...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Trollkönigreichnetz...

Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
Last Viewed Files: Angioplasty_On_Post_Goblinization_Patients.txt
One_Eye_One_Heart.trd
Troll_Beauty_Pageant_No_Survivors.sim
Dermal_Dongs.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 24 (79% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Take Back The Underground'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Snusnu4youyou.btl

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Thread topic- Trolls.

How do you handle them, user? How do you deal with people too big for this world? What mannerisms do your troll characters have, how to they clean their horns and dermal deposits, how do you sit in a restaurant when you need a reinforced chair and your knees tilt the table? You hear of troll sammies and troll faces for the counterpoint, but what about troll mages? What's the best tradition for large & in charge?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dyne38VH
shadowiki.de/Berlin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, bugs and Daviar working together. That's how Meier's headcanon goes; Daviar outmaneuvers Ares politically, the bugs help destabilize. Then Daviar takes control and the bugs get to not be experimented on anymore, and possibly use Ares to help spread themselves.

Leave no trogger scum alive.

t. Butthurt elf who is angry all the elven women are thirsty for craggy troll cock

>troll mages
I think that they can be good mages if you get their body high. Instead of having a high WIL and resisting as much drain as they can they compensate by being able to tank a lot of drain and keep moving

>Mate, you're coughing up blood, are you sure you should keep casting?

>It's fine, it'll take a while before it fills my lungs. Now who wants to see a Powerball?

Thing is that trolls can only get two more physical boxes than a "normal" human/elf, and most physical drain spells are going to be doing 5-6 damage, which is going to probably be 3-4 if you don't have high Willpower.
Trolls are only marginally more tanky than the other metatypes are, at least in terms of drain.
If you found a tradition that soaks with body, then we can talk.

If you're willing to be restricted to a spell, that would be an adept with Adept Spell.

If your GM is willing to let you have multiple foci of Adept Spell, then you can take one to start, and then swap out.

And in that case, it's phys anway so....

>troll adept
>multiple foci of Adept Spell

That's actually kind of brilliant. You could do this with a mysad as well, so that you have some normal style mage utility spells and a few adept spells that you go full ham on and resist Physical drain with your huge Body.

If you want to go crazy, ask if you can Fetish limit the adept spell.

If so, take an AoE. Melt dangerous amounts of stuff.

>This ability otherwise follows the standard rules for spellcasting.

I actually don't see why you couldn't.

Is this how you make a Shadowrun Muscle Wizard? Which AoE spell screams "I cast fist!" to you?

>AoE spell
Dunno about that, but Punch is literally casting fist.
>Hit enemy with a touch attack (+2 to unarmed)
>They get Force+Net Spellcasting Hits P/-Force AP
>With a drain code of F-6
Let's assume our troll has 10 body and 5 will, that's an average of 5 physical drain soaked, so you could cast punch at it's maximum force at chargen (12), and deal 12+Net Hits(Let's assume 4 from a dicepool of 12)/-12AP for 16P/-12AP, for only one physical drain.

Alright gang, I have a question for you all, and please don't turn this thread to shit over it.

Also, if any of you guys are involved in a group in New Jersey led by an Egyptian guy you've known since at least high school, don't read this.

Basically, my group fucked up, the city they're operating in has gone full boston after the marathon bombing and they need to get out. Their fixer has offered to take them back to his home country of Sweden (so he can continue using them in his personal feud against his old, business partners, unbeknownst to them). I've read the Shadowhelix article on Sweden, but I'm just curious if you guys have any other interesting tidbits about Sweden in the Shadowrun world, either homebrew or official, that you'd be willing to share. Also, apparently the mid-east migration wave didn't happen in Shadowrun. Do you guys think I should include it? How would you guys go about doing that, without getting too political?

Any non-combat spells this would be good for too? Most of them seem to rely on net hits more than force.

Turn to Goo maybe, because it has to be minimum force equal to the targets body.
Cast Turn to Goo on the brick shithouse troll and then let your strongman rip out all his 'ware.

Dang it. Adept spell also says:
>The maximum Force of the spell is your Magic Rating

You can use reagents to raise the limit of your adept spell above the Force, but not above your Magic rating. Force 6 Punch (7 with Exceptional Attribute) is way more lame than Force 12 Punch.

What a shame. Since he can still soak 5 drain, higher-drain spells like AoE's might be better. Alternatively doublecasting with Reckless Spellcasting since he can soak +3 Drain like a champ.

Shapechange adept can be a thing. Enter combat, become a kung-fu tiger (or whatever goodness shows up in the next critter book) with an extra Attribute point per net hit on the spell.

Buff spells like Increase Attribute or Increase Reflexes can be more PP efficient with Adept Spell than the equivalent adept power.

In addition to what said, there's also Clout, which is Punch at a Distance, and Blast. AKA Trio the Area Punch.

There's plenty, but remember that Force limits the hits you can apply unless you want to use reagents. That gets a little costly unless you can spring for Astral Perception and Alchemy. Combat Sense lets you stack even more defense (and some anti-surprise). Either Invisibility has its uses, and Agony is pretty nasty if you can roll well. (And do something to help with the sustain penalty.)

Ice Sheet's good for escapes (but you might think about instead taking Ice Storm), but I'm going to go back to the beginning.

The best way to cast fist (if you can get the die pool up there or have some edge to spend when casting) is a well rolled Magic Fingers.

>A troll that is convinced he's an adept
>Leeeroy Jenkins! to get a bonus from shouting I cast fist
>Actually just a Troll with Exceptional Attribute Strength

The power was inside him all along

I'd say leave out the migration- Shadowrun basically departs from real-world politics sometime in the late 80s/early 90s, there's no basis for the War on Terror, ISIS, or any of the other things that went on in that region that led to the migration in the first place.

Generally for Sweden, mix in some healthy bits of Winternight and Scandinavian folk-magic and you're most of the way there. The relationship with S-K is probably one of the biggest things on the national agenda, so read the section in Market Panic on them to get a good look at the current European theatre (and who else is horning in).

What's your favorite Restricted Gear item, /srg/?
For me it has to be Alphaware Muscle Replacement 4, +4 STR/+4 AGI for 3.2 Ess, at only 125,000Y, leaves room for synaptic acceleration/boosters as you see fit for initiative, too.
Move By Wire 3 is fun as hell too if you want to make a character with 23 base initiative and 0 social limit.

That's why you'd want to take a Power Focus. Magic 8 means Force 8.

Addendum- Make sure your players know about the Scandinavian Union, particularly the open borders. There's not a lot of call for shadowrunners in Sweden itself (except as part of the endless cat-and-mouse between the corps and the country), but across the Union they could find plenty of jobs, especially if they don't mind mixing with the Vory.

>>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
Nothing wrong with working for or with a dragon so long as you're hypercompetent of the situation.

t. Lofwyr

Naw, it's a genuine thing. So long as you're not being brought in as a disposable mook and you can see the playing field, you're fine.

Also, be aware of how big a dog you are in the yard. If you're running with people that tend to get trigger happy, don't accept contracts that require stealth.

Really, the whole creedo of not working with dragons puts you in a precarious position when you start angling into the big leagues. Because if you're not dealing with the dragons, you're likely going to be dealt against them. Worse spot to be in. At least inter-dragon politics can give you breathing room in the event you cross one while working for another.

The whole point of 'don't deal with dragons' is predicated on two facts you seem to overlook.

1. You never know what's going on. You think you know what's going on, and you're wrong, and the millennia-old wyrms will always think you're disposable because you could not possibly see the playing field

2. "Don't deal with dragons" means DON'T DEAL WITH DRAGONS. Don't run for them, don't run against them, don't run near them, if you think a dragon is nearby walk quickly to a safe house, then burn it to the ground because it is safe no longer. There's plenty of ways to make yourself rich without getting caught up in dragon politics, and thinking that the safest place in a storm is in the belly of a ship between unsecured solid steel tanks rolling around the hold is the dumbest drek to dribble out of a slot since mom tried to scoop you out post-sex.

You could always do as i did: Rip out the entire stupid shit about sweden and make your own.
In my campaign sweden balkanized due to a mix of political tension, regional jingoism and the first goblinisation wave.

It divided into:
>Nordland [most of northern sweden, Republic]
>Konungariket Sverige [middle of sweden + Gotland, Monarchy]
>Tir Amarth [Gothenburg and surrounding areas, Technocracy, Elven enclave]
>Skånska Demokratiska Republiken [Scania and Öland, Fascist dictatorship]

Sverige and SDR were kind of a North-South korea-style split with all that it entails.
Nordland was in alliance talks with northern parts of Norway and Finland. They also had Nordland Kommandojägare, which were commandos trained for winter warfare, using skis and snowmobile working alongside Sapmi shamans.
Tir Amarth mostly wanted everyone to shut up and stop disrespecting the True Nordic Race: the Elves

Here's a more detailed map of Nordland, where the main part of my campaign played out.

Yeah, yeah. crappy MSPaint hack is crappy

>"democratic republic" in the name of the nation.
Every time

>There's plenty of ways to make yourself rich
The money is simply a means to an end.

>Implying the PCs can say no to the payout

And just to splurge some, here's some of the big players and small fry gangs my players ran into (or were mentioned in newscasts the PCs tuned in to)

Big Players:
>Mänskligt Artkiskt Motstånd (Human Artic Resistance) - Think swedish KKK that hates non-human meta-species
>Scandinavian Pirate’s Guild - Data thieves and fences for hot data
>Sixth Reich - Neo-Nazi “political” party

Small Fry:
>Zeta Magi - Magic Go-Gang
>NanoAngels - All Female Cybertech Gang
>Bone Pack - Ghoul Gang
>BattleBorgs - Cybertech Gang
>Ultima Humanis - Racist Anti-Metahuman Gang
>Asagårds Söner (Sons of Asgaard) - Troll & Orc Biker Gang
>Daemon Riders - Biker Go-Gang
>Läbbiga Skogen - Eco-Shamanic Biker Gang
>Iron Crosses - Neo-Nazi Go-Gang (muscle for Sixth Reich)

>Power Focus

Oh. That changes everything.

Check it out. Got a Troll Muscle Wizard here that has:
>18 dice to resist drain
>18 dice to cast Powerbolt (Herolab's giving an incorrect +2 from the mentor spirit here)
>an average of 1 drain from a Force 10 Powerbolt
>an average of 2 drain from casting 2 Force 7 Powerbolts in one round
>3 Initiative Passes on 97% of rolls
>4 boxes of damage before he takes penalties
>15 total Physical boxes
>11 defense dice, 16 on full defense
>32 soak for regular damage

The Rating 3 focus is probably overkill since he can completely soak a Force 9 powerbolt or a pair of reckless Force 6. But hey, we're going ridiculous here.

Also, since Kamikaze is Physiologically addictive, he's got 18 dice to resist addiction. And it makes him even more terrifying.

Man, her social limit seems pretty low

More like not low enough. That's outright frigid.

If you wanted to have variety, you can have the Power Focus and a Qi Focus with Adept Spell on at the same time without needing to worry about focus addiction.

That way you could have an Indirect spell, an Indirect AoE Spell, and a Direct spell for ruining pretty much everybody's days.

Tell me about your runner's fashion.

Are they slick n' suave or a dirty punk?
J-pop stripper slut or always armored?
Robe and wizard hat or business casual?

I let trolls carry everything and soak up all the bullets so that they can pretend they're valuable members of society.

A legitimately nice, fashionable overcoat that covers up the dirty Barrens rags that make up the rest of her wardrobe.

One day she'll be able to own more than one nice article of clothing. One day...

What's your opinion on no plot campagin? Just random jobs in a city.

It's how I like to start new players off but shit gets boring if you don't add plot eventually.

Is there a pronunciation guide for the corp names? my Japanese sucks dick.

It's alright, works with some groups better than others.

Current GM has just going with largely disconnected jobs since everyone likes to drink both in game and ic, and we all forget the overarching plot.

>Shiawase
>She-A-Wass-Ayy

>Renraku
>Ren-Rah-Coo

>Mitsuhama
>Mee-tsu-ham-ah

>Wuxing
>Wux(as in crux)-ing

I was thinking about 1st mission to set up group and stuff:
Mission is to infiltrate server-facility (ex. NEONET) and swap a couple of blocks with fake ones. Result of the mission along with Y will be access for a new runnerjob-desk host (somilar to Jackpoint), where Johnsons post job add and runners take it.
Possible plot would be that corp will start an investigation and create anti-runner enviroment (like random spawn of anti-runner groups, contacts won't make some offers, bounties on some runners, etc.)

I'm looking to start a campaign in Berlin, and I've been cheaply translating the stuff I can get ahold of from the books and wikis in German for the recent going-ons.

Can anyone more familiar than me take a look at this setting doc I plan on handing my players? I've taken a few liberties with some details, but mostly for understanding or in order to make something interesting in a way I understand.

pastebin.com/dyne38VH

Depends on the situation.

On a normal day where she is living her "legal" life, three piece suits otherwise its bdu clothing.

Thanks chummer!

He's got the wifebeater, faux-denim jacket and jeans I imagine are common among the dregs of Seattle.

For parties, there's his Halloweener gear, his electrochromatic jacket for proper stylishness and gang affiliation, and he turns on the full-skull LED tattoo. Honestly, I don't know who would ever have a character without electrochromatic clothing.

For runs, you add a huge cloak on top of that, plus a day-glo helmet that maintains his skull tats.

>>Mitsuhama
>>Mee-tsu-ham-ah
I always thought it was 'Mee-tsu-hom-ah', not ham as in the food.

>>Wuxing
>>Wux(as in crux)-ing

And for that I thought it was "Wu-shing" (I say 'sh', but go look up any Chinese work with an 'x' to hear how they use that sound, it's like a cross between 'sh' and 'z').

I like Sweden the way it is in-lore already - anti-Corp, possibly aiding ecoterrorists, huge black market, neopagan gangs and humanis - but I know one of my players is big into politics (I am too), and i know he's gonna ask about it. I think it might be sort of interesting to have them in there, if possible. I'm definitely gonna use some of these names and gangs, though, thanks for those.

Not sure if it's correct, but I rhyme Mistuhama with Obama.

I also agree with you on the Wuxing pronunciation.

here again

However, if it's gonna be majorly lore-breaking, I'll not use them.

If you can come up with some justification (Iranian refugees after Tehran?) then you can get some variety of Middle Eastern people up there if you really want, but there's nothing that would cause mass exodus from Syria or North Africa, and absolutely no way they'd be allowed to just wander up to Europe and get accepted out of the charity of the EU.

And, having player with highly political players, if there's one thing that's a shitty idea it's bringing in highly contentious current events. At best, people agree with the GM's stance (and make no mistake, how the GM plays it decides who is right and wrong) and becomes masturbatory, at worst it causes arguments, or just makes the other players uncomfortable and unhappy.

If your stun track is filled, you pass out correct? So does that mean if you're trying to drop a trollbrick built with a high phys track you probably are better off going non-lethal on them since that'll drop them sooner?

She's an LA runner who dresses like an anime character to pander to weebs. Outfit ranges from sailor uniform to eva style jumpsuit.

Yes.

yes, but IIRC having Pain Editor can fuck with this

The answer's a qualified yes. First, if they have a pain editor then they're not going down when stun is filled, and there's not much of an easy way to find out.

Two, if you can get extra damage without giving the target extra armor (effectively), then you may want to go with that.

If your modified damage isn't higher than their armor, it'll become stun damage anyway.

My runners bought some high end armored suits and realized they're better off with those than anything worse than SWAT armor, so they go into battle with the HIGHEST OF FASHIONS.

I'm thinking about charging them a fee to restore them to 'acceptable for nice party' status every time they take physical damage and acquire bullet holes/slashing damage

Don't be a dick. The entire point of those is so you can go into battle while also looking dapper. If they just wanted suits, they'd buy actual suits.

I'm not familiar with the RPG supplements as such, but I'm German so if you need something translated I can help you out.

Yeah, if it's that lore-breaking I'll just leave them out of it. Thanks for the perspective m90

>still greentexting links

I mean, normal armour gets torn up pretty hard when it gets shot too.

>Not appreciating the comforting green of a meme arrow

No problem. I'd like to see a refugee crisis in the Sixth World, I just can't see how Sweden would end up being Ground Zero for the arrivals.

It makes it much easier for someone to find than 'things are greentext and plaintext more or less at random'.

I thought there was already rules for that, in Run & Gun, for restoration to pristine condition. Anyways, I agree with you. It's the same problem with Sleeping Tiger, where people declare that it has to be both the most fashionable and great armour.

>that dog

Critter book with suites of doggycyber when?

>Sleeping Tiger,
>Fashionable
It makes you look like an asshole, that's basically the entire point.

Hmm, it'd be helpful, but for the most part entire book translations are a little too much to ask for over the internet.

I think that the information that I've been parsing through is mostly coming from the (relatively) recent German-only Berlin sourcebook. If you've got the time, I'd just like to know that I'm not missing any details or that I haven't gotten anything significantly wrong. Or that there isn't any newer books I should be poking around.

The sleeping tiger meta is almost as much of a cancer on 5e as the hot dog suit meta DESU

It's listed as a high-fashion armor. How else are you supposed to look wearing one?

Most people interact with the matrix in some way. Most runners have a data jack or at least some trodes.

So what's your avatar when your hanging out at the e-bar or shitposting on some future board about how bubblegum Kawaii ecchi dragon princess is part of the dragons conspiracy.

Pretty much like the runner herself, but with a blurred out face.

>It makes it much easier for someone to find than 'things are greentext and plaintext more or less at random'.
Have you looked at the previous thread?

Heck, have you looked at this thread?
>'things are greentext and plaintext more or less at random'
That's the current OP.

Your thread is shit and nobody cares about it, omae.

>entire book translations are a little too much to ask for over the internet.
Yeah, that wasn't really what I was thinking of either.
I was more thinking along the lines of stuff that you are having a particularly hard time to translate. I don't have the book, so I don't know the background but I can help you with the language.

There's only a few instances of greentext here, highlighting the important aspects; the login (for sentimental and thematic reasons), the links, and the rules.

They would stand out better black on blue than green on blue.

Haven't worked out one for my current game (though I really should) but a past character did fork out 25 nuyen for the Neil the Orc Barbarian skinpack.

Greentexting the entire OP but the links looks ugly as fuck, though. At least people on Veeky Forums have been taught that
>greentext means important things are being said

So what you are saying is OP didn't put enough meme arrows?

>not using a dark color theme

>disgracing the sacred Yotsuba B

Take your Tomorrow and get the fuck out. Keep Blue Boards Blue!

If you're using Tomorrow, then mostly greentext OP is even more appropriate, as in pic related.

Oh, there is *one* thing I was very confused by.

On shadowiki.de/Berlin , there's a small chart that includes information about the Extraterritorial district of Schonwalde. The translation I got from Google didn't make much sense; It's something about they're evacuating the district and setting up a critter research station in the forest?

It's the biggest sticking point I've found so far. The information in the table says
>Auch: Aztech-Schönwalde. Abgeschirmter und umfassend entmieteter bzw. verlassener Bezirk, in den erst langsam Aztechnology-Konzernbürger und Hilfsangestellte einziehen (selbst bei Abschluss aller Umsiedlungen vermutlich viel leerer Wohnraum verbleibend). Isolationistisch und geheimniskrämerisch agierend. Keine beobachtbaren Baumaßnahmen außer im Spandauer Forst (Zeltanlagen und andere leicht wieder abbaubare Installationen, z.B. mit Modulen oder Containern). Critterzucht- und Forschungsanlagen schwerpunktmäßig im Spandauer Forst gelegen. Grenzanlagen (Zäune mit geräumten Grenzstreifen und Sensorik) mit wenigen Zugangskontrollpunkten. Im Bezirk Kontrollen und passive Überwachung (Kameras, Mitarbeiter-RFID-Scanner, Passkontrollen). Erwähnenswerte Locations: Schöne Aussicht am Kontrollpunkt nach Spandau, Treffpunkt von Verschwörungstheoretikern, Hualpas Dance Palast auf Spandauer Seite hat unterirdischen Zugang nach Schönwalde.

Whichever is used less stands out, whether it's mostly greentext or mostly normal text

Ares Patriot's Club limited edition armored jacket, Ares brand high-speed low-drag operator pants and shoes, because he's a big fat Ares fanboy. If Vale Runs-as-Deer shills it, he's bought it.
And a ballin ass track suit when it's time to dance badly alone and do novacoke.

He tries really, really hard to appear inconspicuous and forgettable.

>His attire was equally nondescript, consisting primarily of military surplus clothing in various shades of grey and khaki green, all of which only served to enhance his unremarkable aspect.

He's had cosmetic surgery just to make himself looks as average as possible, which ironically sometimes makes him stick out like a sore thumb.

It's a list of bulletpoints describing the area and security as well as a few details that might help with setting a run there.

Also: Aztech-Schönwalde
Remote and completely unleased and otherwise vacated district, in which Aztech salarymen (literally company citizens, don't remember that term in shadowrun though) and menial workers are slowly moving in (even after resettling there will probably be a lot of empty housing space).
Isolationist and secretive acting.
No visible construction sites except in Spandau Forest (Campsites and other easily disassembled Installations, i.e. with modules or containers).
Critter breeding grounds and laboratories mainly within Spandau Forest.
Border installations (fences with cleared border strips and sensor monitored) with few access points.
Within the area are checkpoints and passive surveillance (cameras, staff-RFID(?)-scans, passport inspections)

Noteworthy locations: 'Schöne Aussicht' at the checkpoint to Spandau, meeting site for conspiracy nuts, Hualpas Dance Palast (i.e. dance palace, apparently a club) on the Spandau side, has subterranean access to Schönwalde.

'Schöne Aussicht' could just be any scenic outpost or a specific place called 'nice view' or that the checkpoint has a nice view. Just guessing here because the missing article implies it's a name and not a description, but the capitalization would be the same either way, but then again it's supposed to be location and not a description of a place that was already mentioned elsewhere.
It's a bulletpoint and could just be written kind of in a non-specific manner. The conspiracy theorist thing is pretty vague too, since it just means there is one and nothing about where it is. So it depends on how the rest of the book is written I guess.

I'd imagine that walking around in fatigues would be more noticable, not less. Even if you live in an area with a big military presence, it's unlikely to be more common than civvies.

That's the issue, really, it's actually become something of a running gag.

We had one point early one when they went to an underground metahuman fetish nightclub.

Yeah, blending in really wasn't an option.

When Zergei Dustoyvsky is doing normal business as factor for Humanis Poligroup, armored daily wear like high end (definitely not Russian knockoff) clothing line!

When secret usink Poligroup knowledge to be of defend nonhuman, Zergei don street alias of Belmont, armored liberator! Best custom combat armor loaded with many modification - no hugs when in street! Is look of plate armor but very modern and sleek havink. Add mighty great sword and custom crossbow, you also havink what he is wear while hunting ghoul and vampire!

That depends. Ares has that whole faux-military thing going, which means clothes that look like fatigues wouldn't be too eye raising in an area with a large Ares presence.

A perfectly ordinary elf woman.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a changeling.

Fair point. In certain districts of the UCAS, you could probably find enough soldier-chic to blend in, especially if his face and general demeanour are inoffensive enough to be forgettable.

What negative quality best exemplifies 'Disdain for 'ware users'? I'm making an adept whos core concept is "Obsessed with 'human potential' and 'ubermensch' and part of that is he really really is disgusted by those who use 'ware (voluntarily). He's willing to grudgingly accept that there are those who need 'ware, but that anyone who willingly has it installed when not needed/replaces bits for non-essential reasons is a degenerate weakling. Is it just prejudice? or is there a specific quality?

I think some degree of the Prejudiced quality would be the most appropriate option.

Themself. When you're a LA runner, gotta promote your brand.