Force of Will

What do you guys think of the new Shift mechanic being added?

Woops, wrong one.

I haven't followed FoW in a little bit, do you have an explanation of the mechanic? A quick google search didn't really explain what it does.

From the site:
>Shift cards are double sided, as such you’ll have to play with card sleeves when you participate in official tournaments. Shift cards can be hard cast from your hand as either side of the card by playing the cost printed on the side that you wish to play. Essentially this means you have two options for the price of one card, expanding your options and potentially making your deck more adaptable. Shift doesn’t just end there. On one side of a shift card you will see a shift keyword and a cost. If you play the card down on this side (usually the cheaper total cost side) and later decide you want to change it to the other side. You can do so by playing this shift ability. Once the card is flipped over it can’t flip back (since the shift cost isn’t printed on this side of the card)

>-Shift cards can be played with either side face up from the hand by paying that sides printed cost.
-A card on the field with a face up shift ability printed on it can be flipped (referred to as ‘Shift’ or ‘Shifting’) by paying that shift ability at any time you could play a Spell: Chant. ONLY the side with a printed shift cost can be flipped by paying this cost. (For example; The Lars side can be flipped, the Charlotte side cannot.)
-Shifting does not count as “entering the field” so a card that shifts can attack on the same turn.
-Shifting does not change a card’s orientation (a rested card that shifts will remain rested)
-When not on the field, the side with the shift ability printed on it is the side considered the “front” or “top” for instances that require you to reveal a card, name a card, or put a card into play, and so on (i.e. Shion’s ability upon entering the field as a J-ruler).

Oh yeah, I always forget that the main site is actually useful for this kind of thing, that was my mistake.

Seems like a fairly interesting mechanic, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it right now but I am looking forward to seeing what is done with it. Depending on what Shift cards are printed this could end up being a great mechanic and I hope it lives up to its potential.

Super solid for a 3-drop, and I'm glad they pulled through on an Alice/Dark Alice shift card.

Also good to see they still refuse to pay their flavor text proofreaders properly.

>double-sided card
>terrible flavor text
We Innistrad now?

Should i boher my local game shop to start bringing this?
Looks like it has some top tier waifus.

Good luck getting some shops to actually carry this

Good luck on this thread lasting a few more hours, I just started really enjoying this game on a casual kitchen table way and it seems as if its dead in the water as far as tg is concerned.

Sometimes threads manage to last. Surprisingly they normally live because mtg autists show up and shitpost about how the game is terrible. Otherwise they don't last long becuase of lack of interest and the sheer spam of inane shit on tg.

Soon.

It's literally the only game this company has made and trying to compare it to MTG,YGO, and others makes no sense given how established they are. It's growing, just very, very slowly. MTG wasn't shit back in 92/93, so when this is out in another 2-4 years and it's still dead? Then call it there.

Is it wrong I look up the cards' artists to see if they did actual nude artwork if they did ecchi works?

>Looks at Wednesday

Yep.

>Looks at Lack

Nope.

>Force of Meme

I would like to play this but I can't because I'm not a weeb

But it's fun.

No you don't. You're just making excuses to attempt insults. "I'm not a weeb" is not an actual reason for this, since I played Magic and was never a !complete! autist.
What's even with the "it's Japanese so it's for weebs" outlook anyway? Good forbid you drive a toyota, that's a weeb car.

Are you trying to tell me Force of Will isn't a tcg designed to appeal to weeb sensibilities?

Too big.

Well, you can only talk so much about asses on playing cards chairman notwithstanding, and what else is there to talk about? People don't seem to be interested in discussing decklists or tournaments.

>People don't seem to be interested in discussing decklists or tournaments.
Because it always goes back to MTG shitposting/flinging in the end in these threads. If you want to talk about the game, go to your LGS or even Reddit can actually talk about this fucking game.

My local shops all carry and have a game night every week.

Only about 6 people ever show up, max.

Anyone know where you can buy full play sets of every card in a new set? I am especially looking for the new set. I want to get back into the game since I am moving to a larger city, The local community where I am now died due to people who could not afford to play magic but wanted to be overly competitive destroying every tourney.

>Anyone know where you can buy full play sets of every card in a new set?
Meaning the entire card list from a given set?

Sorry I worded that weird, tried to type two thoughts at once.

YES. Correct. The entire card list of a set. Hopefully four of each so that I have a play set.

I did this last set, but it was from a friend who bought a case. I cant find an online seller anywhere.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a site that does that, but you can generally order all the cards from a set for decently cheap depending on where you order. Some of the cards will be a bit more, but you can certainly order them all from places like TCGPlayer and go from there. It's kind of a pain to have to do it manually, but it's still not too bad.

Oh, right, i completely forgot

Yeah I guess I will have to use tcgplayer. I usually dont go for full sets but I have really enjoyed the last couple of sets.

Thread is dead. Here is a FOW that guy story kinda thing.

>Kinda new to games like Magic and FOW
>Pretty much normie
>never encountered the horrers of THAT GUY
>at least 300 lb guy walks in one day
>think "This is the biggest man in this small town"
>He is soon followed by the actual biggest guy in town.
>Learn that they are brothers.
>Someone mutters something about them being banned.
>The clerk, a friend of mine, corrects the person.
>"They are only banned from magic"
>Tourney starts.
>Sit down with one of them for found one.
>His obvious net deck is destroyed by my tailor made deck made to shut it down. (My friend how is far better at deck building made it)
>He is getting mad
>Tell me the game is flawed and that Magic is better.
>Try to half agree with him to defect the conversation (mechanically Magic is a bit better imo)
>Says FOW is just a cheaper form of Magic made to please waifu fags.
>Laugh and agree saying something like "Why do you think I like the game LOL"
>Trying to wrap up game two fast, but he made some good sideboards.
>I am gonna win anyways
>make dumb and am now top decking.
>Get a Seraph and pull out a Lucifer.
>he scoops
>does the closes thing to storming out he is physically capable of.
>Store clerk friend changes FOW day to a day and time where is is know that both brothers work.
>He did it just for me.

If your reading this you know who you are, and I love ya bro.

we've been Innistrad from the very beginning, senpai

I'm currently trying to build a Little Red deck before it goes completely out of rotation, and I'm having a stupid level of fun for how bad the deck probably will be.

The only real decisions I have to make are "what color do I pair Little Red into"-
using Black gets me Pitch Black Moon and Black Moon, a 2 and 4 drop respectively. Cthulu aggro with some wolves.

Blue is full of bullshit hijinks, has Transparent Moons, and also lets me search them up and bounce them with Moon Incarnation and Send Back.

Lastly, White also has a two-drop moon that can tap things mid game if I really need it, and Almerius is a great stone for creature aggro

I picked up a bunch of cards before the meta in my area died. Where would you recommend I sell them?

Another one incomming. i hope at least one person reads these and has a chuckle.

>Longtime friend is longtime magic player
>he love it a gets me to dabble into it
>He is really good, like world champ good due to some mild autism, ya know the good kind though the kind that makes ya see things other don't.
>Gets pissed off at the shitty community
>quits
>Sells of over $3000 in cards
>constantly complains that "Those cards a worth so much more now" and that he should have heald on to them
>in his defence it was true
>fast forward a few years
>FOW is coming around
>He jumps on the bandwagon
>Talks about how it will be a good investment.
>Says he wont get screwed over like he did with magic
>Everyone is jumping on the band wagon
>Friend quickly rises to the top of the tourney scene
>Starts to whoop on new players in and out of tourneys
>He cant go easy "Promos and packs are my profits"
>rules lawyers hard, and is not nice about it.
>frequently stops games to find rulings on minor details even if everyone else in the room knows the right ruling.
>"He just wants to be sure" he says
>people start to talk bad about him
>He is getting THAT GUY status
>People talk to me knowing that I am one of this oldest friends.
>He kinda knows what is going on as I start to talk to him one day.
>Suggest that he play less hard core decks
>"Just play for fun bro"
>He claims that playing high level decks and overcoming challenges is the fun of the game.
>"How will I ever get better if I don't play my decks"
>bring up that most people play modified starter decks and crap. There is ho challenges to be had in our community.
>Gets mad, leaves.
>Doesn't since the community died anyways.
>It was only about a dozen people, and all it took was one That guy.
>Months later life gave him a kick in the pants and he got in line.
>Acts nice helps foster a new community.
>Actually gets his ass out to big tourneys and wins.

I hope he makes it to world champ soon.

CoreTCG

All good ideas. I would steer clear of blue though. The way meta is going your not gonna want to bounce too many things. To many enters, and activates.

I really really really want to make a Souls themed deck after seeing this guy and some other dude that looked like Elite Knight, but I can't for the life of me find a Ruler that fits theme and aesthetic. Halp.

Uh, uh... I'd say Falltgold or Delphinus.

>Delphinus
Isn't that Valhalla?

heresy

FoW seems to have a higher barrier to entry at a kitchen table level than magic.

Last time at my LGS we played about a dozen games of Force of Will between us. Every single one was won by the player who went first.

Shit, it might be. When I was first getting started, I sort of grew my collection without a meta- my LGS mentioned having a community but I was in a different state for a while, so I bought up some stuff elsewhere. I haven't been down to my actual LGS in some time but I should be able to get there soon now that I'm back home.

Worse yet, I bought most of my rulers blindly from Amazon, based on how interesting they looked. That doesn't mean I haven't been stupid lucky when it comes to pulls, I've got both R//R and Gill Lapis through loose packs.

I've got Arla (two, actually), Faria, Melgis, Scheherazade, Lumia, Alice (in Wonderland), Kaguya (2.0), Valentina, Gill Lapis, Ebony Prophet (rip Enter), Fiend of Dark Pyre, Falltgold, The Observer (x2, I wanted Shion damnit), Crimson Girl in the Sky, Pricia, R//R, Yggdrasil, and Puss in Boots.

Currently I've only got an okay Liberator of Wind deck that turns draw into pain- I really should retool her to be a combo deck- and a really bad Puss in Boots build. I'm lacking two Athos and I really need to figure out what to pad out the rest of the deck with.

Oh, and, Little Red of course, I do own her. I don't have my Bloody Moons yet so she's not a deck yet, but I did use Metadeck to make up proxies. Now I can test twelve versions at once.

>Kaguya 3.0 looks insanely fun to play
>Kaguya 3.0 is a happy-go-lucky
>Despise happy-go-lucky characters with a passion, but love the tempo game her deck provides
God dammit. I can't afford it anyways because Apollo and every stone I require is 5 dollars each.
Why couldn't she be a titty monster?

I kinda know your pain. I've got That Fucking Cat, but she's a one of. Meaning if I want to use her at all, I'd have to drop at least 30 more dollars, which is just a little too extreme for me at the moment. Blue is my worst color for getting one-ofs right now.
I'm with you on the titty monsters. We lost Valentina and possession does not a titty monster make.

I don't know much about the range on those guys, but Eezard might work.

There's what, only one titty monster Ruler/J-Ruler? The rest are all either small or flat.

Quick question, do I need to give this card Swiftness to make it attack if I pay will to make it a creature?

I believe it does not need swiftness to attack after the first turn it comes down.

I find it weird that now you have to play with sleeves. I know most everyone already does but at least mtg gave an option for flip cards to be played without sleeves.

As Regalia right? I'm trying to find out if I can put that out as regalia in one turn, then in another and pay will to turn it into a resonator and attack after doing so. I just don't know if you can or not

New player coming over from mtg. Any rulers, apart from R/R that are decent, fit a generic shell, but don't require a specifc decklist to at least be fun? Looking for something I can build a pet deck around.

Why is Valentina the only one with tits in this?

There's a few others here and there. Not really a whole lot though.

I meant Ruler, but those are some fat tits.

Most other rulers require at least a little build around, some a lot more than others. At the very least, you're usually committing to a color, although you can of course run more than one color.
Of all the ones I own:
Arla: Play four of the bow regalia. Throw some fliers in there too and you're probably set.
Faria: Play four of her castle and a steady curve of creatures that you can use to overwhelm the enemy later with her God's Art.
Sacred Princess/Lumia: Very similar to Faria.
Alice in Wonderland: I hope you like fivecolor goodstuff, because it's probably what you're playing. Much like R//R any cards can work with her, but she's way less of a toolbox.
Moon Princess of Stellar Wars: generate fancy mana, play fancy mana on priceless relics, smash priceless relics for mind control. Really the opposite of what you want.
Valentina: TITTY. MONSTER. Her tits deflect incoming damage if it's your turn and you can steal an enemy resonator.
Gill Lapis: Another meta ruler. Slows the game for those relying heavily on regalia and is fucking insane after flipping. A bit toolboxy, very control, but requires specific stones and you WILL be in Black, plus the not-a-color Lunar.
Ebony Prophet: Kinda nice but not worth the investment as I've heard a rule change nerfs him.
Fiend of Dark Pyre: cthulu fthagan.
Falltgold, the Dragoon: dragons fthagan. Just like above, there's almost no point in running a card outside of that type.
The Observer: Exile things off the top of your deck until his transformation is actually castable (starts at a whopping 12RR, but is 1 less per exiled card). He's really not a toolbox and you do need to build around him, sadly.
Crimson Girl in the Sky: Boring at first. Then, is untouchable by red or black, buff spells double in power, and debuffs don't work on your resonators. Swing with pure beef.
1/2

Pricia: Before being possessed by the TITTY MONSTER, she was a build-around that made it super easy to play five color sacred beasts. See cthulu fthagan and dragon fthagan.
R//R: lol
Yggdrasil: ARE YOU READY TO DIE FOR YGGDRASIL? The components you need for it are EXTREMELY specific, but there's also a bit more room to actually build a deck once they're in. The most effective strategy here is to literally kill yourself and bet everything on Alice. Do it. An hero.

>I'm going to kill every single of you
Does she mean that she is going to buy up all of the singles of that card and then tear them up?

Seriously though, they should try translating the flavor text a little more. I think that the setting is neat(I like it more than MTGs fantasy schlock with superheroes at this point), but the flavor is brief.

There is Little Red True Fairy Tale.
Should R/R hate ever get too big she'll be my go to for meme beast tribal for obscene pumping with her and Pricia Beast Queen.
Every pump to Pricia is quadrupled. Little Red Pure Stone gives +8/+8. Rapid Growth gives +16/+16.

I also suggest buying at least one copy of Vingolf. Most of the cards aren't great but you do get two copies of each dual stone (some people buy Vingolf twice just for the full rock sets), and the noncreatures in the set- specifically Thunder- are useful. The creatures rarely are, but I've seen them used here and there. Rasputin is perfect for sacrificing. A lot.

I hear Hannibal Barca is a card in this game.

Can I build around the Lightning Bolt Given By God? Is she a cute girl? How do I bring glory to Carthage?

Resonators can only attack/do tappy things if you've controlled the card since the beginning of the turn. This includes regalias/additions/things that can turn into resonators. If you play Marybell and activate its ability to turn it into a resonator, it cannot attack that turn because you did not control that card since the beginning of the turn.

She is a cute girl. She's from the starter set that made a fuckload of historical figures into cute girls.

I'm also fairly certain that she's totally useless as a ruler, except maybe if you were to go for an exceptionally general/generic White deck. Her flipped side having Target Attack is nice but it's nothing to write home about and she's outclassed by 90% of rulers. The only real pro is that she's not a build-around that requires highly specific cards.

And a reminder to anyone that didn't know already, the next Vingolf series will be based off of Valkyria Chronicles.

What is your opinion on the font they're using for this expansion?

Can't say I care for it that much, but I'm fairly certain they're aware that people really don't care for it at all.

And to add to this, it'll include content from every VC game. That's also including VC3, which was never localized.

What are people's thoughts on the new Machina? Thinking of actually trying this game since MtG standard has gotten dull.

Is there a MTG card the doubles pump spells like her.

It really depends on when you activate him, because he feels really situation at the moment. Much the same to the original as well.

I taught a friend who has never played a card game so I can play since I'm burnt out on magic. Its fun and relaxing.

Be honest guys

If you weren't weebs there would be literally no reason to play this game

There's nothing situational about putting a Marybell from your deck into play.

I'm not following.

Don't even attempt to follow. We're on Veeky Forums, a board dedicated to traditional games. Sadly, some people need a way to feel superior and shit on something because they don't play it.

where's all the waifus?

Celestial wing seraph has tits the size of a large child

Machina 1.0 is better with these new cards

Never really noticed it before, but she does seem rather large.

The main problem with Machina 2.0 an every other new ruler is that it costs 4 to Judgement and the ruler side does nothing. Meanwhile Machina 1.0 can build up your hand before flipping. You don't get to activate Marybell for 3 if your ruler is the Memoria. You don't get Artemis with 4 counters if your ruler is the Memoria.

how come I can't find a single copy of this in english??

It's a promo card for BoA out in June.

I didn't even know there was one. Who is it? Valentina is valentina, but I would hardly call her "monster"

Her breasts keep growing from card to card. The more evil she becomes, the larger her chest grows.

>I would hardly call her "monster"
1. Valentina is a stone cold bitch who will do anything and everything to obtain things she wants such as Alice. This involves murdering all of the seven kings (bar Pricia who managed to escape) with Dark Alice's help, impose "follow me or die" to her kingdom, becoming Gill Lapis' pet, and more.
2. Titty monster refers to anyone with a large rack, not just monster girls.

I'm not saying she's not evil. But "Titty monster" doesn't seem to fit, since otherwise I live surrounded by titty monsters. Her size ain't shit compared to these weirdos I live near. On the evil note: I have to applaud her dedication, if not her methods.

Stop.

I'm seeing the BoA promo is Dark Faria; are you sure?

He did say during the livestream that'll be out at some point from June-August.

Is there anyone that sells Valhalla?
There are so many fun-looking cards I want to mess with.

Thanks heaps dude. I reckon I'll try and buy the pricia starter deck, see how that goes, and maybe move on to the titty monster or crimson girl.

Once again, thanks dude.

Spoilers when.

a friend bought me the zombie deck so i could try it out
i don't know guys this game fucking sucks ass
terrible cards, terrible leader, terrible spells
i want to believe

What are you even trying to say?

Rezzard's deck? That deck is ass, by far the worst of the starters. Your best course of action is to rebuild it from the ground up if you want to stick to black, or buy a different starter.

You should also judge the game by the mechanics, not how shitty the starter deck is. (Which is funny because most of them other than Rezzard are decently competent in casual play).

Like the others have said, it's easily the worst starter deck of the lot from Seven Kings. It does have some decent cards included in it, but that's about the only redeeming feature. Your best bet to is find a theme/Ruler that you'd like to base a deck off of/for and move on.

Post more of these.

Someone always tries, and sometimes there is a real response given on the table.