Infinity General: Waiting for HSN3 Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli where it's always sleepy time. 175 years into the future and humanity is still waiting.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>Official Army Builder:
infinitythegame.com/army

>New Official Army Builder that still doesn't work properly but is slowly improving:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (so you could compare units across factions)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>Latest news is the Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity 1st edition Rulebook.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity - Corvus Belli S.L.L. - Human Sphere.pdf

>Check out Operation: Flamestrike
flamestrike.warconsole.com

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.infinitythegame.net/downloads/hsn3rules/en/v1.0/hsn3rules.pdf
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?297915-Games-Workshop-40K-Release-Timeline-(Mk-II)
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B957zKbO1rsvUkpxU0ZmeG1LTUU&usp=sharing
armymobile.infinitythegame.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Time for the age-old icebreaker:

Which Infinity unit would you join, if given the chance?

For me, it would probably be the Moderators. I'd be able to see weird shit every day, whether on the beat or on the battlefield.

Bolts, hang around with some fucking mad cunts

Posthumans, but Bolts come close because I really like the look of their armor

Lizards or maybe Geckos. Iguana a shit.

Any of the PanO TAG outfits, on account of offering pretty great survival chances, assuming your name isn't Toni.
Posthumans on account of becoming posthuman.
Bolts to look great in armor (and to never leave the barracks ;_;)

Probably something ALEPH for dat posthuman immortality/sexy greek butt. Hexas so I could be morally ambiguous James Bond and also have a really sweet coat.

Dozers.
Building cool stuff from scratch is fun.

>Moblot
>be French
>smoke space Gaulois
>baguettes, fromage, vin
>remove maghreb

Actually, how *is* the food situation for the Merovingans? I can't imagine space France without delicious food and wine (though German wines are pretty steadily overtaking French wines in quality), but the whole situation on Ariadna doesn't seem to lend itself to hedonistic indulgences.

>Good Morning. Aleph lies. There is nothing more to say at the moment

It's now a competition of who can be slower, Auspost, or -V-

Remember a lot of that food history either relates only to the upper class, which had the wealth to afford it (ie, probably the same on Merovingia even if the average citizen is ass deep in antipodes), or a question of doing more with less. Simple, available ingredients prepared well.

USAriadna grunts.
>most similar to my own culture (Canadian)
>medium infantry armour for a light infantry price
>tour Dawn and Paradiso fighting for freedom, truth and the USAriadnan way
>'merica

You forgot
>titty sweaters

in the USAriadna box the fluff piece in the book talks about Kosak cigarets being cheaper than USA ones. Cheese only requires milk, bacteria, and a place to store it. im sure the wine and cheese markets are expensive but they exist

Bagh Mari or Tikbalang pilot.

>Tikbalang pilot

Watch out for those Umbra hackers :^)

Grenzers or A hollow man if they do end existing.

Wildcats, to have power to the max.

Have two Naga with KHD as flanking partners.

Toni ;_;7

I wish ML grenzer would come out soon.

>press F to pay respect

f

IT'S UP!

IT'S FUCKING UP!

NO.
FUCKING.
WAY!!

Did the Spaniards skip their siesta or something?

any idea when the profiles are getting updated?

Dunno when the PDFs will go up, but the army builder means now tournaments this weekend are HSN3 legal.

assets.infinitythegame.net/downloads/hsn3rules/en/v1.0/hsn3rules.pdf

Nevermind, they're up.

Mabe, but the PDF (least the one I'm looking at) Skips from page 110 to 141. The sectorial lists and unit profiles are missing.

Yea I think those are for the Unit profiles, which are dead at the moment.

Oh, and there is now a Mobile version of the army builder, which you can use to keep track of everything that died, is in NWI, unconscious, and your orders and everything.

Wonder if it actually works.

Warcors did brag a few times while testing and it all was fixed, but hey some bugs can still be there.

Is there a list of release dates for existing models?
Kind of like this for 40k: warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?297915-Games-Workshop-40K-Release-Timeline-(Mk-II)

It would be useful to be able to check if an ugly model/starter is 1 year old or 10 years old before deciding on whether to suck it up and buy it or wait for a resculpt.

Time to link my favorite google drive link of all time
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B957zKbO1rsvUkpxU0ZmeG1LTUU&usp=sharing

it's the doc saying infinity release schedule

They are spaniards, not mexicans. You know Europe is far from America. Right?

Hey, it's actually pretty cool.
Now I only wonder if mobile Chrome will fuck me up by reloading the page in the middle of a game.

I know which list I'm running now. It's a shame there are already errors like the Fireteam Haris option for the karakuri being blank.

It's messy but full of information. I love it! Thanks a bunch!

Whoosh!

There is a mobile version up too. armymobile.infinitythegame.com/

Koni said that there will be a free app on Google Play soon, but no immediate release for iOS

App version is what I was going to ask about.
This whole thing has made me happy about Infinity again. I should get back to assembling my geckos.

Anyone else unable to update Army?

>One of the new scenarios is called Tic-tac-toe

» To be the only player who has three Connected Antennas
in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row at the end of the
game (4 Objective Points).
» Both players have three Connected Antennas in a horizontal,
vertical, or diagonal row at the end of the game (2
Objective Points).
» To have more Connected Antennas than the adversary at
the end of the game (3 Objective Points).
» To have at least one Connected Antenna in the enemy’s
half of the table at the end of the game (2 Objective Points).

Don't know what I was expecting.

Frelling love it. A game within the game.

I propose a toast to a new era of Infinity!

>Teutons
I want my FUCKING money back you stupid halfbreeds

Choosing worst knights was your own fault.

I'm kinda disappointed you can't Duo ORCs in Neoterra. Must have forgotten that part.

Siesta time is over, Corvus!

I chose them BEFORE CB decided they were too fucking nazi ish
And don't fucking tell they are "worst" knights you filthy haqqishit

They were worst knights before HSN3 too. The single Teuton is what stopped me from getting the MO starter.

Anyway, here's a trial two link list for NCA. Slightly... Orkier than I expected. Also probably had to go a bit polandish, I don't expect Fusiliers to capture any objectives and Bolts would contest for orders with the ORCs too much.

One Fusilier left bare to hide Lt. or swap for SpecOp if needed.

Dammit, I got the old HMG ORC to not have to get the most likely ORC box... Now I wonder if I should get the Shotgun ORC too

For fucks sake
Why are these spaniards so fucking incompetent and/or anti germanic
Filthy shitskins

how were/are Teutonic Knights bad though? they are relatively cheap for a heavy infantry with good bs though granted their profiles were/are kind of boring but Does that alone make them unusable?

They don't have HMGs, their CC role is better covered by Magister Knights (and now that you can mix Magisters with Hospitallers they got even better), the BS shooty role is better covered by Hospitallers, Nisses or ORCs (or just more expensive units, because why be cheap in PanO?) and they have Frenzy.
And AVA4 meant you couldn't even take a full link of them (unlike Santiago and Hospitallers whom you could attach Joan to). Now you can't link them at all.

Teutons were pretty bad before, now they have taken the ORC's/Bolts' place as the worst PanO unit IMO.

The EXP CCW on a profile with assault is kinda cool, the other profiles are whatever though.

even bolts? wow how can they even be fixed lmao

not him, but 36 points for a CC21 berserk unit with no MA isn't great. Sure it has 2 wounds so it'll most likely survive the return hit when using berserk (unless MA4 or something like a viral or mono CCW), but it's a lot of points to spend on melee when melee is a subpar option (especially since the teuton already has BS14).

It's sort of the same problem with the Pheasant (though it's only slightly better now) in that it has too many options for a single unit and thus becomes an expensive target. The difference is that while the Pheasant has a more-or-less better defined role in HSN3 (expensive CoC), the teuton's roles are better taken up by other units, like the Magister and Hospitallers.

Jeez, eat your kraut with less salt next time.

Having a profile actually worth taking?
Situational abilities that most of the time only inflate their cost?

Who cares about Bolts tho.

Bolts, despite their cost, at least have a purpose in being a slightly more expensive link-team option in NCA. I mean, it sounds bad when you're basically paying about 10 points extra per model for +1 BS, +1 PH +1 Arm, and +6 BTS as compared to a Fusilier link, and sure, actually using the veteran special rule means you've mostly lost already, but I would suggest that's less to do with how bad Bolts are, and how reasonably priced Fusiliers are. 10 points for a BS12 combi? That's actually good deal. Remember oh you knew this was coming: Zhanshi are 11 points for BS11

And besides, Bolts have nice models, combi+light shotgun is fun (ask Haqq players).

Bolts also make Ariadna cry because their Spetsnaz with MM2 are shooting vs BTS 6 (9 in cover), and Tohaa cry because "muh viral combis".

I'll be happy with Zhanshi once they get new sculpts and have a Sectorial where they can actually link.

Has the piece of debris Father-Knight is standing on ever been identified as a specific unit? I was wondering in hat colours should I paint it.

You can choose not to use Lvl 1 of marksmanship while still using Lvl 2, but the bioimmunity is still useful against factions which field lots of normal snipers like Ariadna/Haqq, and it will be useful with Red Furies coming on scene for higher tech forces.

Bolts are still usable, they just have competition and are a bit costly.
Teutons simply have no interesting abilities. They wouldn't be worth taking even if all the other Knights didn't exist. Remember that in PanO expensive units often have to compete with TAGs, and a Seraph delivers Spitfire pain easier and survives more than a 4-man Teuton link ever did.

I have seldom seen pano players whining like that..

looks kinda like the shoulder plate from a Gecko?

Theyre not bad. You're right, theyre super dirt cheap for a 2W BS14 model. Non-linkable doesnt hurt order efficiency too much because of how many Duo options MO got. People are just overreacting to the change.

But I'm still going to say that Teutons are still boring and not being linkable sucks. However, I wasnt interested in them before and I'm still not. So eh

Every skill is situational.

I think it's the shoulder of a Gecko

Teuton is the new Pheasant.

Shit, you're right, Maybe I should put off painting this guy until I get around to my Geckos. Though considering I'm not going to make them look very uniform maybe I could come up with something.

>You can choose not to use Lvl 1 of marksmanship while still using Lvl 2
That's weird, basically everyone have told me that it's mandatory to use MM1.

Fuck CB
Fuck you

No, he's right. Both are Optional.

Well, it caused a bit of discussion in our chat. Could you explain why it's possible, please?

Level 2 includes level one. As such, you are able to activate both of them at once, but DO NOT have to.

It's the same with Holoprojector Level 2. You CAN (and are able) to use Level 1 and 2 at once. You do not have to, though, because both skills are optional skills.

>spaniards
>anti germanic

Have they ever been?

>Every skill is situational.
Some are just more than others, if that's the way you want to look at things.

First, all skills are optional, you're never forced to use a skill, it's just almost always beneficial to.

Secondary, the bioimmunity shock mechanic only works when shock is the -only- ammo type happening. If there are two ammo types (in this case, shock and normal for spetsnaz HMG, since shock is added via Marksmanship Lvl2), then you resolve like you're reacting to the normal ammo. It's in the N3 FAQ.

No, it just becomes Shock, because the Normal is not a special ammunition. Bioimmunity then makes it Normal and can be applied to BTS or ARM at the person's choosing.

That makes sense, well make it clear you're using only Marksmanship Lvl2 and not Lvl1 when you're shooting your spetsnaz or supportware remotes at Bolts then.

That's a moot point.
Marksmanship is a optional skill, the Spetnaz can choose. To not use it and shoot with normal ammo.

I know, I was pointing out that it does not become Shock and Normal, it becomes only Shock.

This is correct. However, if Shock was combined with AP, then ARM roll (NOT BTS) becomes compulsory.

Correct.

I'm kind of wondering now how Bolt NBC/EW defense equipment makes them very hard to stab with a knife.

It figures that something well enough sealed to provide BTS -6 would also have that same material at least be stab-resistant. Some sort of under-armour body glove, made out of non-porous, high tensile material? Resists gases and toxins, and provides decent protection against a lot of things, small knives included.

Would this also be the case for Minutemen and their flamethrowers?
MM1 making the flamethrower's ammo shock+fire.

How can someone aim so well their fire becomes shock?

They don't. They just hold down the trigger for a second longer. Burns, you can heal. And a strong man can bear the injury. Reduce that man to incinerated mush, not so much.

They add a dash of Coca-cola to the fuel, makes it burn more lethally.

Man, list building for Onyx is both fun and really, really challenging. Feels like a lot of tough choices to be made. Fun but dumb lists so far:

-Xeodron/Samaritan Haris + Unidron Core

-4 TO camo units + 5 man Unidron link

-Go Team Rodok

Lots of good stuff.

>It's the same with Holoprojector Level 2. You CAN (and are able) to use Level 1 and 2 at once.
But you can't, both L1 and L2 have a "NFB" label. You cam only do it with holo L3.

This Only Patroclus with Holo L3 allows the use of both simultaneously.

Except the gameplay examples in the rules do exactly that.

> However, it can even combine the effects of
Holoprojector L1 with its Holoechoes to confuse the enemy. Spending an Entire Order, the player replaces the Lù Duān model with a Yáopú Pangguling, a Remote possessing the same Silhouette value, and places the other two Holoechoes in base to base contact with the Pangguling, taking note of which one is the real trooper

Though I still don't get what use one could get out of that- Playing quite literally th cup game with your opponent seems rather dickish in tabletop game.