Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/j5RAK09E

Repackaged ghouls edition

Anyone else hyped for more Tzangors?

How will Kroak protect us from the birds?

Can't build a wall as they will fly over it... :(

THEN WE'LL JUST BUILD IT HIGHER

Make Azyrheim great again.

He'll open up the magic spaceship so we can live there.

user, be aware that the Azyros' 'teleport homer' does not work for the Celestant-Prime; it only kicks in with the specific Lightning Strike deep strike used by a few formations.
Really, the Azyros is overall very crappy, which is a shame for such a pretty mini, but you'd be better off with the Knight-Venator. I've tried a number of times to use the guy, but he's just so unwieldy. By the time he starts buffing shooting a Knight-Venator would have blasted an entire unit off the board

how viable is a full mecha list in AoS?
2 tanks
2 Rocket launcehr
2 gyrocopters
2 cannons

Seems pretty easy to counter

Some fast cavalry, flyers, or deep strike would wipe out your vulnerable artillery pieces and then you're just left with 2 tanks and 2 copters

you can field it but it wont be easy... even vs all comers list.
As long as you don't face a horde or as long as you really know what you do it should be viable.

make it
>4 cannons
>2 rockets
>2 organs
and we talk

Is it too early to scanbeg for the Crypt Ghoul book?

>*Tunnels in behind you*
>*Unsheathes Ratling guns*

Nothing personnel...man-thing..

Why removing Gyrocopters ? that was literally what carried the list.
The perfect anti horde. Steamgun while in melee is better than any warmachine.

Tzeentch turns them to birds.

Slaanesh turns his beastmen into beastgirls?

Please make it so.

Knight-Questor, average hero for stormcast, not great nor bad.

He is Champion of Chaos! Rule wise, he is anti-horde blender, but 5+ save just not good enough.

That's probably going to be a good budget hero once the point system comes out

The model isn't bad

STORMCAST WARMACHINES WHEN

Quite a supporting hero, jack of all trades. Howevee, he still good enough to replace Lord-Relictor of the starter boxset.

Average stunties, nothing special but adding variety to fyreslayers lodge, Grimwrath Berzekers just too good.

remove sigmarines

Shadow Step assassin! Teleport to the backline unit, his damage is good enough too wipe any warmachine crews, and he can retreat instantly! WOW!

sweet an assassin spec to gank their junglers

A spell that have a low chance to deal d6 mortal wound, and have a chance to deal no damge at all? I pick arcane bolt instead.

BTW, the gryph hound is same as stormcast one.

Tzeentch rule in next week, much like DW:OK.

Considering it isn't even out yet, yes it is to fucking early.

A 2 dice 6+ spell, giving a 3D6 is low chance ? You dense neckbeard. Average on 2d6 is 7 meaning with 3d6, you'll, more than 80% of the time, inflict D6 mortal wounds.

Most armies have 7 or lower bravery, and even then having 10 out of 18 possible isn't that hard. just above average in fact.

If you think this is useless, then the gaunt summoners fractal is pure shit i guess ?

U wot ? spell is op man.

>Getting 10 or less on 3d6
>hard

are you serious ?

>more than 80% of the time, inflict D6 mortal wounds

Take it ez, friends. You only inflict d6 mortal wound if you double target's bravery, otherwise just d3.

>>Getting 10 or less on 3d6
>>hard

Consider the chance of failing? Like 10/36, I would say arcane bolt is better, at least, more stable.

also. 24 inch range is huge.

Rolled 3, 1, 6 = 10 (3d6)

Fuck it, let's try and hit some Plague Monks who have a bravery of 5

Rolled 4, 4, 2 = 10 (3d6)

>24 inch
Ya, I didn't consider the extra range.

>try and hit some Plague Monks

Assembling liberators, paired weapons or shields?

I like the idea of paired hammers but I don't want to regret a subpar option.

I don't think there is one in that case. Your trading one good ability for another.

If you pair hammers you get 4+/3+ with a reroll to hit, better than 3+/4+ with reroll.
If you want better saves, go shields.

Never fucking ever use dual weapons on liberators. We have way better guys for dealing damage, liberators are there to absorb charges, screen valuable stuff and hold enemy units in place until you can wheel something around to obliterate that foe.
Liberators are just too pillowfisted to do anything worthwhile in a offensive role. That said, a grand weapon on the prime is always great to have. He'll account for a significant chunk if damage by himself.

Huh I figured your Liberators were like my Chaos Warriors. And chaos warriors are good with 2 weapons or shields depending on what you want for them.

If I have to choose between one or the other, do I choose the lord relictor or lord castellant?

Not too shabby, actually. He's fairly durable with a 3+ rerollable, and a 6" pile-in with rerolls to hit isn't too horrible, either. He'd make a very solid assassin against frontline support heroes.
Well, forget what I said above. Holy hell, that is a fucking assassin. This guy will 'nothing personel, kid' entire warmachine crews or wizards in the blink of an eye. I am astounded. He's way, *way* better than everybody else in the set, to the point of being slightly absurd.

kek

No Liberators are your tar pit, Paladins are your heavy hitters

Depends on the rest of your force

If it's for your general, Celestine. For a support hero Relector. That command ability is really good don't want to pass it up.

Lord-Castellant, no doubt. His buff isn't just more potent in general play, it also just works without any need to roll for it. Even if he just buffed the save he'd still be way better.
The fact that he swings a better weapon, has an additional wound and can buff Gryph-hounds is just gravy.
Really, the Lord-Relictor is pretty poor overall. It certainly is in competition with the Knight-Azyros for the position of worst stormcast hero.
Having said that, in the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts he suddenly becomes amazing.

He's talking about the two support buffers, the Lord-Relictor and the Lord-Castellant, not the Lord-Celestant (it's an easy mistake to make). The Lord-Relictor isn't even that good of a supporter. If he could unbind I'd consider him, but he's very mediocre as is.

Oops, but wait the Relictor lightning is an Arcane bolt that isn't subject to unbinding, and he has a healing spell also not subject to unbinding.

Lantern guy'said holy light only hurts chaos (more the demons), or gives a magic shield that on a 7+ heals a unit.
Maybe it's because I'm chaos but relictor seems the more valuable in the long run.

*shudders* Please don't

Liberators are our line troopers. They are okay, but nothing beyond that. Dual weapons would totally be viable if we didn't have judicators, prosecutors, paladins or drakothian guards. Especially paladins and drakothian guards. Still, even our shitty, pillowfisted warmachine hunters hit harder than Liberators.
I use 'em to eat an enemy assault and have the Protectors and Judicators behind them tear the engaged enemies apart. They're good in that role, provided you have a castellant and/or terrain handy, but
Honestly, I like that they sit in a sort of damage twilight zone. They can punch fairly okay if the Prime is rocking a Grandweapon, but not to the point of actually being threatening, so most of the time the enemy will happily engage them, confident in the knowledge that they can't put out much hurt. And then it takes forever to kill them while some teleported paladins/drakothian guards have just pounded his general into paste and are now looking for a new target.

Going to have to remember that.

That +1 to armor is *huge*. I really cannot overstate how much bullshit a autocast, non-unbindable mystic shield can cause, especially in a faction that has 'reroll 1s to save' shields coming out of every orifice. Nevermind that the heal is actually fairly substantial, too.
The damage effect on the lantern is crap and should only be used if you can guarantee a victory with it, i.e. never.
Meanwhile, the decidedly unreliable healing prayer is wasted on our two-wound guys and at best situational on paladins and the like. Healing a hero is an okay use, but most of our buff heroes shouldn't get hurt anyway. The relictor cannot keep pace with the mounted stuff, so he's only situational here, too.
And the damage prayer is also unreliable and similar damage can be provided in a better manner by a number of other heroes.

>Warhammer Quest stormcast
>Knight Questor
They have reached a new low in names I see

I'm just starting to get into AoS with Khorne bloodbound. Bought some dudes models off eBay so I have the chaos half of the starter plus 5 skullreapers and a few heroes. What do gents recommend for the next purchase to fill out my army? More reavers?

WE

wich heroes? I personally love the slaughterpriest, his 2nd prayer is awesome, you can force enemies out of cover, out of objectives or simply you can make them run into your guys or out of a combat. Simply amazing.
As units, i personally LOVE the wrathmongers. they counter big kits pretty good, since no archaon or nagash wants to kill himself.

More Reavers are a solid idea, yeah. You'll want two or three fairly big units, fifteen to twenty guys each is pretty reasonable.
What other heroes do you have besides the ones from the starter? The Aspiring Deathbringer is something of a staple, since he's rocking a excellent command ability.
Other than that, the sky's the limit. You've got a ton of Khorne synergy effects over multiple books, so there's a huge number of cool stuff to choose from.

It's pretty much in line with all the other knight names.

Vexillology, the study of flags.

What do we call the guy with the flag?

Knight-vexilor!

What about this:
2 tanks
2 gyrocopters
3 cannons
2 triple cannons of doom
2 firerockets
2 organ gun

Had to look up their convoluted-ass names. I have both slaughterpriests, the skull grinder, exalted deathbringer (axe not spear) and aspiring deathbringer. So I'm probably set on heroes for now.

samefag here
Thoughts on changin cannons for mortars

Yeah, looks like you're well off hero-wise.
With skullreapers and the the stuff from the boy you're also rocking a very powerful infantry force. Skullreapers love the Bloodstoker, Reavers the Bloodsecrator. Aspiring Deathbringer and Skullgrinder support everybody pretty well. Slaughterpriests are sort of situational, but can turn a gam around in a pinch. Blood Warriors and Exalted Deathbringer are perfectly viable unsupported.
The Khorgorath is kinda shit on it's own, but can be taken in units, so we're all waiting for the Khorgorath kit.

Overall I'd recommend getting one or two boxes of Blood Reavers. Also, if you can manage it, try to convert the Blood Warriors from the starter to wield two axes. The gorefist is utter shit.

I understand the use of the artillery and such but I still see that even with all that, unless you roll like a god, you wouldn't be able to take out fast movers in another army without them getting to some of your shit, tying it up and rendering it useless.

Take my Death army for instance, I would throw skellies upon skellies on you and perhaps you'd kill a good lot of them but I'd also summon Black Knights behind you, or skellies near you,and the more you kill the more I can eventually summon back.

Okay, another thread, another attempt at this warscroll. Don't worry, I won't bother you guys after this, I hope.
Toned the Command Ability down significantly (maybe too much?), but retained the effect of tying it to the javelins.
Also changed the Stormflight Javelin from 2 Attacks at d3 Damage each to 1 Attack at d6 Damage. This effectifly keeps the maximum damage the same, but reduces the average damage and makes the effect and damage less predictable.
Opinions, recommendations, anything?

>Also changed the Stormflight Javelin from 2 Attacks at d3 Damage each to 1 Attack at d6 Damage. This effectifly keeps the maximum damage the same, but reduces the average damage and makes the effect and damage less predictable.
>Opinions, recommendations, anything?

1) Don't worry about bothering us, it's nice to have constructive discussion.
2) That looks really good, I like the command ability.

Stormblast Impact has a typo, should be start of battle shock, not end start.

The only thing is that is a bit weird is the ordering of the Command ability. If I shoot someone with it, the Stormblast impact takes place until my next hero phase. That means that the units affected by Stormblast Impact get a bonus to charge someone who after the Hero phase isn't affected by it any more, which might cause arguments.

IE. Shoot > Impact > Hero Phase > Impact Wears off > Charge

Thanks for the advice

>it is a guy

How? This is literally a witchelf design and they put a guy in it. God damn GW is it THAT hard to make decent looking female characters?

>Stormblast Impact has a typo, should be start of battle shock, not end start.
Nice catch. Correcting it.
As for the order of stuff: Totally right, I completely overlooked how Stormblast Impact only really procs near the end of the turn, way after the charge phase.
Any idea how to fix that? Just tying Bringing the Thunder to having taken by the Stormflight Javelins? Or maybe rewording Stormblast impact to proc at the end of each phase, with an added elaboration that a unit can only be affected by Stormblast Impact once per turn?

>implying Plague Monks are not flanked by Furnaces, boosting their bravery to 7

I know you're trying to be fair but an 18 inch D6 damage weapon is nuts, even more so with that D3 bravery and movement reduction.

Wouldn't allow it in a game.

>>Stormblast Impact has a typo, should be start of battle shock, not end start.
>Nice catch. Correcting it.
>As for the order of stuff: Totally right, I completely overlooked how Stormblast Impact only really procs near the end of the turn, way after the charge phase.
Maybe just word it as any unit that was attacked by the Celestant in the last turn.

Maybe I should just toss the Bravery debuff. I like it from a fluff perspective, but it is pretty substantial.
As for the damage, allow me to explain myself. I was mostly attempting to get Stormcast another Warmachine-type hero. The Knight-Venator basically spams decent shots at ridiculous range, the Celestant-Prime blasts huge areas with mortal wounds and this guy was sorta meant as the cannon equivalent. One shot, powerful but all-or-nothing: Either it hits and deals a powerful blow, or it misses entirely (except cannons have two shots and get rerolls, but that's beside the point).
But, again, I am really thankful for any suggestion to improve the warscroll. I wouldn't want it to be broken or anything.

I got my black Knights today, along with my skeletons! The question is, what do I build them as? Spears or swords? Hex Wraiths or Black Knights? Which do you think is better for a calvary based Undead list?

Am I the only one who doesn't like warscrolls in the battletomes?
They suck up a LOT of space, and anyway printing your own from the site its a lot more pratical because you only have the ones you are bringing into nyour game.
Also, they get updated pretty frequently and so they become useless pretty fast(just look at GD order with new ghoul release).
id die for more fluff or maybe some bat rep and strategy tutorials(even if you don'0t use them or they are stupid its always funny to see them, I miss old WD with all this kind of content).

You need some kind of meat shield to give you enough turns to blow the enemy apart; everything you have is just too exposed

I'm not the original OP, there just wasn't a thread. So dunno.

I agree with that. They are really good value but I would like some more actual content. Painting guides, batreps and fluff.

also, I HATE their colour guidlines. they are made with fucking paint, take a lot of pages and looks just plain bad. I would prefer they did those nwith some actual models instead of simply slapping badly drawn templates.
I miss WD batreps too, along with DIY tutorials. it helped people crafting their own stuff/convertion and who wanted to buy official models STILL bought them. they need to understand thatwhoever is going their 300+dollaroos game tables is still going to buy them even if they are posting "how to make a table with flock and plywood"

Well do you want to live a skelly oriented life or do you want spooks and ghosts? As for the spears or sword if you decide to get more skeleton warriors the. Make them 50/50, as I learned that having the spears is good for that attack range so when you pile in your boys the back rank can attack.

Start out with spears. There's always room for skellies rocking spears.
The Black Knights are all about attrition, curiously enough. Their damage is mediocre, but with two wounds and regrowing some dudes each turn they'll last a long time and will either stall their target to the point of uselessness, or eventually grind it down. Hexwraiths on the other hand are solid across the board. Not as durable as Black Knights, but pretty punchy and still able to shrug some damage. They're best suited harassing elite units.

Well, I already have 20 skeletons, decked out in Spears, so I suppose that the swords may work better.

Well, currently I have 10 Black Knights, 20 spear skeletons, 1 Necromancer and 1 vampire. With these kits, Ill have up to 30 skeles and possibly 15 Black knights. I like the idea of using the skeletons as a screen, so that my Vampire and Knights can come in and do some damage, so it might be a better idea to couple my Vampire with Hex Wraiths?

Well, 10 Black Knights is plenty, yeah. Going for the Hexwraiths might be a solid decision. Do keep in mind that they lack the Skeleton and Deathrattle keywords, despite looking the part.

While I only have 5 black Knights, my list is slightly comparable. I got 40 skeletons half and half, 20 grave guard, count mannfred vampire lord, Arkhan, and a negromancer, and That young Krell running as his legacy scroll instead of the wight King

>generic hero
>huge movement on top of a teleport
>powerful melee
>easily kitbashed in multiples with the witch-elf/sisters of slaughter kit
Welcome to the age of warmachines spontaneously ceasing to exist.

Aos encouraged melee anyway, all new shooting attacks are short range anyway.
Big shooting units(like the fucking aelves bolt trhowers)are either last chanc'ed or, with a lot of units capable of deep striking(=stormcasts)simply not as effective as people claims on /tg.
the only shooting unit i possess is a plagueclaw because I liked the idea of throwing shit on my opponents, and i never play it because its boring as hell.

This is interesting to read as I always figured warmachines= fast wins and dank memes

Warmachines are great for doing a bit of damage, but not so great for most objectives, especially if you are on offence.

warmachines are strong-but fragile and when charged by anything they crumble in a heartbeat. Most warmachines have 1-2 attacks only-aka there's a high chance they are not hitting anything.
A lot of new units also can teleport or move really fast, and that can literally destroy your warmachines in one or two turns easy. Every time I played warmachines It either did nothing or engaged in a boring duel with my opponent's warmachines/ranged units. I rather bring some cavalry to woop his rangeds units ass fast and then move to reinforce my front line.

Damn well that is a shame. Twas considering finding in the depths of the internet someone selling a Screaming Skull Catapult for my Skele-bros army but I'll take your word for it.

Its already a mostly melee army anyways so I probably shouldn't bother.

It is ok to have one or two, but you can't expect them to carry games single handedly, especially if the objective involved holding ground.

You need to remember, AoS is built around a different order of organisation when it comes to your games:
You turn up with models
You pick your objective
You pick your models to fit that objective

If you know you will only have to defend one area, or that what you have to defend will have plenty of cover (for example, the scenario which involves one side capturing a castle from the other), then you can probably safely use more Warmachines than usual.

wait there-its not BAD, most lists bring one or two. Its just that spamming them like shitposters on /tg suggested yelling MUH BALANCE is not a good tactic anymore. it always depends on who are you facing anyway, and they are GREAT for sniping mages and pesky heroes with buff abilities.
A lot of warmachines also are good at decimating mass infantry.
Just remember: you won't hold objectives with warmachines
you wont stop other units from fighting by engaging them
you will just deal some damage. So they are still a great addition but definetely not a good "core"unit for an army.

He looks a lot better than the usual sigmarines for some reason.

Question: How much synergy is there in a Vampire counts army? Because it seems to me, there's no huge amount, and we mostly focus on huge swarms/summoning new minions

Right I know I'm going to get banned for having the temerity to ask this but what in God's name is up with the prices for these models? I only just checked it out and things that were already expensive have literally doubled in price, are people actually paying £20 for a mono-pose plastic character? Or £6 for a single orc from a unit? Is there some gimmick I'm missing here?

Well now the Flesh Eater Courts seem to have way more synergy now with their shit unlike the other death units.

Having Nigga Krell near by the skeles automatically give the warriors 1 to their hitrolls and if he's the general then any skele unit can be chosen once a turn to make extra attacks per model. the negromancer can give Vanhel's DAnse Macabre to pile in twice for two combat phases. Count Mannfred is just another hero that can give the skeles a plus 1 to hit rolls but if he's the general then i can give a unit rerolls of hits and 1s on wounds until the next hero phase. but Ultimately having Arkhan will allow him to know all the spells of Mannfreddo and the Negromancer ontop of his curse of years and the mys shield and arcane bolt.

on top of that I can run a battalion that comes with Arkhans box which allows for movement up to 4 inches in hero phase without being able to run or charge in the movement phase for having a unit of Black Knights and Skelewarriors around Arkhan.

that is just off the top of my head

I have just read this in one fb group. looks pretty sinergic to me.

I remember when models cost was 1/2 compared to their prices now.
But then i remember EVERYTHING costed like 1/3 just 10-15 years ago. GW prices have always been high but you are paying for top notch quality(well, if we forget about fyreslayers infantry...). You also need a LOT less to play a game now. Heroes and elite units cost a lot, but old base infantry cost shit(still 25 bucks for 10 models)and now you need 1/5 of them or less to play.

Oh, and other games cost a LOT too.
Look at infinity: models are smaller and cost a lot too. the only company i saw so far giving competitive prices is Mantic, and their models are actually getting better8still, 8/10 of their range is utter garbage i won't touch from a mile)