Full Frontal Fluff Edition

Full Frontal Fluff Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YQpLNCRIxWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Orks
>bs 2
>s 3
>I 2
>ld 7
> 6+ save

Should the backbone of a CSM army be Plague marines, unmarked marines, cultists or zombies?

Or, just the bare minimum then take better units?

>tfw you're playing against grey knights and both of your primaris psykers manage to roll the misfortune power

You can take lots of cheap CSM if you're unsure what you need on the field. Adding melta guns helps.
Culitsts are good for holding objectives, that's about it. With autoguns, they provide decent support fire for the cost. If you have access to zombies and want objective guys, they work better.
Any cult marine at all is tricky and tend not to be worth it, save gun equipped noise marines. Everything else has a rough time. Choose the right unit for the job at least, you'll be ok.

>taking Plague Marines over Noise Marines

That's fine, if you want a unit that just sits there and doesn't really do a whole lot.

Who is the most versatile army?

Sisters of Battle

Eldar

Okay so will someone finally explain the fucking chicken?

what chicken?

A pseudo tripfag here hates it, he's the one who posts ''remove chicken'' every now and then.

The meme itself is from /pol/; apparently calling someone a chicken is a serious insult in russia, it's from some thread where people were badmouthing vladmir putin and ruskies demanded proof of their claims while posting images of chickens, hence proof chicken - 'no proof!' 'where is the proof?'

Yeah where is the proof of this chicken?

Surprised you'd get them off.
Most GK lists bring Librarians, maybe with a staff. Giving the GK player a 3+ DtW rerolling 1's within 12" of the Librarian.

#
>Eldar even do the "our souls belong to an evil deity" thing before Necrons did it.
Necros did biotransference first. Eldar did the birth of Slaanesh around the start of the Great Crusade. That's what formed the Eye of Terror and cleared up the warp storms to allow humanity to reunite.

And what does it have to do with 40K?

Sounds more like Renegade Infantry stats save you need random LD instead.

Let's just say I was rolling exceptionally well that night. Also if you manage to get rid of the librarians early on, it's much easier to use your own psychic phase

>he's the one who posts ''remove chicken'' every now and then.

Implying, dude.

I have seen people make FOUR 40K threads at the same time over disagreements about that damn chicken. Don't make it all about one guy.

Really, I remember reading on 1d4chan that plagues will outperform vanilla csm because they're tough, though I can't find that on the tactics page now so it might never have been true.

I've read noise marines don't know what to do with themselves if you give them every weapon type, what would a decent loadout be, blastmasters and a rhino maybe?

Absolutely fucking nothing.
Can we move on now?

Also the necrons fixed their evil thirsting gods problem. They have no gods that haunt their steps.

Then why is it on the OP image?

Plagues used to outperform vanilla CSM, not anymore. Too much high STR AP 2-3 shooting, so the FNP and 5T adds to absolutely fucking nothing.

Better to just take more cheap wounds.

Only if you provide proof

Or remove chicken, though I'm happy enough the tau face is fixed

youtube.com/watch?v=YQpLNCRIxWA

So what is the biggest faction guilty of "why dont they just do [thing] to win every time"?

Hobbits

Remove chickin

What is the easiest race to pick up

Who's worse Carnac or the dozens of shitposters that jump at his shadow like autistic children?

Tau or muhreens

Orks

Necrons

Marines

No idea why you are asking me that.
I have no answer for that.

so you're agreeing that the Necron and Eldar are different.

Doesn't matter, they're both a blight on the community.

I am not the guy disagreeing with you. I am just a random user adding to your post

It does matter to me.

Fishing for feedback.

Custom disciplines for Tzeentch Daemonkin fandex. Same "half of mastery levels on a single table" restriction as CSM. Psykers will get to choose any one Primaris power for their Chaos Focus.

A bigger blight than WAAC house rule toting min maxing tourney fags?

ah okay. Because 'necron have the exact same lore as Eldar' is about the dumbest complaint about the necron lore I've heard.

If Carnac and the chief anti-Carnac would both throw on trips the quality of these threads wouldn't be in the gutter. It mostly seems like the kid who always starts new generals by linking the thread and writing new thread in caps three times

Does. Not. Matter. Unless one of you is a wizard capable of fixing the issue, arguing about which is worse is irrelevant. Shit, at least Carnac is usually posting about 40k. This is just meta shitposting.

Apathy solves nothing.

Renegade infantry is BS3 I3 and random ld is a good thing if you have command squads

But being able to filter them would

Neither does pissing yourself uselessly.

Finally beat my necron opponent with my tyranids list.

We had just gotten a bunch of new units and ran a quick game to try them out. 1000 pts each.

He had:
1 Nightbringer
1 Obelisk
1 Destroyer Lord
1 Tesseract Ark

I had:
1 Swarmlord
3 Tyrant Guard
3 Carnifex
3 Zoanthrope

Using cover, I was able to get my carnifexes within charge range before his Tesseract Ark splattered one in one shot. The other two got into melee and opened it up like a tin-can. The destroyer lord counter-charged, but got plastered for his efforts without doing anything. Nightbringer killed all 3 tyrant guard and one Carnifex before the Swarmlord got in there and blenderized it; the post-death explosion did nothing. I got my zoanthropes into a firing line and charged for his obelisk, which killed the last carnifex in one firing round and brought the Swarmlord down to 1 wound in the next. Zoanthropes brought it to one wound, and the Swarmlord made his charge, killing it with a smash attack. The catastrophic explosion took him out with it, though.

Was so hyped to finally win a game after a 4-game lose streak.

Are marines overplayed though?

Yeah quite a bit

chaos

>it's lets talk about carnac episode thread

Fucks sake guys why?

That's not a bad thing.

>ITT we summon carnac

Because you decided to pick at it, now its your fault when it get inflamed.

Renegade infantry is BS2. You can upgrade most of the infantry units to BS3 though. There may be a couple BS 3 veteran type units, but Im too lazy to go get the book to see.

veterans are bs 4

Pointless whining and arguing solves nothing. Even if we unanimously agreed that X was the worst thing in the general, nothing would happen. It would do nothing, it would mean nothing, nothing would change. So, instead of this useless metaposting, why don't you post something 40k related? Like feedback on my disciplines.

hey, so I'm the guy who gave some recommendations about formations and such from last time so I figured I'd add a few bits I'd thought of.

Have one of the new perils of the warp result in psyker or a nearby non-daemon unit with the mark of tzeetch into a spawn. Another triggers a nova, or at least blasst, of tzeetch fire that can hit friendly units.

Still think you should have obliterators. Have them able to take 2 flamer of tzeetch weapons, or an exactled flamer weapon if they spend a warp charge.

Formation of flamers and oblits: if the flamers hit first the oblits gain twin linked against that unit, if the oblits hit first the flamers gain soulblaze against that unit.

Formation of Thousand Sons and Cultists. As long as the aspiring sorcerer is alive and near cultists they can sac cultists to rebind the rubric marines. 1d3 rubric marines come back, kill 2d6 cultists.

Warptalons and screamers:
Perplexing mirage: When the warp talons arrive by deepstrike they can only be snap shot.
Screamers gain shrouded when they turboboost.
Or maybe something a little weaker but make them harder to hit.

Terra Burns.

How numerous is the Ethereal Caste? How long is their lifespan compared to the rest of the Cates?

Yes but why would you ever not upgrade them? Zombies are better for just meatshields, it also gives +1 WS if you kit them for melee and even with endless horde, higher bs across the board pays more.

Veterans are WS4 BS3 but you can boost them with bloody handed reaver. Diciples are BS4

>Same "half of mastery levels on a single table" restriction as CSM

automatically ignored. why must chaos have restrictions?

Inquisition. Literally don't care about your "choices", even in a standard CAD.

They are the smallest caste, less than a percent of the others.

There are no records of one dying of old age, whether they are immortal or just go away when their time is near to maintain the appearance of it.

>How numerous is the Ethereal Caste?

Less so than the rest of the castes.

>How long is their lifespan compared to the rest of the Cates?

They live up to hundreds of years. However, no one sees them die natural deaths. When they reach extreme old age, they walk into ethereal temples and are never seen again.

Probably a couple thousand of them, and I think they live slightly longer than the average Tau.

Are young Ethereals meant to go to the frontlines to inspire the troops?

Restrictions on a devotion basis is fine as long as the powers/benefits are actually good.

>and I think they live slightly longer than the average Tau.

The average Tau lifespan is 40.

Aun'va is confirmed to be 250+ years old.

>40
Is this the natural lifespan or because it's 40k

It's fire caste that only live to 40, the lifespans of the other caste are unstated I believe, but the earth caste who designed riptides and some other suits is over 200.

Potential Spawndom is result 2 on the Perils table. 3-4 have a chance of doing damage to the Psyker's unit.

Currently there's a formation where Flamers act as spotters for Havocs.

I'm not keen on the idea of Rubric's being rebuilt mid-combat; never have been. I've already got Cultists being sacced for power.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Warp Talons. They're either getting conditional assault from deep strike, a durability upgrade when they arrive from deep strike, or some sort of Phasing type ability.

Natural

Slightly longer than the average Tau because the average Tau's going to die from angry Imperials/aliens or factory accident. There I covered the other castes.

By who? The Tau? Himself? It's not like the Ethereals bullshit their people about nearly everything involving the Ethereal caste, an assassin totally didn't kill our space pope, that's just imperial propaganda.

* was

Because the tables are only D3 tables, and I don't want people to be able to guarantee any particular power.

Yes.

Aun'Va during the beginning of the TSE, went to the frontlines to inspire the troops. He encourage his fellow ethereals to do the same. In the Damocles anthology he has kinda of a badass moment hovering in the middle of a breached hive city wall facing Imperial knights . Of course, he had plenty of Riptides to defend him, though.

Aun'shi is also an ethereal who goes to the frontlines but he actually fights alongside the fire caste.

Sweet Jesus those fingers.

I don't think there's BS here, mostly because it is clear that the Ethereals are an artificially created Caste made by some alien hand (Likely Eldar).

Good for you m8.

>Of course, he had plenty of Riptides to defend him, though
No wonder they're so big on these zog off suits. They're going to add more to honor him now.

It's mentioned in the 5th ED main rulebook. It makes no distraction between the castes.

You are paranoid.

Aun'va was there when Shadowsun was frozen after the Damocles Crusade. He ruled the Tau empire for 200 years while she was cryo-frozen.
Actually, most Tau live peacefully. Water and earth caste unless they are colonists, rarely see war.

Fire warriors tend to die young and are expected to "honourably retire" when they become unable to preform their duties.

Air caste are the frailest of them, they live quite long in space, but planetside their frail physiques mean they age and die fairly fast.

Water caste live the longest of the four lesser castes, partially due to access to various rejuvenates both domestic and alien in origin, a contraband overlooked by Etherals unwilling to see skilled diplomats expire.

Earth caste varies by calling, scientists and doctors live longer than labourers with engineers falling between the two.

>but the earth caste who designed riptides and some other suits is over 200

Nah, O'vesa didn't design the Riptide.

The way he lived that long was becuse he invented nano-drones that prolonged his life.

Are you telling me that 2D, green-tinted, flickering image isn't our noble leader Aun'Shi?

>Fire warriors tend to die young and are expected to "honourably retire" when they become unable to preform their duties.

I think Puretide was 60 (or was it 80) when he died at the hand of Farsight at the behest of Aun'va.

>Fire warriors tend to die young and are expected to "honourably retir
By honorably retire you mean put down right?

those fair ideas.

That's kinda what I was going for with warptalons, and pairing them with screamers as terrors speading out of the warp seemed like a good fit.
The other idea was if the screamers turboboost over an enemy model they can choose not to inflict hits but instead have the warp talons arrive 1" from the enemy unit as if from deepstrike, but know scatter, they may charge that unit the turn they arrive.

I see where you're going to with the Havocs, but I still like Oblits, so my second idea was a bigger badder formations. Soulgrinders, buring chariots, and oblits, maybe some other big things. Resticted and/or given tzeetch weapons that they pound heavier targets.

Don't they have an entire idyllic Sept for retirements? I guess old Commanders will pass on their teachings.

No.

Shadowsun's father retired and settled down and got married. He spent his days raising his three daughters.

Puretide spent his retirement training new commanders.

The old codex mention retired fire caste acting as advisor in councils.

Either retire to teach if skilled at that, blaze of glory if capable, self-terminate if neither.

I'm bored with my Tau and I haven't even fully painted them yet.
Is an Infiltration Cadre+Optimized Stealth cadre a bad idea for a smaller point Tau army?

>buy awesome FW models
>wash them with dishwasher soap twice
>scrub with toothbrush
>then prime them
>all dry

>suddenly realize they're still somewhat greasy/shiny....

I mean, it's not like the primer rubs off with my finger, but using my nail, it comes off easier than with my regular GW models.

Can I still wash them again or are they ruined forever now? D:

Yeah, thanks for reminding me.

Au'taal is a sept whose purpose is to act as a retirement home. It's an easy going paradise sept.

Au'taal. The commander from my custom fluff is from Au'taal. He was among the many defense forces for Au'taal before being moved to lead the T'ron Expedition Defense Cadre.

Wait what?
Non-important fire warriors get the Ol' Yeller treatment.