I've seen a few people saying that college is a bust and that you should go to trade school instead

I've seen a few people saying that college is a bust and that you should go to trade school instead.
If you believe this, which trades are the best to go into?

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/transportation-and-material-moving/heavy-and-tractor-trailer-truck-drivers.htm
nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/debts-after-death-life-insurance/
studentloanhero.com/featured/what-happens-to-student-loans-when-you-die/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the sex trade

L I N K
I
N
K

plumbers make good money

what about in canada?

idk

it's not a meme either OP. for the love of god do it. You will thank me in 2 years when your classmates are jobless or interncucks and you're making 50 bucks an hour with moderately enjoyable work

HVAC, plumbing, or electrical

I would be an electrician user.
I'm in a top tier Science and Technology school. It has felt like a waste of time to me.

But I want to actually understand, not just memorize and spit it out.

I've learned more from the internet than any school has ever taught me. Also notice how they dont teach Money in school. Its to keep you dumb. I'f I wasnt a burger that needs that magical piece of paper saying I spent lots of time and money being bossed around by old farts who get paid too much, i'd just drop out and be an electrician and be smart with my money.

Welding, plumbing, electrician.

Could also do things like X-ray technician or medical coding

You should get fit and become gay4pay

truck driving school is 3 to 4 weeks, make 50k your first year, 6 figures after a few years, or you can become a crane operator with your commercial driver's license.

pardon?

Sure you might have a good living and be financially stable. But did napoleon conquer Europe by going the stable route? Did Julius Caesar become dictator by becoming a middle class plumber? Reach for the stars or else you are a degenerate and dont deserve greatness. Be pathological, anything can be done if you try, but if you reach for mediocrity thats all you will ever be.

The governments of some countries may have organizations that track and monitor job data (such as employment, job openings, median wage, etc) and they might be viewable online.

what are you studying?

You don't need to go to school just buy low sell high or visa versa.

Computer Engineering.
Im about to be a junior. But i'm beginning to regret it. And thats coming from someone who designs circuits and programs as a hobby as well.

School was literally designed during the industrial revolution to churn out workers.
And i think the current school format for burgers will begin to cause a brain drain in america as people realize that taking on college debt to sit down in front of foreigners that you cant even understand half the time is not worth their time or decrease of wealth.

Thank you for the advice.
Can you cite your sources for the 6 figures?

Here's some more info on it.
bls.gov/ooh/transportation-and-material-moving/heavy-and-tractor-trailer-truck-drivers.htm

Napoleon didn't conquer Europe. And Julius Caesar didn't become dictator (or he didn't last very long).

And the reason I feel that this is true is that not just me, but most students I know are just using the internet to teach the content to themselves while the teachers/professors get paid for the work. I truly feel like college debt is the next bubble. Also remmeber that college debt is passed on after death, and accrues interest.

wait.
Doesn't that require a degree in order to get a job in the industry?

I am almost a year into plumbing in canada and i say if you're gonna wagecuck it is not a bad way to go. Pays well, work is rewarding in the sense that you are providing a pretty essential service to the world and there is tons of room to branch out and learn within any trade. Plus you get a variety of working environments and learn to do shit for yourself that could save you intold fortunes in your future. Not for everyone necessarily but I really enjoy it. Give it a try.

Can you cite the "debt is passed on after death" part?
I've heard a couple of crazies talk about this before. I never thought that any legislative body would ever approve of such an idea. It robs individuals of financial freedom just because of what their dumbass family members do.

First result.
nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/debts-after-death-life-insurance/

And the whole "Oh they can just sell your assets to pay it off." meme is retarded.
I'd want to pass those on to my kids, not use it to pay off some debt that society tried to tell me was good to take on to pay some professor thats probably dead by then anyways.

Don't do this. Trucking will be one of the first vehicle-based professions to be automated by automatic cars since it's mostly highway.

Also this.
Educate yourself one money first user.
Go from there.

I used to lookat the bls website its kinda bs. In my first year I'm making 36 cents a mile doing 2600 to 3000 miles a week. It depends how much time you want off. with 2 years experience and a good driving record you will clear 80k a year even with a big company like walmart and weekends off, just talk to the guys who have been doing it for years (small companies are better). check out forums i think one I used to look at was called trucking truth. Once you get started if you can be on time and have a good driving record and are not retarded you are in the top 10% and the jobs that say minimum 1 yr experience will take you with a few months experience.

Trades are such a dumb fucking meme. You will end up marrying a fat hairy woman and hating every day of your life working a job you absolutely despise. Oh what's that? You thought you would be an independent contractor? Or start your own business? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry kid, that market is way too saturated!!!

A lot of dumb kids love to romanticize trades and factory jobs, but you will end up hating yourself for throwing away your life. Once you commit to trades, you throw away your dreams and any chance you ever had of fulfilling them. Seriously. Don't throw your life away and become another drone. That's why normies exist. They'll do those jobs, they're the drones. Try and be successful at something first. If it doesn't work out, try something else. You don't have to be the next generation's boomer.

One of our clients is invested in this they did a study with the brookings institute, it said by 2030 maybe like one tenth of the industry will be automized with a driver to weigh, inspect, fuel, supervise etc. Automization is in its infancy, it will first replace financial advisers and other customer service jobs.

Nice larp.

Tesla literally already has cars that have drove them self across the country on AI. He just released the first ever electric semi. I give it 5 years max that there are a decent amount of automated trucks.

You do both. The college degree is only for getting Janice in HR to look at your resume, but make it something useful to you if were to work in the trade as a contractor/sole proprietor/whatever-er. "Ethnic studies" and "anthropology" don't count.
>what trade do I go into
HVAC and refrigeration is booming right now. There is a deficit of skilled workers in this field and entry level wages are about $20.
Don't know about canada but in the US you need 10 years of experience working as a plumber's apprentice to be a licensed plumber.
Also valid though. I did the trade school meme and eventually went a completely different direction, for a couple reasons:
>I didn't like the trade at all, it just paid well
>shit is difficult
>the business space is extremely competitive

When we talk about most trade businesses we're talking about a localized area. Basically however far you can drive a van to and from by the end of the day. We're also talking about locations in which there are a lot of customers - this means houses, commercial settings, etc.
Everyone bunches up in the same area and has to hash it out. Spoiler alert, the largest business has all the customers and they aren't leaving.
Not to mention the scraps of profit they actually make. Average profit margin in the HVAC industry? Six percent.
Six cents of every dollar the company makes actually makes it to your pocket.

Tradey here, can confirm that you are half right half wrong. Make 130k+ a year, hate the job. have 8/10 asian g/f.

>nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/debts-after-death-life-insurance/

ok it is true, saving your money and paying for college yourself (plus any scholarships that you don't have to pay back) is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS better than getting student loans because they're a scam on young college kids that don't know anything.

I'm just glad to hear that, after your estate runs dry, they can't chase your family down for more money. It's not their fault or decision. (community property laws are the exception).

Technically speaking, debitors are entitled to have their debts paid off, even if that means taking it from your estate. If you want to pass something down to your kids, than make sure you stay out of debt.

Just save as much ad you can, once you hit 1 mil you can live off dividendbucks like me instead of trying to climb the ladder to earning more per year.

electrician + work on project management certs
6 figures by 30, + bonuses if you're working for a private company, depending on how far you lean into construction type jobs you'll be wearing a button up shirt, a pair of jeans and a hardhat 50% of the time; the other half chilling at a computer. its hectic 10% of the time and the other 90% you're just playing phone tag

Post a pic of her

Trades and factory jobs are why normies exist. Let them do it. They’re the NPCs, not you.

Are you a leaf? If so, become a plumber.

you are me but +1
$90k a year auto tech. 7/10 asian g/f.
still not mad desu.

The goal would be going for a moderately priced university locally where you can still work to keep down any debt. A healthy amount of debt doesn't hurt so long as you can get employed where yearly salary is equal or exceeding (Pre-meds are fucked regardless, engineering at least has some hope).

Honestly best way would be to put some years in the military, get a G.I. after doing your years, enjoy veteran benefits that actually are functional, and get some sit down job.

U.S. Federal Student Debt doesn't pass on after death.

studentloanhero.com/featured/what-happens-to-student-loans-when-you-die/

Private loans should be a last resort in the U.S. arena anyways though I'll acknowledge for more longer regimens of education it's hard to avoid, since grants/scholarships/fed loans won't cover everything.

>I give it 5 years max that there are a decent amount of automated trucks.
Wrong. Stop reading the articles on this shit from the same people who say you're gonna upload your mind into a computer before you die. No one is going to ship millions of dollars in cargo across the country in an unmanned vehicle. AutoTrucks might transport goods around campuses and factories, but not over the road.
Furthermore, trucks are a massive capital investment, and even if companies wanted to, replacing the entire fleet would take a very long time. There are still only a small proportion of automatic shift trucks despite them having lower maintenance and accident costs. Companies aren't going to scrap billions of dollars in trucks to replace them with autotrucks to save money on driver costs when drivers add value in the form of security and monitoring to their hauls that autotrucks can't.
People pushing this meme that autotrucks will take over very soon just don't understand the industry.

tesla literally makes truckers tons of money paying a few thousand per car per delivery. But they have exactly 0 trucks in the industry, the industry has tested automated freightliners with the backing of Coors(one of the biggest shippers). Who do you believe? companies that are in the business or Elon Larp?

understand your body will be destroyed

Hi don't mind me I'm just an electrical engineer who focuses my research in the area of robotics and vehicle Dynamics in a very large automotive Company. I implement simultaneous localization and mapping on vehicles and help train deep convolutional neural networks based on an inception model of network topology to do a truck drivers job with great success AMA!

What school do you go to? Cause I feel literally the same way, at Cal poly and we basically learn nothing, in class any kind of skills work to escape wage cucking I do on my own.

Yeah, but not anytime soon. Self-driving cars are one thing. Self-driving semi trucks are completely different. We aren't even close to automated freight rail traffic yet. Semi trucks carrying 80k across the Rockies in the winter, (or rain, night, ice, etc) on their own won't happen in this lifetime.

some trades that I think will always be killing it:
anything diesel engine related.
welding. but not that factory wage cuck shit. gotta do pipefitting.
crane operator.
you gotta pay your dues with pipefitting and crane operation. but after you earn the experience, you're easily making 6 figures a year and on the way to living off the interest. Both are HARD lifestyles too. traveling from job to job for months at a time. living outta hotels or an RV. hard to have a family or even a pet. But you put in 20 years when you're young and don't blow your $2-5,000 paychecks on coke and hookers, you're a millionaire by the time you retire at 38 and have the funds and life experience to do way more than most other 38 yr olds.

Pipe fitting or welding. These are great jobs that can't be currently replaced by robots.