Fancy dice

You can only play with one color of Signature Dice, which is it going to be?

Am I the only one that thinks that they're all sorta hideous?

As someone who owns Shadow/gold, I can say that it's really hard to read the pips in dim light. I'd probably use Sky Blue/white because it looks the easiest to read. If I can only use one set of dice I want my GM to easily see what I've rolled from across the table, and not have to get up and peer over the table just to make sure I really did get a natural 20.

FINE user, you get to choose from the Gemini dice.

Gamescience.

Failing that I think I would like the black and orange vortex dice.

I sometimes like to buy a dice set for characters I like to play. I bought royal purple and gold dice for my 3.PF royal bastard paladin. I also bought japanese kanji d10s for my japanese WoD character (my storyteller(who can't read kanji) trusts me because I'm not a faggot[well, I'm not a cheater at any rate])

I have bought dice for characters in games we stopped playing, which sucks

Orange black
>nice contrast
>legible from across a table without being too loud

That electric yellow/green in the bottom row is hard to even look at.

Dark Blue/Green

>Hydra Dominatus

game science dice are the worst dice I've ever bought.

Maybe I made a purchasing mistake, but I bought 2 sets of opaque dice and half the dice have casting errors in them. But if your's work, then that's cool. Maybe I'm just unlucky and got the throwout dice on accident.

Thanks Doc

It is possible you got bad dice. The guy who owns Gamesicence, Zocchi, had to bail out of a contact with his last manufacturer because they weren't making his dice up to his standards. He has recently been selling them again and they should be great. I know my dice have always been great.

Ah, whatever. I've never found dice that I could call 'unbalanced' definitively(mostly because I don't fucking care enough to roll them the 1000s of times it would take to be sure). Also, my older, straight laced DM told me not to use them, maybe because he thought the name "game science" sounded fishy and he used to run 100s of pathfinder society tables full of terrible powergamers and probably a cheater or two.

I already only play with Nebula Black/White

Purple/gold.

White with black dots or some similarly easy to read scheme

Shadow/Gold is my set yo.

Light green/gold. It reminds me of the Holy Materia from FF7.

That said, I'm refusing to buy any dice but GameScience for a while.

I play with my set of bison horn, a gift from my girlfriend.

I've used blueblood for my SM dice since 4th ed.

They are unlucky as shit but my superstitious self can't get new ones for my army.

Obligatory 'use every part of the buffalo' joke

I have grown to ALWAYS pick pink for dice/sleeves/mats. No one steals pink.

I think the Marble the black/white Nebula one look good, but the rest are 'eh' at best.

Already do, electric yellow/green.

would settle for astral blue/white/red tho

I've got a set of the Copper/Steel. Very pretty.

Cirrus.

frosted, please.

Frosted teal and white.

Nebula Black/White, but only because Nebula are the only ones pictured that are transparent (and I have it on Veeky Forumss authority that transparent dice are better), and of the two I like the Black better than the Blue

Red wooden dice with painted gold pips

Purple/Gold of course

Pound-O-Dice

Like I would ever play with fucking Chessex dice.

I bought a ton a few years ago. All of good quality. They do have small imperfections along the edges sometimes because of how the molds work, but Chessex dice have those, too, they just grind them down. They don't change the probability as long as they are small, whereas grinding does.

> You can only play with one color of Signature Dice, which is it going to be?
Good fucking god. They look ugly together.

Nebula Black/White, I guess.

No.

> a dice set for characters I like to play
Yeah. I thought about it too: orange/black dice for techie character, purple/gold for Cthulhu cultist.

>Ah, whatever. I've never found dice that I could call 'unbalanced' definitively(mostly because I don't fucking care enough to roll them the 1000s of times it would take to be sure).
I used to not really care that much. I mean, if your dice are a bit unbalanced and you don't know about it (or which way they're unbalanced), then does it really make much difference? Then after I saw folks discussing the problems with Chessex dice balance, I decided to test one of mine. It was so far off that I've had to revise my stance. You can't have a die that rolls half as many 20s as it should and think it's okay. Unfortunately, that means that upwards of $500 of dice I've collected over the years (decades, really) have been invalidated, since the vast majority of the dice I have are Chessex.

I ordered a bunch of d16s well before that particular kerfuffle and maybe 1 out of 8 were flawed, with a concave side like the mold didn't quite get filled all the way, for instance. That's an alarmingly high percentage, though I have to say that I've been quite satisfied with the other ones, well the ones that aren't ugly colors, anyway.

I've been thinking about buying a bunch of Gamescience dice to replace my apparently shitty Chessex ones, but I have a color scheme in mind and I'm apparently being too autistic about it to find what I want. Instead of getting dice that with vertical color schemes (that is to say, the same color dice from d4s to d20s), I'd like to have horizontal themes, so that, for instance, all my d10s are the same color, making them easier to distinguish. I'd use them as table dice for the games I run, so that everybody would be using the same pool of dice.

But I want colors that work well together and use the same scheme. I have trouble with Gamescience translucents because there aren't enough of them that are easily legible as most of them are entirely too see-through with too little color.

continued...

continued
The problem I have with the Gamescience opaques is that I'd like for my dice have either all white numbering or all black numbering, but I come up one short, at least once I eliminate dice that are too hard read or ugly colors like beige.

For tabletop I just use whatever, but when I play cee lo I always use the steel/blue Gemini dice.

Proud owner of Chessex Marble. Dunno why the ones in OP's pic look so ugly, but mine are fabulous.
I may buy Game Science gem dice soon, if not a full set at least a couple of 20s, because the chessex ones DO seem to roll a little on the low side. I haven't sat down to actually roll a fuckload and write down the results, but I've had them for about a year now and I've noticed the tendency during gameplay.