MTG under-overpowered creatures general

OP from previous demon thread here,
Since the last thread got some major steam and good discussions, lets have a new one.

ITT: creatures that otk if they're not dealt with or blocked.

>post your gigganiggafu, ones that don't see much play preferred.
>discuss others'

Pic related is my favorite.

This seems like a fairly underused, and underrated card. Any sac deck that splashes green should have this as an auto-include.
Combine with Angry Ommnath and the Amulet of Vigor and you have a nice G/R wincon there.

this is almost a junk rare

infect, or even wither, is indestructibility's hard counter.

this creature has both, from a set where infect was common, it basically made Darksteel Colossus, into Shitsteel Colossus

>if you put this casual crap card into a deck that is already over powered, it makes this card overpowered
no

Seems like it could have a fun time with Emeria Angel and Amulet of Vigor, but...
>5 mana, plus one before it does anything
>Incredibly underwhelming effect in a void
Kitchen table at best.

>this is almost a junk rare
Must be why this card is over 20 bucks

> >if you put this casual crap card into a deck that is already over powered, it makes this card overpowered
>no
RG Omnath is overpowered? Are you just baiting?

It's not underrated or anything.
But damn it cost too much.
And of course useless against most decks. Unless you have parallel lives or something.
BUT DAMN IS IT FUN WHEN IT WORKS

That's a really fucking cool card

I'll post some of my favorite green fatties.

This guy is insane in my Mayael EDH deck, he can get really big, and only by tapping 2-3 creatures.

This guy was the first green creature I played with, also in my Mayael deck.

A classic.

I love this guy, he can clean up shop quickly if you leave him be for a couple of turns.

You just triggered a dozen fa/tg/uys

I'll end off with my favorite green creature of all time.

In a Mayael deck, you can get this guy out onto the battlefield for 1-6 mana very quickly. An auto-include in the deck.

Top kek

I love this bad boy

Steel Hellkite is my husbandu

He's stupidly effective in a modern Tron deck as long as you're not against Tokens or Fairies as it can deal with problem permanents except for Stony Silence easily and firebreathes like a boss

(You)

Truuuu lol

From the same block.
I can't believe they printed this. A very easy build around means you can drop it for
F
R
E
E
at little or no downside. Comes out on turn two if you want to drop Heartless Summoning, works with Eldrazi Scions, dorks, Magus of the Vineyard, you fucking name it.
I can't explain to you guys the number of times I've stuck a Semblance Anvil and dropped four in a turn.

>that instawin is barely playable
ok

Wouldn't you drop three?

That's a very cool card, it's got everything it takes to make a great card. Shame fatties like these never see play because of how quick games are in modern.

This is my favorite fat ass, how do you like it?

But Blightsteel is played in Legacy MUD, and does quite well in that deck.

Alright, now for realsies, I'll post some of my top picks.

I love the Patron cycle from Kamigawa, I thought Offerings were a very cool and exploitable mechanics that would go along great with Tribal decks which I love. Patron of the Moon in particular has some potential as a ramp tool in blue, a color that doesn't get too much access to ramp of this kind. It's not my favorite Patron though.

It sucks when you can't get the effect off. But when it does, oh boy that's an instant win right there. Sadly I only got it to work once to swing at my opponent with 5 breaker of armies.

Oh shit forgot the pic. Whatever, you guys remember Patron of the Moon right?

Then unto pic related, a very big fatty with alternative casting methods, a n awesome ability and not too big a casting cost, but above all one of my first and favorite Legends ever since I got it in a pack after buting the Champions Orochi starter deck.

Really, I don't understand why nobody has tried anything with it yet. Its such a cool build-around-me card.

It's very fun but too inconsistent to be any good. Still, I got one right away after OGW released for my EDH decks.

That's my Snakefu, I love him

>Fauna Shaman and Elvish Piper with Patron for a nice Tooth and Nail
>Snake Patron with mana doublers like Dictate of Karametra, Vernal Bloom, Heartbeat of spring, Caged Sun ect.

I've yet to do something really interesting with him but in terms of RAMP N SMASH I like him way more than Omnath or Vorinclex

People really seem to hate on spellshapers. They're a little slow but they rock once you get them going. Pic related is MVP in my graveyard based EDH decks, and Mageta the Lion is still as busted as it was in Masques.

I can't decide which one I like better. One turns my mana base into massive creatures while the other is a massive wall that turns into a OHKO the turn after if I'm mana ramping.

I like to use him with Omnath and Upwelling in Commander for ridiculous results.

Got a foil Colossus for my brother, he loves playing big meanies

Talikng about EDH, here's one of my favorite pieces of tech. I just wish it was Modern legal because I fucking love Spirits.

Can't talk about awesome Kamigawa cards without bringing up THIS guy.

I play a EDH deck with progenitors as my commander and I can safely say that this enchantment is not worth it.

Just look at this guy, ugh, he's practically asking to be put on a deck with Evershrike. I just need to build a cool Aura deck at some point.

Why can't Auras be good?, There are awesome enchantments out there, but they are more of an exception than a rule.

But some day they'll fuck up and print an OP aura, just you wait.

In the deck I run it in, ive been told there are better things for 12 or less mana to play

I fucking love Mossbridge Troll. He works wonder's in my green token (with a couple of big fatties) deck. Also, the artwork is just tasty.

I both love/hate Colossus.

SoLA's home is in a Zur EDH deck. Nothing feels quite as great as pulling an Aqueous Form with a Celestial Mantel in the same swing

>Why can't Auras be good?

You know he was part of an actual Standard deck with Eldrazi Conscription right?

I actually didn't. I didn't play when Alara was around. Big loss looking back at all the cool cards that were released.

Yeah the deck played Eldrazi Conscription and this guy and maybe a few other dudes. Was a fairly successful deck too. Card spiked stupidly as a result of it.

A timeless classic

What's average airspeed velocity of unladen swallower?

OH BOY I HOPE YOU LOVE ENDING THE GAME TWICE AS FAST BOY INFECT SURE IS FUN UNBLOCKABLE BULLSHIT FUCK ASS CUNT DICK STOMPING SHIT SHELF PUSSY ASS FUCK

You seem to be suffering some manner of behind discomfort, kind sir.

I'd like to see more Archons in the future. They make for great counterparts to the Angels and some have quite interesting abilities. Too bad this one costs way too much to stop any creature-based aggro deck.

Look, I know YOU like it when you're playing cards and having fun, but I don't.

So I'm just gonna play pic related here, and laugh at you for playing mono-colored.

This is without a doubt my favorite card in these last years.

Its just so pushed. A 2/1 flash flier for 2 is already pretty nice, but one that grants hexproof at etb?, That's pretty crazy. Then what about one that also gives all your spirits flash?

Its just ridiculous. It's amazing people aren't getting these by the dozen for when Spirits ravage Modern and they are 10 bucks a pop.

>He

And here's my finisher for said deck, a criminally underrated card that can ascertain total board dominance with just a few lords to fatten up your creatures.

True gentleman choices

This card is just lovely

>Perilous Forays
>underused, and underrated card
Nope.

Nopenopenopenopenope. Not touching this. Am not. Not gonna do it.

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I absolutely love it. I need this card for my collection.

fun tip, activate Selvala's ability in order to pay Panglacial Wurm's mana cost to play it from your library an see what happens if you don't generate enough mana.

This thing can literally break the rules of Magic. The only other card that does that is Equinox.

Wait, what? How does this work?

its not that crazy

you get to untap any lands you attempted to pay for panglacial wurm with

but you dont get to untap selvala (even though its a mana ability), instead you just have mana in your mana pool and everybody draws a card

Are you suggesting Blightsteel Colossus is underpowered?

It does not break rules, it's just a little weird.

It's a normal "you may cast" effect that tons of cards have, it just inserts its effect into another event... as replacement effects often do.
The only odd part is it affecting the game from the library, which wouldn't be viable without the required search (then shuffle which follows the search).
Since the stack is a revealed zone, and the first step in casting is to put the card in that zone, it really plays out fairly clean.
You just have to remember to finish your search (and the rest of the resolution event that caused it) after the cast... and before priority is next acquired, but not before resolution.

I'm quite confused as to how you think Equinox breaks the rules.
It counters a very specific thing, sure, but it's a quality you can check for in the targeted spell.
It's really no more awkward that stronghold biologist or Teferi's response.

How does equinox break anything?
Also my first ever deck was a shitty pile of naya cards with three of this guy. It was great.

Yes, I even had Behemoth's Herald in there. Yes, I was able to actually activate it a few times.

See

This is a regular 4 of in modern infect, what are you doing posting it in this thread?

>Tokens or Fairies
Why user? You can pay 0 to nuke all token creatures on the board if you manage to connect.

>Liege of the Tangle
Every game I have seen its ability activate someone immediately played a wraith.

That card lost me a lot of games.

Rites of Initiation is good in any red token deck for when you want to close out the game

I assume you were there when we built that deck?

I assume the bitterblossoms and assorted fliers make it really hard to swing unblocked

I run this guy as a finisher in my Riku EDH deck. Hilarious if Kiki-Jiki's on the board.

>calling a card that sees legacy and vintage play a junk rare

How to spot the new player 101

>getting trolled this hard

>doesn't even know what kind of thread they're in.

It's considered an overpowered card to some. This thread is based on peoples' opinions of cards. My opinion is that this card is cheap as hell. Get over it.

You have to pay its mana cost still though right?

Seems like it could be nifty in a Ghave deck. One issue I see though that prevents truly abusing it is that when you're 3 colors in EDH you shouldn't be running that many basic lands. 10 or so at the most.

This was supposed to link to this

This is my favorite wurm in magic by a mile. The numbers and trample are great (coming from scaled wurm) and the seven life is a great stabilizer against a bunch of decks. Toss an extra card in the mix if he's shot down, and you've got a great colon-stomper fatty that heralds the end-times for most casual play.

yes

Obviously. Otherwise you could put 36 power on board with a T1 fetchland. Think a little user.

Is it more often than not a suicide card in EDH? You bet your ass it is, but I'm going to run it anyways.

Whoops read topic wrong

God dammit I know who you are.

Reason why it's so crazy strong is because you can cheat it in. No one hard-casts Blightsteel.

Why is sundering titan banned?

I absolutely love spell shapers, I do wish they came in non-creature artifact form more often though. The Shard set from Mirrodin was a good example.

I fucking loved this thing when it released. Me and some friends started playing Magic again after a while, you should've saw the look on their face when I pulled that out of a rampant growth. Utter disbelief.

Speaking of other things far too expensive to be reliably played...

>9 mana for two eldrazi Titans
Neat.

I love any sort of card that recycles itself upon death or use. One of the biggest causes of loss in kitchen table magic is simply bogging yourself down in drawing one card per turn, which may or may not be useful. Cards that let you keep card advantage with a useful effect can be lifesavers for non-blue decks.

That's played, though.

You know you still have to pay Panglacial Wurm's mana cost, even if you cast it from your libtary, right?

Of course. Otherwise there would have been popular decks based around summoning them T1 with haste for 36 damage.

So you pulled it on a really late-game rampant growth? Seems janky.

>calling a card that sees legacy and vintage play a junk rare
That doesn't really count for much. Dimir Cutpurse use to be a 4x in certain Vintage decks, but it was still a junk rare.

>Speaking of other things far too expensive to be reliably played...
>Tooth and nail
user are you retarded or baiting.

That's actually one of the things I like about the card.

Too often does a green deck pull land searches far too late and wind up putting another land on top of their pile of forests. Panglacial Wurm helps fix that problem by turning rampant growths into creatures. Even if you draw one late, you're still getting something useful out of the deal.

I'm probably out of date. At the time it was printed, it wasn't so horrible, even though you could do some nasty tricks with it. After Mirrodin, power creep saw it go from "Oh shit, I've got all sorts of other shit to deal with too," to "Might as well scoop."

>Overpowered

But all you gotta do is remove it user =P

It's considered an overpowered card to practically everyone, that's why it's a 4 of in modern infect. The whole point of this thread is to post shit that's overpowered but not used that often. How about you read what the thread is about before you try to tell people to deal with your shitty attitude.

Cool name, cool art, nice body, what more can you ask for?