Welcome to d20Station

Welcome to d20Station.

BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below. Click "Ok", or place the ip into your browser.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
alt: byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

BYOND account registration link: secure.byond.com/Join
Without an account you can still join but you will only be able to join as either a hobo or a tourist. People without an account reported difficulty joining the server and maintaining connection, get an account.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

Other information can be found on the wiki. robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/2284/

reminder the wiki is ded because of you, the players

remember the server is dead because of you, the admins
I'm joking of course bby pls no bully.

if I could spoof the player count with a bunch of greytide AI I would
it would become the station desperately trying to hold out against and endless greytide

Was it you who said they had a very basic actual greytide AI that would go around getting weapons and whacking any players in range?

he was trying to get it tacticool
but all it needed was the basics to be expanded upon

Can children be cloned yet?

they've always been able to be

No, they would end up cloned as adults but fucked up spacing

ah I see what you mean, supposedly part of that was fixed.
currently having a bit of a dialogue with emiko about it

cloning and ages are an interesting subject, since dna does not contain your age.
really it seems like aging would be based on how long you're left in the tube, which would result in people making people into children just because its faster, or making them very young adults only.

perhaps some sort of setting on the tube to allow you to grow them to certain ages

s-summer will save the server
r-right?

ss13 itself has a low amount of people right now due to recent releases mostly I think

but the answer is probably yes regardless

though with a lot of the direction of the automation things being worked on theres a good chance it'll drag some more /egg/heads into it again

>trying to get into ss13
>get friends signed up for it
>barely fighting through the interface and basic controls
It's incredibly fascinating though, even with no idea what we're doing

How bad should we feel about getting assigned to jobs we don't understand at all and asking other players for help?

dont feel bad at all, everyone was at that stage early on
and that'll happen for most every job as you learn the game further

I'm glad *moan sfx was added, it greatly improves my child experience

I posted this in a thread last week but that thread died with one reply.

When I did some stuff for surgery I noticed augs get some flat reduction on damage (-7 brute, -5 burn). Carbons don't have this option so my idea was to add 6 more blocks to the structural enzyme.
Every block covers a different limb and depending on the value of the block you can get a total of 7 damage reduction. Currently there's 8 "sub-blocks" within the active part of these blocks. The sub-blocks cover the top half of the value and have some room between them.
Depending on the active sub-block you can get 0 burn reduction and 7 brute reduction, 1 burn reduction and 6 brute reduction, etc.. An uneven maximum ensures that there's no "best" option since you can't go for 50/50.

This same setup can be used for genetically determined allergies later on.

Thoughts?

sounds interesting, though difficult to understand.

Summer Soon

when?

The whole "summer will save it" myth holds no water. Each day a maximum of three people play on it. Three. In the dead of winter the server had 20.

It's not dying, it's dead.

mangle is a shit mechanic and the reason I don't play anymore

Does this help?

Got to agree, mangle is pretty shit and ruins any round without a medical crew doing shit.

Hopefully they learn like they did from the fucking unending carp attacks and remove it.

>was thinking about the Cargorio content that's being worked on
>realise slightly autistic shit like having the automated creation of filled plasma canisters is possible
>canister is created from mined metal and placed in a connector
>refined plasma is put in an airtight room where an electric welder melts it into gas
>vents in the room pump it into the canister
>never again do we need to order plasma to refuel the engine
It'll be better than the other station's lel infinite gas rooms.

ok but which digit is it
the second or the third

most of that is actually possible to right now, and has been for well over a year
sheets of plasma tossed into a hot room without oxygen, scrubbered out into tanks and cooled
admittedly though, the only reason its not possible right now, is because i dont think i made it so plasma ore itself would melt, or otherwise be processed from ambient temperature, and i really should get around to that.

Mostly the first and the second

It would take me two hours to remove mangle, if that's what people want.

Well I personally don't like it very much but if other's are fine with it I say leave it in.

At worst it's just a pain in the ass having that little bit of extra (effectively) unrepairable damage in lowpop rounds.

it's fucking terrible
>lmao unhealable damage if you get touched by anything

I thought mangle had a fairly high damage threshold needed to appear, like taking 15 damage or more at once

15 is fairly high?
I got it simply from being shocked by a door/grille or fighting carp.

fairly high in the scope of normal combat
getting hit with rods or a wrench or floor tiles or anything else that's a decent makeshift weapon wouldn't do much, same as accidentally hitting yourself with something

maybe 20 is a better guess but then that would make getting spear gored not do any lasting damage. Mangle was more in mind for huge damage like gunshots.
the answer is not to just scrap it as soon as one or two anons complain about it don't jump to conclusions so fast
it just needs tweaking so during normal non-combative gameplay it's not intrusive.

Maybe, but if people find the entire concept anti-fun then I feel it's best to just scrap it. So far I'm not seeing anyone liking mangle as a damage type, myself included.

strawpoll.me/10196374

I know me and Nernums were discussing damage thresholds on limbs before an injury occurred that would do varying debuffs, and slowly heal, accelerated by medical care (faster with proper, slower with ghetto).

Not sure why he changed his mind to go with the mangle damage thing, anyways. It strikes me as the worst bits of baymed (permanent detriment that must be repaired in a very specific way), with none of the fluff of baymed (The bicycle horn is lodged in the wound!)