I need art of magicians; magic-users of all sorts

I need art of magicians; magic-users of all sorts.

However, I need images of people who very clearly read of being a magic-user, despite the fact that the image doesn't contain anything magical happening to/of/by/around them at all. People who could totally just be a random well dressed civilian, but you would instantly buy that they were a magician if told so.

Colorful and striking are infinity more important than historic accuracy or technical correctness, but their attire needs to not be completely ludicrous while like floating parts or 15 different scarves or whatever. "Normal, if a little ornate," would be the best way to summarize it. Robes and hats are welcome, but stylish and different are more important.
Noble/Bright > Grim/Dark too, though particularly stylish characters of seemingly villainous repute are also welcome.

Cartoony illustrations are even welcome; so is anime as long as it isn't from the "fist-sized-eyeballs" department.

I'll post a few examples up front, and then just bump every several minutes after.

Potential "battle mages," are also acceptable; just consider whether or not they actually look like they know some magic or if they're just wearing ornate armor.

Also, humans only please.

>Colorful and striking are infinity more important than historic accuracy or technical correctness

Real world historical people dressed much more colorfully than they are depicted in modern media.

>needs to not be completely ludicrous
-pointless belts and studded buckles, giant retarded spear-axe... guitar?

-mummy shoes

> extra belts and wrapped feat
> ludicrous
okay

marvelous

- The more dangling objects a person is wearing, they more powerful they are.

- This horse is unable to move its head or neck.

- Jesus Christ

> being this autistic
It's a thread for magicians wearing colorful, eye-catching outfits and you come in here to nit-pick pro-normalcy?

also great; pretty sure the second one's an elf or something but whatever.

That's gotta be my next character portrait.

I've noticed a certain trend in my art. The less obvious magic going on, the less bling.

Bling carries power yo.

>It says here you're a slav, so either go squat with the rest of the knights in the chapel, or go wreck a Zmey already.
>Get out of here Boyar.

Requesting images of arabian-esque mages.

Whats more arabian than a magic lamp?

Are character art threads dead now or something?

I guess people don't have enough wizards.

I would totally believe this man if he told me he could do real magic.

That is really nice art, but the copy-pasted eye symbol irritates me. It's like one of those Chinese mystery pistols with Belgique pasted all over one side.

bump

> despite nothing magical happening in the image
All this art's really nice though, so I ain't even mad.
I'm surprised it hasn't been archived yet.

Just a few decades ago, his attire was the norm of all respectable men.

Hey that's that bitch from avolon code.
It was a fun game.

What if you have, like, a Court Wizard to the king, and he's absolutely covered in bling. Chains, and jewels, and scrolls, and stuff. And he's obviously a great and powerful wizard, but you can't get anything from him because he's obviously working on the higher truths of the universe...

And then one day he has to prove his shit and it turns out he's a shitty, low-level wizard who bluffed his way to the top.

Yes, but when the war came, all green dye was appropriated by the army to use in their uniforms. Forced out of the green plaid suits that they had known and loved for so long, the humbled suit-giants were forced to adopt suits of funeral black, to symbolize the loss of their virility.
I wear a pin-stripe navy blue three piece, and pretend that it's the same. Some days I actually believe it. But some nights I find myself standing, staring at the verdant forests surrounding my mansion, naked but for a bottle of Jameson's finest whiskey. I look at the green that I have lost, and I cry like a child.