CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

WE CAN'T STOP HERE
THIS IS BAT COUNTRY

who are your top 10 CYOA authors?

I have some ideas for CYOA, with some planning notes, but early tests are showing I am absolutely grade A dogshit at anything involving graphic design of these things. Are there any tips/tricks for making my CYOA look prettiful?

a) there are tutorials in the pastebin to get you started

b) there are some text-based CYOA's, even if they aren't well received. If you are plainly untalented in the visual arts, you'll still be able to release a text version.

In no particular order:

Overlord (for Wasteland Legend)
Highlander
SDA
Sockminster
Beri
Shellspine
Chutzpah
Box Wine
Mars Colony-user
MyRoid-user

Practice is the best. But as far as specific tips:

Use something along the lines of Image > Transform > Resize (That is, use dropdown menu resizing instead of just dragging a selection area. It will be higher quality. The specifics on what to do depend on your editor).
Only resize to the same aspect ratio. Otherwise your image will be really tall or wide.
Make all your images uniform size. Since I just ruled out distorting them, use the crop tool on them.
Image borders make things look nicer. Maybe throw on an outer glow or drop shadow if you're using a nice enough editor.
Make the options spaced evenly. It helps.
Try to give options roughly the same amount of text.
Avoid colors that are too crazy and hard to look at.
Try for images of similar style.
Try to avoid images with white backgrounds (unless they all have them, in which case you get a matching bonus)
Save as PNG when you want to post it.
While editing, save as your editor's default type (or PNG if using something like MS Paint). Never save an in-progress file as JPEG.
Do not make a CYOA > 1200px in width. Have all the height you want, though (max is 10,000px if you still want to upload it on-site).

That's just tips off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed a bunch.

Aha, thank you very much. I will try these things out.

Do you guys want to crowdfund my CYOA for early access?

>losing a battle only "knocks out" a Pokémon
>just take them to a Pokécenter and heal them
Oh god I'm gonna have so much rough sex with unconscious Pokébabes... and they won't even be sore after.

Does anybody save old image versions of cyoas for no real reason, or is it just me?

wow thats the first time ive seen my name on one of these lists

>Posts WiP's
Like this?
I don't actually know if I want to keep them. It'll depend on how many I can come up with.

>memefunding
No.

>CYOA Stuff
-Will make my CYOA
Aoi-chan a best, plus my self esteem is killing any progress on making my own.
-Quality
-Replayability
-Balance

>Author Stuff
-My Fetish
-Lewdposting
-Lewd CYOAs
-Is a Girl
-Is Hot

>Drawbacks
-Shitposts
-Like a Moth to Flame
Most of the other choices guarantee this anyway
-Posts WIPs

Making the author a hot girl certainly isn't necessary and I could've spent the points improving her CYOAs a bit but I already covered the parts necessary for me and, hey, it's about the fantasy.

The only ones I've done it for was Harem Master and Magical Girl. Harem Master turned to shit and borderline generic after the death cards got nerfed into something that didn't make people so butthurt. And the original Magical Girl was much better in than the .pdf, ultra-serious, mechanics-focused abomination we see today.

House Saturn (+1 Force, +3 Inhuman or Physical)

Allure 2
Elusive 0 (It's pretty hard to sneak when you're a dinosaur.)
Force 6
Study 1
Threat 3

Perks:

Class:
1 Music (Arena Rock Guitar)

Inhuman:
8 Inhuman Form
6 Inhuman Attribute (Force)
8 Size: 13 Feet Tall
1 Animal Cock
1 Giant Cock
1 Extra Cock (Well, I am a reptile.)

-5 Binding Vulnerability [Instincts: Wherever I go I must rape, Can't share meat or girls, Can't back down from a fight]
-3 Monster (I'm a dinosaur all the time)

Mental:
-2 Addiction: Meat!

Physical:
2 Survival Training

Social:
1 Friendly (I'm a dinosaur! Everyone's gonna love me.)
-2 Enemy
1 Lesser Enemy (Vesta: I ate her prize-winning race horse, then rode her instead.)

Sensual:
-2 Nymphomania
-3 Sadism

Mysteries:

Dryad's Blessing (I'm all-natural! Plus, dino chase scene.)
Rising Star (I'm gonna be loved for this one.)
Magical Girl (Fighty-time!)

As a sentient Rape-a-saur, I'm going to be a big hit on campus. Except with all the girls and cooks. Going to spend my time eating steak in the cafeteria, chasing girls (literally), and practicing with my band, Jurassic Rock.

I don't understand where you're trying to go with this, unless you just rage whenever people post WIP.

I mean, just posting WIP and saying "Working on this trolololo, posting in a few months" is annoying, but most of the WIP-posting I've seen is "Hey, this is where this is, looking for comments and ideas to make it better", which seems like a reasonable thing to do to me.

I can't even think of 10 authors I like, let alone my favorites.

>1: ItalicsAnon
>2:
>3: Highlander
>4: SDA

There's your answer.

Billy?
>Here.
Jonathan?
>Here.
Steven?
>Here.
Rape-a-Saurus?
>GWAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!
>*ahem* Excuse me!
>Here.
Mitchell?
>Here.

Secret page fucking when?

All rape and pillaging aside the academy seems like bullshit shenanigan central.

>Mars Colony-user
Tunebuggy, user.
Her name is Tunebuggy, and she's too good for this hell-hole.
>tfw you will never post with Tunebuggy

>CYOA stuff (40 points spent)
05 - Responds well
05 - Balance
05 - Great Graphics
05 - Quick
10 - Quality
05 - Replayability
05 - Updates

>Personal stuff (35 points spent)
05 - Is hot
05 - Likes anal
05 - No sleep
10 - NEET
10 - Lewd CYOAs

>Drawbacks (25 points extra)
+10 - Gross fetish
+10 - Like a moth to flame
+05 - Wrong genre

I tried to be as unselfish as possible - it was hard! Attractive, mature, considerate, exciting, well-rounded, prolific, financially independent, and insanely talented... go out into the world, and have a good life with my blessing. Even if your fetish is fucking gross and you secretly love quietly causing mass internet drama.

1. Overlord
2. SDA
3. Kit
4. Beri

That's all I got.

>tfw you posted with Tunebuggy and complimented all her CYOAs when user couldn't.

Highlander is my number one, if only because his autism and passion for his CYOA make me smile.

Grace (19)
Immunity(17)
Regeneration(15)
Sustenance(13)
RPG (11)
Speed Learner (9)
Discipline (8)
Heightened senses (7)
Mastery (Computer Science, 6)
Google Glasses (4)
10/10 (3)
Charm (2)
Sex Factor (0)

>Suggestions
>Mind reading
>Shadow
>Google glasses
>Threat detection
>Gender swapping
>Regeneration
>Sustenance
>Photographic memory
>Late bloomer

And then I chill, I can do whatever I want as long as I don't get people's attention. I'll probably just keep shadow on permanently unless I need to interact with people and if I'm spotted I can shapeshift.

Don't ruin my fantasy of Tunebuggy being pure and never having received compliments before.
I want to take her headpatting-virginity.

>mfw reading this shit

/t/hirsty vir/g/ins...

I never bothered to learn names,I think I should tho :/

Same here. I collect my favorites, but I have no idea who made them.

Well, except the ones I made, but those don't count.

I'm mostly just joking around, I have no idea how serious the other guy is.

I like it. Not the rape part, but the references as to how each House interacts with the other.
It makes it feel "alive", like you know what will happen if you join House A rather than House B.
post your favorites, then. We'll find out who you have a crush on.

Sometimes I feel like its because I dont see the name enough

Maybe they should place it someone in their cyoa,like "XYZ TITLE HERE cyoa (by CyoaExpertDude)" or in the bottom corner (creator,date)

>House Neptune (+1 Allure, +3 Sensual/Social points)

>Allure - 1 (Neptune House Bonus)
>Elusive - 6 (+1 from Inhuman Attribute)
>Force - 0
>Study - 5
>Threat - 0

>Inhuman Attribute (Elusive) (4/10)
>Unliving (0/10)
>Guardian (Neptune House Bonus) I'd have gone with Innocence for the effective willpower, but I'm a cynical, distrusting bastard at heart, so it'd just be a waste of points.

>Dorm Raid
>Magical Girl
>Restricted Section

I just want to get by with my ass being as safe as possible, but I might as well put my talents to some use while I'm at it. Secret page fucking when?

Right then. Starting out: Beri: I know he's pretty frickin' prolific, and at least accepts the more /d/eviant population here without necessarily catering to us.

All he cares about is his work, and I can respect that.

Grace
Gender Swapping
Down Under
Beauty
Stamina
Regeneration
Durability
Immunity
Sustenance
Discipline
RPG
Speed Learner
Shadow

Late Bloomer
Vulnerable

I liked this one. I felt like the points were right at the level where I had to make some pretty tough choices to get exactly what I wanted. I had First Class up till the very end, but I figured Shadow could cover almost all the same ground.

If I can choose the Late Bloomer order, it'd start with Immunity, Regeneration, and Sustenance. Then the mental powers along with the non-pink physical ones. Then finally Grace and the appearance improving powers and Shadow. I chose Gender Swapping so I could have some fun but also because it's the closest the powers get to shapechanging. Combined with Beauty I should have a lot of options in terms of who I want to be.

Full hedonism mode.

>CYOA stuff (10 points spent)
10 - Success

>Personal Stuff (55 points spent)
05 - Is hot
05 - Monstergirl (fapfetish, human appearance, cool powers mite b cool)
05 - Likes anal
10 - My fetish
05 - No sleep
10 - NEET
15 - Roommate

>Drawbacks (15 points extra)
10 - Like a moth to flame
05 - Wrong Genre

They make money off their guaranteed-successful CYOAs, which they need neither rest nor nourishment to create. Hot sex-slave-style monstergirl with a fully mastered bedroom repertoire and a full-blown case of my fetish who lives with me. They like causing shitstorms "accidentally" and don't pander to my preferred CYOA genre, but who cares at this point? Just keep servicing my sexual needs and pumping out money, bitch.

Symbiote 1/2

I'm also a big fan of power-armor, enough to be working on a reskin at the moment, but I don't think I'll be posting that one today.

Ded game and all...

... You forgot to make the author female, user.

Symbiote 2/2

>Not the rape part
Seems like a pretty big part, senpai.

>Symbiote
Wonder where that guy making another symbiote CYOA is.

GG No Re

And, no, Monstergirl doesn't count. Otherwise,you could make them a girl for half the cost. It's a monsterboy.

Can you counterspell a counterspell? How does counterspell works if you take it via Inherent Magic?

That's pretty gay though

Solar Inheritor 1/2

This one had a brief but fun explosion of popularity. It practically demands PvP but unfortunately can't support such activity.

Still a good CYOA though.

Rules as written, fool. Who's to say the author doesn't consider a pure-blooded human female to be worth twice as much as a monstergirl? In any case, bisexual master race.

Solar Inheritor 2/2

If that's what helps you sleep at night.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the rape, I'm a fan of how the options interact with each other.
Here

I just think this one's neat for the alloy system. If I knew how to image, I would make a game exploring that mechanic more thoroughly.

Loved that CYOA. Even the really fucking weird Dungeon Masters were pretty fun.

v1.1 of Crownquest:
Fixed Dark Elves having 1 less stat point
Changed wording of Marcher Men
Changed names of 2 of the Orc's Racials
Fixed some spelling errors
Fixed Saelenys having the wrong element type
Added extra requirement for marriage

Nobility 1/2

U want wish fulfillment? Go with this one. Be homeboys with the King of Nowhere

Nobility 2/2

That's it for the favorites from the Budget-mechanics Folder.

Well, there is the Dream Prince one. It took Angelanon's idea and ran it for a 96-yard touchdown. I don't think I'll post it yet until after I get through the "Pick X" mechanics.

So wait, where do we choose our gender? Did I miss that section? Or do we just go in with our real-life gender? I'm kind of confused.

I don't tend to save "Pick X" type games. Mostly My favorite author, Liminal Phrenic. Not eve Beri's games. If I want to replay Beri's, I'll go find his drive folder through the pastebin.

Those are the only two whose handles I know for sure.

I do like this one.

>Marquise

>Habitable World
>Cities
Free
>Mines
Free
>Spaceport
>Hypernet Node
>Orbital defenses
>Construction yards
>Subterranean Cities

>Moon (Habitable)
>Mines
Free
>Cities
Free
>Spaceport
Free

>Star (Sunlike)
>Antimatter Station

>Dreadnought
>Hyperflux Shields
>Teleport Bay
>Hospital
>Point Defense Turrets
>EMP Beam
>Anti-Cloaking Array
>Integrated Jump Gate
>Drone Hanger
>Drop Pods
>Onboard Constructors
>Siege Weaponry
>Planet Destroyer Weapon
>Armoured Regiment
>Antigrav Packs
>All-Environment Proofing
>Size Increase (10,000)

>Self-Repairing Vehicles
>Anti-Ageing Serum
>Industrial Antimatter

>Princess Theia

Everyone knew something wasn't quite right with her from a young age. But what could they do about it? She was the Princess' favorite cousin! They played together as children! Why not just stick her on a populated, but out of the way planet and forget about it? 15 Years later the population of the world of Temnaya Ten' and it's moon live deep in underground cities. Under Marquise Valeria Procula's iron fist, the whole society has been practically enslaved and is devoted to mining and building The Marquise's personal army, including one of the largest ships ever built and exhausting her planet's resources. The force may be impractical, but is truly terrifying to behold. Her obsession, strange as it may be, has at least led to the disappearance of pirates in the sector. Now that Princess Theia's grown and is looking for allies in her quest to become Empress, her estranged former playmate may yet be an even greater service to the galaxy.....

Fuck this is cool. Trying really hard to come up with any dungeon layout other than the square, though.

Ah, gotta produce them heirs. The most important aspect of any royal marriage.

I sure hope you're the author, otherwise it's essentially butthurt vandalism. Again, I'm happy with furryboy, but if that doesn't float your boat:

+05 - Posts WIPs

See? That wasn't hard.

Dream Prince 1/6

erm, I thought I'd have more good Pick X ones, but I posted most of them when I posted Liminal Phenic's last time. I haven't seen Dream Prince in a while, though.

I think this is Dr. Divergent, and Bliss turned it into Power Armor, but I could be wrong.
Spadesy
SDA
You learn how to make a CYOA by making a CYOA
Probably Spadesy, too. When in doubt, it's Spadesy.
>Dream prince
His name is on it. Can't remember it, though.
It's pretty clear you don't swap your dingdong for a fanny
>You are a new student
Not, "your character"
>If you are a girl
That's where you say "no"

Dream Prince 2/6

Dream Prince 3/6

Uh, I can't post this one. Somehow it got bigger after I downloaded it?

My opinion is that any CYOA that doesn't specify that your character's gender matches your own has an implied gender choice. Just like every character creator in every crpg ever. When I load up Morrowind Socucius Ergalla doesn't make sure I'm actually female in real life.

>Girl (Futa)
>House Juno (because bitch breaking lesbian dominatrix sounds right up my alley)

>Attributes
Allure 3
Elusive 1
Force 1
Study 2
Threat 4

>Perks and Flaws

>Dominant
Intimidating

>Inhuman
Extra Cock
Giant Cock
Inhuman Lust
Venom x2 (aphrodisiac and (since there is no real restrictions on the mutations) substance that changes the subject to a cute futa girl with all the same inhuman traits as I)

>Social
Authority (Futa Club president)
Clique (Futa Club)
Lesser Enemy

>Sensual
Cute
Compulsive Masturbation
Nymphomania

>Mysteries
Discipline Committee Election
Rapture Herald
Rising Star

>Enemy
Someone from House Medusa is a monster or working with a monster (big surprise) to make me choose a career in sex work.

Fuck bitches, take names, spread the futavirus. Heil Futadom!

Dream Prince 4/6

This is pretty awesome. Only nitpick I have is that you should think about offering 2 classes instead of just 1. Make the second one have to give up 2 skills, both abilities or 1 skill and 1 ability to make the choice interesting. I like this more than Ordion so you must be doing something good.

Wow, this is cool as shit. Would be nice if there were some options on shit to go fight with it afterwards, though.

Dream Prince 5/6

Dream Prince 6/6

... Should I stop here, or post the lewder ones, too?

Go for it.

Then why bother asking when you already decided that's how you want it to be?

SDA was planning on integrating it with all his future CYOA (a Battlemage update and a Dark Souls one being most immediate.)

But then Dark Souls 3 came out.

Do it.

Right then.

Magical Intersex Turboslut just makes me laugh. Could have more of a focus on sluttery, but what can you do?

I think those two might be different anons.

Yeah someone made a point that Ordion was kind of a weird and limited thing in that the skills kind of were unequal like with time manipulation at the same level as intimidating or persuading someone, the companions being limited to factions, the racial abilities not really making sense if they're separated, and how it was a crapsack world with some humour here and there.

I heard there's a sequel of this in development hell, but from what I've seen I prefer this version better.

This is probably my favorite lewd.

I really like the idea of turning into a succubus for some reason.

SL user seems to make it a rule to only post the SFW versions of his work on the board, so I'll follow that rule here. Find the like to the version with pictures in the pastebin

Thank you for genderlocking our marriage options, Ordion user. It's always good to see a fantasy world cyoa forcing cunts on me instead of staying vague.