Lich Queen

I want my next BBEG to be an undead queen of some sort.
Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6KTx6PduRBk
youtube.com/watch?v=374xW4zZbZA
youtube.com/watch?v=xdEo_t-iVbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

An elf mage who started going crazy when she still birthed every child. She amassed arcane power trying to learn the cause of this, but never found it. Eventually, she became a litch as she fought to overthrow a minor goddess of death she blamed for needless taking the life of her children. Now she is trying to become the full on death god but has kinda lost her sanity and purpose. Watch as your party never figures out that your lich was a mommy, despite those wide childbearing hips.

a swaggering pirate companion

Nobody expects gnomes/halflings of BBEG status. Nobody!

Create the tiny master of darkness!

I suggest you make her an undead lich queen.

What did you have in mind OP?

A queen of a cursed kingdom whose inhabitant are constantly stuck in a state of reliving the day of a great calamity.

They appear to be normal people until the events of that day are disturbed, then they show their true form of twisted monstrosities and horrible undead.

The players try to unravel the nature of the disaster that cursed the land but the queen cripples their efforts with her 'knights', the most twisted of all cursed beings, as she believes the nature of what transpired must be concealed from all least its truth spread to other lands.

How about a regular female Vampire who just has player-character levels of self-awareness and skill, who rose to power by her own hand and is now trying to unite the world under a single banner: hers.
This of course would include stamping out the other cultures, erasing or fabricating written history, killing elders, brain washing the youth, etc.

You don't need to have a "superior being" try to be the BBEG.
It's better if they are more of a common race/undead, but she would be an exceptional individual who earned her position.

She's not a lich. She's actually a wight, turned when some wights got lose from a dungeon. She has amassed an army of undead warriors, and is a powerful sorceress. She's been around for 1000 years and she died at thirteen

Explain 'of sorts"

You gotta have cute zombies, OP.

>How about a regular female Vampire who just has player-character levels of self-awareness and skill, who rose to power by her own hand and is now trying to unite the world under a single banner: hers.
>This of course would include stamping out the other cultures, erasing or fabricating written history, killing elders, brain washing the youth, etc.

>undead Big Sister runs a fantasy Orwellian state where anyone who steps out of line or questions things gets sent to magical re-education or just outright disappears

I like it. I like it a lot!

What is wrong with her eyes?

>Those knees

Have her be vain? Death masks, wigs of spun gold and bronze, gloves and heavy clothing to hide that she herself is undead, even if it's obvious. Like those worm-that-walks fellows.

Maybe even her bones are blackened and twisted by a curse, and getting it lifted would mean dealing with the churches and their drawing attention.

Eberron.

Lady Vol learns how to access her dragonmark after death and fully mobilizes all of Karrnath's forces and starts the war again.

Party now has a lich proto goddess to deal wit.

why couldn't she just use illusion magic?

Alright OP. First thing we need to do is ask how a lich queen would be fundamentally different from a lich king. We know for sure that she has at least two things in common with every other lich ever, and that's that she's a powerful wizard who A) craved immortality and B) was willing to muck around with necromancy to get it.

Now we should ask ourselves why she wanted immortality in the first place. Was she just a fucking nerd who wanted more time to spend with her nose in a book? If she's a queen, does/did she have a kingdom to look after that she wasn't willing to entrust to her heir? Is she simply afraid of death? In that case, the question arises why she would ally herself with the powers of death despite being so afraid of them, but that's a concept that would probably be better explored with a character dedicated to it in particular.

(1/2)

(2/2)

Since male liches are more common than female ones, as you ask these questions, ask yourself how gender would factor in, if at all. Once you've done that, ask yourself how gender would factor into her "life" today. Maybe, in the absence of both sex hormones and obvious sexual dimorphism, she's felt that she's drifted away from her gender. Since a skeleton isn't particularly feminine, this feeling might be more pronounced for a female lich than a male one.

If she feels that she's drifting away from her gender, how does she feel about that? Is it a relief to her; does she feel as though she's been freed from a burden, or does she feel that she's lost something? In the latter case, I can see her adopting more feminine dress and mannerisms than she did in life, as if she's trying to get back her lost womanhood. Or maybe she feels more indiferrent to her gender now than ever before, given liches' tendency to gradually lose interest in all fleshly matters with each passing year of unlife.

I think a female lich would work differently from a male one on some level or another, because people in general, presumably including the lich herself, normally think of liches as male. It's not the same as the surgeon mother riddle either, because of the biological nature of lichdom.

The fuck is she hiding in those kneecaps?

youtube.com/watch?v=6KTx6PduRBk

Makes me think of Odette from Odin Sphere. She's the queen of the dead in the game, but I think she embodies what a lich would still hold on too regarding sexuality. Skin and bones in the parts she doesn't care about and huge tits that any woman would care about. Plus, vagina spiders....

Big and beautiful, shes just dead on the inside.

So, I feel like this has to be asked. Are we sure she isn't actually undead?

I bet you think skelemtons live inside us huh?

Look up Vlaakith, lich-queen of the githyanki.

Extremely violent and bloodthirsty enough to rival any raging barbarian, she loves to get close in battle and will single handedly slay armies one man at a time. She will slaughter half the land for her amusement, but always makes sure to never do enough damage to stop the countries from getting into bad enough shape that they'll stop sending men for her to kill. For contrast have her happily married to another lich who prefers to pass the time he isn't with her by focusing on his studies, which include everything from the latest news of the world to figuring out a formula that will determine how long a particular person will survive while being vivisected. He mostly stays home and uses magic to appear without putting himself in direct danger.

She's an anorexic, she's dead inside

>tfw I have similarly disgusting skinny knees

BBEG Lich trying to redeem herself by being a necessary evil, murdering what seem to be "good" people but are actually also the ones responsible for the shitty state of life your setting is currently in right
now
Her plan involves dying to the PCs, but not before setting it up for them to be the hero Gotham needs, where they usher in an age of peace and harmony by defeating the source of "evil", her.

I don't know senpai, I like tragic BBEGs

A match made in Heaven.

Elsa X Arthas when?

Akasha?

Or a polymorph spell. I have a sort-of-lich-queen in my current campaign- she's been playing at being a Duchess for the last few hundred years, periodically kidnapping a child and passing it off as her own until she's ready to fake her own death and start again pretending to be her own offspring.

Her people love her and are happy under her rule- it's stable, peaceful, and the law is maintained. The locals have a custom of burying their dead with a weapon and shield (paid for by the state). No-one quite remembers why.

What's wrong user, don't you like a woman with some proper knees?

This is almost as stupid as that artists who had a fetish with crystals that elongated fingers.

I don't care what any of you faggots say, she's beautiful and I'd be honored to crush her puss

The face is pretty nice if you're into that type, but by the looks of her body, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually managed to crush her puss

The upper tier of the drow matriarchy are actually powerful ghosts hiding that they're dead. Turns out most people leading the world have already been assassinated, it just didn't stick.

I'm just leaving this here

>skinny girl
>fat pussy
It's one of those universal rules

>anorexia
>beautiful

Go outside, user. Get some sun, go for a run, get a haircut, dress a little nicer, and maybe your standards won't be so fucking low.

What if you had a queen Elizabeth type, really old and beloved Queen, but in an actual monarchy. She's ruled so well for so long, she's universally loved and steered the kingdom well, that her advisors suggest willingly becoming...nonliving so she can continue her glorious reign?

You can either have that reign continue for a while, but have s decline as the world changes around her, or the transformation makes her less human so this start becoming different, cold and distant.

This post reeks of tumblr landwhale

Not to defend the fatties, but the girl in the OP really is alarmingly underweight. And I say that as a former anorexic (male).

>back of the knee maybe...

Did your family give you shit over it?
I've read before that male anorexics have a much harder time with it and much less support than their female counterparts

What the fuck is wrong with that girl, I feel like she should be fed a protein shake and hooked to an IV.

Bro, you really find that shit attractive??? Like, that girl is a fucking skeleton with some skin tightly stretched over it. She looks like a fucking ghoul from Fallout. Unless you are a necrophiliac, I don't see why you would want to fuck a walking corpse.

For the most part my family giving me shit was the reason why I fell into it in the first place. But that's a long story.

But yeah, what you say is true. Eating disorders in women are well know and people are generally understanding / supportive. It's less common in men so sometimes people don't even know it can be a thing.

>skelemtons
kek

>I want my next BBEG to be an undead queen of some sort
Why?

>BBEG
Why?

Because she desperately needs both a protein shake and an IV.

Look I'm an ardent supporter of thick, athletic women but let's not pretend that skellingtons are attractive or healthy. You can like skinny girls but are you seriously telling me that the OP's spooky ass is doing it for you? She looks like a mid level boss that drops an enchanted sword.

Why not?

As a fellow Veeky Forumsizen and bone-chaser let me explain you where he's coming from: It's a progress thing.

Nothing contrasts more with your bod than a tiny, skinny, frail girl; and there are none tinier, skinnier or more frail than anorexic girls. Feeling her bony shape rubbing against your muscles and having to hold back so you don't hurt her is the best rush you could ask for.

They also have good fashion sense and a good sense of humor, plus they're insecure as fuck so they love the attention.

No thanks dude, muscle babes or bust.

I can't fault you for having bad taste, we're gymbros after all.
Let's just agree to disagree

If nothing else it leaves us with plenty of choices a piece. Through dick unity, friend.

>having to hold back so you don't hurt her
>have good fashion sense
>good sense of humor
>plus they love the attention
But Veeky Forumsanon, lolis already have all those qualities and more!

Not the user, but I kinda get his point - who really needs BBEG? Or making them quirky, special-style flamboyant characters straight from the Bond flick?

For past year I've been GMing for absolutely green players (well, not anymore, but you get the picture) that also tents to be mostly cliche-illiterate - you can throw at them the most obvious and overused stuff and they will find it fresh anyway, as 3 out of 4 of them barely watch any movies at all.

And you know what? They still tend to better react to low-key, not overdone stuff. I've throwed on them within short campaign two villains at the same time. One of them was basically Hob from Robocop 2 and he was what can easily qualify as BBEG. The other was just a low-key mafioso, that just seem to be effective and practical guy they weren't even sure if they ever met in person, that's how many different people appeared to work for him

Guess about whom they keep talking about 5 months later and which one is long forgotten.

This

If anything, people react better toward absolutely normal characters on their way, be them "the bad guys" or not. Because they can't really read them and need to figure out who they are and what they want instead of "Oh, so this dude is the villain, nice, time to whack him".
The less cliches attatched, the easier it is to pull plot twists, too. Or open-ended story, where players can "realistically" decide to join the wrong side of the quation based on their limited informations and never even realise that, being all triumphant and joyful about well-done job.

Obsessed with beauty, wears other peoples skin, etc.

>Obsessed with beauty
>wears other peoples skin
Pick one.
If both are present, this pretty much nullifies each other.

Not if said skins decay over time. When an old skin decays, she desperately needs a new one.

>>Obsessed with beauty
>>wears other peoples skin

You know?
You sound like a dudebro paladin that is madly in love with the lich queen. A love story thrown in there could spice it up.

And that makes it better as an idea, because... I mean seriously, skin-wearing is at this point so over-used it's simply boring

And only the best skin will do

It makes sense.

Lichdom is often meant to be a quest for eternal life that backfired horribly. It stands to reason that a noble woman, Elizabeth Báthory style, would become distraught at her failing beauty, her failing value. She turns to magic to preserve herself, to maintain her value. The magic backfires, she extends her life but the magic doesn't preserve her body. She's literally rotting apart. Despair leads to madness.

She stinks of perfume, to cover the stench of her rotting body. Ever a seamstress in life she's sewing herself a new outer layer. It's only with youth and beautiful skin that she has any real value.

That has been done two death, it's no good

Misread that as
"Seduced her father | Seduced his father".
Would have made both of those IPs very different.

>Seduced by her sister
>Seduced by evil sword or something

thank mrs skeltal

youtube.com/watch?v=374xW4zZbZA

This kinda fits

>That has been done two death
>two death

best girl

Nobody does, indeed. Except those that watched RoboCop 2

It looks like she's actually straining just to stand up.

>If anything, people react better toward absolutely normal characters on their way,

Actually, this is getting really, really old for me. Like, it was neat when it first started popping up in force around 2003 or so, but by 2016 it's just damn old. Everyone needs pathos and motivation and backstory and blah blah blah blah snore snore snore.

I miss BBEGs who were just BBEGs. Evil for the sake of evil. Theatrics for the sake of style.

PRESENTATION!

Damn right! i say take example from her! youtube.com/watch?v=xdEo_t-iVbM

>Was once a powerful adventurer alongside her husband
>Makes a pact with an evil god of death in order to save the world and is bound to their service.
>husband becomes champion of the god of life
>he constantly reincarnates as a powerful hero
>They do battle for centuries in person and through pawns.
>Husband recruits adventurers to because he thinks he has found a way to break his wifes pact.

For added fun you can make a member of the party one of their children.

I need this in my life.

Me too. Motivations and backstories and well intentioned extremism is all well and good, but sometimes you just want a villain that doesn't make any excuses for who and what he is.

Our BBEG is a shapeshifting mermaid/chaos god avatar who's pretty much playing Castlevania with the heroes because she enjoys wargaming.

All "prophesies" of heroes and chosen ones were made up by her millenia ago just so people would keep trying to beat her death-trap island.

So she's just bored as fuck?

Best butt

I came to this thread just to make this very suggestion:

>Incredibly selfish
>Cunningly devious
>Rather eccentric
>Unsettlingly funny
>Deals in potions and eldritch magics
>Has prolonged her existence far past her natural lifespan
>Has a dedicated henchman
>Plots to kill the emperor and usurp his throne
>Originally planned to blot out the sun in the movie's original plotline.

Definitely BBEG material, and she already looks like a lich queen.

hey guys

hnnng

her.

shoo shoo hungry skelly

Erandis Vol

post more rare eugenias

Wait is this her original start form?

Kill off some PC's parents at the start of the campaign, then later on reveal the lich is said PC's mother, who used her husband to achieve lichdom and faked her death.

>My son, what are you doing?
>Seducing you father

Arthas reaches out and tenderly sweeps his father off of his feet, the court of Stormwind watches on as king Menethils crown tumbles to the floor, followed by his robes.

Is that a anroexic Queen of /b/?

Spooky/10