So we all agree that Vance Motherfucking Stubbs is the canonical winner of the Kaurava Conflict ?

So we all agree that Vance Motherfucking Stubbs is the canonical winner of the Kaurava Conflict ?

Fucking-A he is

Only correct answer.

So that means he:
>Destroyed 5 companies and whats left of the Blood Ravens dignity
>killed a Living saint and its Botler Bitches
>trumped Ghazkull
>Banished the space weaboos
>Counter-raped the Dark eldar
>Regular raped the eldar
>BSOD the Necrons
>Fucked Chaos right so hard, Slaanesh didn't like it

You forgot

>Lost 100 Baneblades

Thats a rumor that is perpetuated by the xenos

the baneblades were redeployed

>Destroyed 5 companies and whats left of the Blood Ravens dignity
They should have fucked off or helped restore order

>killed a Living saint and its Botler Bitches
They should have fucked off or helped restore order

>trumped Ghazkull
It was Goregutz

>Banished the space weaboos
Good.

>Counter-raped the Dark eldar
Shouldn't have kept IG prisoners inside their base

>Regular raped the eldar
Didn't bring enough wraithknights

>BSOD the Necrons
See them in another million years

>Fucked Chaos right so hard, Slaanesh didn't like it
Weak codexes should fear the strong

>Boosting troop morale with speeches
>I.G.
It's like the creator of that image doesn't know what a laspistol is for.

>Lost
No, son. They're just laying in wait.

Are you saying that he didn't?

I'm saying SOMEBODY should give the man some proper fucking respect.

Erect some statues, names some equipment after him. etc

Nope. The only thing we know about the Kauruva conflict is that it was catastrophic for the Blood Ravens. It's entirely possible that there was no single victor.

One can imagine the Eldar defeating the Necrons and defending Kauruva 3 but making no effort to expand further, the Guard and Sisters fighting each other to a bloody stalemate until cooler heads force an end to their conflict, the Blood Ravens being wiped out by the Orks before the Tau force Gorgutz to flee, and finally either Chaos or the Dark Eldar being scattered by the other, and going on to prevent the other factions from expanding by raiding them all indiscriminately.

Unless there's an actual statement from Relic, anything regarding the victor or victors of Soulstorm is nothing but headcanon.

>implying that the Blood Ravens weren't already getting wrecked by the orks/tau

In metal boxes

Winter Assualt: Taldeer
Dark Crusade: Blood Ravens
Soulstorm: Dark Eldar (Vect dying is too ridiculous for any other option)

>Dark Eldar (Vect dying is too ridiculous for any other option)

Vect doesn't die. He escapes. The devs said they forget to add a teleport effect in the stronghold loss cutscene.

Furthermore, the after report narration make mention of Vect escaping.

>(Vect dying is too ridiculous for any other option)

The games aren't canonical so this is irrelevent. Besides, IIRC one of the developers stated that they intended to show Vect teleporting out of the wreck - Tahril's final speech even suggests that Vect isn't dead ("Well, if he had died..." etc etc).

Really? Well that's slightly less stupid then. Given how shat on the DE was at the time though, I can't say I expected more.

Well he is the only know person to be able to fully use the IG abillity to carry freinds and a HMG in thier backpack, all the other forces couldent do anything when faced with such power. Im calling chaos magick

He didn't lose 100 baneblades. Creed borrowed them.

BARROWMAN!

I think Avitus and Cyrus would've mentioned if the IG had been the one to take out the Blood Ravens, considering how much Avitus hates the Guard and how salty Cyrus is over the whole Kaurava campaign.

>>Destroyed 5 companies and whats left of the Blood Ravens dignity
Got retconned to three as I remember, but he did buttrape Boreale.

>>killed a Living Saint and its Bolter Bitches
Not all of them. After the Conservators killed the Living Saint, the Sisters burned themselves...most of them.

>>trumped Ghazkull
Gorgutz. And only because the Rockklaw Stronghold was partially dismantlet because the Warboss thought of the whole invincibility thing as un-Orky

>>Banished the space weaboos
And turned their base into a ammo depo

>>Counter-raped the Dark Eldar
And it was fueled by manly tears due to what the DEldar did to the captives.

>>Regular raped the Eldar
Yep. After a cat and mouse play of get to the Eldar base.

>>BSOD the Necrons
And then blew up everything else that was Necron related.

>>Fucked Chaos right so hard, Slaanesh didn't like it
Pic. related. Ask Carron how badly he got mangled, for Retribution made the theory that he got rammed into a Dreadnought partially canon.

Also don't forget he:
>Rebuild the sector
>Cleaned up any Orks and Heretics left
>Initiated multiple projects
>Build a lot of military academies
>And finally made IG regiments second to Cadian Kasrkins in terms of skills and discipline

Alpha Legion propaganda

We don't know who won Kaurava to be honest. I'll have two posts with this one describing the canon for each one and the second post giving the fate of the characters. Add to them and give opinion.

>Dawn of War 1-Blood Ravens victory (and Eldar to an extent).

>Winter Assault-I believe it's an Eldar victory but it could be an Imperial Guard victory. Gorgutz killed Crull. The wargear Shield of Sturnn has the description that Sturnn recovered the Titan but Only War: Hammer of the Emperor say that the Titan was lost with Sturnn dying. It's still confusing to say who won this conflict. Taldeer survived but she could have survived the onslaught of Orks and Chaos when she was trapped in the Imperial Guard path.

>Dark Crusade-Blood Ravens victory. Every other faction is wiped out.

>Soulstorm-Unknown other than the Blood Ravens lost and suffered which lead to the events of Dawn of War 2. People keep saying that Relic said it was Imperial Guard but I still have not seen proof of this. Though, certain members of the Blood Ravens surviving might suggest that the Imperial Guard allowed them to return to the Chapter. No definite proof however.

>Dawn of War 2-Blood Ravens victory. I think it's a Epic Victory as the Tyranids barely appear in Chaos Rising.

>Chaos Rising-Blood Ravens victory with Avitus being the traitor. It's most likely him.

>Retribution-Was hinted that it was a Blood Ravens victory in Space Marine but Dawn of War 3 definitely confirms it.

Only Winter Assault and Soulstorm remain as the undecided.

Right, part 2. I will start this in series as in Dawn of War 1 and 2. I will split into Alive, Dead and Unknown. Dawn of War 1 first.

>Dawn of War 1

Alive
Gabriel Angelos, Inquistor Mordecai Toth, Farseer Macha, Gorgutz Ead'Hunter, Epistolary Anteas, Shas'O Kais

Dead
Isador Akios, Orkamungus, Lord Bale, Sindri Myr, Lord Crull, Reclusiarch Mikelus, Lukas Alexander, Commissar Anton Gebbett,Captain Gregor Vash, Warp Spider Exarch Rakanis Farseer Taldeer, Aun' El Shi'Ores, Necron Lord of Kronus, Thomas Macabee, Indrick Boreale

Unknown
All other characters of Soulstorm, Colonel Brom, Sergeant Matiel, General Sturnn, Chaplain Varnus.

I forgot 'Stupid' (Ork second in command for Gorgutz in Winter Assault) for the Unknown and Amphion and Zethus, the two Chaos sorcerers for Eliphas as Dead. Now

>Dawn of War 2.

Alive
Tarkus, Cyrus, Apollo Diomedes, Martellus, Ulkair the Unclean

Dead
Avitus, Apothecary Gordian, Badzappa, Warboss Bonesmasha, Skykilla, Gutrencha, Nemerian, Idranel, Jonah Orion, Apothecary Galan, Araghast the Pillager, Endymion, Eliphas the Inheritor, Azariah Kyras

Unknown
Davian Thule, Aramus (Force Commander), Thaddeus, Elena Derosa, Gregor Vandis, most characters of Retribution.

For doing his job? The man is an imperial general, not a saint.

I kind of like this version of events

On that note, Tau were one of the only factions the Blood Ravens are actually confirmed to have fought:
>Lance of Furious Dawn
>A prized relic of the Blood Ravens 9th company, this missile launcher last saw service during a bold raid on Tau armored columns during the Kaurava Campaign. By the time the sun rose fully over the Clement Hills, thirty Tau skimmer-tanks and crisis suits were smoking ruins.

Yeah, the lead designer/producer mentioned it in a forum post. The Dais model was supposed to have the teleport as part of its destruction animation, but technical issues + lack of time = crew and riders just disappear.

However, only Boreale and Carron had mastered the art of packing 10 full squads into a single Rhino.
No, really, even though they only send (IIRC) 3 squads per transport in their respective strongholds' Rhino attacks (still higher than the usual 2), the actual capacity of the Space Marine and Chaos stronghold Rhinos is 10 squads each.

>Got retconned to three as I remember
It wasn't a retcon, it simply meant that not all of the Marines sent to Kaurava were killed. As was kinda evinced by Cyrus being alive to speak of it.

>The wargear Shield of Sturnn has the description that Sturnn recovered the Titan
It said he led his regiment to recover it, but that can be interpreted either way.
>Sergeant Matiel
Confirmed dead on Tartarus by DoW2, despite him showing up alive and well in the final DoW1 cutscene.

>Sergeant Matiel
>Confirmed dead on Tartarus by DoW2, despite him showing up alive and well in the final DoW1 cutscene.

Maybe he got ganked by some asspained Ranger, resentful that Imperium managed to save the day.

>Dead
>Eliphas the Inheritor
>implying he isn't going to come back again to lead the forces of Chaos in DoW3

People like him too much now user, most people think he is cooler than god damn Abaddon himself in the Dawn of War series.

If they are bringing back Angelos, Gorgutz, and Macha you can best believe they will be bringing back more OGs for the other factions.

I'd love to see Eliphas in his terminator armor going toe to toe with Gabriel in his terminator armor. Warmace of Khorne vs Daemonhammer.

No, I was.

I don't think he's that cool. Especially in Retri, he just lost whatever had originally made him so well liked. And Araghast - though not my favorite, he was pretty awesome - gets killed off far too early because of him.

Personally, the biggest thing Eliphas lost was his voice. It was refreshing to hear a Chaos leader speak so calmly and confidently in DC, but in Retribution he's just Steve Blum.

>Well he is the only know person to be able to fully use the IG abillity to carry freinds and a HMG in thier backpack

You don't get to bring friends.

BANEBLADE?

>cooler than god damn Abaddon
My left sock is cooler than Abaddon. THough Eliphas is a pretty cool dude

I know of that wargear but it's weird to see him in the last cut-scene. Unless that is a different Sergeant that we have seen throughout the whole game talking to Gaberial and Isador.

Here is the wargear description

>The names of every Blood Raven to wear this armor are written on the vambraces as a reminder of its mighty legacy. The most recent inscription bears the name of Sergeant Matiel, martyred on Tartarus during the final battle against the sorcerer Sindri.

The Shield of Sturnn can be interpreted differently as well but I hope Sturnn won as his defeat means we lose him and Varnus who were two epic characters in the series. Also it's an insult to the Imperial Guard to lose in their expansion pack.

He has died twice now. If he comes back, I expect him to be a tortured being for his multiple failures.

In all likelihood, it was probably just an oversight by the writers.

Of course!
Was there ever any doubt?!

Hopefully Dawn of War 3 can clear up all these oversights and parts of canon that still do not know.

Oh, I actually forgot about the Glory of Matiel - I was looking at one of the other wargear descriptions that mentioned him, though I guess it doesn't matter since it says the same thing about his death, just slightly less detailed:
>Tartarus
>Sgt. Matiel of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company engraved this sword's guard with the name of the Ork-infested world he and his brothers set about liberating. Matiel died on Tartarus, but his blade continues the fight in other hands.

>Also it's an insult to the Imperial Guard to lose in their expansion pack.
Perhaps. The Tau and Necrons must be feeling pretty insulted then, but I'm sure there are many who would be pleased by that.

I assumed so too, just Relic being inconsistent with the fate of a very minor character (who was represented by a generic model as well, which potentially muddies things further).

There's also wargear that references Goto's DoW novels, and the idea of them being canon, within or without the game, opens up a far bigger can of worms, even disregarding the meme-hate for the author.