Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Ushoran Da Best Edition

Remember to ignore or report shitposters and off-topic discussion.

Previous thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age

>Total War: Warhammer (Now confirmed to have mod support!)
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide (Drachenfels DLC confirmed!)
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned (New Warbands in production!)
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2 (More races on the way!)
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War (First patch out, improved world plus Orc/Pirate ports, raids, and Khorne/Beastmen)
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
Google "Unsupported Age", because we can't link blogs here.

BE'LAKOR

>that black leviathan
spooky

it all still looks kind of stiffy

If making a cathay army, would it be offensive to include things based on things typically found in Japan? The bird men mentioned in tamurkhan seem cool, but they're japanese not Chinese. Also, ninjas are Japanese yet skaven fluff mentions eshin learned part of their skills in cathay.

>soldier wears breastplate backwards
>wings too small to support even half the weight if that body
*sigh*
why can't awesome conversions be 100% awesome? why settle for 75%?

*screaming_with_rocks.jpg*

in popular culture, including Veeky Forums, there's no "chinese" and "japanese", there's "asian"

> SCREAMING
> WITH ROCKS

Eshin aren't JUST ninja.

The Chinese Imperial Court was a fucking CLUSTERFUCK of plotting and rivalries, assassinations and forged documents. More so Cathay due to Tzeentch influence.

So Eshin most likely learned plotting and manipulation beyond that of other Skaven in Cathay. The dressing in black and indetected assassinations from Nippon.

Also, Chinese folklore hard bird people. Every culture has. Peng for example are fish/birds.

If you want to include things found in Japan then just do a Nippon army and go watch an amazing film called Ran.
For Cathay you want monks, terracotta magical constructs and Chinese dragons.

I think that last part is just a reference to the importation of the martial arts from China to Japan. I wouldn't read too much into it.

there's but one good thing that came out of AoS
the SCREAMING WITH ROCKS meme, to counter Bel'akor, the Second Shittiest Character After Archaon

oh, and Slaughterpriest model. two good things.

But the slaughterpriest model looks like someone who was stretched out on a torture rack?

Ushoran being alive, 3 things.

Some people like the Fantasy Orks. I guess you can give them that.

The slap in the face to 40k when they put the Sigmarine out front instead of the Space Marine, if you're a console wars type.

We wouldn't be getting all these awesome video games thanks to GW's full retard "video games are a fad that compete with model sales" belief.

So six things.

That's kind of the point.

So the model was designed to look like a retard with gigantism? Well it is GW...

rather someone who got infused with divine rage so much he grew in height to be above the masses and lead them by example

this is going where I think it's going?
Nobody expects Estalian Inquisition!

Well, it is Khorne.

You'd rather he was pretty?
He's a big barbarian swollen and stretched by the power of Chaos.

> Looks at Valkia the Bloody
> Then looks at Skarr Bloodwrath and Skullgrinder

SQUAD BROKEN

Skullgrinder is cool.

I didn't like many of the new models, he had a cool helmet though.

I like most of the Khorne stuff.

Some of the stuff is good. The models are very detailed and have strong poses. However much of it is over the top in a bad way. It is very cartoonish and too much like Warmachine stuff. Also everything looks pretty mono pose.

Honestly, the standard Chaos Warrior style is much better as well.

Thanquol had just such a rat ogre, though I don't believe it had horns.

So Eshin are the preeminent assassins of skavendom.

However, skaven are known for two things: smelling worse than open sewers, and excellent senses of smell.

Does this mean that Clan Eshin defends the secret technique of bathing so that targets don't smell you sneaking up?

This.

Round base and taken up to 11=not Warhammer.

More like coating yourself in special oils that block odor from traveling far, without greasing uo hands or feet.

>However much of it is over the top in a bad way.

I like over the top stuff for Chaos. It's always something they've strived for in the art.

>Also everything looks pretty mono pose.

Heroes typically have been throughout warhammer. In terms of possability the Blood Warriors trump Chaos Warriors or Chosen.

Eshin are known to go a long way to rid themselves of smell, even going as far as to have their scent glands removed.

>Round base and taken up to 11=not Warhammer.

How dare you.

Survey time!-

I'm making Ogre Maneaters that are cowboys (dual pistol). However, I can't scrape together the points to take them the vast majority of the time. How many people would object to me using them as Leadbelchers? How many TO's would object?

Chaos art has either been hulking behemoths/piles of horrifying mutation, with nothing recognizable as having ever been human underneath or as something straight out of a Cronenburg movie.

The Age Chaos stuff just looks like shitty 90's comics. In fact, if you add a Katana and some pouches to them they are indistinguishable from a Rob Liefeld or Jom Lee antihero.

>Chaos art has either been hulking behemoths/piles of horrifying mutation, with nothing recognizable as having ever been human underneath

Chaos is heavy metal warriors.

>Wearing helmet
>wearing gauntlets
>wearing greaves
>wearing boots
>not wearing breastplate
>not wearing anything on his torso

This is a fuckin' retarded model.

Heavy METAL.

All they did in the new Khornate stuff is shit that was best left in the 90's.

I mean this literally, the new Khornates ARE this character. Right down to the cannibalism.

Hey look, found the Valkia redesign.

Not wearing practical attire does not make a model retarded.

No, it makes the character it is portraying retarded.

Making it incredibly unfortunate and displeasing if they are not.

It may as well be a football helmet.

You're just jealous you can't have gains that are bad enough to get you a 4+ save.

We're talking about models, user.

Crunch is cheap in a traditionally OP faction.

>Heavy METAL

Yeah, heavy metal.
Half naked Barbarian is very common.

>No, it makes the character it is portraying retarded.

Right, so maybe it's portraying a barbarous blood crazed mad man. Maybe it's actually a good portrayal of a barbarous blood crazed mad man. Maybe the model is not so much retarded as it is good.

>Right, so maybe it's portraying a barbarous blood crazed mad man.

Except he's wearing heavy armor on literally every inch of his body EXCEPT his torso. Don't try to rule of conan this.

Armor is not binary, you can have some and not all or nothing.

Post real metal.

Not babby's Alternative.

It literally looks like pic related.

It looks like a parody.

I would, but the flying sawblade dragon cycles haven't been added yet.

This may actually be better, since they're just wearing the helmets.

Helmets, pauldrons, bracers, and greaves.

Seriously, the only difference is pants.

Not over the topic like this. There was a hint of realism grounded into the things they did.

Like I said this stuff is over the top like a campy 80s movie. That is fine that you like it, but it wasn't what WFB was about and hence the great dislike among other players.

True Fantasy is pretty damn metal. In fact, it isn't really anything else other than Classic Metal and Thrash Metal.

Age is odd, like nuMetal mixed with some Alternative and Electronic.

>Not over the topic like this.

Yes over the top like this. Chaos is king of over the top. Look at

That's the problem.

Chaos has an established aesthetic. These new guys are only a shadow of it.

Its a shitty redesign that got rid of everything that was appealing in the original. Like pic related.

>Its a shitty redesign

I'm not seeing it.
The new guys really don't deviate from any classic designs, half naked barbarian has been part of Chaos for decades.

It just doesn't look like a Warhammer miniature.

Its an Age miniature, but it doesn't fit into a Fantasy army.

>It just doesn't look like a Warhammer miniature.

I think it does.
A successor to the marauder and champion of Khorne styles.

Zacharias was never part of the devoted Nagash worshippers unlike Melkhior who gleefully wanted to turn the world into a nightmarish hellscape of death.

I mostly just think thst they made them too beefy.

He's actually evenly armored and fits on a square infantry base.

Easiest way to notice the difference is in the weapons, Warhammer weapons have always been over the top in size but the amount of shit on AoS weapons and detail is huge and the blades on the swords are far too large.

That realism has never been a standard with Chaos Warriors. You're thinking of the more humble looking 6'th edition Chaos Warriors. The plastic Chaos Warriors before that were awkward hunchbacks that makes Age of Sigmar look slick.

This one is nice.

Age of Sigmar is basically modern video game aesthetics. Kinda like what you would see in a MMO or a MOBA.

>He's actually evenly armored

He is not, he's got a bear chest, back and neck. He wear's one gauntlet and has mostly bear arms.

>Easiest way to notice the difference is in the weapons

I feel that depends as well, Chaos has many flashy weapons.

It's a WHFB version of Kharn the Betrayer. What's not to like?

Tell you what.

Prove it then.

Find an image of someone who painted him, put him on a square infantry base, and put him in rank and file with other Warriors of Chaos.

Until then, we'll agree to disagree.

>What's not to like?

Warhammer 40,000.

Whether he fits on a certain or can bled in with a unit despite him being a hero who is supposed to stand out is not relevant. This guy has never been at home with Chaos warriors of any time period, and that's okay. You can still look Chaosy.

If you don't like 40k, you don't like heavy metal album covers and is therefore not allowed to comment on Chaos aesthetics at all. It's that simple.

Chaos is more than Storm of Chaos style.
Chaos existed long before and long after this particular period.

It's probably the slickest and most dark fantasy looking one to date.

I need more barbarian horde chaos.

>Whether he fits on a certain or can bled in with a unit despite him being a hero who is supposed to stand out is not relevant.
Its the single most important thing, considering you posted him in the Fantasy thread.

If he doesn't visually belong and doesn't fit on the right base, he isn't Warhammer.

40k is Death Metal.

You know, Punk Rock that tried WAY too hard.

That's not real metal.

>all these Chaos worshippers that think they know best
>I wish I was at the battlefield killing another everchosen
>the monks hymn is too loud
>my feet hurt
>I wonder if I can eat the goblin jester?

user, just because you watched a couple of episodes of Metalocalypse doesn't mean that you get death metal.

>Its the single most important thing

Not even a little. Heroes are supposed to stand out. He can visually belong to the army as a whole. He's more similar to Marauders or the Warshrine than block of Warriors.

That's not funny.

40k literally is Bolt Thrower. Bolt Thrower was paid for by Games Workshop to be the sound of 40k.

Bolt Thrower is not Metal. Its disorganized noise for the sake of noise. Just like Punk.

Yeah...if he doesn't fit on an Infantry base and isn't just Unit Filler, he isn't a Warriors of Chaos Warhammer hero mini.

Unless you proxy him as Archaon, or put him on a cavalry base sideways or something.

It's fine if you don't like death metal, but to be such a raging faggot as to disrespect Bolt Thrower...

Mind your step in avoiding the death metal b8.

>Yeah...if he doesn't fit on an Infantry base and isn't just Unit Filler, he isn't a Warriors of Chaos Warhammer hero mini.

Didn't say he was, because he's not. Does not mean he's not aesthetically Chaos.

This is my favourite rendition of Sigmar. Reminds me a lot of King Kull.
Although both him and Conan opted to wear the best armour whenever they could get some

Oh, and don't reply to /mu/ tier baiting.

Yea that shit is fucking sweet. I love how the modern Empire was basically just the result of Conan the Barbarian becoming King and then the rest follow in his footsteps. Eventually the stories of his badassery made him a God in everyones eyes.

Not even 'basically,' Sigmar (and to a lesser extent, the God-Emperor of Mankind) is a very direct Conan the Cimmerian reference. Admittedly, though, 40k owes more to Dune and Judge Dredd.

Warhammer used to like doing stuff like that.

Go to bed Dad

>if it doesn't conform to the way that I see Warhammer then it isn't Warhammer
>you can't add that to your own setting, it doesn't belong there!

Every fucking thread we have people whining about what's warhammer and what isn't. Was it released by GW for the game Warhammer fantasy battles? Yes? Then it's Warhammer. theres nothing wrong with having your own opinion about the way the models look or how the fluff is written, but official material is official material.

What Gauntlets?

Finally getting it together to work on this again. I intend to release cover + first page soon! Meet the twin-tailed coach

I'm not an expert on wagons but I believe that those wheels and that suspension would make that thing nightmarishly uncomfortable to ride in and prone to tipping.

NOICE GRUNTAS!!!
WE AGE OF SIGMAR NOW

Expect nothing less from the second best third rate coaching company in the Empire, and the only coach hired by the foremost witch hunting organizations for its affordability and ascetic values

> IT'S JUST LOUD NOISES
K grampa

>dom 4 hero

How do orcs nail metal onto metal? Why don't they just forge the blade with barbs instead of tacking it on?

All about component design.

Because much of orc weaponry is looted, and then made killyer.

Or forged, and then made killyer.

>Why
They aren't exactly smart.
>How
They hit it until it sticks.