Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Gas the Spheres of Power. 3pp war now.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tg/1462831687056.png
d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/kobold-press/general-feats---3rd-party---kobold-press/bravery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Elsbeth

Path of War is over rated.

Why do people still play Pathfinder when 5e and Mouseguard are pretty much objectively better?

>trading sweet sweet numerical bonuses for a binary advantage/disadvantage system

u wot m8

nth for alchemists (and investigators) are the best class and you can't convince me that it isn't in a perfect place in regards to both balance and fluff. You can make almost anything you want and do it competently, and you can do really cool fun stuff without breaking the game in half.

A shame I don't know where to look for any art of an alchemist and their homunculus. Maybe I should suck it up, compile references, then beg in a drawthread.

>Implying the game I'm playing still counts as Pathfinder for anything other than 3pp compatibility
I pity you paizocore cucks

Because 5e doesn't have Soulknife, Aegis, Astral Constructs, or my players

>best class
>not Warder

Because I can't get people to play Mouseguard.

Because I like Skinwalkers.

When I run a game I tend to use almost every alternate system released at once(+some of my modifications), it ends up making the game actually quite a bit different to the point that characters don't die nearly as often, but are unable to fight effectively when damaged so the players actually run away rather than fight to the death like idiots(from my experience with players at least). Also PoW allowed, Spheres required for all mid and full casters(alchemist/investigator is fine as well as paladins, mediums, rangers, and bloodragers if they don't want to use spheres), Psionics sometimes allowed.

Opinions on the Havocker Witch? Seems weaker than standard witch, but a LOT stronger than kineticist.
i.4cdn.org/tg/1462831687056.png

>alchemists
That's a really strange way to spell beguiler

So tonight I'll be hanging out with some of the writers from Kobold Press.

Anything I should discuss with them? They seem to be one of the more background publishers, but if you guys have anything you want me to talk about or ask on the show, I'll do it.

Can retraining allow you to change your disciplines known? Like going from scarlet throne to some other discipline?

Tell Marc Radle he's a cunt and that by tossing copypasta'd ads all over the paizo boards he's making Kobold Press as a whole look like cunts.

I'd like to know what the fuck's up with the whole Trickster thing.

Tell 'em one of my friends is absolutely in love with the Artisan class and that I also think it's the best thing they've put out.
Also tell 'em that some of their feats are fucking ridiculous and that they should check whoever wrote them into a mental institution.
Example: d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/kobold-press/general-feats---3rd-party---kobold-press/bravery

What Trickster thing?

1th/nd for illidan

Alchemist are a broken class. I do not mean in terms of power, but upon release and since their class has had several things about it that simply do not work.

This should be a Fighter Class Feature, not a Feat.

You for sure don't ever know what the term "broken" is, even if someone rub a dictionary on your retarded face.

I'm not him, but I'd hazard a guess that is talking about the fact that Kobold Press recently had Paizo expunge a handful of critical reviews on the Trickster under the guise that they weren't legitimate reviews.

What's your favorite kinda Skinwalker, senpai?

but feasts ARE fighter class features :P

>but upon release and since their class has had several things about it that simply do not work.
Such as?

Guy in question, that's exactly what I meant.

I think he might actually be showing up, so I'll pass that along.

Not sure what you mean.

I'll bring it up I guess. I don't have the ability to read through everything they publish, so I don't have a great grasp of how good/bad their general output skews. It seems like the bulk of their publications are class guides though.

This.

The Warder is quite easily the greatest class in either core or 3pp, it combines all the best aspects of martial fighting in a way that gives you heavy armor, heavy hitting, and enough brains to be a legitimate party member.

Warder and the Warder's archetypes encompass basically every aspect of "fighter person" you could want.

>I'll bring it up I guess
You should probably, like, avoid the "fucking" and the "mental institution" parts now that I think about it

Which DSP boys are responsible for Warder, anyway?

It's not hard to imagine why Paizo would cow-tow to a larger publisher like KP. They make a heck of a lot more money off sales of a 5-page pamphlet of garbage like the Trickster than a handful of individual users who are mad enough to actually review the products. I honestly wonder how many of the untouched positive "reviews" of the Trickster were "legitimate".

Really m8?

It some alchemist RaW that simply does not work.

Natively alchemists have no CL. Thus they can not take item creation feats. However they receive Brew Potion as a bonus feat. They use their alchemist level as their CL when brewing the potion. However unlike normal potion brewing they have no caveat for reducing their CL when making it. An alchemist, by RaW, always makes a potion at their max CL.

The next thing is the numerous Errata and FAQs on how extracts work. They have had to be clarified time and again.

Next is how extracts themselves interact with the world as items, and bombs. When can an individual create a bomb, and from where? We know for a fact there is some component, but unlike other spells with insignificant cost components it requires no component pouch.

I can draw similar conclusions, yeah, but putting the fire under their asses on whatever live show he's going to ought to produce some interesting results.

The class is Chris's, with some editing on my end. The archetypes aside from Hawkguard are also Chris; Hawkguard was originally Ssalarn, with edits from Chris.

Nigga you dumb.

Well good on Chris. Warder's my favorite class by far.

Send him my FUCKIN' regards, G.
With the apostrophe.
You're still my favorite though don't worry about it

>but putting the fire under their asses on whatever live show he's going to ought to produce some interesting results.

That's really not going to happen. They're not sitting down on a hard-hitting news program trying to get to the truth of matters. A few writers are gonna guests on a no-name live podcast where we hang out and talk about D&D stuff and answer chat questions.

Damn it, don't ruin my anti-paizo crusade with your fucking realism.

Favorite Astral encounters?

Seascarred.

How do I make Bolt Ace not suck absolute ass?

It's already literally 50 times better than Gunslinger, what the fuck else do you want?

I have to agree with that they need to realize that Radle's shit has massively changed the way people perceive their company. They used to be one of the 3PPs held in highest regard like DSP with quite a few offerings of pure gold like the White Necromancer and Spell-less Ranger. But stuff like having copywritten ads dropped into random threads that hit certain key words and the Trickster debacle that and mentioned have made them pretty much a laughing stock.

The Trickster really is the poster child for everything Kobold Press is doing wrong these days. They came into an already overpopulated space that's vastly dominated by Ertw's Beguiler and Ascension Games' Nightblade, dropped in a poorly constructed cobblework of class features borrowed from 3.5 classes, and then pitched a bitch fit when people called them on it. Even if they didn't actually demand that Paizo take down the critical reviews, public perception of their company these days is so poor that people have no trouble whatsoever believing that they did.

>Well, the sharks are already circling, the waters are red. Throw in your chum.

>Once an isolated northern realm of disorganized human tribes and petty kings, the Elven invaders from the arctic circle brought with them revolutionary ideas on government, agriculture and most importantly metallurgy
>Today, the Kingdom of Gevalia is a land of Half-Elves, as the Elven expeditionary force integrated famously with the natives and brought forth a unique ethnic group known as much for their competency as they are for their exotic beauty
>A nation of artisans, smiths and sages, Gevalians are as famous for their curiously intricate ceremonies as they are for their blades, the greatest of which are forged by Elven smiths who still remember their service in the first invasions
>The Kingdom of Gevalia is a land fractured into seven major clans, formed from the seven officers of the Elven invaders, who all swear undying loyalty to the Crown. The Crown is held by the commander of the original expeditionary force, and while it contains supreme religious authority and heavy weight in all matters diplomatic, true power lay in whichever Clan has been given the Crown's favor.

They're basically post-viking Scandinavia smashed into Japan.

It'd be nice to get an honest answer, but unfortunately they'll probably just lie and say they had nothing to do with it and then Marc will go into his robotic, pre-written sales pitch for the Trickster.

>2016
>beign this retarded

5e ain't better, it's unfortunately been more or less abandoned and will never achieve the amount of material and support pathfinder has. It did have hope at first, though.

Try out unchained heroes as an alternative.

How do I calculate DPR?

Dear /pfg/,

Have a hankering to run either a Warsighted or Martial Master for fun (Don't think anything else gets Martial Flexibility). As hot garbage as I think it might be, I don't think it'll be that bad considering the typical power range my group runs.

Anyway, is there any sort of wondrous item or equipment that can grant an additional immediate action or a swift action out of turn in a pinch? If it's a consumable or a 1/day thing that's fine, mainly looking for something for emergencies.

Do not start before they got their first crossbow training.

After that, they are okayish. You are getting bracers of FalconĀ“s Aim, I take it?

>it's unfortunately been more or less abandoned
what

Feels... a bit "trying too hard"?
It's like a tourism brochure, rather than a travel advisory.

If you can make it more obvious with the rest of your work that it is in fact written by the Gevalian tourism board, then fucking genius, but otherwise, well let's face it half-elves are everywhere, and no one thinks they're unique (and they're as 'ethnic' as quadroons).

I'd say keep it but make it clear that, yeah, that's the brochure saying this. In which case you don't use the term "fractured", but rather something cheesy like "The Kingdom of Gevalia is a union of seven major clans..."

After that, elsewhere, you're going to have to be a bit more... uh... realistic. Maybe swap out the blades for something else for a bit of originality; maybe they actually have ultra-intricate crossbow-stocks or something.

Bard feats. As a purely support/skill monkey bard, what do I do with my feats?

Dude 5e is like 3 people now and their budget is "are these guys even being paid"

Whatever you want, senpai
Literally cannot go wrong

hit chance*damage+chance to critically threaten*crit confirmation chance*(crit modifier-1)*(damage-damage that does not apply on crits)

Elsbeth-user takes feedback better than DDS does!

uh, there are exceptions.
*monkey lunge*

Well, when you ask someone "what should I eat today" and they say "whatever you want" they usually expect you to be intelligent enough to not pick literal shit and/or shards of glass

VMC into something nice.

"Literally cannot go wrong" implies that even if they did pick literal shit and shards of glass, by being a bard they would still achieve deliciousness from eating it.

Truly, this is not so.
But I'm just being pedantic.

If they were a Wizard it'd be true tho

Bards get prestidigitation

>I wish this was a steak dinner
>aaaawww yeah. poo.

Does anyone have the Lords of night PDF? I was looking at maneuvers to pick out for my Vampire Noble aegis when i recalled the playtest being spoken of a while back. From what I could gather online it is exactly what I was looking for, but I'm also interested in seeing stuff like PrCs within.

>Cycle the same food 3-4 times using prestidigitation to make sure you get ALL the nutrients out of it
Sounds like a Wizard thing to do

I thought the Artisan was pre-SoP DDS

This right here. Just read that post to them verbatim and let it sink in. Right now they're a joke, but they could get back to where they were if they were willing to actually work for it.

>Join Wayward Path
>Want to upkeep a travelogue via rhyme
>Don't know shit about poetry
>Start to doubt the idea
>Suddenly realize literally no one but me will bother to read it
>Crank out the rest
Phew, that was close! Haha!!

Eventually, yes. Unfortunately, the game started at lvl1, so I'm stuck occasionally doing 1d8 damage for a while

no_sense_of_right_and_wrong.jpg

There needs to be a werestag variant, with a gore attack.

A werestag would be dope as fuck.

Or, hell, a werehorse skinwalker especially because of implications with horse pussy/horse dick.

An unsightly beast

For what it's worth, it's in my Original: The Setting, where Elves are actually Daoine Sidhe (the race posted way back when by the DSP folks) and, outside of the arctic circle and moon are a tiny minority... Except for Gevalia.

I'd type more, but I'm getting hit with an extreme case of the dumb.

Am I still banned for bullshit?

Yes

What does /pfg/ think of the Dragon Disciple prestige class? Is there a build (preferably involving sorcerer levels) that's pretty much accepted as the best means to make the most out of the class?

Ok cool, unbanned.

Some cocksucker reported one of my posts as requesting CP and I got perma banned and had to appeal.

Considering all I've posted today are criticisms of DSP I gotta say, you all are shit. You seriously csnt handle criticism of your shit books?

Also what kind of shitty mod actually hits the ban button on a post like "Path of War is over rated"

Martials are more interesting in Pathfinder.

You get rused by anonymoose.

Funnily enough, it works pretty well with Magical Child-MC doesn't have much to lose by taking it, and gets a few nifty tricks to shore up its otherwise unimpressive class features.

We're you using a public wifi or something? I've been banned before because some guy using the same library wifi shitposter on r9k before

Yeah, same here. My public library has gotten completely banned from all boards for what appears to be forever due to breaking multiple global rules a year ago.

>Also what kind of shitty mod actually hits the ban button on a post like "Path of War is over rated"
>The ban is from May 7
Nice try kiddy diddler

how do I optimize a slayer that plans to work under the old school method of assassinating people (just walk up to them, suddenly pull out a knife and hope you stab them to death before they can react)

the sort of strategy where I stare at them for a coupe rounds for studied target/death attack bonuses and then go in

Someone sounds like they have a sore bottom.

Bluff, stealth and sleight of hand.

I'm talking more maximizing my damage in a single surprise attack, I don't know which feat chain/ranger combat style would work the best for that shit

You'd be better off looking at Path of War, but even then, getting enough damage output in a single shot on a dagger is not something you can really do in PF.

Post baleeted!

Did mods strike!?

This, PF daggers just don't have enough DPR output outside of kukri dual-wielding.
With PoW on, I'd suggest either an intimidate mod maximizer into Black Seraph's Wrath (Should be racking an extra 50-60 profane damage by level 11 if done right)+a damage-heavy strike, or pickup a Stalker with a scythe, setup combat precognition+silver strike+the numerology totem trait through adopted+improved critical+critical edge for a 18-20/x4 roll three times, take highest, plus an additional number in the d20 auto-nat 20ing the thing.

The closest thing you can really get is the Assassinate Advanced Talent. This will require you to be lvl 10 and has several caveats.

What content are you allowed to use and at what level?

>tfw you go to take another look at the Alteration doc and the link is deleted