/CofD/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness & World of Darkness General

>Pastebin
pastebin.com/mByuG93b

Pandora uploaded all her character art to Imgur, and provided a zip.
thenewminus.imgur.com/
mediafire.com/download/bsfqtd45b9fwbvp/pc.zip
(If you could start uploading them to urbfan.booru.com that'd be swell)

Someone linked Dreams of Avarice
sendspace.com/file/ctjmhm

And someone else linked the Demon Storyteller's Guide
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8lHuEeaOkFRM3BfNE80Y0dpSTQ/view?usp=docslist_api

Info for most oWoD and 1e character information
rp.thesubnet.com/

>We have a booru, add things to it! (Be sure to tag well)
urbfan.booru.org/
>Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-changeling-the-dreaming-20th-anniversary-ed
>The Onyx Path Official Website
theonyxpath.com/
>Drive-Thru RPG, for all your legally-obtained book needs
drivethrurpg.com/
>A Mega bin, for your less legally-obtained book needs
mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw
>The Chronicles of Darkness Core Book(Which isn't in the Mega link)
a.uguu.se/bvffls_ChronicleofDarknessAndornWoD2e.pdf
>Beast
a.uguu.se/tdjeag_BeastthePrimordial-Core.pdf
>Dark Eras
a.uguu.se/gfanzk_TheDarknessAcrossTime.pdf

>Bunch of dumb tumblrs that are filled with WoD jokes
chroniclesofdorkness.tumblr.com/
puttingthevigilinvigilantism.tumblr.com/
hedgingyourbets.tumblr.com/
atlanteanstupidity.tumblr.com/
inthenameofthemoonmoon.tumblr.com/
whatshouldvampirescallme.tumblr.com/
whathappeninthechantry.tumblr.com/
harpiesgonnaharp.tumblr.com/

>Mage 2e for poor losers
mega.nz/#!B4US0aqZ!ZfMiO0LX9FP2pRWGMJKmosYd8PJiChPGx3ZJLKUJZs8

>Mage 2e for rich fuckers
drivethrurpg.com/product/181754/Mage-the-Awakening-2nd-Edition

>Question
David Bowie

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ
youtu.be/TKL3nzJxp0U
youtube.com/watch?v=cWRIR39N8WA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I was listening to a podcast and there was an interview with this Writer who explained how they got their inspiration. They actually talked to it and had a relationship with it. Sounds to me like a spirit of creativity.

Daily reminder that 1e nWoD is better than CofD unless you like stupid pseudo-metaplot. And if you want a metaplot, why aren't you going the full nine yards and playing Revised oWoD?

The one thing Requiem 2e did right (removing emotional deadness) can easily be backported into 1e if you're a competent ST and CofD is proof that if something isn't broke, don't fix it.

Just sayin'

>waah waah Mages aren't broken enough anymore waah

Ur-Shulgi did 9/11.
Discuss.

Addendum to this post....

In addition to pseudo-metaplot, CofD 2e has Beast: The Primordial and SJW bullshit. So why are we defending this garbage?

1e was already good and it was toolkit so if you didn't like something, you could just homebrew it away.

You can keep your God-Machine, Idigams, Beasts, psychic vampire changelings, and Strix (yes, I know Strix were technically introduced in 1e, but they weren't in until very late in 1e's development cycle and didn't become the main antagonists until 2e)

I'll just stick to my games of criminal intrigue and any stuck-up pretentious snobs who don't like it can fuck off.

I don't play Mage, I stick to Vampire and Changeling mostly. I might give Mage 1e a look though.

>CofD 2e has Beast: The Primordial
I outright ignore it's existence and will never EVER feature them in my games.

Funny, I do the same thing. Not only to Beast, but also Demon: The Descent, the Strix, the Akhud, and well, pretty much all of 2e.

Outlaws forever

Well, I don't find Demon interesting (being basically a Matrix rip-off), so I don't feature them as well. I don't play Vampires, but I kinda like Strix as antags (but I would make them 'just the spirits'). I don't know who Akhud are (is you aren't talking about this small vampire group).

>And if you want a metaplot, why aren't you going the full nine yards and playing Revised oWoD?
Bar the fact oWoD metaplot is garbage not merely in its nature as metaplot but also in its content?

So, I'll be honest.

I know that it's unpopular to prefer 1e CofD over 2e, but there is a point to the madness. Onyx Path has been corrupted with pseudo-metaplot garbage and general SJW douchebaggery and it really shows.

But because you guys blindly suck Onyx Path's dick and will go full contrarian to anyone who says otherwise all because of a stupid recurring troll who likes to emulate other posters and then amp up their idiocy.

Well, a broken clock is right twice a day. And in the meantime, I will crack open a can of OPB (Other People's Beer) and watch you guys do mental backflips to justify liking the shitty product that is CofD 2e.

Please stop talking, we got your point in your first post.

I've never understood what retards like this mean by 'pseudo-metaplot'. Either there is a metaplot, or there isn't. Make up your mind with your bait complaints.

And at this point, I've stopped caring if you confuse me for some troll/shitposter.

All I know is that I'm not some sheep who sucks Onyx Path's dick and thinks they can do no wrong despite all evidence to the contrary.

The whole bullshit with the God-Machine, the Strix, the Idigam, etc.

It's written like a metaplot but in a way that feels as if the writers are too chickenshit to actually implement a full metaplot so they try to deny it's an actual metaplot, so these concepts are stuck in some limbo between the open-ended toolbox approach of 1e nWoD and the heavy-handed One True Way mentality of Revised oWoD.

So you're against... antagonists? Because the word you are looking for is antagonists, you know, bad guys, that do bad things, and require characters to act against them. user, that isn't what a metaplot is.

If you think it is a metaplot because they gave those guys backstories, that is also not what a metaplot is. That is... well that is a backstory, you might even call it fluff. The backstory for the idigam is the same as the backstory for Father Wolf, vague, probably not exact, and mutable. Same with the Strix.

I won't put the God-Machine in that camp because it is even vaguer than usual, and can literally be made to have come from or have done whatever you want.

I honestly don't think you know what a metaplot is at this point. I'm not even sure you remember 1E if you think 2E is different in anyway.

Hate on me all you want, but I actually have fun with my nWoD games instead of angsting all day like a whiny emo bitch and arguing over minor bullshit in Mage 2e.

In fact, this evening a few of my bros are going to play in my Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Vampire: The Requiem/Changeling: The Lost crossover chronicle. First session of a new campaign. Wish me luck!

I get it, you guys like blindly following metaplot (or pseudo-metaplot), bowing down to Onyx Path like mindless sheep, and cutting your wrists while listening to Sisters of Mercy and My Chemical Romance.

I'll just laugh at your smugness because I like playing RPG's and I like drinking beer.

Anime, Beer, and RPG's. That's what it's all about.

I already have decent antagonists for my Requiem games. They're called Belial's Brood.

Not to mention hunters, law enforcement, and rival covenants.

I've got plenty of antagonists. No need for the Strix.

So, Major Tom, aside from the fact he's Mastigos, do we have any idea for his Order and are their any Mastigos Legacies that grant Forces as an additional Arcanum?

>Hates SJW stuff
>Post pictures from his gay fanfic

Then... don't use the strix?

Did you think they were required?

It's Kingdom Hearts yaoi, so you're about half right.

You know, someone can be queer and not be an insufferable SJW. Bisexual male here. You would not know it because I don't make a big deal of it and wave it around like SJW's do.

Anyway, I hope my Requiem/Lost game goes well.

The doctor put me on a light diet. Menthol Lights and Miller Lite!

So, I got the dice, the character sheets, the story planned out, and of course, the beer (Miller Lite, Bud Lite, and Redd's Apple Ale)

So, I may have time to argue with you guys in the morning, but I'll be gone all afternoon and evening. Unlike you guys, I actually game from time to time.

The fact that they get a whole fucking chapter in Requiem 2e while Belial's Brood isn't even mentioned once can lead one to believe such things.

And even if they are optional, I prefer Virtues and Vices over Masks and Dirges, and I like 1e Disciplines over 2e Disciplines.

If this is you not being an insufferable sjw, no wonder people like SJWs here.

Your tastes are okay.

Dude, don't feed it.

So, my game will start in Los Santos but could theoretically encompass the entire state of San Andreas. So far we have Ordo Dracul, Circle of the Crone, and Spring Court players. Looking good so far.

Here's the theme song for my campaign....

Ice Cube-"It Was a Good Day"

youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ

And since you guys want some more Kingdom Hearts yaoi, why not?

Anybody ever watch The Shield? Excellent show and great inspiration for Requiem and Vigil games.

Vic Mackey is a badass.

Russian orthodox catholic church forever

>Being this wrong
Go away, Carmilla. Why do you even keep posting in the first place? Didn't you say you had to go actually RP?

This may sound cliché, but I'm tired of arguing with you. So I'm just going to browse more Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy yaoi and drink lots of beer. I got a bottle of Heineken on my computer desk and a half-drank sixpack of Miller Lite in the fridge.

I've got better things to do than listen to a bunch of stuck-up pretentious losers who get butthurt over how other people play their pretend vampire games.

Go deep throat Martin Ericsson if you must. I'm bored of this shit. Unlike you guys, I've got an actual game to work on.

And as a parting gift, here's some more KH yaoi!

>Russian Orthodox
>Catholic

Pick one, dumbass

You fail theology forever, you brain dead goth.

Go fawn over pic related. The only thing he did right was Requiem 1e (and he even dropped the ball on that one with the emotional deadness garbage)

That's not anime gangsta enough

But it is accurate

For fucksake, stop replying to the fuckwit.
It only makes him talk more.

Yes, what he said. I'm so sick of this bullshit. I just wanna drink my beer, watch my cute bishie anime boys go at it, and then run my game later today.

So fuck off.

I think instead we ought to talk more about the interactions between Mages and the God-Machine.

All the new books for the main splats make sure to keep everything removed from GM talk, which makes it hard to know exactly how any of them would fight it, or even realize it is there. But the others, Vampires, Werewolves, probably would barely care unless it attacked them head on.

Mages, on the other hands, can't abide a mystery. What greater mystery maker is there than the God-Machine.

So what the hell is an Awakened to do to root out and rage against the machine?

How is temporal sympathy supposed to work? I see people keep on talking about how you can use Time to change the past, so what is stopping you from killing Hitler?

Fuck you. Go read it yourself.

I believe the G-M to be the Exarch of the Fallen World, who was crippled by the other Exarchs when they ascended to the Supernal and encased him in the Abyss. He is the reason that the tributaries of the Arcanum exist in the first place.

The problem with the G-M is that there is no rhyme or method to it, it's parts operate in ways that don't make sense and don't follow the kind of orderly patterns that Mages like. Plus even a strong Cabal is going to have trouble with Rank 3 and 4 Angel hitsquads coming after them because they're trying to poke around in C&C Infrastructure.

Asking this again, because the idea sounds interesting and I'll tell myself that I might try it, then never do that.
>Would Twilight be better as a video game?
youtu.be/TKL3nzJxp0U
How would you make a WoD dating sim?

Also, I'm such a fuck up. I'm making a sample character just to walk myself through character creation so I'm making a character who's Shadowname is Ryona and she's a Mage who *really* enjoys getting the shit beat out of her, because everyone was talking about the Whipping Boys last thread. But (in 1e at least) they're Obrimos only and have Life Ruling but all their Attainments have Mind secondary, and that means splitting between a lot of shit. She'd need to start out more or less ignoring Prime and Forces. I'm tempted to just say fuck it and make her a kinky Perfected Adept, because Goddamn, that is going to lead to a thinly stretched Arcana spread for this character that I don't actually intend to play in the first place, so why do I care how mechanically competent they are.

I don't know, the G-M doesn't necessarily care about mage stuff, like the abyss, or abyssal anything really. It gets mixed into so much other stuff, it seems hard to believe it wouldn't be working harder toward ascension.

>How would you make a WoD dating sim?
Isn't that essentially what the Mods became? Every nWoD chatsite I've ever played on was basically 80/20 fucking-to-plot ratio. The best one was the game where the major antagonist was an unihar created by werewolf two PCs fucking.

I dunno about a hitsquad. There are rules for what sort of threat response the G-M has, but generally it is up to the ST. I mean, if the G-M doesn't know what it is dealing with, it isn't going to go straight to red alert, it may not start with angels at all. It likes to use other infrastructure that is around, even if that means a Slasher Compact in the area that it can use to try to rough up the mages so they never come back.

Also, I don't know if the lack of immediate coherence to the G-M's plots would make Mages LESS interested. If anything it would make me more curious until I got the feeling there was nothing to find. By then I probably would have an angel dick up my ass.

I think His plan is less "Ascension", and more "Smash the Fallen World into the Supernal Realms", god only knows what the end result of that would be.

The looks on the Exarchs faces when he actually pulls this off should be priceless.

Wait, WoD isn't a dating sim?

I've been STing all wrong...

>so what is stopping you from killing Hitler?

Future Mages killing you to stop you killing Hitler.

>WoD moderated chats
So what you're saying is your WoD dating sim would involve a clique murdering the fuck out of you because they're shitheads who feel insulted on a deep and personal level that other people might have fun without the permission?
Some of my favourite games might as well have been.

The G-M knows what Mages are, I mean how could it not? I'd assume it'd rank their threat level up there with your standard Unchained Ring and so I figure the same sort of hunter-killer Angel squads it sends after them would apply. After all, C&C Infrastructure is probably what a Mage who's been on this Mystery for awhile would be looking for (the brains) and that's what all G-M books describe as the hardest to find and most well-defended.

I don't think the Awakened can do more than poke and prod. The GM would be considered a Rank 7+ entity if it was not a decentralized physical network. If a Mage causes enough trouble, something will come along to take him out. If a Cabal is causing trouble, you are going to get hunter-killer angels. If a Consilium tried to pick a fight with the GM, it might just back down if it didn't consider the city important, but you might get a whole squad of hunter-killer angels or possibly even a Rank 6 angel if you pushed your luck too far.

So how would they deal with the GM? Very carefully.

>you will never run a dating sim Chronicle centered around attractive young mages screwing each other and trying to kill incongruously attractive young Hitler

Why even tell stories?

>So what you're saying is your WoD dating sim would involve a clique murdering the fuck out of you because they're shitheads who feel insulted on a deep and personal level that other people might have fun without the permission?
Yeah, I do. Because they knew the risks and had to deal with the consequences, welcome to the World of Darkness, not the world of blissful carefree love with superpowers.

At what point do the Acanthi who have become sentient timelines come into this?

I don't think the G-M would consider any other creep on the same threat level as an Unchained ring.

You have to think of it not based on power level (which would wildly differ among mages. Plus, not all mages have the equipment to even pose a real threat to the G-M. PLUS, we know the G-M can't properly mess with the power of other creep types, so it doesn't have a perfect understanding.)

The Unchained are a higher priority because the G-M knows where they come from, from it. They are traitor agents, they inherently have intel on the G-M that mages may NEVER figure out. Plus they are carrying around G-M tech that could be terrible if it were to get out. The Unchained are always priority number one. Mages are a nuisance at best.

What's the best way to cope with the fact that Players haven't planned to be able to coordinate amongst themselves in the event of a serious emergency? Just handwave something?

I hate WoD MUSH style games because there's always one or more groups that coordinate OOC to fuck shit up for everyone else just to be assholes. Usually it's the people playing ostensibly good and pure characters, while the people playing evil babyrapists will try to make sure you're comfortable OOC with them beating you up.

In Character Action=In Character Consequences only when it's used as justification for their character being shittily played, and when it's time for them to pay the piper and suffer in character consequences for their in character actions... whoops, delete the character and get a friend on the mod team to just sanction your new one right away (if that friend on the mod team isn't just you yourself).

I'm fuckin' salty alright

The Principle is neither benevolent not fair-minded, it gives life and tests that which lives only.

If death is their destiny then so be it.

You can lean on a mechanic that isn't necessarily in WoD, and let them roll to ass-pull previous planning out. Keep it only to this situation (aka, don't pretend it is a mechanic, because it barely is), but proper success would imply that, since they know each other and work together, of course they have some stuff put together.

Let them talk in a sort of pseudo-flashback about what they had.

Oh great, first people are shitposting Kingdom Hearts yaoi and now we're discussing Ryona? Fuck me.

(Then again, I may run a tongue-in-cheek Ryona game just to fuck with people. Fuck this thread and all who post within it, including myself.)

tl;dr CofD General and everyone who posts in it can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick

This is too funny for some reason

I doubt any of this even happened and you're not just injecting your paranoid fantasies into being shut down for trying to do something stupid. If it did, name names and we'll see if it checks out.

That would be a fun campaign ending.

A whole city gets wiped off the planet because the Consilium tried to take on the G-M.

The survivors witness the terrible infrastructures that hide the event happening, and the G-M putting the city back into place as if it was never nuked, minus all the mages of course.

Retroactively.

This

Unplayable, and I tried real hard.

Is there such a thing as male ryona? I might post some WoD Ryona of Riku getting offed by the Strix and/or a gang of goth and punk SJW's led by Justin Achilli and Martin Ericsson just to piss off Carmilla. To add insult, I will use concepts from CofD 2e to waste his precious KH husbando.

Just forget it, the less we talk about him, the less likely he is to return to the thread.

>I may run a tongue-in-cheek Ryona game just to fuck with people
... what the hell would that even mean?
It's just a good Shadowname for a Whipping Girl (or just an Arrow). Also, you're posting in the CofD General.

That's a thing that repeatedly happens across most moderated chats. Are you seriously doubting "people in MUSHes are cliquish dicks who often end up running the games"?

Gyaku-Ryona. Also, like nothing you said made sense.

Sorry, I have had a lot to drink and these shitposters are pissing me off.

Veeky Forums has made me lose faith in humanity

If it keeps happening to you Aspel, maybe there comes a point where you look around and ask 'Am I the problem?' Because in your case the answer is undoubtedly 'yes'.

You act like it only happens to me...
Have you seriously never played on a MUSH? I've had friends tell me to join MUSHes because cliques are ruining their fun and they want someone to play with that isn't involved in that shit.

Don't become that which you hate.

But seriously, how do I handle a character concept based around such spread out Arcana? Then again, I guess you aren't intended to be part of a Legacy right at character creation.
Also, when do you think Dave will give us more formalized Legacy creation rules?

Really? I mean I've heard that, but what were the problems? I've played it and it worked fine for me.

Did Consilium user ever make that spreadsheet for the characters people were offering?

>Also, when do you think Dave will give us more formalized Legacy creation rules?
Never formalized. He might throw something up on a forum somewhere but there's no reason to take up wordcount in an actual book with something no one wants. They just want their favorite old Legacies updated, not even any new ones.

Are formalized rules even necessary for something like this? Aren't they all made up of the same components?

That seems like the kindest approach.

I'm only going to be a Substitute Storyteller, so I'd a little reluctant to just gung ho massacre the Players' characters.

THICK

VAMPIRE

COCK

Wouldn't vampires have blood ejaculate?

...No thanks.

A lot of gamers feel like something is verboten to try unless the publisher specifically gives them rules to do it by.

You wouldn't be saying that after you'd tasted it. Wasn't there an example in one of the books about a ghoul who got her 'feeding' by blowing her domitor?

I have no response to this.

Welcome to the Chronicles of Darkness!

Not to the blowjobs. That is all well and good. I just can't refute that I wouldn't like vampire blood cum.

By "formalized" I meant a blog post.

I just want a guideline for how to make Attainments that use Reach and all that.

Only in oWoD.

Are you sure you didn't read my ERP logs?

Basically how would I make this in Mage 2e?
>1st Attainment: Pain Is Strength
>Pre-Requisites: Gnosis 3, Life 2 (primary), Mind 1, Brawl 1
>Ecstatic was a proponent of channeling anger, pain and aggression back on opponents, having been on the receiving end of gay-bashing for much of his life. This Attainment allows a mage to take physical punishment and convert it to a quick shot of adrenaline. Whenever the mage takes damage, the player can spend a point of Mana and add a number of dice equal to the points of damage from the attack to the mage's next Physical action. This action can include combat (hand-to-hand or ranged, though Ecstatic prefers close combat), but could also be used to flee from the fight if things aren't going well. It can even be used for spellcasting if the mage is using a rote that relies on a Physical Attribute (such as Self-Healing).
From the way Dave talked about Attainments during our years long spoiler season, he implied that Attainments that use Reach and have limitations or triggers are determined as being different levels of Attainment than just their basic spell.

It was in one of the Daeva sections, I think. I know it was in a VtR book.

I'm sure nWoD was pretty specific about all vampire bodily fluids being replaced with blood.

I'm like 90% sure that was oWoD.

Considering I've never read an oWoD book in my life, I don't see how that could be the case.

You know, Bruce from Finding Nemo could be a very good Ozzie Gangrel with a shark gimmick and Obfuscate. He tries not to snap and drain anyone, but you know how things went in the movie.
>"Ooooooh, that's good."
youtube.com/watch?v=cWRIR39N8WA

Neither have I, but I've been told that several times by different oWoD people. I think it's come up in the thread, even

>Gangrel with a shark gimmick

A sea gangrel you mean? Even though they are more like the creature from the black lagoon.

>A sea gangrel you mean?
Yes.

He uses sharks and shark accessories, namely Protean to give himself bits of shark anatomy, Obfuscate to create a realistic shark illusion in the water around him while he's swimming and Animalism to summon sharks when he's underwater. Also Ghoul Sharks.

Okay so I have 1 mage in my group.
Group is:
1 Beast
2 Forsaken
1 Mage
0 Common Sense

So our mage is trying to be subtle about his spell casting because he doesn't want others to know what he is now. And so far He's managed to paradox a bit, but I couldn't find anything in the book on Abyssal Environmental Tilts so I made one up for the first time it happened and since the Abyss is the no magic here zone I made the inside of the car a big anti-magic zone (-2 dice to casting attempts inside the car)

Second time he did so...Let's just say He done broke the No magic where Muggles can see rule and basically generated a paradox pool of 7...Now it was getting late and I was tired but I'm pretty sure what an exceptional success on the Paradox rule should be some Dark Heresy Perils of the warp level shit happening right?