What's your favourite and/or least favourite GW sculpts?

What's your favourite and/or least favourite GW sculpts?

Pic related. Always loved the Terminator Chaplain.
Least favourite might be the Stormraven. I just can't ignore how stupid those wings look. At least the design has improved a bit with the Stormtalon and Stormhawk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdsT75bKHs4&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd&index=45
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gonna have to go with Termie Chap bro as well. One of the first models I put any real effort into and now I have multiple copies of him lying around the place.

Him, or the Slaaneshi Boobworm lord.

A lot of the Realm of Chaos champion range are contenders as well.

Almost every flyier by GW sucks.
I hate that FW discontinued the Barracuda and now we have to stay with the shitty Tau planes.

>Almost every flyier by GW sucks.

The Ork and Dark Eldar ones are great.
IG, Eldar, Necron and Tyranid ones are all perfectly okay. The Heldrake as well if you like the aesthetic.
It's only really the Space Marine flyers that are genuinely awful.

Best: Talos Pain Engine

Least favorite: hard to say, maybe the rank and file CSM kit. It's details aren't that great and he design is showing its age, plus they don't lend themselves overly well to a Slaanesh theme which is what I paint.

The new Ulrik model is one of the best they made so fare imo
also the new Blood angels chaplain, who you use as Lemartes no problems.

The old EC Lord, sadly now discontinued.

I love that ridiculous bastard. He just has so many fine details, so many little gibblies hidden away all around him, that makes him so endlessly entertaining to look at.

I got my commissioned (pic related) and he is, simply, just nuts. My painter wanted him too look like a mix between a dragqueen and a member of Kiss, which I think he achieved.

I only have a tiny amount of CSM to ally occasionally with my Renegades or Daemons, and frankly, its only because I want this guy and this other crazy Sorcerer I have to be on the table.

I got one recently from GW is it really discontinued? Either way, he's a great model.

I personally think the Heavy Stubber Cultists is the best GW miniature.

I know, it's recent and it's just a cultist.
Not a character nor some fancy, huge and expensive miniature.

But it is a really great sculpt in my opinion.

He's still on the website, but listed as 'No Longer Available'.

This has got to be my favourit model. It has so much class and character about it.

Too many favorites OP! But probably the Hive Tyrant

I loved those stormtroopers.

Blightkings. Purely for versatility.

17 heads, 21 arms, 11 torsos. Each one looks almost like a character.

I put the remaining parts on Ogre bodies, and suddenly I had 15 unique minis.

REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!

Very related, though it's only a component rather than a full model, this is probably my favourite head in the CSM range. Just the perfect example of Slaaneshi degeneration.
Or close; he apparently still has his nostrils free, so that's at least two orifices he hasn't plugged up yet.

I'm really fond of the Imperial Knights. Say what you want about their price or their performance, but the models are beautiful.

I'm lucky enough to have a few of those.

Then again, I don't play Slaaneshi marines. I just got them as part of someone's bit box.

coo'

least favorite, tough. everything space yiff is despicable. But this is everything thats wrong with them in one shitty unit.

Pic related is probably my favourite.

As for least favourite, I'd say it's a toss up between the kastellan or the wulfen.

>Come on now, SW terminators are cool

Somebody charged money for that paintjob?

Favorite is between the Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion and the Dark Eldar Succubus.

In the case of the former, I love all the details and doodads, especially on the back with the melta. In the case of both, they're both very animated and acrobatic-looking.

Least favorite is between the Dreadknight and the Centurion. Both are just so fucking dumb-looking.

DIGGANOBZ

what a lovely paper weight, play epic instead

wasted potential boils my blood so I'd say Kastellan, at least wargames exclusives has some nice headswaps to salvage them with

Favorite: Deff Dread. It's what made me start playing Orks originally which is a shame because they are hard to make work.

Least Favorite: Dreadknight. I know it's popular to hate but holy fuck what were they thinking. GK are my second army and I use a 3rd party model for my single dreadknight.

This model is from one of my favorite kits ever put out. Both modes are awesome, and the leftovers are great bits for a lot of things.

Honourable mention probably goes to the Saurus Old Blood on a carnosaur and a few others.

My least favorite is the riptide, by far. It just looks like shit in my opinion, and it's the poster boy for their shitty new business model.

While the headswap certainly helps, the general proportions still annoy me too much. If I ever decide to field the unit, I'd probably proxy in pic related.

RIP sphinx models, still not replaced, my knight conversions still impossible now

Well, I intend to purchase one or two simply to have two awesome paper weights on the shelf.
Though I wanted to purchase an Epic Warlord titan at one point, but GW discontinued it before I got around to.

I guess taste differs, because I think the Castellax looks awesome.

The Castellax looks overly round and kinda terrible UNLESS you give it the rogue trader paint scheme with the checkering.

I was planning to do them up in an art deco look, but am not sure how to start

Example?

Here you go. Not mine, but the rogue trader scheme makes the model look way better. Without the color differentiation, its just round and boring to me.

I love the idea of SM being massive walking tanks, so mk3 and more precisely the breacher squad variants are my favorite models.
I really want plastic mk3 and breachers in the next HH boxed game.

I didn't want to be rude, but you actually asked someone to paint it and it came out like this, and you paid him for it???

I could have done a better job and I suck hard

The Interrogator Chaplain and this guy from the Dark Vengeance box. We first legion guys have a lot of good models in general.

Holy shit user. Glad i boycott GW now, that's fucking twilight bullshit

What?! Y'all ain't posted this muthafucka yet?
For shame, Veeky Forums!

>wasted potential boils my blood

I guess on wasted potential grounds, I'd personally like to nominate the Tyrannofex. Not so much for the model itself - there are far, far worse-looking minis out there - but for how the design was altered from the original art. The most obvious thing is the relocation of the cannon so the Tyrannofex is just carrying it like almost every other gun-toting nid, but there's also the reduced thickness of the limbs, both the talons and the loooong, gangly hind legs (admittedly the latter were slightly obscured in the art, but from what was visible they seemed lower and thicker).

The Swarmlord, which was released at the same time as part of the plastic Tyrant kit, is arguably even more lacklustre compared to its illustration, but I'm not as bothered by that one.

Gotta go with good old Crom. I'm glad I got one before Sigmar ate him. Standing out in a crowd of so great looking Warriors of Chaos is a valuable feature and Crom has it. In general I really love the plastic WoC, especially their compact posture and heavy outlook. Only Black Orcs come close to looking that menacing in WFB IMO.

I also love Tempestus and Kasrkin. All other Stormtroopers are vastly inferior to them.

As for least favourite... I don't know, probably the Dark Eldar slave girls, because of how old and ugly they are.

>As for least favourite... I don't know, probably the Dark Eldar slave girls, because of how old and ugly they are.
This is by no means an uncommon opinion, but I suspect the official paintjob may play a part.

Nah, they're ugly in any paintjob.
I mean, I got a little spoiled by stuff like Hasslefree, Infinity or Brother Vinni... But those are still fugly models.

The worse thing is that the 3rd ed models captured the "FUCKING ASTARTES TURNED WEREWOLF IN LOOTED POWER ARMOR BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR 10K YEARS" greatly.
And now we have to deal with guys in light armor with PAWS and stupid weapons like icecles and backpack grenade launchers.
It's not fair.

I've always liked the Teutogen Guard. Shame they discontinued them after the campaign.

I'm going to put my least favorite with the Wulfen. They look like shit all around, and they remind me how much better the old models were.

As a runner up nitpick, I hated most Chaplains for the last like 10 years or so, because the hafts on the crozious were always noticeably too thick. Just one of those little things that ruins a model.

teutogen guard are fucking classy models

All wulfen are 10k years old? I thought there was a steady stream of failed aspirants

>tfw buddy has like 40 of those, count as Greatswords

I'm actually a fan of some of the LotR models. Mirkwood Rangers are some of my favorites. Well, the faces are kind of shitty in a lot of cases, but slap a hoo and mask over it and suddenly it's 8/10.

I'm also a fan of Durthu from the Wood Elves line. It's an intimidating goddamned model. Perhaps way too over complicated, but pretty neat.

Hard to say.
This, wraithlords, sentinels, Vengeance class Grand Cruisers are certainly top contenders

The 13th company, from where most wulfen come, are veterans of the long war.

user the Long War is the term used by filthy traitors because they started it 10k years ago.
Hence, Loyalists cannot be veterans of the Long War. However, SW might have called their stuff the Long Hunt IIRC.

They look like they're posing rather than loosing.

My favorite is the Penitent Engine. My least favorite is Sisters Repentia. Actually, my least favorite is just about anything SoB that's not the Penitent Engine.

Vulkan He'stan for sure.

Just love all the detail they packed on him.

Is that a problem?

Wulfen come from two sources.

Aspirants who fail at controlling the canis helix and turn into feral monsters.

Marines like Bran Redmaw or the 13th Company who either have loose control over the canis helix or are very in tune with it and sometimes go feral in the midst of battle. Or in the case of the 13th Company go feral and stay feral.

I like my own sculpts best :)
>like this one youtube.com/watch?v=BdsT75bKHs4&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd&index=45

got loads more on my channel #retributionangel

That's a big sword

These are classic models and one of my favorites. Who cares if they are ugly, that's kinda the point. They have character.

For you

God dammit man get a better camera. Even a fucking iPhone shoots better.

Regular ol' boxy dreadnoughts are my favorites, followed by the Chaos Raptor sets, love the detailing.
Least favorite would have to be the 2nd edition space marines, they just looked wonky and off.