miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

Other urls found in this thread:

shakeyourbrush.com/tutorials/weathering-a-space-marine/
perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=3148
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What miniature are you the most happy/proud of in terms of the job you did with it?

Death is going to take me soon, i can feel it

Probably this guy. I've since become a better painter and converter (...I hope), but I still love this mini.

My most recent, although the honour guard I've yet to take any pictures of is a close second.

Best paintjob I've done so far, but I also know I can improve on it.

Just finished my GUO. I was really smart and decided I'd use a £115 model for my first attempt at airbrushing, pretty happy with the results and really pleased I didn't screw up my model.

Fucking hell, that looks disgusting and gives me shivers.

Very well done, man.

what's with every model in /WIP/ so far looking amazing? normally it's all shit

been working on a few Nurgle marines, so I'm gonna post what I've done.

second guy. He used to have an Iron Halo, bur it broke off and I couldn't find it again, so, well, he's a slightly taller group commander now.

Great tidy work-space user!

The groups heavy flamer. I tried giving him a sorta burnt face, but it didn't work out too well. still looks alright, but not as I'd imagined.

what the fuck?

and finally, the Contemptor Dread. I just need to base them all, and finish the arms on the other soldiers.

Normal service will resume shortly user.

I really like the skintones you are using. Looks great.

Absolutely amazing paintjob here!
I'd propably go for a black base edge though :^)

I just finished this guy, pic related. Sadly I can only take potato pics at the moment. But wanted to share.

Is he dead or lazy?

.. and a view of the shield.

The smoke skull looks pretty goofy dude, like he's photobombing the contemptor. Add a hand doing bunny ears to the other exhaust pipe to make it look intentional.

Idd. Lot's of actually good stuff in this thread.

solid freehand on the fish

Probably being repackaged.

Resculpts are too much to hope for.

I would have thought they'd have been leaked if it was a resculpt. CSM changes are pretty anticipated.

Cheers mate!
I know user, I know...I tried it with my Tau and it looks so much better, but I'd have to do my whole Fantasy army's bases..maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it.

I agree with that other user, that freehand is great, very crisp.

IIRC he's their paralysed Chapter Master but they still carry him to battles.

You deserve death.

Nice!

The sores are very convincing, I don't know if the yellow is fatty tissue or pus but I like the effect.

The base is a bit meh to be honest, not a big fan of the ubiquitous cork layer. The area where is his left knee touches the ground looks a bit odd too.

Absolutely fab, and photo taken with some lovely terrain to boot.

32mm bases.

Continuing on with my Navigator, made an arco-flagellant as well but the little bastard just would not photograph well. I've just gone through about 50 shots to try and find a decent one and these are the best of a very, very bad bunch.

Still to do; freehand Navis Nobilitae symbol on the parchment, weather the base of his robe and do his rings and bracelets. Gloss varnish the arco-flagellant's drugs and maybe do a bubble effect and maybe add a few more glazes to the skin.

ouch

Two nasty regiments, and the rest?

They're mostly 'armless

>nasty regiments

I thought i painted them pretty good...

Ugh yeah - That sounds like a lot of work.
I'd probably just paint the edge of 2 or 3 miniatures a day/each time I sat down to paint. It will take a while, but get done eventually, and it wont be a horrid painful slog.

Thanks! I love painting heraldry but I still think I need a bit more practice. Just bought a really good brush for it, though, so its quite fun.

Also painted this guy a couple of days ago. A lot more sloppy of a paintjob, though.

How did you paint the skin? I quite like it.

has it right. He's been cursed by a chaos sorcerer with an ever-increasing torpor. Any physical action on his part requires a titanic effort, but he's so beloved by his men that they carry him into battle.
Basically, in the FLGS we have a long-going pseudo-campaign/setting, the Cosire Sector; going for well over 15 years by now, and my force commander got debuffed again and again by a sorcerer to the point of uselessness, to the point where it became something of a meme And in the end I just decided to run with it.
Here's an earlier version of him, where the the curse wasn't as far advanced. He got rekt by a chaos dreadnought he couldn't hurt, so the newer incarnation is carriying a chainfist and thunderhammers.

How long have you been working on that project?
Do you even play them or do you just like to hurt yourself and you do this for pure hobby purposes?

My hopes just went on a rollercoaster.

You got a bone to pick with me?

I'm planning to paint up my Wookiee Warriors for Imperial Assault soon-ish. I plan to paint one group with silvery/steel shoulder armor, and I have a pretty good idea how I'm going to do that. But for the other group, I'd like to do something gold or bronze, and I'm not sure how to do that and make it look good. Any suggestions?

>Do you even play them or do you just like to hurt yourself
Ive played a singular fucking game with them in plastic stage, but since then ive worked every fucking weekend and havent been able to play since. Then AoS tanked, i lost my will, but got it back. I love it as both a hobby and a game, but right now all I can do is the hobby side. Total time in work hours i cant say, but i bought my first skeleton back on Dec of 2014

You rattling at me, bone head?

Multiple layers, wash with purple, highlight with silver.

Alternatively: Basecoat old-gw (or equivalent) Bestial Brown, mix with gold for layer 2, pure gold for layer 3. Highlight with light silver mixed in and wash with watered down Flesh Wash colour (or equivalent. Previous was Gryphone Sepia)

Coins as markers: Make your own with stamps

Probably this little diorama. I learnt so many things with this.

>Flesh Wash colour

For reference, these days that's Reikland Fleshshade, although Seraphim Sepia and Agrax Earthshade can both be used as washes on gold.

What's the scale? Really nice work.

>Multiple layers, wash with purple, highlight with silver.
Is that multiple layers of gold?

Thanks for the feedback, user. Is the odd part of the knee how it's kind of floating? It's cause I was a turkey and didn't sand it down enough so there is some excess resin raising his leg a bit.

I agree with you, my basing could do with some more flare. In my head the environment my guys are in is a flat, semi-barren wasteland, the cork is supposed to be like a rock shelf, I'm not sure what else to add, I'm keen for any suggestions from anyone.

That sounds like a good idea, user. I might just do that, thanks!

Bigger than 28mm that's for sure, but can't remember the scale right now, either 32 or 54.
My fingers for comparison.

>I'm keen for any suggestions from anyone

I think if you left the edges of the base as is, but had filth radiating out from him: Like he's corrupting the ground he stands on.

Start dark in the shadowed areas and diffuse out to the pristine earth at the edge. Some could pour over the edge of your rock shelf.

You could use that look to build some filth up to disguise the gap as well: he's sticking to the ground like an infected wound sticking to a plaster.

That's some grimdark right there.

Terrific

What you could do is to add more basing material to the area under the knee to make it flush to the ground. Also, use some grass tufts and push them in between.

Yeah. It wont cover properly without, and look sorta shitty.

>It wont cover properly without, and look sorta shitty.

Assuming you do pic related (which you should), because doing one thick layer will look bad.

>Multiple layers, wash with purple, highlight with silver.
Purple shadows to golden paint? I would recommend some shade of brown, sepia or similar.

Where can i get Tali?

>You got a bone to pick with me?

Maybe, just maybe ... my boys can stop 'em from gettin' the book... yeah ... and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot!

>£15 for a transfer sheet

Fifteen quid, for a fucking transfer sheet. Is GW having a laugh? What on Earth is wrong with them?

Is there any way to make a texture like armour look scratched and damaged without actually damaging the mini itself? The muds pretty easy but physically changes seem hard like the legs of pic related.

Do a line of metal and then a line of dark brown on one side of the scrape to add false depth to the cut.

What this guy says, but paint a wqhite line at the bottom instead. Works much better.

shakeyourbrush.com/tutorials/weathering-a-space-marine/

nice idea to make seals for letters with candlewax

Bought some masters brush cleaner and restorer at an user's recommendation - it's awesome. Restored some wrecked brushes (encrusted I'm dried paint from production line base coating) to almost like new.

I like it.

What Perry models did you use for those guys again?

I had a quick look at their store a few weeks back, but I don't think I found them

Is that the dead terminator from Space Hulk?

my dick shrunk back into my body just looking at that, great job user!

perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=3148

sup /wip/ whatchu workin' one today

finally got my thunderbolt looking like a plane

Looks like it. Different helmet and a chainfist but yeah.

Been working on stripping Army Painter red primer from a bunch of models so I can re-prime to a different color that won't bleed through the blue.

More progress, need actual critic, don't know what else to add
1/2

I meant critique I don't think there are professional nitpickers here.
2/2

A kind user sent me this and a nice eldar Farseer for the Secret Santa we did last Christmas.
Thanks again user, but if you're around, would you mind telling me where you got all these tiny metal skulls, as I have a project in mind that makes me think I'll need a lot of them. Thanks in advance.

Failing that, if anyone knows where I can get a shitload of metal skulls for cheap, that'd be great.

For me it looks good just as it is, anymore bits and it may end up looking too busy, which can be a bit off-putting.

>I don't think there are professional nitpickers here.

I think I would actually be more surprised if there were no software testers in /wip/

Try googling for "Bag of Skulls" (Or 'o skullz' or whatever). I know I've seen some around.

I just add gretchin when I cant think of shit to put on ork vehicles

I think its time to stop with this model. Its looking good but you're close to it being too busy.

I like Orks and I get the whole ramshackle orky aesthetic but imo too many ork players just slam too much stuff together and say "Its orky its meant to look like shit"

They need to be designed, composed, and printed on special paper.
Make your own. They still won't be as good as those ones, but cheaper.

those are almost always plastic. I'd say metal is a pretty tall order for loose skulls this day and age.

Why do they need to be metal?

get bass guitar strings to make cables for this weapon.

Never worked with resin, a bit wary of it, afraid it'll not catch the paint or melt.
I'm probably paranoid, maybe I'll just end up buying that resin bag o skulls by secret weapon.

Yeah, you are paranoid. Get resin or plastic, prime it, and you will be fine. I don't know what you are expecting to melt it with.

same here I dont work with resin, the amount of poorly produced resin products puts me off.

Make sure you wash the resin in soapy water and use a toothbrush, same thing with pewter models too. The releasing agent is what causes things not to glue or paint properly

Also this. Especially considering I'll have to deal with 3rd parties. Oh well.

Needs more dakka

15 quid.

It's a joke, it's insane.

ouch. For me it was the finecast that put me off, then I checked stuff like Warlord games
>BA tank unboxing video
>resin kit
>turret looks like someone slammed it against a belt sander
>bent barrel
>mfw

Also fuck all that shit regarding scrubbing in soapy water. I wanna get stuck right in when making models. Not wash them with the dishes before even starting them

Make sure you wash the resin in soapy water and use a toothbrush, same thing with pewter models too. The releasing agent is what causes things not to glue or paint properly

I wouldn't add anything else.
A common pitfall of ork stuff is people add too much and it starts looking like a shit show.

A major thing you need to do before going any further. Do a pass over the whole thing to remove those mould lines and sprue clip marks.
Even the best painted model looks like crap when you can see mould lines.

If he lives in Australia the ambient temperature can melt resin.

I got a few droopy swords on my kreig officers and a mate of mine had parts of his eldar titan melt.

They're all based up, finally, for Lorgar brothers

whoops