Mtg standard: memewolves edition

Poorfag trying to play mtg here. wanted to go B/G aristocrats, but just a bit too exspensive.
So then I found a list for meme wolves for under 30$ no arlinn kord, but i will probably get them in trades or a few weeks or whatever.

Creature (28)
3x Breakneck Rider
4x Duskwatch Recruiter
4x Geier Reach Bandit
3x Hermit of the Natterknolls
3x Kessig Forgemaster
4x Lambholt Pacifist
3x Pack Guardian
4x Village Messenger
Land (23)
1x Cinder Glade
2x Evolving Wilds
7x Forest
9x Mountain
4x Timber Gorge
Instant (3)
3x Moonlight Hunt
Enchantment (4)
4x Howlpack Resurgence
Artifact (2)
2x Neglected Heirloom
Sideboard (15)
3x Clip Wings
1x Dragonlord Atarka
3x Fiery Impulse
2x Radiant Flames
3x Reckless Bushwhacker
3x Roast
Maybeboard (13)
1x Canopy Vista
4x Looming Spires
4x Looming Spires
4x Rending Volley
1x Smoldering Marsh
3x Westvale Abbey

How do I fix this shit? not really interested in the zada build of this, or any exspensive cards from origins/dragons (i.e. coco) but anything in the last 3 sets would be fine since they will be in for a while.
It's gunna be fairly weak to board wipes, but it seems fast enough. considering using bushwhackers mainboard.

What about you?
Playing?
Building?
Curious what the meta is like elsewhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/-/111996317960?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also, 6 other mtg threads, no standard.

werewolves suck

it's typically how it is here

Gotta go to goldfish or salvation for standard discussion. Faggots here would rather have 360+ posts about the lore or waifus.

yeah, but 400 usd for a deck that will lose 50% value in 2 months also sucks.

so fuck that.

Nice meme about the cost of standard! I'd give it a 6/10 - but it could use some work.
Also, the zada build is essentially budget and is actually good. and you'll get all your dumb memewolves.

Or, you know, stop being a fuckhead and complaining.

Source:
I won my last FNM with my Zada deck

what zada build? tokens?

op again,
user if you didn't ask this, i was about to.

would be nice to know the list this guy is talking about.

At this point it's cheaper to to take the tarkir fetch lands and zendikar expeditions and invest into modern. Standard is a fools game. The prices can no longer be justified. Budget burn decks are boring as fuck.

There are plenty of highly interactive decks in the 2-300 range though. it's not even as bad as it was in the jeskai black/rally days from a few months ago. That shit was fucking retarded. It seems both the modern and standard formats have had some volatile periods recently.

Remember that card value tends to increase down the road, and if something gets reprinted then you can reuse the old card.

The value is worth it.

Otherwise some of the mtggoldfish budget decks are pretty amazing.

It's not even that expensive really. It's just that Standard has yet another Jace that just happens to be a staple and has driven people to run blue just to run Jace. Maybe not like in the degenerate form it was in KtK's era now, but it's still there to drive the price of blue high.

It's more the shelling out of hundreds of dollars to tweak said 200-300 dollar deck that irks me. Maybe i'm just salty about only getting 3 months to enjoy esper dragons before everything turned to shit. If i'm going to spend 50 dollars per card, snapcasters and zendikar fetch lands are starting to look like the smarter investment.

We're looking at a set that should suppory shadows and aim to rebalance it.

You could probably buy zendikar and oath cards safely, but I wouldn't shell out for archangel avacyn or anything like that. I would expect thise values to plummet. If anything, buy black. It's a given that there will be a new Liliana.

>two sets coming out in July and August

Can't wait for the meta panic.

>new liliana
Agreed, get hype. I am just wondering what kind of feasible deck could be made with liliana and zombies as a mono black

>August

u wot?

Best counter in red and green against white aggro?

New conspiracy set drops August 26th.

Dragons and Origins rotate out in THREE MONTHS. Wouldn't advise buying anything from them anymore.

Kozilek's Return

Ub zombies is better. Prized amalgam and compelling detterance are too good. Also they just happen to synergize well with flip liliana

stop playing standard. buy legacy cards when you have spare $$$

how much should i sell 4 flip jaces for

$280 total if NM

and if I throw in a flip liliana?

$281

flip lili is 25 bucks, Jace is 45. Enjoy those dicks faggot.

dragons/origins rotate in october

I just built a werewolves deck. Got 4 Arlinns off ebay for 12 dollars each.

>flip jace is 45

It's $74

mfw im getting neck after playing munchkin and hold em

Tcgplayer says otherwise.

>there will be 4 blocks in STD

No. Origins and Tarkir rotate out when Conspiracy drops.

And I'm counting down the minutes.

Actually it fell 5 bucks since yesterday. Theres a 40 dollar jace up right now.

>value of lightly played cards

NM or bust.

That being said Origins and Dragons are plummeting with the Conspiracy reveal.

The new conspiracy is standard?

If you didnt open that card up its not near mint, lmao. Odds are even if you did open it up its not near mint.

What you're thinking of is standard?

My entire collection is NM. Lightly played means noticeable wear and tear that isn't quickly distinguishable.

It's a brand new set with brand new cards. What do you think?

Now that's some fucking 10/10 bait.

Is there any good draw for a wearwolf deck in standard?

>My entire collection is just NM.
>Not having your entire collection double sleeved.

It is. Gotta keep that condition up.

ebay.com/itm/-/111996317960?

if anyone is interested

Should have just sold liliana seperately.

I just want these cards off my hands, so I can buy cocaine

Sell the liliana seperate, youll get more cash for blow

do you think people are actually going to buy this shit? my worst fear is the jace sitting around for sale for 300 never being purchased, etc.

Well people are already more desperate than you and selling them individually for less. You kinda missed the window to sell playsets by like 6 months.

Whats my best bet at this point? In terms of getting cash for these cards

Offer complimentary headjobs with every purchase and sell them individually.

Selling individually is my best bet huh, TCG low or what ?

Only an idiot would buy an origin Planeswalkers now, but if they are going to buy, they will be buying for constructed. Hence, they will be buying one for their EDH deck or trying to finish a play set for modern. No one is buying four of these together.
Set the prices slightly lower than average on tcg and see what happens.

It isn't necessary unless you live in some humid, moldy shit hole. All my shitty fallen empires and homelands cards still look pristine, and I wouldn't take the time to sleeve those if you paid me to do it.

Yes, because the decks in legacy/modern that use him aren't running him as a 4 of, so the demand is not there for a full playset anymore. People aren't hot on Jace anymore. Even the mind sculptor is tumbling down in value.

The mind sculptor price fall is because of eternal masters, hes a prime candidate for reprinting and people want to get their cash piles large enough to get foils

I want that fucking Illiana necromancer. A black planeswalker that can get animated? Fuck yes.

What happens to a -1/-1 counter when a creature becomes a plainswalker? Does she just stop being undead?

flip walkers exile so they can return with loyalty counters, so they drop off of the card. I suppose if you used moonmist to flip them they would lose the counter because they lose the creature typing and cant tap to deal combat damage, but they wouldnt have any loyalty and would go to the graveyard as a state-based action.

That's baseless speculation. The point is he's not an automatic 4 of, much less a staple for blue in general. He's just now falling to the price he should have been years ago after the bannings first took place. Fanboys and collectors were dragged kicking and screaming back to reality. He's a 50 dollar card at most. Not as useful as snapcaster, but earns a premium as a mythic rare in shorter supply.

I never did get the draw people had to any of the jaces. Their ultimates are always mill, which is boring shit.

>counter the first spell your opponent plays
Thats not milling user