Survey Time

>get free btc from Veeky Forums circa 2009/10, lose them because they were worthless and lost info
>buy into btc at 30$ and 350$
>afk and hold for a while
>see eth threads spammed on Veeky Forums daily, buy in at $0.50
>finally start swing/day trading on poloniex during eth dollar phase.

I have gone from $3K to almost $100K by doing next to nothing, obviously I should have more given how early I was into crypto.

I do not even know what a blockchain is, I have never read a whitepaper, and the only "research" I do is to just go to Veeky Forums, see what coin is being shilled the hardest, then check it's subreddit and see if any news attached at all, then buy in.

My question is this, how many of you actually research coins, or are most of you here like me?

>pic related because you guys have dictated every purchase i've made.

what exchange is that

This is pretty much me. I started with 3k in ethereum. Still don't really know much about blockchain other than "decentralized public ledger". I just see what coins look promising, try to assess any reasonable FUD. But I only understand like 20% of the tech so usually I will just find FUD, repost it somewhere else, and wait for someone smarter to debunk it. If they do, I buy in.

this has worked pretty well from me and my portfolio would be roughly 100k like yours. But I got fucked by chainlink. 30k now.

very subtle XLM shill

nicely done

same.

altho i read twitter instead of just reddit.

started with $270 dollars like a year ago..

35k club. sup.

>cant tell you what blockchain is
>ive looked at 1 white paper i think.
>trade 100% rumors/news, sell it at first sign of dump, work from home so i can watch the markets.
>i still dont know what ETH does and why its that much different than bitcoin. dont really care either.

I bought xlm @2200-3800 sats, fite me.

pic related is my biggest fuckup prolly, enjoy it's trashmemery

I don't even have a twitter, i was considering one just to follow tech people for news but it seems redundant since all noteworthy news is instantly brought to here or reddit.

not an exchange. coin.fyi It's a bit misleading tho as it's only 24hr changes, would like if it could also show my buy in prices.

dump siacoin

it will rocket someday, weakhands etc

Really curious to see more people comment, I wonder if anyone here actually researches this stuff and genuinely understands even a fraction of what coins do.

Im from 2011, I actually research certain coins. A lot of ICOs recently are done by existing companys that I have intimate knowledge of the industrys theyre in. I post on biz mainly to warn people not to fall for them as most existing companys do ICOs purely as money grabs.

They get pre-ICO investments from companys with the understanding that the ICO will take place. This pre-ico investment is an actual investment round where they are taking a percentage of the company. The investors then want to see an ICO happen to raise FREE CAPITAL to be spent on growing their business.

People line up to give companys free money, they dont burn the tokens that dont sell because they couldnt care less. Its a gold rush to scrape up all the free money when the businesses are profitable, have investments, and do not even need the free money but youd be stupid not to take it off the hands of unaccredited investors.

Also most coins have no purpose and wont actually work with anything. Businesses just make up a potential usecase for them that will never happen and just issue ERC20 tokens to take the free money.

So what warnings do you have right now?

I research every investment I have tirelessly, understand just about everything there is to know about mainstream and underground crypto trends and underlying philosophy, and fully understand the mechanisms of the top 50 coins. I even knew about and bought bitcoin back in 2011.
I now have 3,200 USD in my portfolio, and honestly hate every single one of you for simply being in the right place, at the right time with more luck than I. I sincerely pray to any god who'll listen every day to bring this all crumbling down on your heads. Only then, will I be truly happy.

this is exactly how I felt when the eth/etc war waged. Fucking ethtards, etc should have won.

the mistake you made was thinking you knew more.
nobody has any idea what all this shit means not even the experts

This

Nice larp fegwit

But in all honesty, what is there to research?
Please explain why etc and eth are different, and why it shouldn have won.

where is your LINK op?

Good on you, my man, but you need to be careful. $100k isn't much and it can go very quickly. Think about scaling out a little to protect your profits.

Dude, all the OP has done is create an account on a trading platform that gives you a DEMO account with $100k in it to play around with. After that he's just "bought" the cryptos and shown the results of the DEMO MONEY used to buy them in that screen shot. The guy is a fucking spade.

Wait you've been in the game this long and dont even own 1 bitcoin?

What's your opinion on DNA?