MTG EDH/Commander Thread

Never staying gone edition.

>RESOURCES

mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/who-can-go-bigger/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gateway-to-wizardry/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glissas-robot-rock/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I Shu Yun artifacts?

Eggs

post em boys

EDH noob here, what exactly am I looking at in this pic? Seems like random commanders don't see the connections

each colored box represents a player

In accordance to what? That's very vague.

In accordance to what decks they have. You're not too bright are ya

Within a playgroup. Each colored box represents a player in my playgroup

So I should know just by the commanders what their deck is?

Most generals fit a certain kind of strategy, you usually don't see Mayael in a deck with no creatures

Check OPs post
Goto edhrec.com
Type in a commanders name
It shows you typically whats in the deck

Green still needs a mono-black deck. I still think it should be Ob Nixilis, the Fallen+99Lands.

he needs a mono green deck, sidisi is his mono black

What do you think of alters?

I'm ok with them if they're well done, which this one is not.

Well, I'm retarded. I should probably go to bed.

Fucking clicked the wrong one eve. Should be

Guys, I'm building braids.
Any of you ever built her? How is it to play her? What should I prepare for?

Anyone here run a Kamahl deck? Looks like it would be a cool, simple beatdown deck that shits on wrath effects

Be prepared for someone to drop ula, koz, or blightsteel before you can do anything. Run plenty of "gain control of target creature" cards in there, as well as, of course, huge fatties.

Paradox Haze

>Play with?
>most boring player?
>hate?
Purple is also working on a big black deck, they say it's probably going to be Greel or Toshiro

for meYellow and pink are the most boring players. Yellow whines about decks that interact with him in any way and Pink is just a boring person. He rarely adds to the conversation and just kinda sits there and plays.

Oh yeah, steal spells will be immensely useful thanks.

Was on the list already but thanks

I'll say it again. Virulent Plague.

I don't understand.

Orange is a waifufag, Green is a cool guy, Yellow tries and I hope he's having fun. Light purple is a faggot.
It's pretty straightforward user.

cards like pyrite spellbomb and chromatic star combined with second sunrise

Ok, here is my first attempt of a list.
what do you guys think? what should I cut?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/who-can-go-bigger/

Blue is a fag, Green is a bro that needs a green deck, I'm guessing light purple is a noob and everyone else seems pretty chill.

I'd play with Red, Rhys is most boring and, if I had to pick one, I'd hate out purple. Do you have the Chandra list?

Has anyone ever tried Myriad Landscape in a five color deck? It can grab shocks or duals, but being a colorless tap land is pretty rough.

It's a decent early drop to help nongreen decks with ramp but it's an awful topdeck in the mid-late game. Unless you're running Landfall effects.

But that might just be my playgroup, since not much happens before turn 3 or 4

I just realized it can't grab shocks or duals. Hurrr.

Fine for monodecks, but that's it.,

Honestly it's kind of rough in general, considering it takes 2 mana to use, is a crappy land drop and enters tapped so you can't use it for a turn

New cards for Lyzolda? Anyone running that enchantment with the skull swamp that scries? Obviously the new blood artist is a must.

I built an Izzet combo deck

It's awful and badly needs help

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gateway-to-wizardry/

Its always great to see in omnath of rage landfall tribal. So is terrain generator.

Sisay a best deck.

Anyone out there has built, is building, or knows someone who has built a Glissa, the Traitor deck? Wanted to make a new GB deck after two other guys I know, one whom is in my playgroup, build Meren deck and I didn't want to have the same sort of deck as they did. Didn't want to use Jarad either, cuz I'm tired of the usual graveyard shenanigans and I get all my sac nonsense from Prossh, so Mazirek was right out. So, Glissa. Not sure about my decklist, so please check it out and critique.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glissas-robot-rock/

>doesn't use sleeves
TRIGGERD

>4/95 are pre modern commanders

Fucking children

If I wanted to build a gross UB control deck, who would you recommend as a comander? I was leaning towards tasigur.

I love this meme

Are you looking for pure Dimir? Or UBx? Dralnu might not be bad

Pure UB for the time being. I'm having trouble finding a comander that I actually want to cast. Something that isn't completely blown out of the water by everything else I could be doing main deck.

Dragon lord Silumgar is cool

Lazav is decent

So, I've been working on my first deck that isn't based on a precon. I have ~90% of the planned cards, but I am having a hard time narrowing it down to something cohesive. I'd like it to be more than just a pile of good stuff.

not enough lands.

Fuck me, lazav would be insane if it worked off any graveyard.

I'm blue.

Definitely

He's still pretty crazy though

Green is a tryhard fag. Tell him Veeky Forums said so.

pls assist

Help me too, plz.

Agreed, Greens a bit of a tryhard. Not too bad, he could be saved, depending on how the decks shake out, but in a void, it's kinda tryhardish.

You need at least $500 worth of lands more.
Looks fineish, though consider a bane of progress along with other boardwipes.
Also, why do you have Cabal Coffers? You have 6 swamps and Urbog, chances of you actually getting anything out of CC are slim to none, unless you run a lot more ramp.

>You need at least $500 worth of lands more
Not enough dosh for Volcanic Island

>Not enough dosh for Volcanic Island
Get good scrub.

But anyway, what seems to be the exact issue?
All the deck seems to be doing is repeatedly doubling spells, but none of these spells are going to win you the game.

Ghoulcaller Gisa is cute! CUTE!

>All the deck seems to be doing is repeatedly doubling spells, but none of these spells are going to win you the game.
And that's my problem. I'm not particularly good at building this type of deck, but I figured I was due for something different/my group agreed we should all build something we're not familiar with and I'm struggling with finding a consistent wincon

No one could ever be pleased with your weak and menile mana base you precon casual.

There, happy?

TCGPlayer has unlimited for 300, revised for 200.

I know you're not supposed to stick your dick in crazy, but I'd make an exception for her.

>settling for anything less than original prints

Wew lad

white bordered

>playable
>self respect

Choose one.

Don't let her brother find out

So I'm guessing neither of you fags will have any issue posting your alpha duals with timestamps, then?

Well, obviously. That's a hit it, then run away to another plane of existence.

So, how willing are you to change the focus of the deck?
Because prowess burn is good.
Other than that, I would start by trimming the fat, taking out cards that don't do anything with your general (like Tezzeret's Gambit and Opt), possibly putting in a few madness cards, since you seem to have a bit of a draw/discard thing going.

I totally wouldn't mind, their even signed by the artists, each card! But I can't due to all the secret tech that's used in them. That and I'd have to take my deck out of its controlled atmosphere just to take pictures.

It's not going to happen, sorry. But I'd love too!

I never said I had them, or really self respect. I do have some relatively high value you lands. If you want I could provide you a time stamp with them. but I own no classic duals.
I don't think I've spent more than 130 on a single magic card.

I love white bordered cards in general, any kind

Can't imagine spending all that money on duals and not getting the borders I like

Dayum I try not to spend more than 30 at a time.

I'm very willing. I like the idea of UR spellslinging and copying, but I'm not great at building it

Also Opt is there for topdeck manipulation, Tezz's Gambit can go

Riiiight.
Fair enough. At least you admit it.

This card is boss for table politics in Gahiji

My group loves free beaters

Run it with primal vigor

Oh fugg that's pretty spicy

Goes well with Ogre Battledriver on your turn too

In which case I would take out about a third of the spell doublers, since you aren't really doing anything with them anyway, and put in stuff like Abbot of Keral Keep, Jeskai Elder, Monastery Swiftspear (this one can wait until it goes down in price), Stormchaser Mage, and a few Prowess like cards, such as Elusive Spellfist and Wee Dragonauts.

I would also put in some actual red burn, like Lightning Bolt, Shock, etc.
That way you can deal with your opponents threats, and with enough doublers, possibly wipe the board.
Speaking of, throw in a Pyroclasm, Sudden Demise, Tremor (because you can double it, and it won't effect most of your stuff because they'll have flying), and other stuff that can be used to both power up your guys and soften up your opponents.

Wrexial, obviously

Monastery Swiftspear is like 1.50. She's only pricy if you want a foil. Also, since she rotated already, I'm guessing the price isn't going down anytime soon.

If you can get her for less than $2, good for you.

Okay, so she went up a few cents. Still not that expensive. I spend more than that on an energy drink.

I don't know if I'd call this cute. Awesome, sure. Scary, definitely. But not cute.

It's just the angle, she actually has a very pretty face.

Scrying me an example user.

I'm not one to spend more than a dollar or so on cards that aren't really that important to the deck, but if you want to, I'm not going to twist your arm.

She's only pictured on like two cards, and the other isn't a very clear picture.

Here is some of my mana, its all I could be bothered with digging out.

What would you take out for Bane? Also, was thinking of putting in a All is Dust, what can be replaced for that?

I'd consider Merciless Executioner and Fleshbag Marauder, since they are not artifacts, so you can't really recur them with Glissa, and beyond Mazirek and Dictate you get no benefit from sacing your own creatures.
Other choices include Unstable Obelisk, because it's to expensive for anything, Jester's Cap, because it's kinda useless, and Keyrune, because there are better mana rocks.

Oooh. Port, City of Traitors, nice Expeditions. Is that a foil Academy Ruins in the corner?

>mfw Stifling her return trigger

nah, I think its just reflecting the light oddly.

nofun.jpg

Blue shitting the bed again