someone, all of which hurts like a motherfucker, and the fire keeps burning for a while; or my shotguns, a pair of four-round 32mm bore shorties that fire four-inch long solid slugs that have been cut up into a radially symmetrical pattern designed to give a predictable spread that absolutely pulps a watermelon sized hole into(or through) anything they hit between 10 and 20 meters.

Blood Dragon pride. Remove Nagash.

I am surprised that lizard didn't bite the guy's finger.

How's that Nazi Germany jump coming along?

Mostly vampire, through I went werewolf once in Skyrim, since those vampire are ugly as hell?

As for favorite jumps for it... Hellsing and Blade are nice, I guess.

Eh. Neither.

I made the mistake of reading too many Anita Blake books and now I just . . . ugh. I can't.

Cheshire Malk

that sounds really nasty, my twist on the sword and board thing is that both my dragonslayer-esk chain sword and light saber spiked lantern shield have projectile functions, being fused with a Gauss Flayer in RWBY and being based off the fountain shield from Lord of light respectively. So I am simultaneously sword and board and guns akimbo.

So I have a DC jump question... how do you handle the Endless if you took a game of You as a drawback. What types of stuff are they likely to pull on a jumper?

Well that depends entirely on what your definition of "busted to shit" is.

my advice for the worst case scenario is to read the job chapter from that Christianity book because they are immensely powerful and pretty messed up, best case scenario you are a pawn in their unknowable games

Neither.
I think they're stupid and ugly.
...and smelly.

Easiest method of dealing with that drawback is to not take that drawback. It's a deceptively cheap, but still really really bad/dangerous, drawback to take that looks like 'easy points' but really isn't.

To more specifically answer your question the Endless are literally meta-conceptual beings with meta-conceptual power. Dream once defeated Starro the Conquer, the guy that curbstomped the entire comic line up of the Justice League on multiple occassions, by using his abilities to turn him into a tiny powerless version of itself which he then put into a small glass bottle and just kind of threw into his 'treasure chest of shit that's dangerous but he doesn't care about' to be forever imprisoned.

The Endless are not to be trifled with.

You can copy a kryptonian, this is even more broken than it sounds when combined with the kinds of perks that are out there for jumpers.

For example an immunity to harmful radiation to eliminate the Kryponite weakness, Gross Incandescence for unlimited sunlight, and if you want to be extra overpowered you can use real eater to alter Gross Incandescence to give off blue sunlight.

If is pretty broken even with he two hour limit, who would care if they got stuck in a form like that.

You're bitching about inter-jump combos.

Tell me how a time-limitless animorphing is bullshit broken on it's own merit that it requires the 2-hour limit to be less broken, or fuck off and stop whining.

I see... so can you take multiples of drawbacks like Nemesis instead? It would be cool to have an entire rogue's gallery.

Copying a Martian is better. They're way stronger, especially if you remove the psychological limiters put on them (and have sanity-preservation perks so that doesn't turn you into a pyromaniac sociopath).

Bitching? I love this combo, also I am not the user who said it would be op without the time limit. Even without the time limit Animorph isn't very powerful at all without copying something powerful from another setting.

With the Unworthy drawback, what if you're sterile? Does it override it?

Ssh, user doesn't do research.

Man, I almost wonder what you'd say if I listed some of my favorite combos to you, because they're the kind of thing that, if that bothers you, then they'll drive you up a fucking wall.

Martians are stronger then a blue sun powered kryptonian? How does that work?

Can't it be used to combine powers/abilities from multiple forms with Chimera morph? That basically sounds like the 'This is, in fact, my Final Form' perk from Sword Art Online except you don't actually need to pay CP to get a form, you just need to see it once.

Which, to be fair, pretty clearly violates the spirit of the jumpchain 'no cross-jump CP discounts/freebies' rule.

Even with the 2 hour time limit it's pretty broken as is, with no time limit it's basically a combo of a 600cp perk from a different jump and basically every racial CP purchase from every jump ever so long as you can at least see them once.

SeeAs long as it doesn't

Psionics, properly used, are bullshit.

What the? how did that even happen? I didn't even hit post.

As long as it doesn't amount to ridiculous power wank I am all for super combos.

Hardly ever racial ability; there are a lot out there that aren't genetics based. Still very strong, but it's not going to get your robot powers, a number of forms of magic or spiritual powers...

I'm kind of confused about The Once and Future King from the Merlin BBC jump. Is it just plot-armor?

They just are. Martians have every power a Kryptonian does, plus shapeshifting, telepathy, telekinesis and phasing. They have a much more common weakness, fire as opposed to exotic radiation, but that weakness is artificial. It was put on them by the Guardians specifically because the original Martian species was so terrifyingly powerful and dangerous. It's actually a psychosomatic weakness, they've been programmed to think that fire is dangerous to them so their shapeshifting makes it so. This is a good thing. A Martian with its psychological blockers removed is referred to as a "Burning One", and becomes a horrifying fiery shoggoth capable of fighting the entire Justice League and winning. They're also sociopathic, rejoicing in the pain and fear of others, as they embody all the worst aspects of fire (they also reproduce asexually by spreading like a fire does, a single Burning One is therefore a potential extinction-level event). They are very scary things.

From the wording? Only if they don't require anything else being moved or changed either; and since Pause affects your own body too, a mental ability to change your shape or regenerate a lost limb wouldn't work either. What were you thinking of?

I was actually thinking of stuff like the perk that gives you a RTS view of things (can't remember where i picked it up). I figure Pause would be amazing for planning out battles if it can work in tandem with it, especially for dealing with speedsters. I was also thinking about psychic and mental perks, like would I be able to attack people's minds, or use empathy-based powers on them while paused? Could be really effective against broken speedsters if so.

I think so, with the caveat that you're never going to get any rest.

>fighting the entire Justice League and winning
Well, except Batgod

Ah, cool.

Basically, it's a shield mod. Symbiote has a perk(Advanced Bioprocessing) that lets you recreate technology you understand inside your body using biological or semi-biological substances. I did that with a shield mod, but I also ran it in-line with the... Universal Energy Converter from Storm Hawks, I think it was? Basically, it takes all of the incoming energy, uses a small percentage to keep the shield's energy level from going down, and converts the rest into electricity which, because of Livewire from DarkStalkers and Conduit powers from InFamous, doesn't just heal me, but, if the hit is heavy enough, or the energy used is esoteric enough to have a high enough conversion rate from electrical energy, it can cause my electrokinetic powers to become better.

Brellin, if you are still here have you considered something like a guild hall for non 42nd supreme being players? Such as with a discount for players and a variable cost for something between a dinky little guild hall and something on the level of Nazarick?

Not the user, but if I remember correctly, Batmans actual plan was to just send Plastic-Man over there alone, because holy shit fuck Plastic-Man.

I think Killdozer from Tomb Raider and Equilibrium/Mook Horror Show from Modern Action Movie jump are good.

>Origin Spirits of the Past
I enjoyed this jump, thanks user.

I went vampire a few jumps and haven't gone werewolf ever.

Drawbacks are ROB fiat, they override perks and pre-existing conditions. And from the wording, contraception isn't going to be an effective defence either. I suppose you could still be vaguely chaste (chaste != celibate) though, if you can drum up the willpower to stick to one mistress/master.

Hey, CCDT, see above. Considering the setting and the consequences, I suggest Unworthy should be worth double for jumpers who are female in the jump...

Also, obviously(?) Unworthy and Eunuch can't both be taken?

I get the feeling that Unworthy will not allow celibacy.

Oh, yeah, Pause and that RTS perk (I can't remember the name/jump either) would have great synergy.

Nope, can't use mental attacks on people while they're paused (well I suppose you could mentally attack your companions, but what would be the point).

>Also, obviously(?) Unworthy and Eunuch can't both be taken?
You still have an ass, buttslut. Put that boypussy to use.

I can't tell if you're saying "holy shit fuck" because of how ridiculous Plastic-Man is or "fuck Plastic-Man" because you think he's lame.

Me either. Thus my note about chaste != celibacy.

It would.

Probably should change that to make them mutually exclusive, otherwise it raises a lot of disturbing questions about how babby is formed. Not doubling the price though as that's silly, it's already 200 CP and most of the drawbacks are pretty punishing.

The main aspect of the drawback is you producing bastards!

Read the drawbacks, user. Unworthy = fertile, Eunuch = sterile.

An extra helping of bastards before you got sterilized, maybe?

Sorry, thought it was +100 not +200. But the drawback is definitely worse for females, considering it means you're basically going to be varying stages of pregnant for most of your ten (or more) years there.