Dragon Ball Quest #1

The sun rises over the forest you call home, illuminating everything and ushering in the start of a beautiful new day.

In the small building where you've lived all of your life, you sit up in your bed, stretching your arms and yawning as you take a quick look around your room. Everything is right where you left it last night; your canteen is on the dresser across the room, along with your only other set of clothes.

You hop out of bed and walk over to the dresser, changing and grabbing your canteen before heading outside.

You've been alone here for a while. Four years ago, when you were eight, your parents were killed by some creature. Since then, you've been left to fend for yourself.

Your name is Tofoo, and this is the beginning of your adventure.

>>>>youtube.com/watch?v=BT1Dp69D7q0

Its been so long since I did this

>Tofoo
But that's clearly a girl's name.

>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twelve year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

I hope everyone has fun.

You step out of your home and take a look around. You can hear the birds singing in the trees, and see a few of them flying high above you.

You don't see any other animals, but experience has shown you that they are usually close by. And many encounters with them have made you stronger than most of them.

A rumbling in your stomach tells you that it's time for breakfast.

You know of a tree that bears delicious fruits nearby, which would make for an easy meal. But, you also know there are plenty of animals good for eating to be found.

Then again, you're a little thirsty. Maybe you should go to the creek and fill up your canteen.

>A. Go to the fruit tree

>B. Go hunting

>C. Go to the creek

C. Creek

>C. Go to the creek
ambush a deer while there and make Dragon Bambi

You decide to get some water before you worry about breakfast. You run into the woods and make your way to the nearby creek.

Kneeling down, you fill your canteen and take a sip before closing it and tying it to your hip. As you turn to make your way back from where you came, you hear a twig snap from somewhere behind you.

You turn, and a saber-toothed cat jumps from the trees. You move aside quickly as it swipes at you with its sharp claws, escaping without any damage but a nice cut in your shirt.

The cat lands in the creek, and growls as you turn to face it. It crouches down, preparing to pounce once again.

>A. When it pounces, do the same. Attack!

>B. Just dodge it for a while and let it tire itself out

>C. Turn and run, you can outrun this thing if you move

>>B. Just dodge it for a while and let it tire itself out

As the cat leaps at you, you quickly hop out of the way, and it lands in the dirt, looking over at you and growling again.

Turning, it swipes at you, but you duck, smiling as you stand back up. You jump over it as it leaps at you again, landing behind it and poking it on the back. Letting out an irritated growl, it turns and jumps at you again, only to hit a tree as you duck out of the way, knocking it out cold.

You guess that takes care of breakfast, but your shirt is torn up pretty badly, and you only have one more, and it barely fits you these days. None of your clothes are anywhere near as comfortable as they used to be.

You're pretty sure your parents mentioned a village not too far from where you are a few years ago. Maybe if you brought the cat to them, you could trade it for clothes. It's big, so it could feed plenty of people, and maybe they could make something out of the hair and teeth.

Yeah, you're pretty sure you could at least get clothes out of it.

>A. Take it to the village and see if you can trade for something

>B. Just eat it instead

>A. Take it to the village and see if you can trade for something

>>A. Take it to the village and see if you can trade for something

Been a while since one of these

You give the cat another conk on the noggin, guaranteeing that it won't be getting back up. You put it over your shoulders and half-carry, half-drag it through the woods.

You walk for probably close to an hour before you come to a long road. You follow it in the direction your parents had said the village was in, and eventually see what you're looking for.

In the distance, you spot a cluster of buildings, and so run toward them as fast as your little legs can carry you.

That's pretty fast, actually, so it doesn't take you long to reach your destination. But, when you get there, you stop and look around in confusion.

The entire place seems deserted. You've never been to a village before, but your parents told you they're supposed to be full of people. Looking around, you can't see a single person, though. You guess they could be sleeping, but the sun's been up for a while now, so you aren't sure why they'd still be in bed.

>A. Go knock on a door

>B. Peek through a window

>C. Call out to whoever is around

>D. Go kick through a door

>>C. Call out to whoever is around
Can we combine votes?

Like A and C?

In some cases, yes. This is one of those.

Excellent.

So Som making another dragon ball quest. Don't you have others you need to finish?

I thought they were finished?

Haven't paid attention really. They just stopped appearing so I assumed he just dropped them.

Nah, they finished, although Human quest went into GT and we lost Haya to Gohan, I guess it all turned out in the end.

Also we got the best end possible for Saiyan Warrior quest, only half our team had to die!

And my waifu.... Ride into obsession never ever...

Ok never mind. Like I said didn't really pay attention.

You call out, asking if anybody is home, but not a single voice answers.

Approaching the nearest house, you knock on the door, asking if anyone is inside. Again, you're given no answer, but you can't shake the feeling you're being watched.

You keep knocking for a few more seconds before you notice another sound. It's faint at first, but quickly gets louder and louder. And as the noise increases, the ground beneath you begins to shake.

You look over your shoulder, and turn around, looking in confusion as the noises source.

A massive, fat, red creature with a horned head, leopard-skin cloth instead of pants, and a giant club marches through the village, chuckling as he looks from home to home.

"Sherman Priest!" he calls. "Where are you? I've got great news!"

He doesn't seem to notice you until he's practically on top of you. He looks down with a mocking smile.

"Oh, what's the matter, kid?" he asks. "Did you get stuck outside? That's too bad for you, I'm feeling a little hungry. I might just have to gobble you up, unless you tell me where Sherman Priest is."

He pauses for a second, staring at the cat you're carrying.

"Or maybe you can give me that little morsel you're carrying with you," he suggests.

>A. Ask who he is

>B. Ask who Sherman Priest is

>C. Give him the cat

>D. Tell him he can't have the cat

>>D. Tell him he can't have the cat
Screw you ya big red lunk

>>D. Tell him he can't have the cat
Fuck this guy we won that cat fair and square

You tell the big red thing that he can't have your cat.

"You must not be from around here, kid," the creature guesses. "My name is Oolong, and when I want something, I get it, or people get hurt, get it?"

He swings his big club around over his head before slamming it into the ground at his side. He chuckles, continuing to grin as though he expects you to wet yourself or something.

"So you'd better give me that cat, or I'll smash you into paste and eat you up!" he promises, licking his lips.

>A. Tell him to go ahead and try it

>B. Tell him to go away or you'll beat him up

>C. Give him the cat

>D. Tell him Oolong is a funny name

>>D. Tell him Oolong is a funny name
Screw you you big red lunk

>D. Tell him Oolong is a funny name

>>D. Tell him Oolong is a funny name

"Oolong's a funny name!" you tell him with a laugh.

"Funny?" he snarls, lifting his club back up. "You rude little runt! You're really asking for me to squash you like a bug!"

He stomps forward, and the ground shakes.

"This is your last warning, kid! Give me the cat!"

>A. Tell him no

>B. Tell him to try and take it

>C. Tell him you aren't afraid

>D. Give him the cat

>E. Stick out your tongue

>F. Tell him you're really strong and that you can beat him up

>B. Tell him to try and take it

>>B. Tell him to try and take it
>>E. Stick out your tongue

>>A. Tell him no

Right lads.

Who wants to take a bet on whether this is SOM?

I'm taking 1:2 odds ($2 payout for $1 bet) on "SOM" and 2:3 odds ($1.5 payout for $1 bet) on "NOT SOM"

You stick out your tongue at him, then tell him to try and take the cat from you.

"You're crazy, kid!" he insists, swinging his club around again. "Or maybe you just aren't scared enough!"

He raises both hands above his head and yells. There's a loud noise, and Oolong is surrounded by a cloud of smoke.

When it clears, you find yourself staring at a weird, snouted blue creature with horns on its head, sharp teeth, and a long tongue.

"What do you think now, kid?" he asks in a different voice from before. "Are you still going to try and act tough? Give me the cat or I'll eat you up!"

>A. Tell him you aren't afraid

>B. Go see how tough he is, jump up and punch him in the face

>C. Give him the cat

>D. Tell him to go away or you'll beat him up

What's the odds on "Maybe SOM but not sure, but this will devolve into Waifu wars anyways even though the best Dragonball Waifu is the Supreme Kai of Time?"

the shittest taste

B. Go see how tough he is, jump up and punch him in the face

Supreme Kai of time is pretty cute, and one of the only kais who isn't totally useless.

>>B. Go see how tough he is, jump up and punch him in the face

Objectively the best waifu from the Dragonball series is You, the person reading this post.

I know right. Even the Universe 6 Supreme Kai was pretty useless. Glad ESK got defused though.

Deciding to see if this guy's as tough as he says he is, you put the cat down in front of you, and get ready for a fight.

Oolong laughs, apparently thinking you're giving up.

"Smart move, runt!" he says as he moves forward, reaching toward the cat. "Now get out of here before I-"

You jump up, pulling back your right arm and throwing a powerful punch that catches the monster in the face and throws him off his feet. He shoots through the air as you land, and hits the ground across the street, banging his head against a house.

He begins writing in pain, bringing his hands up to the spot on his head that hit the house.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" he shouts as he squirms.

He picks himself back up and glares at you.

"Do you know what I do to people who hit me like that?" he asks.

A second later, he's surrounded by smoke again, and when it clears, the blue monster has been replaced by a bat.

"So long, sucker!" he shouts before climbing high into the air and flying off.

>A. Chase after him

>B. Let him go

>A. Chase after him

>>B. Let him go
We've got Cats to trade.

>>B. Let him go

Oolong disappears into the distance, and you let him go. You can run pretty fast, but you sure can't fly.

With the monster gone, you pick your cat back up, and get ready to start knocking on doors, when they all suddenly open, and people come pouring out. The next thing you know, you're being swarmed by men and women thanking you for scaring Oolong off.

"That was amazing, young warrior!" a man in a headdress compliments. "Your courage stands as a pillar of inspiration before my people."

"You were so brave, young man," an old woman tells you.

"It's just like the legend said!" you hear someone in the crowd declare.

>A. Let them keep talking

>B. Ask if they can tell you about Oolong

>C. Ask if anyone will trade clothes for your cat

>>C. Ask if anyone will trade clothes for your cat

>C. Ask if anyone will trade clothes for your cat
and thus is established the story of Tofoo, the densest motherfucker of all

Thats what we're here for

As the people keep praising you, you get to why you're really here, and ask if anyone would be willing to trade clothes for the cat you brought.

The crowd goes silent, until you hear a single confused "..what?" from nearby.

You explain that your clothes are getting too small, and your shirt is ripped, so you wanted to trade this cat you killed for some new ones.

"I would be happy to give you some clothes, young warrior," the man in the headdress tells you after recovering from his shock.

You watch as he runs to his house, the crowd murmuring in confusion.

A man steps forward. He has black hair but a large bald spot, a dark beard, overalls, and glasses.

"Young man, don't you understand what you've done?" he asks. "You've driven off the terrible Oolong!"

>A. Oolong wasn't that tough

>B. Ask him to explain about Oolong

>C. Ask who he is

>>C. Ask who he is
>>B. What's an Oolong?

You ask the man who he is.

"I am Sherman Priest, the one Oolong was looking for," he explains. "It's a miracle that you came when you did. If it wasn't for you, I would have lost my daughter."

>A. Ask what he means

>B. His daughter?

>C. Ask why nobody else tried fighting Oolong

>D. Something else

>>C. Ask why nobody else tried fighting Oolong

>>B. His daughter?
>>C. Ask why nobody else tried fighting Oolong

>B. His daughter?

Quick question
Should we be offended by his lack of praise?
Thanks.

He praised you like everyone else, and you seemed more focused on the cat than that anyway, so probably not.

Q. Can SLoT control her age?

Waifu acquired

"Your daughter?" you ask him.

"Yes, Pocowatha," he tells you. "Oolong has been taking girls from our village, and if he was looking for me, that means he was coming to take Pocowatha."

You ask why nobody's tried to fight Oolong.

"Did you see how big he was?" Sherman Priest asks.

"He's terrible!" Another villager declares.

"Horrifying!" another adds.

The man in the headdress comes running back, carrying a small bundle of clothes. They aren't the best looking, but you're pretty sure they'll fit you.

"Here you go, young warrior," he says, bowing his head as he presents you with the clothes.

>A. Ask where Oolong has been taking the girls

>B. Offer to help get the girls back

>C. Ask for something to eat

>D. Something else

She looks pretty much the same as she did 75 million years ago.

Well that was fast

>A
>B

>B. Offer to help get the girls back
Also >pocowatha

>>B. Offer to help get the girls back

We might as well decide on a rough characterisation of the PC now.

Are we the Hero type, go out of our way to help the locals
the well-meaning but Dense type, who tries to do good but really doesn't know wtf he's doing sometimes,
the self-interested and Lazy type, but who'll do nice things for people because hey, free food,
or are we just kind of an Asshole and it's just convenient that the first two NPCs we met were acceptable targets?

fuck we're goku

You offer to help the villagers get their girls back.

"Thank you, but with Oolong gone, we have no way to find out where he took them," Sherman Priest tells you.

"Maybe he'll come back," a villager suggests.

>A. You'll catch Oolong when he comes back, and make him tell you where the girls are

>B. You'll go the way he flew in and try to find him

>C. Something else

>B. You'll go the way he flew in and try to find him
and if that fails, >A

Yeah, but Goku has varying levels of density and heroics.
E.g. in English DBZ he's heroic, but in Japanese DBZ he just likes fighting tough dudes. Canonically he's quite smart about things that interest him, but in abriged he's a complete retard.

>C. Something else
Ask food

Well hopefully our earlier challenging attitude to oolong can help add a bit more character to Tofoo. Maybe a sort of Lancer variant of Goku.

I dunno. Personally I think it'd be nice to play a character that isn't really a hero, and isn't really a villain, but feels really strongly about 2 or 3 things and tries to make friends with people who feel the same way but fights against people who oppose him.

We have a deadlock, so whichever of these two gets another vote first wins

Maybe. I also feel like that's an easy wall to fall assbackwards into being a dictator ... or a more competent Hercule

Pork no MS-DOS?

(why not get food then try to follow Oolong)

>more competent Hercule

fuck it

Fund it

Dude get in the ERP thread in trash, I linked it to you earlier.

That works.

You tell everyone that you'll try to find Oolong, only to stop after two steps as your belly begins to rumble.

You remember that you still haven't had breakfast, so you ask for something to eat.

"Sure, I owe you so much more than a breakfast, anyway," Sherman Priest says as he leads you to his house.

As you follow, he stops in front of his door and knocks.

"Pocowatha, it's me," he says. "Open the door, it's safe."

The door opens, and a young girl with braided hair and a headdress stands in the doorway. She smiles when she sees her dad, but looks a little confused when she sees you come up behind him.

"Sweetie, this young man scared Oolong away," Sherman Priest explains.

"Wow, you must be really strong," the girl says pleasantly.

Sherman Priest invites you inside, and you take a seat as Pocowatha sets the table, and Sherman Priest starts cooking some eggs.

Your belly rumbles more with the smell.

>A. Thank him for breakfast

>B. Introduce yourself to Pocowatha

>C. Something else

I was joking about the waifu shit.

>C. Eat the breakfast

DM, Imma ask you if you want our character to get involved in the romance/friendship with this NPC or if you just want us to skip waifu, imma go with whatever you'd prefer

You guys do what you want, but keep in mind you're only 12.

I'm not trying to push any waifu stuff, this was an actual character in the show, and she was pretty pleasant to everyone.

doesn't sexuality normally boot up at 9?
Sure it intensifies at 13 (in girls) and 15 (in boys) but it boots up around 9

>>C. Ask for something to eat
Whats wrong with being a dictator?

You thank Sherman Priest for the breakfast, and chow down when the plate is put in front of you.

You can't really remember the last time you are on a plate. There isn't much left in the way of dishes back home, or much of anything, really.

So, it's a pretty nice experience. You enjoy your meal, and get ready to go look for Oolong. Thanking Sherman Priest one more time, you walk out the door and begin your search.

>End updates

That's it for the first thread, everyone. I'm planning on running either tomorrow or sometime this weekend, and hopefully for a longer session.

I'd love to hear what you guys think. Or any questions you might have

Depends on the person, but yeah, good point.

Then again this is Dragonball so maybe it works differently.
Also it's your quest so it maybe works differently

Like you can decide that in this world ppl don't really have sexuality but when a man and a woman spend 1000 hours in the same room then a baby fades into existence.

Characters like Bulma, General Blue, Krillin, and Roshi all prove sexuality exist in Dragonball.