3 Declaration in Stone

Mana base, Koilos and Blighted Fens

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-vampire-madness/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/madness-mobilized-game-day-4-0/
deckstats.net/deck-10010184-a7ce1f33a45d5318333eab0e59a805bf.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

clearly i have laptop issues

Oliver Tiu's Grixis Control is pretty impressive, I'm on the fence between Kozilek's Return vs Radiant Flames though.
K Return works with Dark Dwellers and is instant speed, even without making use of its built in recursion, it still seems better than Radiant Flames.

I think the 3 damage matters a lot especially when you factor in something like a Gideon Emblem or a Nissa -2

It's pretty easy to go wide but have a lot of stuff about 2 toughness

I prefer Kozilek's Return almost purely because it's instant speed and as such can stop an end of turn Secure the Wastes for 6-7 cold.

Personally I prefer kozilek's return for the shear fact that in online play I have killed a total of 7 avacyns with its rebound effect.

The last time I played standard was last time Innistrad came out. I've started buying into LSV G/B sac deck he played at the pro tour. Has anyone tested with it? Any results?

Westvale abbey. Overpowered or useless?

Advantages:
>Works amazing in token decks such as G/W tokens.
>Can built its own sacrifices if mana screwed.
>The stats on the flip guy make him a wincon by himself.

Disadvantages:
>Clip wings, deceleration in stone, immolation glare, stasis snare, etc are very common in the Meta so it's transformed form has a maximum life span of 1 turn if the opponent is playing white or green.
>Takes a total of 6 lands and 5 dead creatures to flip.
>Sure you can make cleric tokens for 5 mana and a life, but so many things in the current meta absolutely demolish tokens on the field.
>Negate is your bane if you rely on Gideon and nissa for the tokens.

Somewhere in between. Abbey's biggest stength is its ability to slot into any 1-2 color deck at almost no downside. A land that's also a wincon means you're losing nothing from the actual core of your deck to run it, hence why it's played everywhere.

G/U Investigator

4 Tamiyo's Journal
4 Tireless Tracker
4 Graf Mole
4 Briarbridge Patrol
4 Sylvan Advocate
4 Confront the Unknown
3 Weirding Wood
3 Erdwal Illuminator
2 Negate
1 Dragonlord Atarka
1 Thought-Knot Seer
1 Altered Ego
1 Profaner of the Undead

8 Forest, 5 Island, 4 Evolving Wilds, 3 Yavimaya Coast, 2 Lumbering Falls, 1 Mountain, 1 Waste

Briarbridge Patrol underperformed, thinking of cutting a couple and Thought-Knot for a few Angelic Purges. Maybe 1 more Illuminator. Definitely adding a Clip Wings to the main.

Any thoughts? What silver bullets should I be playing?

In fact I tested a budget version no lilis cause FLGS doesn't have any, used hangarback in place against B/G Eldrazi Tron. inb4 >modern I don't fucking care It worked consistently and was able to win even against his ramp. Only problem I had was not getting elvish visionary sooner as I was not getting fast enough draws

Why do people say that Werewolves is a good deck? Made a R/G Werewolves deck and I can't transform because niggas keep using spells. Holy fuck this deck is unplayable.

I want to make a silverfur partisan / zada hedron grinder wolf spam deck. I want to get a billion wolves all pumped via cantrips and titan strengths.

Just don't cast spells.

First time I heard that. What is the list going around? Zada shenanigans?

How am I looking?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-vampire-madness/

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-vampire-madness/
Awful.

Here's a few tips;
Olivia, max 2
Incorrigible Youths, max 2
2 or more Indulgent Aristocrats
Stensia Masquerade should be 4
Drana, max 2
Alms of the Vein
Zombie summoner is garbage. Avacyn's judgment is meh, slot better filled by other things.
Bloodmad Vampire is sideboard material.

Has anyone played the Mono U Brains deck? How was it? Did you have fun? Is it somewhat competitive?

And ditch the westvale abbey.

Brain in a jar is a godsend when the nana costs align and requires a hell of a lot of foresight. Plus being able to eventually scry 7 is amazing.

>Disadvantages
It's colorless

>Alms
>2 Olivia
>2 Youths
Nigga, you stupid.

Here we see someone who has never played Vampires.

Looks pretty good, maybe cut the zombie cards.

>look mommy I'm an internet bully!

how about you tell the guy why you think he's wrong instead?

Alms is a shit card, You need Olivia as often as possible and multiples aren't bad because you can just discard her to herself, Youths are a very strong beater for 3 CMC, Drana is too good to have fewer than 3, and many lists run 4, Bloodmad Vampire is very solid for 2 mana, Avacyn's Judgment is very versatile. To be honest, it feels like you didn't factor in madness cost for several of these cards.

You're definitely right about the zombies, not sure why those are in there.

Explain why Alms is a shit card. Lightning helix for B seems good to me.

It can't target creatures.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/madness-mobilized-game-day-4-0/
>Never played Vampires

I won Game Day with vampires you dolt.

>Alms is a shit card

If you're a pleb. Alms is an all-star in a madness deck

See

Holy shit why this Meta hates Aggro so much? Fuck, Mono-White is not even that strong.
I running a WR Equipaments list and the hate I get is unbearable. Removal turn 1(Dead Weight/Axe) and 2( Ultimate Price, Axe/Temper), board wipes 3(Radiant/Tendrils), 4 (Languish/Chandra) and 5 (Chandra).
Those fuckload of wipes don't even work that well against most of the meta.
I'm going to run fevered visions/mill just to fuck with you Midrange faggots.

6 Life Sway for just 1 mana is absolutely shit. I mean, come on. It's like casting Siege Rhino but instead you only have to spend 1 mana. Who would want that?

>advantages
it doesn't occupy a spell slot
seriously, even if abbey didn't have ormendahl on the back side, a land that shits tokens is still great in most creature based decks

I want to try Jon Finkel's Dark Seasons Past control deck. It looks so damn good. It's the only deck that looks better than Esper Demonic Pact (pre SOI) and that was the best standard deck I've played in a long while.

>fewer than 4 Fiery Temper
Also, saying you won proves nothing.

Where's yours, user? Since you know better than me how to play vampires.

It's terrible. Only looks good because Jon Finkel

It feels more of a meta call to me. If there's lots of humans and naya companies, it works great because of languish.

Flipside of abbey has indestructable, so immolating glare won't work. Declaration in stone is sorcery speed and clip wings is a sideboard card. It's not as bad as you make it out to be user.

That's fair. But honestly 3 damage to opponents face, and 3 life, for 1 mana.

Hardly ever matters in B/R Madness vamps, because you don't need to remove their creatures. Just go face. Most vamps have flying evasion anyways.

Hurr
You need to damage life anyway, no Card disavantage for discard spells and cheaper than Helix.
Run 4 on every Vamps deck or you're just bad.

Aren't you the guy who said he never shared decklists?

Yeah, somehow my friend who doesn't play standard now that I think about it convinced me it was shit.

Alongside Lightning Axe, it's basically 5 to target creature, drain 3 from target player for BR at instant speed. Not bad.

So, why only three Fiery Temper/Alms, and only 2 Lightning Axe? I'm the one who originally posted the deck, just came back to a shitstorm that I may have accidentally caused.

land destruction

Cut Drana. I'm serious, cut Drana. She'll die before you even get a chance to swing with her against many decks and you're generally looking to have RRB on turn 3 because your black spells are only single B where as your burn removal and abilities are R to activate.

Also Insolent Neonate should be in the list as well as Asylum Visitor for easy madness activations or card draw. Stensia Masquerade should be 3-4. Touch of Moonglove is a neat trick but I would change it for Ultimate Price or work in Tormenting Voice.

SB should be slightly transitional with more burn/drain spells with Alms of the Vein and maybe Exquisite Firecraft's because they WILL board in more removal against you. Shadows of the Past as a 1 of has been good to me as has copies of Duress in the side.

Everything you said seems legit, other than Drana. Did you mean Shadows in SB or Main?

And what should I cut for Neonate?

Shadows in SB. This is a Languish and Radiant Flames meta. They will wipe your board so then you just start flinging burn spells at their face and essence draining them for 2.

Honestly I've tested Drana and she did not work as well as she should for me. Maybe your meta she can sneak in for extra points but she always dies in my store meta but nobody can do shit to Stensia Masquerade in game 1.

Don't tell anyone but the best madness enabler for vampire deck is Ravenous Bloodseeker

4 Duress?

Drop touch of moonglove. It's a neat trick but you could just play proper removal on whatever is in the way early and hit in for more damage.

Just 3 Duress in the SB unless you have an extremely heavy planeswalker/control meta then you could probably go to 4 but you don't want to dilute your gameplan too much.

Great, I only have 3 of the nice Graveborn ones anyway.

Already did.

Just for reference this is my list, while this is not the be all or end all of lists you can see how i've built it. The Tainted Remedy is a meta call of mine here, you may want Virulent Plague instead or something else. I cannot stress how impotant it is to adjust your cards for your local area. If you can't run K-commands for budget reasons then don't worry because they're not absolutely vital to the deck, I use them because there have been times where I've reanimated a madness Vampire with the card at instant speed mid-combat or EOT.

deckstats.net/deck-10010184-a7ce1f33a45d5318333eab0e59a805bf.html

You know I remember some stupid fuckwit saying in these threads that new Sorin would drop to be a $10 or bulk rare card one month after release and that B/W control wasn't a deck nor would it ever become one.

C'mon at this point do you really think tg is bad at magic is just a meme? A week before the release of SOI there were hundreds of faggots dismissing every single tricolor deck at sight laughing at the mana base.
There were asshats complaining prowess was bad, narset was OP, newlamog was bad, seasons past would never see play out of commander., oath Chandra was trash, the list goes on and on.

How do you feel about Sinister Concoction? If you drop it early, it's a clear threat, it discards cards, and once it's out, it's one-mana unconditional removal.

>playing b/w control when you could play esper control
>not playing the card known only as "counterspell" in standard
>2016 anno domini

It's fine, it will allow you to hit most manlands if you have mana up and they animate it but in most cases so could a Fiery Temper at Madness or regular levels barring a Lumbering Falls or Wandering Fumarole however most manlands being played are either Hissing Quagmire or Shambling Vents at the moment. Most of your removal is instant speed anyway so if you want something cheap and unconditional out turn 1 then sure if you feel like you need it then run it.

Though I would honestly like to drop a 1 drop vampire dude and start attacking. Lot of the control decks end up with lands tapped on turn 1 anyway so you can swing in for free. Nothing is going to block the Neonate on Turn 1 either way and your Falkenrath and can always get in for 2 if you just remove whatever they have blocking you with Lightning Axe/Ultimate Price.

But hey test it and see if it works for you!

>playing esper control
>not playing B/G Seasons Beatings/Golgari Durdletown
>20XX

So you didn't listen when I told you Nahiri was the best planeswalker in the set and way undervalued?

but nahiri is shit, user

Looking at my list right now, I don't see anything to cut for Neonate. Any ideas?

if you're a pleb

Neonate is only good if you're a pleb

Change Ravenous Bloodseeker to Insolent Neonate. The menace is stronger and being able to trigger madness and draw a card is better than the Ravenous Bloodseeker, get a few hits in with Stensia Masquerade and you've got a really big menace first striking dude. Drop Olivia to 2x. She's not a bad card by all means but you're never going to need her in opening hand.

Call the Bloodline should be a 1 of, put the extra copy to the side. And up the Land count to 22 and drop Abbey. You should win before you even have mana to flip it.

Ravenous Bloodseeker is better because you get to affect the board and it's a repeatable enabler.

I disagree. In my testing I've been able to Drop Neonate turn 1 and then cast either Falkenrath or hold up mana to Fiery Temper them in the face in case they use removal on Neonate or trigger madness easy in later turns.

Second of all making your opponent use removal on Insolent Neonate is a win for you because they're being forced to use 2 cmc+ removal spells on a 1 cmc card. You tap out for Ravenous Bloodseeker Turn 2 and they remove it you will get nothing.

Thirdly Insolent Neonate replaces itself and has evasion where as Ravenous Bloodseeker does not.

>neonate replaces itself
user...

If you draw neonate late with a some cards in hand you can play it, trigger madness on a card if you have it and draw a card. So yes it can replace itself.

>it's like casting siege rhino for one mana

This is what retards actually believe. Because, yeah, the lightning helix was what made siege rhino good, not the 4/5 trampler it was stapled to.

The thing is, Bloodseeker with counters from Olivia or Masquerade can dump two cards a turn and swing for 5.

jesus christ people think alms of the vein is a playable card?
HURK

How important is it for you to come out and swinging in the early turns? I'm seriously debating Jund Vampires, which really only means R/B Vamps splashing green for CoCo and sideboard options, but the manabase is a little clunky and normally the first two turns are either evolving wilds or a tapped battleland.
The entire reason why I'm even considering this is because I already own a playset of CoCos and I don't want to run white.

Explain why it isn't.

Not just playable user, it's a good card.
But that's ok, keep applying Limited card evaluations to Standard Constructed.

Not him, but you really do need to come out roaring. If you don't have at least a 2/1 out by the end of turn two, just forget about winning,unless the other deck is really slow.

doesn't affect the board, life gain is not relevant for the burn player in most matchups? i guess im feeling generous so ill give you the whole lesson. you see, lava spike effects are only playable when you have an extremely high concentration of them. alms or other lava spike effects wouldn't have been playable in theros - khans standard when we had lightning strike and stoke the flames, and it sure as hell isn't playable now. also this one in particular is mana inefficient unless you run a bunch of shitty creatures just to make your bad card not cost 3 mana, which is just a bad game plan to begin with. obviously the only way to build the madness aggro deck is to take advantage of those creatures, which means that you're on a creature beatdown plan. so why would you run bad madness cards that don't affect the board, or don't help you get damage through? the answer is you wouldn't, because there are definitely already enough madness cards for you to be running that aren't garbage. the life gain on alms is also particularly ineffective because the aggro decks that are in the format right now hit you with creatures and not with burn spells - gaining 3 life is extremely powerful in the burn mirror in modern, but in standard all you've done is fogged 1 of their creatures for a turn.

who is talking about limited?
>good card
don't make me laugh

Ok if it has counters on it sure but how will it have counters on turn 3? Some of the madness cards cost 2 and 3 and you're not going to be able to dump two cards a turn and cast them easily for value nor will you be able to dump two cards a turn if you don't have any counters on it. At the same time you're quickly running out of cards if you end up dumping extra cards and then they just target your Bloodseeker with removal. Neonate if they target with removal you just sac and draw a new card while getting rid of another card or using it to trigger madness.

You're looking at casting it on Turn 2 and then turn 3 you are doing what? Trying to hold Stensia Masquerade back to throw in mid combat? If they have a 0/1 plant token on the ground or a 1/1 or 1/2 on the ground then what? They just chump you then? In the same situation Neonate would become stronger over time with Stensia and still retains Menace and is not as easily chumped. In the same cmc slot Heir of Falkenrath sets up better for the next turn or Olivia's Bloodsworn can be cast and setup haste for another Heir of Falkenrath or another Bloodsworn and swing in with evasion. Bloodseeker does not draw me an extra card when it comes down in a useless situation if I need to topdeck into a Fiery Temper or some other burn spell to the face to finish them off.

It's playable in R/B Vampires. Not much anywhere else. It's basically Lava Spike Drain. You don't need it to affect the board you just need it to finish them off or get them low enough to swing in next turn. Combined with Fiery Temper and you have about 8 cards that can do 3 to the face for 1 mana.

It's a 1/3 blocker, 3/1 attacker, and once per turn (including opponent's turn) free discard.

i mean, considering that the b/r vampires deck itself isn't even playable, i can't really argue with that

dank meme, bruh

uh... i uh, i have some bad news for you and your meme deck if you think that was a joke

And what do you play, edgelord?

no i mean like, i'm not joking, and i'm not here to make fun of you either. all i meant to say was that b/r vampires isn't a real deck. it's not viable. it's just not strong enough. like, there's no shame in it, i just wasn't aware people had built it thinking it was a real deck that's all. i'm sorry for your loss, user.

Actually the deck is playable and underrated at the moment. It should be played as a pseudo burn deck to close the gap and work well in that regard. Most lists are jamming in things that they think fit but are actually clunky and don't actually work(Kalitas) given some proper testing.

And I was just asking a shitposter and obvious baiter what he played.

So you agree with me that Kalitas is too slow and unsynergistic? Great, I thought I was the only one.

no like, i'm genuinely trying to tell you that your deck isn't playable. it's not an opinion, this is just an objective fact. literally every fnm in the world has vampires players. literally every pro team no doubt tested the deck. b/r vampires was almost certainly the FIRST thing anyone considered playing in this format. and yet, not a single b/r vampires list has so much as top 8'd an event. not a SINGLE one. do you know how many standard events we've had so far this season? we've had enough to have half a THOUSAND decks make it into top 8s. we've had top 8s with DEMONIC PACT in them, that's how varied they are. you know which deck has not even been SEEN in a top 8 because it's so grossly unplayable that nobody has been able to win with it? b/r vampires.

i am truly, genuinely, so sorry.

and despite not being a shitposter nor a baiter, i play esper control, thank you very much.

What do you think about Avaricious Dragon as a one-of for the madness deck? Seems like great synergy with Asylum Visitor to draw 3-4 cards per turn and madness cast them all.

>objective fact
That's your opinion.
>no top 8s
Despite being a rude dick, did prove that he won game day with it.

>1/3 Blocker
We're really not a deck that's looking to keep back a blocker on turn 2.
>3/1 attacker
That can get chump blocked by a Hangarback, Blisterpod, Thraben Inspector very easily and will most likely die to one of these.

Your 2 drop should either have evasion or lead into evasion somewhere in the list. Similarily on turn 2, Heir of Falkenrath, Olivia's Bloodsworn or Asylum Visitor is much stronger than Ravenous Bloodseeker.

You don't make it 3/1 until it's unblocked.

And then it will have removal played on it and you're down two cards if you didn't play anything for madness then. If it gets blocked anyway then not only did your attack accomplish nothing but you also have nothing to block/trade with against their attack.

>facts are opinion!
ah, and here we move into the second stage of loss for the casual brewer: denial.